Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Lambda Leonis

Go down 
+10
Fenway
Joel
Last_Jedi_Standing
Julo
Soul of Jack
Tiel+
Commander Error
Caramell
Grand Imperial Thunder
ACH0225
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:26 pm

Boris glanced at his watch, then considered smashing it when the readout was nowhere near the output he was seeking. It was a rather intricate timepiece from Betall VII, carved of pure ivorium with inlaid gemstones of varying worths, he remembered.

It would not do well to discard such an asset meaninglessly, even if the blasted contractor had yet to arrive with the load of peranium.

The owner of the system's leader in commercial goods grunted in disdain as he gazed expectantly out the transparent aperture into the gleaming darkness of space. Since shipments ceased arriving from the other systems, he had been forced to rely on independent miners to collect the resources necessary for his business to stay afloat. Well, most of them, anyway. Many of the materials required could be siphoned or otherwise processed from the nearby planet, Leonis C, a moon of which the station he stood on was tethered to.

Boris groaned as his thoughts drifted to the response he'd gotten when he'd set up shop in the system. Terms like 'trusts' and 'monopoly' had been slingshotted back and forth when he sought a claim to the region. Ones he didn't necessarily understand. What he did comprehend was the lack of backbone on the part of Fenway, whom he was told lacked the backbone and power to shut down or inflict sanctions on one of the leading suppliers of hydrogen fuel and domestic appliances to the entire solar system.

In a way, the natural embargo had been quite a bolster to business, he mused.

A grim smile spread over the Russian-born tycoon's blunt features as the DRADIS readout on his watch reflected a sole ship entering range of the scanner.

"Little man finally came back, hmm?"
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 3:00 pm

Tiel wrote:
Boris glanced at his watch, then considered smashing it when the readout was nowhere near the output he was seeking. It was a rather intricate timepiece from Betall VII, carved of pure ivorium with inlaid gemstones of varying worths, he remembered.

It would not do well to discard such an asset meaninglessly, even if the blasted contractor had yet to arrive with the load of peranium.

The owner of the system's leader in commercial goods grunted in disdain as he gazed expectantly out the transparent aperture into the gleaming darkness of space. Since shipments ceased arriving from the other systems, he had been forced to rely on independent miners to collect the resources necessary for his business to stay afloat. Well, most of them, anyway. Many of the materials required could be siphoned or otherwise processed from the nearby planet, Leonis C, a moon of which the station he stood on was tethered to.

Boris groaned as his thoughts drifted to the response he'd gotten when he'd set up shop in the system. Terms like 'trusts' and 'monopoly' had been slingshotted back and forth when he sought a claim to the region. Ones he didn't necessarily understand. What he did comprehend was the lack of backbone on the part of Fenway, whom he was told lacked the backbone and power to shut down or inflict sanctions on one of the leading suppliers of hydrogen fuel and domestic appliances to the entire solar system.

In a way, the natural embargo had been quite a bolster to business, he mused.

A grim smile spread over the Russian-born tycoon's blunt features as the DRADIS readout on his watch reflected a sole ship entering range of the scanner.

"Little man finally came back, hmm?"

I take it you are the one who hired me. Okay. Kobialka's ship was slowly towed into the station. Once inside, he found Boris who looked more than a little annoyed with his late arrival.

"Does it really take that long to deliver?"

"Boris I'm afraid I was atacked by pirates on my mining trip today. They took out my warp drive. I had to leave early so I was only able to pick up half the peranium you ordered."
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 5:41 pm

OOC: Dithar's weapon manufacturing is suppose to be happening in not-so-secret secret. Maybe change that advertisement to something like the company is offering private security?

'Esh sat at his desk, reading the article. He never meant for anyone to die, not so directly by his hand and certainly not innocent civilians. He'll have to have a word with Rubic about this.

"Tetra, I need you to get me Rubic. Now."

"He's already on the way. I take it you read that article?"

"Yeah."

'Esh closed the channel and waited for Rubic, every second growing angrier. He put away his holotablet as the mercenary walked into his office. He had heard that the human was the best around for stealth operations, and he had been looking for a contract for quite a while before the Feles had hired him.

"Fifty-two people. Dead. Innocent civilians!" Shouted 'Esh.

"I killed not one of those people direc-"

"Don't give me that shit! Every single one of those lives lost is another slug through Dithar if anyone ever finds out about this.

"I wa-"

"I told you specifically to only target systems needed for collection and refinement, to make sure that injury was kept at a minimum."

"You told me to target systems needed for op-"

"Life support, generators, hull plating, hazardous material lines. It looks as if you were trying to get people kill-"

"I kept to your orders to the best of my abilities."

"You were messy. Now get out."

The human left 'Esh's office. The executive could have easily brought down the Pylon with no casualties in his years as a merc. How things have changed.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 5:52 pm

OOC: Blegh no one found out about me capturing a govermant ship? Aw.

After waiting for ten minutes and no call I decided to check out the local news, Turning on my holoscreen a news story about the govermant pylon being attacked came up, Someone blew up the base putting the pylon out of commision for a while, Interesting.
I turn off the holoscreen and pull up Jimmy "Jimmy, Whats the status?"
"12 of the other stations have started rebelling so far 2 have suceeded and joined us the others are in bloody conflict right now. Also that ship we captured is outfitted for fighting now"
"Good, I think its time we anounce to the sector are pressence"
"Very well sir, I will boost the coms power"
I close the comunication and pull up a sectorwide anouncment com
"Attention, There is a new faction in the sector the U.O.A we are a group of people whos intrests lie in overthrowing the goverment and establishing a new order."
There short and sweet perhaps this will stir up some turbulance.
I then remember an advertisment I saw, I figured I would check it up, I tap a few buttons on my holoscreen.
"Hello Dithar-Corp I would like to inquire upon the purchasing of a small army..."
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 6:01 pm

Kobialka heard the message of the rebellion rather quickly. Stupid as it was... he felt like joining. Well... it could wait. He already had a large enough price on his head. Besides, it would be bst to see which side has the best shot at winning before he joins in if he does at all. After dealing with Boris, Kobialka gets aboard his repaired and improved mining barge. He sets course for the asteroid belts.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 6:53 pm

Race:Endian(Rootier)
Job:Capt. of a small fleet of Mercs.
Name:Nex
Back Story:Nex was always a shadow of a endian.Slick,sneaky,smart.Anyway he has his fleet today because of a Merc ship that had Docked at a Space Station he was living at.Anyway he had come here to do a job kill a gov. worker in fact the same spot Fenway rose into.That was 5 days ago now they're trapped because of the Ionic storm.The price on there heads is high and now they're just waiting...
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:18 pm

OOC: Jack accepted.
BTW, CAN PEOPLE NOT READ?

THE IONIC STORM HAS NOT REACHED THE LEO CLUSTER YET. 3 WEEKS IT WILL HIT. IT CAN'T SPREAD 360 LIGHT YEARS THAT FAST.
BIC:

Fenway stared at the communication log. Open Rebellion. Over what? His inability to keep the system under control?

Laina rang him. "Sir, the military has arrived."

Fenway smiled. "What'd they send?"

"Apparently they heard the news of rebellion and came three weeks early. They sent 30 frigates, 15 cruisers, 5 battleships, 2 carriers, 8 Battlecruisers, 4 transports, and the Ragnarov."

Fenway stared in disbelief. "They sent the Ragnarov?! Thats a class IV Assault Flagship? Who the hell authorized that?"

"Commander Dash sir." Commander Dash was one of the most effective generals yet. "Also, he requests communication with you." Laina shut off the communicator. Fenway sat staring for a second, then answered Dash's call.

He was greeted by a battle-scarred face. "Greeting, Director Fenway," Dash said. "I am Commander Dash. You called for military support three days ago, correct?"

"That is correct sir. See, we have several-"

"I am aware of the situation and we are taking appropriate measures. In the meantime, I'm going to have to ask you to stand down."

"Stand down? Wha-?"

"The situation has escalated since you first requested support, and it is deemed that you cannot control the situation effectively."

"I've been doing everything in my power-"

"We are aware of your efforts. You will be given accommodations. That is final." Dash disconnected. Fenway rubbed his temple. "I never asked for this..."

Meanwhile...

Dash turned from the communication screen on the Ragnarov and rounded on one of the sensor operators. "Give me the status."

"Sir, it appears that 12 Pylons are in open revolt. Pirate and Mercenary activity has increased dramatically. Local DRADIS records at least 20 pirate incursions this day. Ground forces have also been spotted."

Dash looked pleased. "Excellent, this shouldn't be hard to manage." He walked back up to the Captain's Chair. "Fighters are to initiate Strikes on all revolting Pylons. Cripple but do not destroy. Occupy all cities on Lambda B and root out the mercs and pirates. The rest of the ships are to patrol the system and stop all freight traffic for inspection. Force is authorized for uncooperative and violent subjects. Nothing gets in or out of this system without me knowing about it. The media is to be strictly controlled and censored from our activities."

An officer spoke up. "Sir, this is just a routine-"

"A routine what? We need to stop the rebellion at its source! Taking action now is the only method! Send the message!"

It details as follows:

Lambda Leonis is now under Military Control.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:25 pm

"Ah, pinfeathers. Let's see.... Cloaking, cloaking.... Cloaking!" Pyrrith pulled the lever, activating the cloaking mechanism, the baffles, and the electric ablative coating.

Pyrrith's one owl ship, the Tythalmager, suddenly became black as space, and invisible to all surveillance equipment.

"Now, I wait..... The rebels will need weapons eventually, and I am known enough around here...."
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:26 pm

That sounds a mite much to control a single star system.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:50 pm

ANARCHY!!!!!!! WOOOOO!!! Twisted Evil

Fun Fun Fun Fun

Lets see what happens when some unknown "borrowed" military grade Plasma cannons and sheilds pop out of dem stations!

EDIT: Wait wait wait I thought planet B was a gas giant? HOW DERFURK ARE THERE CITIES ON IT!?
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:51 pm

Tielthelaughingwabberjack wrote:

OOC: Star system's a big place, and this one hasn't been developed militarily.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:56 pm

catsonmeth wrote:

OOC: Star system's a big place, and this one hasn't been developed militarily.

OOC: If it had that would just attract moar pirates, If its worth enough to have a military, Then its worth enough to steal.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:01 pm

But I mean, thirty frigates and a handful of battlecruisers over a place comprised of a whopping twenty five settlements?
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:11 pm

But I mean, thirty frigates and a handful of battlecruisers over a place comprised of a whopping twenty five settlements?
OOC: That is a lot to you? I mean if we have like a couple million for settlement, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:12 pm

Sorry. I should have used italics on whopping.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:23 pm

Sorry. I should have used italics on whopping.
Yeah, that internet sarcasm is way too complex.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 9:05 pm

"Sir it seems there's a revolution going on and a large fleet coming to stop it."
A rookie reported.
"Hmm...Tell the rest of the fleet to lay low and cloak."
Nex said.
"Yes sir."
The rookie bowed and left the room.
"Ralith bring up Comm. with Paul."
Nex said to the AI.
"Yes Nex."
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:06 pm

OOC: We need to start working towards a more common idea, as in we need to interact more, and figure out how time is passing.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:15 pm

A smile spread across 'Esh's face as he listened to the recorded conversation between Fenway and the Commander. The smile wasn't one of contentedness, but instead one of slight puzzlement and a kind of excitement. This was a challenge he has never faced before. To pick up a sword or to remain passive? Dithar was grossly outmatched, not that it was ever prepared for all out war. Even if he somehow united all the mercs, pirates, and revolutionaries there would be no hope of winning against such an adversary. He realized that he was thinking like a warrior, and not a businessman. He was the largest exporter of shipbuilding materials in Lambda, a significant contributor to the market. Any aggression would be unwise from a business standpoint. As long as everyone keeps their mouth shut about the weapons, his company is safe. Fenway was stripped of his power. That was a damn huge setback.

'Esh sighed and stabbed the cork in a nearby bottle with a claw and twisted it out. He was about to pour a glass when Tetra buzzed the door, then overrode the security anyway. The door split and she entered, then sat down in one of the leather office chairs opposite of 'Esh.

"You need to drink less." She said as she snatched the bottle away and took a swig.

"What are we going to do, Tetra?"

"I don't know, I guess the only thing we can do is watch and wait. And maybe tie up some lose ends."

"I suppose so. Now give me that, it was expensive."
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:35 pm

Paul looked over the stitches on the Tom's back, and sighed.(How often do we use sigh I think I have seen it like 7 times.)
"Well, Tom you won't be of any use, but at least you can't kill me for the poor excuse for treatment," Paul said to the unconscious man's back.
"Will he be okay?" asked Whiskers.
"The hell should I know." replied Paul.
"You spent ten minutes helping him, and you don't know what you are doing?"
Paul glanced at the man on the cot, and then looked to the cat in the door. "I'm a farmer, We're lucky I can stitch' em up at all."
"Well, whats the plan then?" Whiskers asked.
"We report a military level raid, and go back to Home-Stead to get Tom 'ere some Help." Paul said making his way past the cat and to the on board communication station.
"That is it?" Whiskers asked in disbelief.
"No, but that is what we do now." Paul said sitting down at the communication station.
"Attention Home-Stead this is Paul, repeat Attention Home-Stead this is Paul." Paul said into the radio contraption.
"I read you Paul, what do ya' need?" came the reply of the operator.
"I got a man wounded and we got mercs in the fields."
"What do you mean, "mercs in the fields"?" came the operator's reply.
"I mean someone shot Tom and destroyed the cat-guy's, Whiskers, Outpost." Paul said, growing angry with the man.
"Sir, I don't show any employ by the name Whisker's at Outpost 17."
"Whisker's what is your name again?" Paul asked turning to face the cat.
"Ti'Loa of the g-"
"What is your employe number?"
"8901-78" replied Whiskers.
"You still there?" came the voice of the Home-Stead operator.
"Yeah, his employe number is 8901-78," Paul replied.
"Okay, it says here that is Ti'Loa of the g."
"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just change that to Whiskers."
"Yes sir, is that all sir?"
"No, I need you to find a weapons dealer, and as many mercenaries as you can get," Paul said.
"Can do sir," the Operator stated.
"Report back to me when you find something, ending transmission." came Paul's response.
"Copy, and out."
Paul tiredly sat down on the cot beside Tom.
"Whiskers, you may want to rest up your job description just got a whole lot longer, and you need to tell me why mercs are out in my fields gunning for you."
"Alright, it is because"
"Later, whiskers I'm going to lay here for as long as I can." Paul replied wearily.
"Fine," was all the cat man said.

-15 minutes later-
"Sir, we are almost back to Home-Stead," came the voice of Short-Stack from the cockpit.
"ONLY WAKE ME WHEN WE GET THERE!" Paul yelled to the front of the craft.
"Aye-aye, sir." the voice of Short-Stack sounded down the ship.

-5 minutes later-
"Get up sir we are back," Shorty said.
"car.. um.. med.." mumbled Paul.
Whiskers, and Short-Stack glanced between each other shrugged and flipped the cot.
"WHAT IN THE BLUE BALLS OF A THORNIUS!" Paul cried as he toppled onto the floor.
"We're here." Whiskers said turning to leave.
"Wait, grab a med team and send them here, and Short-Stack make sure no one wakes me," Paul commanded as he made way to his quarters in the complex.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:23 am

everything was happening too fast. Rebellion? Now military control? WTF! How long has it been since he heard of the rebellion? 2 days maybe? He was going to need something a little more protective. He'd need to steal a new ship. Stronger. He would sell his freighter, use the money to by strong weapons, have them shiped to a station over another planet because once he stole a new ship he would need to get out fast. No time for outfitting. Not there. What should he steal...
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:29 am

After waiting 10 min. Nex closed the call.
"Ralith bring up a call with that miner ah whats his name...ah yes Kobialka."
"Yes Nex."
The AI said.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:39 am

Who is this Nex?
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:42 am

"docking acces denied: Mu Leonis"

"What the-?"

Control Tower: Kobialka.

Kobialka: Yes?

Control: This ship does not belong to you.

Kobialka: I'm... uh...returning it?

Control: Right. You will have security escort you through the station to a ship that will take you to a prison over Hellfire.

The communications line was cut off right there. no no no no no! This cant be! They found him! Kobialkas ship docked.

Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:30 pm

"Sir Kobialka is taken to prison on Hellfire."
The AI stated.
"Take us there I still owe him.Get us to that ship."
"Yes Nex.Telling Fleet to follow.Jumping."

OOC: Tiel I made a app. for this go look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lambda Leonis
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Futurecraft Roleplay-
Jump to: