Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log

Go down 
+21
_Shadowcat_
Keon
The Schmetterling
Saravanth
hyperlite
Hierarch CMA
Tau
Tell
TinkerPox
Hierarch Fenway
Groot
Joel
MrTargareyan
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Caramell
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Soul of Jack
Last_Jedi_Standing
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 5:04 pm

I don't like it's nose and its shoulders are too big. Do you have a model for it I could manipulate?
Besides that, it's great! Progress of any sort is a gift. Nay, a blessing!
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 5:06 pm

The head isn't quite done, ATM it's just a test of flextrapezoids, but it'll look something like my avatar. It's missing a few shapes, it won't be as sharp as it is now.

And the shoulders? Too far out or too blocky, as I plan on replacing the cube shoulder joints with octagons, same with the main leg joints.

As for a model, just tell me what you think needs to be done, as I am still making changes to the model, I only put it into MCP to get the config file set up and to test animation and rotations.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 2:37 pm

No fleshies spared...

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 2013_10_18_19_36_58
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 2:54 pm

'cept that slime.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 2:58 pm

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
'cept that slime.
What slime?

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 2013_10_18_19_57_49
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 3:38 pm

Prototype wrote:
'cept that slime.
What slime?

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 2013_10_18_19_57_49
There´s Villagurrs in the ruin to the left.
Do you, by any chance, have a rapid fire weapon to take them out?
I have seen enough explosion craters.
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 3:39 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
'cept that slime.
What slime?

Yes, give us the implosion craters already.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 3:46 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
'cept that slime.
What slime?

-snip-
Well I just worked out why the laser models were crashing the game, so yes, I do have rapid fire weapons.

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 2013_10_18_20_46_47
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 5:56 pm

You should make a custom weapon for it that has high ammo capacity and heavy damage
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 6:02 pm

tacokingbob wrote:
You should make a custom weapon for it that has high ammo capacity and heavy damage
Already had plans for custom weapons.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 1:12 am

You should make a Rapid-fire Nuke Cannon, Because every mod requires and OP object.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:28 pm

Ok, because I've realised just how complex the updating process is for the rest of the pack, and how incompetent I currently am, I'm releasing the Type IV Omega as a standalone for anyone following the development while I figure out why I'm so incompetent.

Download link here.

And no I do not know how to craft it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tg1xl8ym037587f

BTW this is the first release of a mech not made by flan ever.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Can't be crafted. Doesn't count.

Don't trip all over yourself trying to win some nonexistent, meaningless race. If something's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:00 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
Can't be crafted. Doesn't count.

Don't trip all over yourself trying to win some nonexistent, meaningless race. If something's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
This is a filler until I can get the rest of it working, I could have set it up to use simple parts but I'm going to make new parts for it.

Edit: actually it can be craftedm but it uses the recipient of the proto Titan with different dyes. Forgot about that.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 5:13 pm

Any planned mining mechs?
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 5:14 pm

tacokingbob wrote:
^
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 5:42 pm

tacokingbob wrote:
You can mine with them anyway.

And I want to get the SR and UGF combat mechs done first.

Also, has anybody tried it out, and has anybody found anything wrong with it?

So far the only problem I know about is hit boxes, as someone on SMP.de has told me, but apparently pressing F10 let's you view the hitboxes, which I didn't know, so I can actually get some decent ones set up, not just for this, but for all the models.

EDIT: and power tools show up in a funny place, annoying as I liked how the guns were on the sides of the wrists.
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:55 am

Did you see Manus`s new mech! Yo should do like a trade off let him use your X-Wing for the Sci-Fi pack and him let you use the mech in FutureCraft! Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Madcat4
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:04 am

And he has done it again.
Made a really awesome model, that is.
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:10 am

Meh, the rocket launchers on it's shoulders are not really my style.
Just as the arms. And the humpback.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:11 am

Does Flan's not support an alpha layer?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:16 am

I would love to know how Manus made the cockpit textures.

I would also love to know how he got around the problem of equipped items floating mid-air like they did on my first build of Omega.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:58 pm

tacokingbob wrote:
Did you see Manus`s new mech! Yo should do like a trade off let him use your X-Wing for the Sci-Fi pack and him let you use the mech in FutureCraft!
Spoiler:
Holle shite, mechgasm. That looks like a Madcat straight from MW. Pretty sure its copyrighted though.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:06 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
tacokingbob wrote:
Did you see Manus`s new mech! Yo should do like a trade off let him use your X-Wing for the Sci-Fi pack and him let you use the mech in FutureCraft!
Spoiler:
Holle shite, mechgasm. That looks like a Madcat straight from MW. Pretty sure its copyrighted though.
It is a Mad Cat, Manus only recreates things in minecraft, and he's fucking good at it.

The cockpit on this, from a modellers point of view, is brilliant, the rest of it is only slightly better than what I've done, but the way the cockpit is made is pretty genius, and yet rather simple.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Concept: Jackhammer
Didnt get the left weapons quite right
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log   Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype's temporary and somewhat dissapointing development log
Page 10 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next