Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The Frontier

Go down 
+7
Soul of Jack
Groot
_Shadowcat_
Luna
Joel
Tiel+
MercurySteam
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

The Frontier - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:51 pm

Rico looked at the wanderer. He appeared to be experienced in surviving the deserts on his own, why would he need the services of a mech pilot? And wouldn't it be cheaper to send whatever it was with a caravan?
But Rico was not one to say no to money.
"Two hundred credits, you say? You got yourself a deal, stranger."
"Hey, Rico," the bartender intercepted, "You'd better get that mech somewhere safe."
Rico turned around, facing the bartender.
"Why is that?"
"Well, if I ain't mistakin', there's a sandstorm brewing up, an' if I were you, I wouldn't want something expensive like that get ripped apart or blown away."
"You're right" Rico said after a while, and walked out to move the mech somewhere safe.
Or, rather, as safe as any place can be in a sandstorm.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Bryan "Mad Dog" Carter
Larson, smuggling, murder
Cd30,000 alive
Cd15,000 dead
Last known location: Aquil, Pura
The Frontier - Page 3 Bm6k
The Frontier - Page 3 A0x5
Doc we gotta go back to the future!
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:58 pm

Crescent walked to the airhatch and input her I.D. which was a strict combination of fingerprints, facial recognition, retnal I.D. and a card. After a minute of cheking and confirming, the first door finally opened. As she walked in it seeled behind her and the subs door opened. She stepped through the porthole and closed it behind her. She walked to the control panel and sat down. Despite it being a self made ship it was quite clean and well put together, the entire interior was polished by hand. A few buttons were pressed and large clanking sounds were heard. The clamps released and the Sunfish drifted off into open water. Her ship plowed off into the deep blue towards the city of Auquil.

Entering the city was standard docking procedure. She was surprised that no one had already gotten to Mad Dog. Although bounty hunting is a common source of income in Yon, Pura had very little. She assumed that He would be gone by now but it couldn't hurt to look around a bustling city.

Crescent was talking a break from walking around and looking. She stopped at a local coffee shop. She had been looking all morning and turned up with nothing. She sifted through all known locations on her Touch Pad. There is one location that she had overlooked, and offcity abbandoned hydroponics plantation. If she were to head out by the end of luch time she would be able to reach it before midnight. She hurriedly finished lunch and sprinted to the docks.

She put her sub on Auto Pilot, and took a nap setting an alarm to wake her up an hour before arival. Her sub aproached the facility and was tempted to blow the whole thing out of the water right there. But it was a rather slow month. She was getting very little income. It was impossible for her to bring the usb up to the plant without knocking into it. Crescent used the subs own air seel and swam the rest of the way. The water was icy and unforgiving, her clothes which were nothing but everyday wear clung to her skin. Mad dog wasn't hiding at all, she found him within seconds sitting on a window sill. An unfilled pistol was in his hand. She walked up to him not even bothering to stay silent. Her foot steps caught his attention but he only looked up at her with sorrow.
"Take me in..." He held out his hands.
Without a word she handcuffed him and made his wait while she parked the sub along side the building so he didn't have to swim.

She dropped him off athe the Auqil Containment center and filled out the report.

"Now I don't know what they do to you considering i've never been on the other side of this. But I do know that in some time you will be taken from the planet and put in an orbital prison, be a good kid don't cause trouble." She walked away expressionless.
Back to top Go down
Lightspeed
Recruit
Recruit
Lightspeed

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:26 pm

A Old Frigate was orbiting the gas planet. Noble was a beautiful sight,but elgrin could not enjoy it fully.

- Extending fuel scoop...

From the ship cargohold,something like a big pipe extended into the upper atmosphere of the planet,scooping some of the gases to the frigate use as fuel.

The lone star is a Ironshield class frigate,being decomissioned 20 years ago and now being used by pirates or converted to a freighter by some merchants. The old age was showing,with the paint being affected by time.

- That´s it old girl...

After the refuel,the lone star changed vector to Parum,one of the moons of the Noble giant.

Spoiler:

The air was not good,but breathable,as Elgrin was walking trought the decontamination process to enter the city of Agartha or more known as Sector 382. On a dark street ,a thug was trying to have his way with a girl. I know that this is a cliche,but damsels in danger are still a commonplace. A shoot hit the guy´s head,making him fall on the ground dead,while the girl was in fear of the dark figure in the shadow,only with a pair of red eyes looking trough the dark alley.

- I am his judgment,as the shadows embrace my enemies. Now,run.

The girl went running,never looking back. Elgrin reloaded his revolver,an ancient piece of hardware.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 9:15 am

Space warped, then snapped back into place as Kevin's ship entered the system. Deftly entering commands, e directed the aging vessel towards Yon-2. Carrying a load of water tanks and food, he hoped to make enough money on this run to replace the marginally-functional navigation computer.

Directing his attention to the HUD in front of him, he grasped the control stick and throttle and began entry. Plasma shock licked up the sides of the ship as he dropped towards the desert below. Glancing at the map, he spotted the town he was supposed to drop the goods at. Muttering to himself, he flicked out the air brakes and thundered over the town, supersonic shockwave trailing in his wake.

OOC: Idk the name of the town where Mercury and Daynel are hangin' out, so I'll just call it the Town. aight?
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:01 am

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
OOC: Idk the name of the town where Mercury and Daynel are hangin' out, so I'll just call it the Town. aight?
Well, it's made out of bones and spaceship debris, so... I guess Debristown is an all right name?

BIC:
As Rico walked the mech behind some cliffs, he noticed something thundering over the town.
The shockwave hit just after he got the mech to safety, but he could feel it very clearly.
He readied his particle blaster, another piece of equipment from his time in the army, and rushed back towards the town.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Kevin wrestled the old ship around and extended the landing gear. coming up on the town, he picked a relatively flat spot and hovered over it. Checking the scanners one last time, he cut thrust and fell several meters to the ground with a dull thump. Cutting power, he lowered the ramp and moved to begin offloading the cargo when he saw a person running towards his ship with a weapon.

Alarmed, he grabbed a rifle off the rack next to him and fired a warning burst into the ground in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:18 pm

Rico stopped when the stranger fired his weapon.
"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" Rico said, not lowering his gun.
"I'm just here to deliver some supplies" the stranger responded.
"Oh yeah? What kind of supplies?"

The bartender hurried out from the bar.
"Rico, relax! He ain't dangerous, he's just deliverin' some food an' water an' stuff."
Rico lowered his gun.
"All right, I trust you." Rico finally said, and started walking towards the ship.
"So, you want some help with those?"
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Kevin placed the rifle back in its rack. "No, it's okay. I've got a drone to do all that. Hang on a sec."

He strolled back inside and flipped a few switches. Looking out hte hatch, he called to the bartender.
"Hey, mate? Did you put in an order for oversized cargo?"
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 4:52 pm

After the pilot exited the inn, R'Tec left his seat and walked to the opposite end of the taven. He heard the thrum and drone of a lone sitar emanating from the corner beside the door. There was an old, weathered man in a desert-stained robe holding the instrument. His eyes were the color of the night sky, with no white. R'Tec must have missed the wizened musician when he entered. There was something oddly familiar about him, though, something that evaded R'Tec's memory as the musician's eyes locked on his. There was a knowing quality in his wrinkled smile. R'Tec dropped a 5 credit piece into the sitar case, nodded at the bartender, and exited the building.

R'Tec's robe billowed around him in the increasing winds, he fastened the robe's belts, sure to leave the hilt of one of his blades exposed. Better to have a means of killing ready until he was sure that his source of transport could be trusted. He must have underestimated the severity of the storm. He had come to observe his conveyor, suggest that they leave before its the full brunt of the storm hit, but the dust in the air told him that the winds would be adequate to strip the paint from metal, and his ferry had already left to seek refuge in a crevice of the cliff. He removed a communicator from a fold of his robe and glanced at its screen to confirm his theory: no signal. The static from the storm was already interfering with telecommunications.

An ultrasonic roar blasted overhead. R'Tec looked upward, watched a small craft streak toward the town and decelerate. He walked behind another building to avoid detection from its pilot, hid himself in the shadows of the increasing amount of orange dust. The craft landed and lowered a ramp. R'Tec placed a hand near the exposed hilt of his knife when he saw his mech pilot approaching with a weapon drawn. He stepped from his cover and approached, the owner of the inn emerged from his building. There was an exchange between the three and the mech pilot put his gun away. Keeping his own weapon ready, R'Tec kept his distance from the ship. Perhaps he could get a ride with this newcomer directly off planet instead of trekking all the way to Dridac. Either way, he needed to know a timeframe and needed to reach his Puran contact. Sacrificing his accent mask for volume over the winds, he spoke, "'Uo saw the storm from above. It seemed it would be small, brief?"

"Aye, short 'nough. Maybe a just a few hours." The pilot of the cargo craft said.

"Me contac's to the west said it'd prob'ly last through the nigh'." The bartender offered.

"Will 'ou stay grounded thro' it?" R'Tec inquired. He checked his comm device again, still no connection.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:24 pm

Magnion decided not to report back to the human that had hired him, choosing to just leave the severed head of whatever that was on his doorstep. Magnion briefly processed what the fleshling's reaction would be, he calculated it to be amusing.

The human's farm was roughly 20 kilometres away from the nearest settlement, and as he no longer had any reason to stick around, Magnion started making his way towards the town. He doubted anyone would offer him a lift, he wouldn't even be surprised if someone shot at him, he was doing a very good impression of a maverick death machine, still covered in blood from earlier.

He didn't know what to do next, he didn't care about money, if he wanted something he could damn well take it. The man from the security force hadn't bothered him for months, and nobody was threatening to terminate him.

Magnion switched his radio on, listening in on the local news broadcasters. He heard something about Dria, a couple of transport mechs had gone missing with no trace, which meant either someone was attacking them, meaning more squishes to torment, or there was a motherload of goods just sitting there somewhere in the dunes.

The town up ahead had a space dock, he'd "acquire" a ship there.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Halifax paused and stopped Jerry in his tracks. Around the next bend, someone was talking. He peered around the corner, careful to not reveal himself. It was as he suspected- this was the master control station. From here every aspect and every function of the station was under both manual and electronic control. Every main function had a separate control panel and a subsequent monitor station. A few of them were busted- time had destroyed their circuitry. The others remained functional, still outputting their data feeds to the room. Indicator lights adorned the walls like a Christmas tree, providing basic status updates on everything. Halifax spied one, directly above the engine room's panel. Low altitude. Which meant that friction with the atmosphere would bring the station down very quickly. The only thing keeping it up was the anti-gravity drive.

The man sitting at the panel appeared to be the boss, the lord of this particular mafia. Wisps of smoke drifted from his mouth as he lit a cigar, absentmindedly watching out the window that overlooked the extraction beam. His feet were propped up on the control panel- dangerously close to the reactor control switches. One wrong move and he could send the station plunging to it's doom.

Halifax motioned for Jerry to take cover, and then he stood up. He slowly approached the man, twirling his butterfly knife as he approached. "Halifax," the man said, without turning around. "How nice of you to drop in."

"Your friends weren't exactly happy to see me," Halifax replied, stopping a short distance away. "They seemed to think I was someone else."

"But of course, it's really a formality," he replied, amused. "A little test, if you will."

"That's what that was? A test? Is this a game to you?"

"Not really, but certain... precautions must be made." The man chuckled. "I see now that it was unnecessary."

"And why do you say that?" Halifax responded, seething with anger. He pulled an arrow out of the quiver slung on his left leg and nocked it.

"Because you're here, and not out there." He chuckled again, and Halifax pulled the bow all the way back. "You truly couldn't resist coming back to me, could you?" The man stood up.

"I believe you have something of mine," Halifax said.

"Oh this?" The man held up a small gem. It pulsed as he held it, with a quivering green light. "I didn't think it was important." The man laughed and turned around. The look of amusement on his face quickly changed to one of horror. "You're not Halifax," he stammered.

"Surprise, bastard." Asimov released the arrow and it penetrated the man's chest, pinning him to the control panel. Asimov caught the gem as it spiraled out of his hand and turned around to leave. He was interrupted by a large tremor as something collapsed.

"Warning," the automated message system said. The Pylons didn't have AI's. "Critical reactor failure. Pressure shield failure. Anti-gravity failure. Orbital decay imminent. Station will penetrate Alpha-3 Cloud layer in 3 minutes." Asimov pulled himself up. The Alpha-3 cloud layer was the point of no return, where the majority of the storms the gas giant held existed. He needed to get out, and fast.

He ran to Jerry, pulled him off the floor, and began running back down the corridor as the observation window began to crack and fracture with the increasing pressure.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:04 pm

<<Detecting faint plasma plume - projected object size: small corvette

Looking to the sky, nothing was visible. Magnifications gave way to the sight of the flaming vessel, however it was too far away to gain anything else meaningful about it except projected destination - about 34km from her current position. It would take just over 2.45 hours at a sustained run. The torn boots set off across the sands.

((Wayward is only an hour and a half out now))
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Crescent walked slowly and kept looking back wondering if she would ever forgive herself for turning back. There was nothing wrong with him but he was just so... persistant. It seemed no matter what she did he always had a glimmer of hope that she would somehow fall in love with him. She walked up to his door so painfully slow that it looked like she was suffering an injury. She knocked on the door and waited for what seemed like forever. When it finally opened a woman stood there, she was tall with blond wavy hair. She leaned against the door frame and calmy asked.
"Are you here for someone?"
"Ye... yeah... ummm. Is Nelson home?"
"He's here, do you want him for something?"
"The uhh... just get him for me please."
The woman left the door open and walked away. Crescent heard some chatter and footsteps were coming down the hall.
"Nelson? Is... is that you?"
Nelso looked different, his hair which was normally flat was now spiked and his clothes which were normaly very ragged turned into a clean and well looking suit.
"Who... who is that?" Crescent asked him feeling quite lost.
"Oh uh thats my wife. Her name is Clara. So what do you need?"
"You have a lot of explaining to do when we meet again. But anyways I need your help. I'm upgrading the Sunfish so it has atmospheric capabilites. The plan is to get it into space eventually but right now the sky will have to do."
Nelson looked at her without flinching. "Alright does tomarrow moring sound good?"
"Uhh, yes that would be great."
"Alright I better get going. We had plans for the evening," He gave Crescent a wink and shut the door on her. Crescent walked away extremely confused. She walked back home this time slowing dow to admire the scenery. Fish swam just outside the clear tubes and she gazed off into the water that quickly faded to black. She walked over her house, it was very dark and her porch light was dim compared to the other houses. She went over the same security process as when boarding the Sunfish and walked into the house. She kept the lights off and climbed the stairs looking past the walls and into the open ocean hoping to see another creature. As she stepped into her room she kept on looking. But none showed up and she took off her clothes and layed down on the bed gazing into the dark blue.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 9:17 am

Kevin raised an eyebrow at the man speaking to him. "Likely I'll unload and be off, mate. I'm not sticking around. But if you're getting at what I think you're getting at, one, the ship's not going to serve as an inn, and two, if you want transport, it'll cost. Not much, but cost it will."

He returned to the ship and sat on the ramp, watching the drone unload the containers of water. Noting out of the corner of his eye the man he spoke to was apparently armed, he turned to him.

"And I'll ask you disarm yourself, or at least put it away. I'm a trader, not a murderer."

OOC: I'd be much obliged if Kevin was portrayed as speaking clear. Slightly Aussie, but clearly, none of this desert-speak nonsense Razz
Back to top Go down
Lightspeed
Recruit
Recruit
Lightspeed

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:01 pm

"Mr.Elgrin,i presume"

Said a man in black,very well dressed for being in that place. Elgrin was looking at him,while sharping a small dagger

- Yes. What you want?

"My employers have some interest in your...line of work"

A metal briefcase opened on the table. Elgrin was suspecting,checking the surroundings and ready to trow the knife in his head.

- Well then..tell your employers that i dont work in that way anymore.

- They knew that you would say something like that. That is why i am prepared. *Said the man opening the briefcase,with lots of paper currency*

-I said that i dont work more for money! I am here to protect-

-Yeah,a galactic wide murderer,ex-member of a elite squadron under the command of a shady corporation. We know that you hide well,and everyone knows that a killer is a killer,does not matter if he is trying to change. Yoou know,we could call authorities..

-Haha...

-W..What is it?

- You can´t call nobody if you are dead.

As soon as he said,the sharp knife flew in his direction,hitting his head

- I am here to protect,but i will not hesitate in remove my obstacles. See you in hell.

He went out with the briefcase.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 9:41 pm

OOC: Added LS to character list, added a bit about Parum and the Outer Band.

BIC:

Transport. Good, this man was direct. R'Tec sensed no dishonesty in his tones, though it was becoming difficult to hear over the wind. The sand blown from the lip of the cliff created a billowing arch over the town, they would have to leave soon if they were going today.

R'Tec removed his hand from the hilt of his knife and slid it and its sheath into his belted robe. He lowered his head in a short bow, a sign of respect to the pilot and his ship. "My transport will be brief, I assure you, and you will be compensated." He turned to the owner of the mech, from who he had originally purchased transport. "I fear that I must cancel our agreement."

Rico shrugged.

R'Tec motioned toward the craft and addressed its owner, "I require long-range comms. May I?"
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 1:43 am

"Aww Rico, don't be sad" the bartender said.
"There's tonsa other jobs out there"
Rico almost grinned a little.
"Sad? Hah, I've missed bigger job opportunities than that."
"Oh, no' this again..."
"I once got an opportunity for a 50 000 credit job, but it was ruined by a single piece.. hey, where are you going?"
"Back in the bar. You can come once you finish tellin' tha' awful story."
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 2:02 pm

"There's a short-range comm nuit on the port side of the foredeck. I'd ask you not touch anything else." said Kevin.
Strolling up to the cockpit, he returned the drone to it's bay and began checking the systems.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 5:51 pm

Asimov let an arrow fly as he took down another guard running for the nearest shuttle. Behind him, Jerry was reloading his pistol. They had 30 seconds.

He smashed the control panel for the hanger door and braced himself as the room depressurized. Jerry already had a helmet on. There was one ship left, a large two person fighter. The sleek wings were folded back to fit in the hanger, and the red and white coloring scheme informed him that this was a stolen experimental. It's cockpit was open, and Asimov ran towards it. Jerry followed.

He jumped into the front seat and started the reactor and engines as Jerry entered the seat behind him. As the fighter began to lift out, he looked out of the bay. The clouds were racing by a mere kilometer away. He floored the throttle and the fighter slid out, immediately going into a tumbling spin as a piece of debris hit the unfolding wing. The wind was keeping the craft in a tight spin as the station descended below them, breaking off and burning up in the atmosphere. As the g forces increased, Asimov slammed down on a button marked, "Emergency FTL jump."

A massive pressure wave formed in the gas giant's cloud layer as the ship sped out at an insane velocity, creating a massive depression in the clouds visible from orbit, in addition to the one already formed by the falling station.

Millions of kilometers away, the ship rocketed out of FTL above Dria. All systems were redlining or failing. The ship began to tumble as the thickening atmosphere buffeted the ship. Asimov attempted to bring communications online, and he tried to recover navigation. Unable to restore navigation, he looked for visual clues as to his descent path. A sandstorm was below, and he guessed that was where he was falling. He looked for other navigation markers- a large plateau extended from the side of it. Navigation flickered on, and Asimov pulled up a planetary map.

There was a town there, and his path would take him into the center of it. He desperately tried to regain communications to warn the town, to get them to shoot him down or get out of the way. The craft continued to tumble, and Jerry behind him wasn't responding. Blood covered his cockpit; he was dead.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Acquiring a ship was easy for Magnion, he just asked a civilian shuttle pilot nicely, which didn't work, he then asked angrily, which worked very well. The local law enforcement were probably would take five to ten minutes to be alerted and to get to him.

The ship looked just about space worthy, and he could just about sit inside.

"Pilot not recognised" the ships computer informed him, Magnion roared at it... To no avail.

It took about 10 seconds to find the biometrics computer, and a further two to tear it out, Magnion would then just have to plug himself in and override the weak security system on the shuttle.

Blaring sirens coming from behind him told him he only had a few seconds left, the best course of action was to gun the throttle and pull up hard, the enforcers would not have the firepower to take a shuttle down, not yet anyway.

Small arms fire accompanied him on his ascent into the sky, most missing completely, a few hit, but did no serious damage, Magnion could survive a decompression of the craft.

Magnion set the FTL destination to somewhere above Dria.

OOC: requesting to change theme to this:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:27 pm

"Crescent? Hello? Are you up there?"
"Hmm wah?" Crescent woke up to the morning lighting and a voice flowing through her doorbell. Her eyes spread wide open when she relized what was happening. "Damn it! I'll be right down!" She yelled. She rushed to slap her clothes on and ran down the stairs opening the door with her jacket only halfway one. "Hi... got everything?" She looked up and down at Nelson to see he was back in his shambled appearence. "You've reverted." She said dissapointed.
"One, yes, Two, yes." He kept his same poker face appearence.
"Well... to the dry dock?" She asked.
"Dry dock!" He turned around and walked towards the sub docks.

"Looks good!" Crescent pronounced looking at their days long work.
"Agreed, but does it work..." he looked at Crescent clasping his hands and smiling.
"Oh... right, I guess I should go test it out..." She said nervously.
"I'll get a search VTOL on standby," he said walking away.
"Alright Sunny!" She looked at the redesigned ship with a nervous smile. "Lets go."
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Short range comm- less direct, less secure. It'll do though, at least penetrate the static layer and reach a satellite. He nodded to the pilot again and boarded the craft, turned to the port nacelle, and entered a small room dominated by a communications control board. As he entered the room, he unbuckled the belts he was using to anchor his robe against the winds, allowing the desert-stained fabric to hang loosely around his stillsuited figure. A thin layer of dust settled around his feet. He slid a gloved hand over the control panel and fiddled with the apparatus until it came to life, then closed the hatch that led to the rest of the ship. He tuned the signal to match that of one of the long-range communications satellites and linked it to one orbiting Pura, then sent his message to the intended address.

"Clairvoyant. I'll require transport sooner than expected. The broken moon, estimate: an hour." He said in his deep-desert accent.

A few seconds passed, the time the message required to transverse the space between planets and then some. Finally, he received an answer. Not one that he expected, though. A ping issued from the board, followed by a blaring klaxon and an alert recording. The communications satellite had picked up something on its sensors with an unchanging trajectory that placed the area of impact near the cargo ship's position.

R'Tec hastily opened the hatch and crawled into the main part of the ship, ran down a short corridor into the cockpit. He activated the sensors and made a link with the satellite's network. It showed a large mass plummeting toward Dria. He estimated only a few minutes before it made contact with the surface. He fastened his mask over his face, left the cockpit, and strode to the ramp, stopping halfway down.

"We should leave. Now." He called to the ship's owner.

"What? Just finished unloading, the storm's getting worse, don't wanna clog the inta--"

"Now." There was a tone of commanding urgency in his voice. "There is an object falling directly toward this town, satellite network picked it up."

"An object? Like a meteor or something? Well I suppose we should warn people, then..." His voice was drowned out by a gust of wind.

"No time, there's nowhere for them to go."

The pilot shrugged and began to walk toward the craft. He called into the orange haze "OI, THERE'S A THING COMIN', GET OUT AND DIE  OR STAY HERE AND DIE. There, at least I can say I tried."
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 10:42 pm

Standing on the peak of a dune, the sprawling structures spanned the sands below were spectacular. Wayward made her descent along the steep slope, a large plume of dirt and sand trailed. A ship was clearly seen leaving, similar size to the one that landed earlier, but something else was up there. Preliminary analysis suggested some type of debris or wreckage, and it was falling fast. She could only hope for it volatility, it would make the task much easier.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:10 am

Asimov began rewiring circuitry in order to bring the communication online. All systems were still redlining- he wouldn't be able to recover the craft in any capacity. But if he was correct, he could slow it down or skew the ship enough to not cause any major damage. The ship wasn't heavy, and wouldn't cause too large of an impact. He hoped.

He rerouted power after restoring emergency control to communications. It fritzed out for a few seconds before establishing a weak comm uplink to the local area. He altered his voice- one of the panicked soldier- and began yelling his message.

"This is Delta 3 of the Faraday Miastat squadron," he yelled. "We were attacked and we had to make an emergency FTL jump! All systems are offline, ship is headed on a direct course for the city!" He began trying the controls again, when the weapons system came online. As standard procedure, it was meant to readout all armaments the ship carried as well as diagnostics. Diagnostics took seconds- most systems were failed. But the missile system was still intact. The armament display for it quickly popped up.

Nuclear tipped warheads. Shit. If he impacted, the town would be annihilated. "Ship is an experimental fighter! Target size 10 meters length, 14 meters wingspan! Shoot me down, I repeat, shoot me down! Ship is armed with nuclear-tipped warheads! Heading 077 at 45 Degree angle descent!" The comm's spat out a message.

"...onfirmed, nuclea... down..." Asimov couldn't get anything else out, but he assumed the worst. He opened the cockpit shield, and barely held on as the plasma plume hit him. He grappled onto the outside of ship and located the missile rack, and began attempting to disarm it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   The Frontier - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Frontier
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next