Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Lambda Leonis

Go down 
+10
Fenway
Joel
Last_Jedi_Standing
Julo
Soul of Jack
Tiel+
Commander Error
Caramell
Grand Imperial Thunder
ACH0225
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Situation

The year is 2683 C.E. After five centuries of expansion... it has come to an end. A massive EM storm has descended on the galaxy. What caused it, what it is from, when it will end, we don't know. But the effects are there.

Any region outside of the heliosphere of the sun is deadly. Anything that exits a system is gone, forever. Communications, travel, all gone. Every system has been cut off to fend for itself.

Whats worse, many systems depended on others for supplies, materials, everything. With FTL between systems suspended, they face certain death.

The System
Spoiler:
If you don't want to read,

Leonis A- "Hellfire"
-Rocky
-Temperatures 170 Centigrade
-Mostly molten surface
-Extremely Intense Magnetic Field
-Valued for metal contents
-20 Outposts

Leonis B- "Steaming Jungle"
-Rocky
-Temperatures 120-100 Centigrade
-Incredibly Thick Atmosphere
-Intense electrical storms in place
-Supports Life
-25 Colonies and 120 DRADIS Installations

Leonis C- "Vespene"
-Gaseous
-Valued for fuel-grade hydrogen
Leonis C Alpha- "Wedding Ring"
-Asteroid Ring
-Mostly Metals such as Iron, Copper, Nickel
Leonis C Beta- "Saudi Arabia"
-Asteroid Ring
-Mostly Hydrocarbons (Such as Oil)
Leonis C 1,2,3- "The Three Musketeers"
-Moons
-Mostly water

Leonis D- "The Wreck"
-Frozen Body
-Unscannable
-Surrounded in debris field consisting of alloys
-Unreachable
-EM field scrambles electronics

The Situation.

This is a mining colony with little military and, strangely, no pirates. As such, no weaponry or defense systems were required, so they are very rare. Mining beams are standard issue on all ships. Handheld Railguns are in supply, however, as they are for defense from the inhabitants of Leonis B. They range from pistols to full-fledged assault rifles to shoulder mounted launchers.

Production facilities exist on Hellfire, as the massive heat provides a natural furnace. They were building tools and goods for sale to other systems, but can be easily regeared...

DRADIS is short for Distance Ranging and Aerospace Direction Indication System. This is designed to track, designate, and plot any ships in its scanning range. The successor to RADAR (RAdio Detection And Ranging).

Required supplies are in massive stock when the EM storm hits, but quickly dwindle...

The Rules

1.) No stuff that doesn't conform with the place, at first. Would you find computers sold in a grocery store? Would you find a gold bar in a trash heap? For the same reason, would you find a superweapon in a mining colony? Later, as they can't be obtained from elsewhere, they may be constructed in the facilities at hand...

2.) No metagaming (Character knows stuff that he shouldn't, or knows everything you know). As in, I say in a private transmission to another player the location of a very rich mineral deposit, and your character doesn't know, and then you race there for no apparent reason?

3.) No Godmodding (Controlling people's characters).

Current roles

Fenway- Mining Director. Coordinates with several executives to plot out the tasks of the colonies, where to mine, etc. Essentially ruler of the colony.

Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:49 pm

What jobs are there available?
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Well, theres...

Miner- We always need miners of metal!
DRADIS Operator- Keep the ships safe!
Pilot- Pilot the cargo runs!
Executive- Leader of a small company of miners
Installation Guard- Keeps an installation around Vespene working, controls it, etc.
Farmer- Steaming Jungle has all the required food, just needs farming.
Advisor- Help the Director make decisions, or control a certain section

And many more.

BIC:

Fenway tapped the holoscreen again and repeated himself.

"This is Director Fenway of the Lambda Leonis system! Is anyone there?" The communicator just bleated static.

Fenway sighed and sat in his chair. He tapped the screen again and brought up the status reports of supplies. Everything was well stocked at first, but if supplies don't come through soon...

He was interrupted by a call from his personal assistant, Laina. He tapped the holoscreen and responded.

"Director Fenway, we have a man here to see you," she stated.

"Yes yes, send him in." The screen faded as the door slid open, and a hooded man walked in. Fenway could only see his mouth, as the silvery cloak blocked out the rest of his features. Without invitation, he sat down in one of the overstuffed, plush chairs. Fenway felt a little taken aback. "State your business," he said to the man.

The man looked up. "Director Fenway, I have come to you for a request," the man said. Fenway raised his eyebrows. "We have been cut off without supplies and without pay for 3 weeks! We demand contact to Earth this instant, or you and your Morgan Megacronies aren't going to see their next shipment!"

Fenway leaned back in his chair. "You know as well as I do what's going on. As much as I want to let you contact Earth, I can't. You see, we haven't..."

"To hell with your excuses! Everyone here knows that in times of crisis you alone have the sole power to contact Earth whenever you please! We demand to speak with them to obtain our pay and supplies!" The man pounded his fist on the table as he spoke.

"That conversation is between you and Morgan Technologies. I will allow you to contact them once this incident has cleared up!"

The man stood up. "Excuses again Fenway! When are you going to tell the truth? When are you going to submit? We've had this conversation 5 times now, and you say the same thing!"

Fenway sighed. "I've told you several times that the..."

"Ionic storm is blocking communication, yes, I get it." The man clenched his fists. "If you won't let us contact him, we'll send a ship to Earth to sort this out ourselves!" The man stormed out of the room.

Fenway leaned back and contemplated before Laina called him again.

"Him again. When will he understand the nature of our predicament?" Fenway asked.

Laina smiled. "I'm sure we'll sort this out. By the way, you have a Town Hall meeting in 30 minutes," she said, reading off her clipboard.

"What was it about again? Something about taxes?"

"It's the discussion of changing tax calculations on subsidized ships. Several pilots are claiming the taxes to cost more than the goods they sold. They say the weighing system and rates don't work with molten metal."

"Right. Well, I better be getting to that." With that, he switched off the holoscreen.

Today would be a good day.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Janx - Executive
Species - Spiderwolf (Pointless Humanoids :p)
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Pyrrith, the entrepid guns salesowl! Lost most of his guns in an unknown accident. Armory chief. Only has his trusty minimug left.

Species: Strigiforme.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 8:26 pm

OOC: Both accepted. Janx is placed under command of Pylon 03 orbiting Vespene. This is the largest Pylon, with the most output, and potentially the most unstable.
Pyyrith is, yes, weapons dealer. He sells weapons for protection from native creatures.

Fenway returned to his office, throughly disgruntled. He settled into his office chair and dialed Laina. "The subsidy tax is perfectly fine! The bastards hadn't noticed that the collectors had "added" weight to it!" said Fenway.

"Quite a waste of time, then," Laina gently said. "Should I send up some tea?"

"That would be wonderful." Fenway switched off the communicator. He had barely opened up his computer when an alert sounded from his holoscreen.

"Warning, Pylon 5's orbit is destabilizing due to asteroid collision. Estimated impact time with Leonis C 5 hours."

Fenway shook his head. "I told them... Well, I better get this problem rectified." He brought up a command interface connecting to the facility and spoke into the computer. "Pylon 5's orbit is destabilizing and we need someone to fix it. Send 3 Argon Class Freighters and hold the facility in orbit until appropriate repairs are made." He sent the message with an imperative heading, which overrides anything else.

It wasn't an asteroid.

Last edited by Professor Fenway on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 8:35 pm

OOP: K, What do I do exacty? Also you forgot to say what Pyrrith does

You control Pylon 3. You make sure it runs well, its output is working, etc etc. Its pretty self explanatory.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:11 pm

Name- Karth'Esh

Race- Feles

Height- 2 meters

Weight- 88 kilograms

Age- 182 years

Personality- Diagnosed with Wanderer's Syndrome, 'Esh refuses to bond to a group, though is more open to individuals than others of his species.

Brief History and Occupation- Spent four years in the TSRFM military before receiving an discharge. He then traveled the stars with a band of mercs until he came to the Leonis system. He left the mercs and joined a gas mining colony on Vespene, worked his way up the chain of command, then sold his position and bought rights to a portion of the outer debris field surrounding The Wreck. He now owns one of the largest metal mines, the third largest refinery, and the twenty-first largest private ship collection in the system.

Last edited by catsonmeth on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:16 pm

OOC: Yes, I know I control that but what do I post exactly. Is it just a story or do I follow off of you?
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:38 pm

OOC: Largest metal mine and refinery yes, but theres no shipyards in the system. That was located in the nearby Mu Leonis system. Most of the refined spaceship materials were sent there. Otherwise accepted.

Shadowcat, you seem to be largely clueless on what an RP is. Lemme give you a blurb from wikipedia.

A role-playing game is a game in which the participants assume the roles of characters and collaboratively create stories. Participants determine the actions of their characters based on their characterisation, and the actions succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines. Within the rules, they may improvise freely; their choices shape the direction and outcome of the games.

Essentially making a story with others.

Last edited by Professor Fenway on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Fenway, Pyrrith's weapons weren't stolen, they were lost in what he mumbled about

"Dirty..... Wasteland planet...... Crashed..... Scummy Tien...."
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 9:59 pm

Professor Fenway wrote:
OOC: Largest metal mine and refinery yes, but theres no shipyards in the system. That was located in the nearby Mu Leonis system until the storm.

Shadowcat, you seem to be largely clueless on what an RP is. Lemme give you a blurb from wikipedia.

A role-playing game is a game in which the participants assume the roles of characters and collaboratively create stories. Participants determine the actions of their characters based on their characterisation, and the actions succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines. Within the rules, they may improvise freely; their choices shape the direction and outcome of the games.

Essentially making a story with others.
Yes I know what a RP is and I'veplayed in enough of them that I know every RP Maker has difrent preferences on what the characters do.
------------------------------
I walk into my office and check my email some spam, some corperate emails about how they expect me to make some imposible goal with half the workers or some other annoying thing, Hmm the monthly budget report is going out soon, I make sure to remove the 5,000 credits and add the suposed "expense" into some important maintenance part for the station. I then close the message and exit from my email.
"Hmm it seems there will be a high demand for resources soon, It would be a shame if pirates suddenly attacked"
I grin to myself on my well thought out plan. I then open up a new communications window with full encryption
"So Pyrrith how is that shipment of "Spare parts" coming along?"
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:48 pm

Professor Fenway wrote:
OOC: Largest metal mine and refinery yes, but theres no shipyards in the system. That was located in the nearby Mu Leonis system. Most of the refined spaceship materials were sent there. Otherwise accepted.

OOC: K. Changed shipyard to ship collection. Is that acceptable?

'Esh leaned back in his heavily padded executive's chair and finished his brandy. He had taken a liking to the human beverage since coming to Leonis, his physician warned him that it could damage some of his organs and that the substance was rather addictive, but 'Esh didn't care. Especially now that he was getting heat from the governing body of the system for illegal manufacturing and distribution of weapons. The only reason he wasn't locked away in a prison ship is because he traded with authorities. The trading used to be hushed and the old government turned a blind eye, but now that the new governor is in office, 'Esh's company was getting more pressure.

He removed himself from the chair and set the empty glass on his huge, solid hardwood desk, then went to the wall-sized window behind the chair. Looking down onto the station's anchor, a titanium-iridium asteroid, he called his second-in-command to his office. The human's name was Tetra, she had her name legally changed to her old callsign when she left the merc band to share in 'Esh's success. She had been more of an asset than he had ever thought possible.

"Tetra, I have to go to the Jungle. To take care of our... legal matters. I trust you can handle the mines until I get back."

"Of course, sir. Not like don't do most of the work around here anyway."

"Bah! Just do your job, ensign."

'Esh slugged the human in her mechanical shoulder with a laugh and exited the room. He had ordered a shuttle ready with his belongings and the "paperwork" required to "convince" the governor to drop the infractions filed against his company.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Fenway sat at his desk, filing important documents when Laina rang him.

"Sir, the mining output documents you requested are ready," Laina said. "They should be on the holoscreen now."

Fenway grinned. "Thanks Laina," he said, and accessed the documents.

Weekly Mining Report

Pylons 1-10
500 Metric Tons of Hydrogen in tanks.
8000 Metric Tons of Hydrogen collected. 7400 Metric Tons of Hydrogen Processed. 7500 Metric Tons available.

Pylon 5 experienced total shutdown on Solar Day 522. Lost Potential Equal to 500 Metric Tons.

Pylons 11-20
3000 Metric Tons of Hydrogen in tanks.
6500 Metric Tons of Hydrogen collected. 6000 Metric Tons of Hydrogen Processed. 9000 Metric Tons available.

No incidents to report.

Pylons 21-30
1000 Metric Tons of Hydrogen in tanks.
9000 Metric Tons of Hydrogen collected. 8000 Metric Tons of Hydrogen Processed. 9000 Metric Tons available.

No incidents to report.

Pylons 31-40
1500 Metric Tons of Hydrogen in tanks.
9000 Metric Tons of Hydrogen collected. 4000 Metric Tons of Hydrogen Processed. 5000 Metric Tons available.

Pylon 33 through 36 had major leaks in storage tanks not discovered until Solar Day 510. Lost Potential equal to 5000 Metric Tons.

Pylons 41-50
1000 Metric Tons of Hydrogen in tanks.
4000 Metric Tons of Hydrogen collected. 3500 Metric Tons of Hydrogen Processed. 5000 Metric Tons available.

Pylons 45 through 50 are understaffed. Crew has not shown up for work. Lost Potential equal to 4000 Metric Tons.

/End Hydrogen Report

Fenway finished the report. Unsure, he decided to call Laina. "Laina, it appears that there are some discrepencies on the reports for Pylons 1-11 and 41-50. 400 Tons are unaccounted for on 1-10, and 500 are unaccounted for on 41-50."

Laina looked slightly shocked. "I'll look into the issue immediately. We can't have 900 Metric Tons of Hydrogen randomly disappear."

"I'll talk with Janx about it. He's in command of station 3, with the largest output."

"I'll leave you to that sir. Also, you have a meeting with a representative from [Karth'Esh's Company] in 20 minutes."

"Gah, I forgot about that! I'll have to postpone my speech..."

"I already did that sir."

Fenway blinked at Laina on the holoscreen. "Laina, you're a lifesaver."

"Just doing my job sir." With that, the holoscreen shut off.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:54 am

OOC: Name... Name... Hmm.. Dithar Corp. This meeting might be a good time for the EM storm to hit...

Hell, why not another glass? He'd need it. 'Esh hadn't done much research into the new director until now. The human[?], Fenway, was astronomically different from the last director. He didn't seem like the kind of person that would crack under intimidation, but perhaps they could cut a deal.
'Esh addressed the shuttle's AI and pocketed his holotablet.

"Keri, what's our ETA?"

"Approximately twenty minutes, sir."

He shook his head, clearing away the slight dizziness and set the half-finished drink on the central console. He really should be sober for this meeting. He thought of what he would say to the director, what might make Fenway let Dithar continue. He raked his claws along his scalp in an attempt to relieve his growing headache with no avail.

"Ten minutes, sir."
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:26 am

Room for one more?
Name:Paul Sa'morra(the game of fingers)
Race:Human
Back story:Paul is a fifth generation farmer on the steamy jungle world "Leonis B." He is currently the last member of his family in the system as his brother is off severing in the military for the defense of Earth, and his parents died in an attack by the dangerous creatures of the wild. Paul is a decent shot, and like many other farmers who deal with incursions from the native beast he is capable of fending for himself. Though he is the not the lone operator of his 1,000,000 acre farm, the farmhands are only around for the two month harvest and two months of planting with only minimal visits between that time by delivery ships Paul is largely on his own for the rest of that time. However, Paul has 5 ships(along with his own) crewed by various people to patrol the farm for issues and general maintenance.

Notes:Paul lives in a small mobile ship(40 meters by 22 meters) crewed by him and two other humans to operate across his farm, but there is a large compound in the middle of the farm to act as a hub for supplies and workers. There is also a small outpost every thousand acres with a small two man team to operate it.
Paul's wife recently went missing.(Paul was away in the capital city when she disappeared)
Paul's farm grows the largest percent(18%) of commercial food in the system.
Paul's farm is currently under staffed by 57 outpost operators and 7 ship crewmen (mostly due to recent animal attacks scarring off people.)
I think that is enough of a basis to start. Please, tell me if I need to change anything.(add detail, change back story, etc.)
(I wont change his name)
MASSIVE CHARACTER BIO!
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:19 am

OOC: Theres always room for more! Accepted Arc

BIC:

Fenway was snoozing when Laina range him again.

"Sir, the representative from Dithar Corp is here," she said without looking up from her clipboard.

Fenway rubbed his eyes and checked his watch. "He's late. Send him up," he said.

"Right away. Also, a shipment from Morgan Technologies arrived. It has supplies from Gamma Draconis, enough to last us months."

Fenway sat up. "Excellent. Will they be paying our workers?"

"Very likely."

Fenway contemplated this for a second. "Has Earth come through yet?"

Laina sighed. "I'm afraid that we've had no contact."

Fenway heard someone walking up the corridor. "He's here." He shut off the communicator and stood up to greet his guest.

Why did I get out of bed this morning?
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:53 pm

Is it ok to be the leader of another faction visiting the Lambda Leonis system?
In that case:
Name: Daynel DeReitz
Race: Human
Job: Dictator of the Technotronic Dictatirship
Visiting the Lambda Leonis system because of either political or business reasons, you decide.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:29 pm

The shuttle lights brightened as Keri announced that only one minute of their trip remained. 'Esh snapped awake and gathered his things, cursing the situation in his native language. His headache hadn't subsided during the nap.

"We have arrived at our destination, sir."

"Thank you, Keri."

The shuttle door opened and 'Esh began grinding his jaw as he walked through a docking corridor. He stepped into the reception area and walked to the desk. Then tapped on the reinforced glass with a thumb claw until a clerk revealed itself.

"I have an appointment with the director."

"Name?"

"Karth'Esh."

The human checked his computer and seemed to perk up somewhat.

"Yessir. His office is just behind this, err, through the observation tunnel."

'Esh thanked the human and walked through one of the high arches adjacent to the reception desk, entering a huge transparent tunnel that linked the two halves of the station. He took his time. 'Esh always liked to keep new governors waiting just a little longer.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:45 am

OOC: Where is that damned owl...
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:43 am

Kobialka is a miner. but... he doesnt work for anyone but himself. Rather, he goes out and finds valuable materials in the local asteroid belts, mines 'em, and sells them to the highest bidder. Don't mess with him though. His ship is equipped with a baby civilian gatling gun BUT, he has quite the stash of hand-held weapons, and has been known to use his mining lasers in NASTY ways against other ships. Honestly, he doesnt want blood on his rocks so he wont atack unless you do... He's not stupid though. He'll flee from a battle thats impossible to win. He's also contantly on the run from the police because his mining barge was kinda... stolen from Hellfire.

Race: Human
Home: mining barge
Usually locates: Leonis C Alpha "Wedding Ring" asteroid belt

Has a thing for revenge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:14 am

Professor Fenway wrote:
OOC: Theres always room for more! Accepted Arc

BIC:

Fenway was snoozing when Laina range him again.

"Sir, the representative from Dithar Corp is here," she said without looking up from her clipboard.

Fenway rubbed his eyes and checked his watch. "He's late. Send him up," he said.

"Right away. Also, a shipment from Morgan Technologies arrived. It has supplies from Gamma Draconis, enough to last us months."

Fenway sat up. "Excellent. Will they be paying our workers?"

"Very likely."

Fenway contemplated this for a second. "Has Earth come through yet?"

Laina sighed. "I'm afraid that we've had no contact."

Fenway heard someone walking up the corridor. "He's here." He shut off the communicator and stood up to greet his guest.

Why did I get out of bed this morning?

Fenway, Isee there are no shipyards. So do we have to buy our ships from catsonmeths collection? If an important person (not me) has the materials, could they build there own private shipyard?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 7:06 pm

OOC: The nearby shipyard was in Mu Leonis. A shipyard was being built in Lambda Leonis but was discontinued when 80% complete because of funding issues. Miners get loans, buy a ship in Mu Leonis, then come to Lambda Leonis to mine. You could also buy the ships from local dealers. Kobialka accepted.

Daynel is an important leader from the Technotronic Dictatorship, here to negotiate mining rights on Hellfire. Supposedly the Technotronic Company had laid claim to most of the planet, but the claim was entirely ignored since the Company had claimed it without using it. Now, 20 years later, they want it only for themselves. Accepted

ALSO NOTE, the Ionic Storm has NOT hit the Leo Constellation or nearby systems. Earth and other nearby systems, like Alpha Centauri, are hit, but the Leo Constellation has another week or two.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 7:26 pm

"I can confirm, Council, the system is ripe for conquest"

"You are not the best known informant, Pyrrith. How can you make us beleive you."

"The system has no major defenses, and the ships have no weapons."

"We will confirm this. A scout ship will be sent in a few weeks."

"Councilors! Another empire is attempting to take control! This system deserves priority 3 at the least!"

"Our word is final!"

"I obey. May this system be conquered soon..... For the glory of Cuuyth."

At that, Pyrrith ended the communication link with the Strigiforme Council. He was an informant to them, hired to scout systems for conquest. But, the final words stirred memories, of Cuuyth. He was born on the Strigiforme home world, but his ship didn't have either the engine or the clearance to return home, thusly, his work for the government. Pyrrith poured himself a glass of Strigiforme fleet issued whisky, and raised the glass in a mockery of a human toast

"For the glory of Cuuyth!"
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 9:45 am

I was under the impression, ACH, that travel between systems didn't work. For anyone. Period.

Anyway:

Markus L. Error, Pilot

(former) Terran Federation (or something) fighter pilot, working on LL when the EM storm landed.
Now a transport and dropship pilot, with an affinity for zero-gee environments. Keep his ship's
artificial gravs off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lambda Leonis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lambda Leonis
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Futurecraft Roleplay-
Jump to: