Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

The Frontier

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Damn the intergalactic community is tiny, Only Robots and Humans? Damn I was hoping for some space Elves or klingons o some other race.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:01 pm

I don't feel like it. No owls kills it for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:53 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
Damn the intergalactic community is tiny, Only Robots and Humans? Damn I was hoping for some space Elves or klingons o some other race.
*Makes Spy snorts*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:35 am

It's not only humans, just no ponies and no owls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:00 am

I'll actually try and join in this one:

Image:

Name: Magnion III

Race: Type IV heavy rig

Profession: fucking shit up Heavy metal expert Giant death robot Heavy defence robot

Personality: Bit of a brute, is capable of being intelligent, but prefers to smash things.

Brief backstory: born as yet another failed attempt to reproduce the infamous Lamentor, Magnion III was given away for free as some kind of security robot. After proving that he wasn't a complete violent moron like his failed experiment brethren, he was assigned to protecting the colonies.

Theme music:

Last edited by Prototype on Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:02 pm

Picture: Pending

Name: Jonathan or VAT Zeta

Race: Endian

Profession: Wanderer

Personality: Warm, Reserved, Calm, Seems to really hate the OS

Unique abilities (optional): Able to conjure fire and Magma/Lava from his mind.

Brief backstory: Was a VAT Program Test Subject, he escaped and burned the old VAT facility to the ground. Now wanderers around from system to system.

(optional) THEME MUSIC!: Look up Awkward Meeting from Kevin MacLeod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:49 pm

Soooo who's accepted?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:12 pm

Well I don't know how it would even hypothetically possible to conjure magma from your mind, so everyone buy Jack.

Everyone note that Dria is basically just a rip off of Dune, so if you make too much noise in the open desert a giant worm will swallow you.

*But Jack. Slavery is illegal in most places.

Last edited by MercurySteam on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:46 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
so everyone buy Jack.
11 D9 N0T C9ND0N-E T)(112 (I do not condone this). 6UT 23R119U2LY, W)(-EN D0 W3 2T4RT (But seriously, when do we start). I was BOR-ED 0kay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:00 am

Oh, we have more than enough people. Start anytime.

Current Bounties:

Telec Grimm
Larson
Cd9,000 alive
Last known location: City of Harvest, Autumn

Bryan "Mad Dog" Carter
Larson, smuggling, murder
Cd30,000 alive
Cd15,000 dead
Last known location: Aquil, Pura

Head of Blood Serpent Syndicate
Homocide, money laundering, extortion, illegal substance trafficking, people trafficking, etc.
Cd2,890,000 alive
Cd1,000,000 dead
Last known location: Private station orbiting Noble
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:09 am

A small, inconspicuous shuttle dropped out of subspace near one of the failing pylons around Miastat.

It followed the traditional architecture of those who lived on Ember, yet sported a much different color scheme. It was white and punctuated by green stripes, based on the curves and panels holding the ship together. It's sleek architecture made it a small target, yet provided just as much space as the other, larger ships.

The station was not unoccupied. As the ship approached, a radio transmission began emanating from it. "Some poor son of a bitch just dropped by," the radio squawked, in a deep and distorted voice. "Blast him out of the sky." On the pylon, a small turret rotated towards the shuttle. It quivered as three missiles detached from the missile rack and blasted off, spiraling towards the shuttle. The shuttle turned at the last minute, attempting to avoid the missiles, but to no avail. The missiles slammed into the hull with a screech, quickly causing multiple hull breaches. Seconds passed, and then the shuttle exploded in a violent plume of orange and red. Debris was scattered everywhere and began to fall towards the gas giant, as the anti-gravity drive keeping it up no longer prevented gravity from pulling it down.

Except one piece of debris. Glinting slightly in the dim light of the star, it stayed on a straight path toward the station.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:36 am

In the great deserts of Dria, a lone mech was walking towards a small settlement.
The feet were equipped with silencing pads and it walked slowly, to make sure to make as little sound as possible.
It eventually reached the settlement, a town with just some houses composed mainly of bones and debris.

The mech pilot jumped out and walked towards the local bar, to listen in on possible jobs.
"Well if it isn't Rico" the bartender said.
"What brings you to this life-threatening hellhole, friend?"
"I need a bed and a job, and the closest city is too far away unless I want to travel by night."
"Well, the hotel is just across the street, and for a job there is a caravan that needs guarding."
"A caravan, you say? What kind?"
The bartender grinned.
"A motorized weapons caravan. It should get you to the city fast enough, and you'll even earn some cash."
Rico smiled, an uncommon occurrence.
"I knew I could count on you, friend."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:34 am

MercurySteam wrote:
He is not a slave and never was one. He is a Endian Test Subject that was made from splicing a Endian with a Imp like race, but he was made in a cloning pod/VAT pod so that's why he has no last name.

Anyways does that me I'm accepted?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:52 am

Soul of Jack wrote:
MercurySteam wrote:
He is not a slave and never was one. He is a Endian Test Subject that was made from splicing a Endian with a Imp like race, but he was made in a cloning pod/VAT pod so that's why he has no last name.
No one said you were a slave.
Cats said buy Jack but corrected it to but, stating that slavery is illegal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Groot
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:49 am

Magnion had been tasked with tracking down some escaped animal that had been playing havoc with the livestock, said creature was supposedly about the size of an ancient earth Rhino, but with more teeth, and serious anger issues.

It had been four hours now, and Magnion had not even found a trace of the beast. He was about to radio back to the fleshy that had hired him, when he heard a low growling noise coming from behind him.

Magnion turned around to find the beast, the fleshy had given it a name, but Magnion did not remember or care what it was called.

"Hah, think you are tough fleshy? Come on, I'll end your pitiful existence"

The thing charged him, head down, but Magnion was one step ahead. He fired his claw at the thing, grabbing onto its neck, and squeezing tightly.

The thing screeched, and Magnion retracted his claw, pulling him in towards the beast, and aiming his cannon at its neck.

He fired.

He fired again.

The remains of the beasts head rolled onto the soft ground, covering Magnion's armour in a weird grey liquid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:27 pm

City dwellers, offworlders, those that learned no water discipline from the depths of the desert- that didn't have to. A tinge of disgust brushed R'Tec's mind as he focused his binoculars on the town. He stood from the crest of the dune from which he had made his observations, put his binoculars away, refastened his and began toward the town. As his angle of view shifted, he saw a small walker between two buildings. Risky to use such a vehicle when the leviathans of the deep sands can be alerted by the rhythmic footfall of a wanderer. Luckily the sands of this region were shallow.

R'tec came to the edge of the cliff that hung over the town, protecting it from winds. He looked toward the west, at the orange glow of light filtering through dust particles that signified a large sandstorm. The sands under the cliff face would provide adequate protection, but he may as well enter the town.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:58 pm

<<1.8% Increase In Tectonic Activity
<<Recommended Course of Action: Scan For Lifesigns
<<Scanning...
<<Scan Complete: 2 Incoming, ETA T-39 Seconds
<<Recommended Course of Action: Draw Weapon

Wayward stood. She quickly drew back the torn cloak, a growing glint appeared as the 13mm ballistic pistol was drawn from its sheath. The Ra'in began to surface as Wayward faced them, weapon drawn. The dull green splatters joined faded patches of similar coloration, their innards painted the dune behind. In the same motion, she replaced the gun and turned to continue, the sand whipping her cloak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:31 pm

OOC: Do to the fact that my long post be deleted this will be a short post.

BIC:
Looking at his Holo-pad Jonathan saw that the bounty for his target had been removed when he had taken him in... and right back out again.

"Thanks Wanderer."

"No problem."

As Jonathan walked away he got a message.

>>Message To Jonathan<<
Ship under attack need help.
Now.
>>Message End<<

He started running toward the spaceport.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:35 pm

Crescent gazed at the board. It read

Bryan "Mad Dog" Carter
Larson, smuggling, murder
Cd30,000 alive
Cd15,000 dead
Last known location: Aquil, Pura

"Hey Cresy..." A voice came from behind her.
"Not now Nelson!" She said without turning around.
"Jeez... just asking if you want any help with this?"
"He's just a kid I'll be able to handle it on my own, she said walking towards the sub dock.
"Sunfish requires a gunner though right?"
"Nope updated the comp system just a few weeks ago... And tested it."
"What if he has a gun?"
"Nelson! Shut up!"
"Fine Ill let you go on your own, but when your looking down a gun barrel remember that I could've helped."
She walked away thinking "Damn I should have invited him and used him a bait..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:40 pm

The piece of debris hit the station- and stuck to it. As it began to move, it revealed itself to not be debris, but a man. One of metal.

He wore a cloak, much like the Assassins of older times. He activated a small plasma blade that extended from under his wrist and attempted to cut through the metal. Whatever these pylons were made of, however, was incredibly resilient. He shook his head, cloak slightly floating off him in the zero g environment, and pushed off. He located an airlock and maneuvered over to it, activating the emergency release and stepping inside. The automated sequence initialized, cut out, and the room locked itself.

At this point, he pulled out a small card from his cloak. 'Halifax' was visible on it's side. He inserted the card into a reader on the inner door and something whirred. The local intercom gargled into life. "For the last fucking time Halifax," the intercom sputtered, barely concealing the aggression apparent in the message, "tell us when you're coming. We could have used that shuttle and NOT wasted missiles." Halifax slightly shifted- though the differences were minor, it conveyed an idea of a much different man. Not one that hides in the shadows, but one that would be feared. He seemed to dominate the room, despite the fact that he only occupied a small section of it.

"Security risk," he snarled, clearly annoyed by the turn of events. "Tell your lab boys their damn code can't fool a Kaleji mining bot."

"Whoa whoa, no need to get aggressive." A few beeps and the inner door slid open. "I've unlocked the door for you, and i'll get you a better code."

"Get it in 3 hours." Halifax shut the intercom off and walked in, fanning a butterfly knife in his left hand as he walked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:50 am

OOC: Jack when did I say you were accepted?
Added a player list, slows all character's locations. Also added a list of random facts about the planets. If anyone has any questions, refer to the "FUN/FATAL FACTS" list. If its not on the list, ask me and I'll put it on the list. Bounties will be updated as old ones are resolved.

BIC:

R'Tec walked into one of the inns in the town, a small one with what resembled a bar on the ground level. He walked slowly, as if he was still treading on desert sands. Particles of grit rasped between the floor and his moisture-conserving desert gear. He threw the hood from his head, revealing stained cloth wrapped around the top and sides of his head, reinforcing the face seal of his stillsuit. Eyes of the city dwellers drifted toward him, his flitted around the room and each of its inhabitants, gaining an outline of the room and sizing up the occupants in less than a second. None of them looked like they posed any direct threat, but he didn't like the amount of attention he was receiving. He strode to a table in a less-illuminated corner of the room and sat with his back to a wall. The people went back to their drinks and conversations, chancing occasional nervous glances toward R'Tec.

The bartender, who had been conversing with a man wearing a Technotronic insignia on his shoulder, shifted his gaze toward R'Tec's corner and spoke, "You need somethin', mate?"

R'Tec shrugged just enough for the tender to notice.

"A brew? A room? We got a new shipment o' water, straight from Pura, only a cred per centiliter."

R'Tech rasped if a voice that would reach only the bar tender, "Alcohol forces moisture from the body, and you can keep your offworld water."

"Well we ain' no waitin' room."

"How much for a night?"

"Ah, twenty."

R'Tec tossed a Cd20 coin to the bartender. He turned his attention to the man that the keep was talking to, with the insignia on his shoulder. He was obviously wealthy, at least wealthier than the other city dwellers, his clothes possessed none of the wear, his face wasn't drawn with the characteristic lack of water, he showed no sign of addiction to the Spice. The sign that he wore on his jacket matched the emblems imprinted on the small mech outside.

R'Tech took a sip of recollected water from his suit's tubes and waited a few moments on the time his 20 credits bought him, listening to the continuing conversation between the barkeep and the mech pilot. A caravan transporting weapons? Likely illegal arms or Spice smuggling. No matter, the closest large city was three days away on foot, and gods know how long the storm will last. He waited until for the right time, then directed his voice at the pilot, "You're going to the city. I'll give you two hundred credits for my transport."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightspeed
Recruit
Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:35 am

Spoiler:

Name: Christopher Elgrin.

Race: Symbiont [Genetic modified human]

Profession: Ex-member of a Special Operations squadron. Now its a  "Vigilante" of the system,punishing crimes by his own hands and commander of the Lone Star,a old but very modified frigate.

Personality: A little closed for the world,but  caring for the ones that he protects. [More or less a dark knight,a sense of honor,chivalry,but with blood on his hands,trying to forget the past and redeem ]

Unique abilities (optional): Kinesis mastery [Trained and modified to be a hybrid,it has special kinetic abilities ] . QAI [Brain + Quantum computer,giving certain control over machines and a fast thinking]

Brief backstory : [UNKNOWN]

"The line between good and evil rest upon a thin grey line. The dark path is one of pain, torment, sacrifice, one of shadows...but ultimately, the dark path is as noble as the path of light. Some will do whatever it takes to protect what they love...are they evil? Are they misunderstood?"
"The unseen blade..is the deadliest"

THEME MUSIC!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:58 am

Corrino Sardaukar! LS accepted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:57 am

I assumed I was since a: You really never really gave me a reason why I not accepted and b: You never answered me when I asked 'Anyways does that me I'm accepted?'.

Give me a reason please.

Edit: I forgot about this sorry.
MercurySteam wrote:
Well I don't know how it would even hypothetically possible to conjure magma from your mind
Its less from his mind and more from his Mark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:05 pm

Jack, I agree that your character is ridiculous. Denied.

BIC:

Halifax walked down the corridor, butterfly knife in hand, looking for a very particular set of doors. He passed another set- gravity monitoring. He was getting close. He rounded a corridor and slowed down. There were five guards on a table, playing poker. One of them was clearly losing- as he approached, he stood up and drew his gun on the player nearest him. They then all stood up, drawing their gun on the first guard. "Put your gun away Jerry," said the tallest of the five. Halifax spotted a general's emblem on his shoulder- this guard was high ranking. "Kaleb hasn't done anything qrong."

"I'm not negotiating with this cheater," replied the first guard, apparently Jerry. "Show your pockets asshole!"

"I ain't cheatin'," replied the second guard, apparently Kaleb. "J'st u ain't an'y good at poka'."

"Don't lie!" Jerry dived onto the second guard and began punching him. Halifax approached, drew his weapon, and fired into the ceiling. Twice. smoke curled around him as he fanned his butterfly knife, absentmindedly studying the guards in front of him. The tallest guard pulled Jerry off of Kaleb and shoved him into Halifax. He caught him, pushed him aside, and kept approaching the group.

"And what the hell do you think you're doing?" He asked, with a hint of anger and annoyance in the group.

"We're on break," replied the third guard. Halifax read the nameplate on his armor- Gerard. "We have time to..." Halifax didn't let him finish. He punched him, a sickening crunching sound filling the air as he hit him directly in the face.

"Where we work, we don't have breaks." He raised his gun and pointed towards the other three. "Get back to your stations." He looked at the cards on the table. "And you have a few extra aces in this deck." The three guards looked at each other, then at Kaleb, and then took off running down the corridor. Gerard looked up, saw the glint in Halifax' eye, and took off after them. He holstered his gun and turned around to Jerry, who was leaning against the wall.

"Took you long enough," Jerry said, checking the time on his watch. Another relic from an ancient era. "I don't know how long I could have kept that up."

"You did fine," Halifax replied, now much more friendly and cheerful. "Let's get this over with." Halifax entered his card into a key reader on the wall and a panel slid open. Jerry ducked inside and Halifax followed after him, pulling a bow out from under his cloak at the same time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Frontier   

Back to top Go down

The Frontier
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next