Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Lambda Leonis

Go down 
+10
Fenway
Joel
Last_Jedi_Standing
Julo
Soul of Jack
Tiel+
Commander Error
Caramell
Grand Imperial Thunder
ACH0225
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 9:54 am

It won't. Soon. Communications still work, but only in certain places.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 5:31 pm

OOC: Time to countinue I gues

I close the com link, I then get up and walk over to the large glass windows in my office, Not real glass ofcourse since we are in space. I watch the gas storms flare up over the planet, Quite amazing.
I then walk down to engineering and talk to my lead engineer Jimmy in private.
"You have all the workers in agreeance right?"
"Yes, They are all waiting for the signal"
"Very well and the upgrades?"
"Installed, We disguised them as mining lasers, Receant tetss show they work perfectly"
"Good, I have station 4 and 2 in alliance with us they will also follow once the signal is sent, Prepare for it tomorrow."
"Ok"
With that I head back to my office.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 7:27 pm

OOC: The Ionic Storm has affected the region around the Earth, but not anywhere else yet. The Leo Cluster is 336 Light Years away from Earth. It'll take a few weeks for the storm to arrive. Also, Error accepted, still a fighter pilot.

Fenway was shaken. The meeting with the representative from Dithar Corp was.... frightening, to say the least. It made him want to leave office entirely, but he wouldn't. In the meantime, he would consider his request.

Suddenly, a message came in. He opened it and read it:

Pylons 2 and 4 will be down for maintanence for the next 3 days. Please divert freighter traffic to other Pylons. Pylon 3 is still not accepting freighters except from certified companies.

It was titled with some worker he was not familiar with.

It might just be paranoia, like the fact that he just started having tasters check everything he consumed...

But something didn't seem right. Janx was in command of all of the 1-10 Pylons, and he hasn't seen records of them being brought down for maintanence in the month he's been here. He had also never heard of Pylon 3's restricted freighter acceptance.

He dialed Jaina. "Jaina, I need you to send a team over to Pylon 2 and investigate the supposed maintanence," he said.

Jaina smiled. "You doubt it too? I don't blame you. I'll get on it."

"Thanks." He shut off the communicator.

They had never closed down before.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:14 pm

OOC: Mwahahahahaehehehehehahahaheheheh....
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:34 pm

"Charges set, sir. Ready on your orders." Said the voice that spoke to 'Esh through his membrane implant.

'Esh didn't respond vocally, but tapped a button on his holotablet that sent a recognition signal to the leader of his small strike team. The signal was localized and encrypted to prevent unwanted attention.

His walk came to an end at the end of a hallway, where a heavy door was the only thing that stood between the governor and Dithar's will. 'Esh stood for a time while various scans were conducted, then the door split and the halves swung inward. Fenway sat at his desk, examining a hologram. He motioned for 'Esh to take a seat and the hologram disappeared.

"Hello, 'Esh, I've looked forward to making your acquaintance." He was lying. 'Esh could read it in the lines between the human's eyebrows. Fenway saw 'Esh as an obstacle, something that needed to be overcome and overpowered, a scuff on his carefully polished machine.

'Esh clicked his mandibles. "My company has suffered under your sanctions, Director."

"And?" The shallow lines on Fenway's forehead deepened into a frown.

"I insist you remove them. Immediately."

"Upon what grounds? Do you expect me to ignore your company's blatant disregard of the law?"

"My company is the largest supplier of high-grade shipbuilding materials to Mu Leo. The largest source of income to thi-"

"Enough. I will not turn a blind eye to this. Either cease all production of all weaponry or I will be forced to shut down your company."

"My weaponry is the reason Lambda is free of pira-"

"The reason my system is free of piracy is careful enforcement of law and regulation of traffic."

"And where do you think these enforcers get their tools? Who do you think supplies you with the resources to fund your enforcement?"

Fenway's scowl deepened.

"Either halt all manufacturing or be prepared shut down your company."

'Esh placed his hands on Fenway's desk.

"Don't try to fight me, Governor."

'Esh removed his hands, being careful to scratch the lacquer finish, leaving his mark. With this, 'Esh walked out of the room. When the doors had closed, he contacted the strike team.

"Blow the damn pylon."

A few seconds later, the team detonated the precisely placed charges on Pylon 32. The facility would be only temporarily out of commission, but should serve to scare the director enough. Pirates and bandits are, after all, quite frightening.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:48 pm

OOC: Damn you cats! I was gona be the first pirate! But I had to get off before I could post this Razz

Once back at my office I have some coffee made up, Ah coffee some strange human concoction but it is quite addicting, A message pops up on my screen I open it, After reading the first line I spew out the coffee in my mouth all over the floor, The message says that a govermant class patrolship is requesting to dock it will arrive in 20 minutes, I cant deny it without arrising supision but if I allow it they will most definantly find out what I was putting in the documents was false. I bring up the coms link to engineering
"JIMMY! EMERGENCY NOW!"
"Yes sir!?"
"There is a govermant patrol ship coming in 20 minutes, Most definantly a inspection team, We are moving the date to now! Get the workers ready!"
"Yes sir!"
I watch impatiently as the ship slowly aproachs the station, 10 Minutes within range the ship states its purpose, A goverment inspection team, "Well that was totaly not unexpected" I say to myself, 1 Minute as the ship is pulling into the hanger I tensly prepare the message to send out. Inside, The doors closed and latching bars down. I hit send and pull up the veiwer of 2 and 4 leaders they nod and respectivly press buttons on their panels. I then walk down to the hanger bay where the inspection team and ship crew are being held by the workers, Some armed with plasma cutters and welding torchs others wrenchs or other heavy tools. I then state to the inspection crew "I Janx leader of the newfounded U.O.R hearby place the crew of the HMS Leaper under arrest and commondoor the HMS Leaper".
"You wont get away with thi-" Said one of the crew before a worker hit him in the gut with a wrench.
"I already have" I say as I walk out.
"Jimmy follow"
"Yes?"
"I want that ship outfitted for fighting, Once this gets out all hell will break loose"
"Yes sir"
I then return to my office to wait for the eminant call from the governer
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:58 pm

OOC: You can still be the first pirate, shadow. This destruction is only suppose to look like a pirate's doing. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:07 pm

Cats, pin it on Cat. That is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:14 pm

Tiel wrote:
Cats, pin it on Cat. That is the way to go.
\

OOC: Here you go, Shadow. You can take ALL the credit. Dithar can also supply you with weapons, but that'll have to be very secret.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:51 am

Pylon attacked in terrorist strike

Reporter Maria Hailu

Pylon 32 in the Lambda Leonis was attacked today in what is being described as, "A blatant terrorist attack, designed to undermine the gov't authority," says Fenway, Director of the mining operations in the system. The attack occured today at 22 Hundred Hours Earth time. The pylon suffered extensive damage, likely putting it out of commission for months at a time. About 50 people were killed and another 124 injured from the blast.

"It was most definitely a terrorist attack," says Matt Rimney, head of Civil Protection. "It appears that a ship moored near it and blasted the facility, judging by the scorch marks."

Several organizations, such as the Galactic Globalization Group, have denounced the goverment. "This attack shows the local government's inability to protect against such pirate attacks," writes Harry Henderson, leader of the GGG. "The new policies have reduced security and allowed these attacks to happen."

Director Fenway delivered a public message on the attacks. "The government is working non-stop at the moment to find the perpetrators to this incident and to prevent future incidents. We will be supporting the families of those lost throughout these times."
continued on page 3

In other news...

Riot in capital city Antioch broken up by police after shop broken into.- Pg-5

Harry Henderson on the inability of the government- Pg 7

Fenway viewed as, "weak, insecure, power-hungry" by Miners- Pg 11

And a word from our sponsors...

It's a dangerous world, with pirates, bandits, thieves...

That's why Dithar Corp is here! We sell the latest weaponry
from across the galaxy! For all of your personal protection
needs, dial us at DITHAR-CO-WEAPON.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fenway put down the paper. This was horrible...

He dialed Laina. "I suppose you've heard the news?" she asked when he opened his mouth.

"It's horrible, humiliating, shaming," Fenway said.

"And what will you do about it?"

Fenway thought for a moment. "Bring me contact with the Pi Leonis Director. I'm going to need military support." He looked at the report again. "I also want a full inspection of every single pylon, mining operation, and any new freighters coming into the system." He ripped out the Dithar Corp advertisement. "We're cracking down on the weapons trade."
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:31 am

Paul sighed. He had not heard of any new reports about his missing wife.
Suddenly the radio on his ear crackled to life, "Sir, outpost 17 is no longer responding. We contacted the sectors ship but they are currently refueling at the main hub."
"Roger that Home Stead, What is the nearest available ship?" Paul asked.
"Your ship is, sir," replied the tower operator.
"Alright, Home Stead, we are in route."
Paul left his station near the rear of the ship and moved to tell the pilot of the new destination. As he crossed between the small living quarters and the communications station, he spotted the resident security expert, "TOM! get your lazy a** up." Tom, was a burly wall of a man....
"AHAHAHAAH!" Tom flailed aimless about in the bunk until he spotted the interruption to his fantasies.
"PAUL! I'M... I'LL..."
"Before you finish that remember Three things, okay?"
"WHAT?!?"
"One, I pay you. Two, you owe me one."
"And the third?" Tom asked.
"Well, you don't sound mad anymore come on."
"Where?"
"Oops, almost forgot.."HEY, SHORT-STICK!" Paul yelled to the cockpit.
"FOR THE LAST DAMN TIME! MY NAME ISN'T F()CKING SHORT-STACK!" Short-Stack shouted.
"Yeah, then what is it?" Tom asked, joining in.
"Fine," grumbled the pilot "What did ya' need?"
"Home-Stead can't raise Outpost 17. So, we are going to check it out."
"Yeah, because the xenophobe at Home-Stead thinks that the "cat" can't be trusted by himself," mumbled the pilot.
"Overly suspicious of aliens, or not... I say we go and I own your asses, so everybody lets go!" Paul joyfully proclaimed with a grin.
"Sir, aren't you a little over joyed for someone who lost his wife?" Short-Stack, asked dumbfound.
Paul, still grinning like a drunk fool, "I lost the old battle axe of a wife? OH NO! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME SHE WAS GONE?"
"Sir, are you okay?" Tom asked staring at his leader, and apparently ass owner.
"No, we haven't got the parties together yet!" Paul said hoping about.
"The search parties have already finished their search, sir." Short-Stack remarked.
"WHAT?! Please, tell me that they found a body." Paul begged.
"Uhhh. No sir, sorry sir." Short-Stack said from the pilot seat. "Also, we are about 5 mins. out."
"Damn it, okay lads new plan. We take out an ad "Wife lost Reward-DEAD ONLY-" Paul said coldly.
"Isn't that a bit cold?" Tom asked, walking up and handing Paul a rifle.
"You did meet her right?" Paul questioned.
"Point taken." replied Tom.

---5mins later---
"Sir, I can't see anything on the radar." Short-Stack called.
"What? That can't be we should be there."
"We are here sir but the tower isn't."
"Tom, What do think of this?" Paul asked.
"I think Short-Stack walks out first this time." Tom stated flatly.
"You know that you can't behind someone half your height, right?" Paul asked.
"HEY, I CAN STILL CRASH THIS THING!" Short-Stack yelled from the cockpit.
"From four feet that is only fatal to you shorty!" Tom called.
"Knock it off, you two," Paul said as the craft landed near what used to be the outpost tower.
Short-Stack and Tom approached the ramp with their leader Paul. The low hiss of the ramp dropping sounded as the team grabbed their rifles. "Alright, Tom you take the lead from here." Paul ordered.
"Yes sir. Okay, Short, stay here and guard the ship. Paul, you, and I will sweep the area for anything."
"Good enough for me." Short-Stack replied.

As Paul and Tom approached the remains of the tower two things became apparent. One, cat people are tough as hell, and two Paul needs to reconsider what the threats are out here. Glancing around the remains it appeared a mercenary team had attacked and been slaughtered by a number of Thornius. (Large thick shelled wolfish creatures capable of chewing through steal.) How the cat had made it would be a myster--"HOW THE HELL DOES ONE CAT KILL THIS MANY THORNIUS!" Tom shouted.
The largely silent cat man glanced about "What makes you think I killed any of them?"
"You are sitting in a pile of corpses." Paul said, wanting to hear the tale.
"I just killed the surviving mercs." The cat man said.
"How did you make it and not the tower?" Paul asked.
"I was sleeping in that tree, over there. When they attacked. All the activity must've attracted the local pack." The cat man replied with a shrug.
"Well, ....Wait. What is your name, cat man?" Paul asked.
"I am Ti'loa" said the cat m...Ti'loa.
"Yeah, that's way too hard," Paul said, "I'm going to call you whiskers!"
The cat man woefully glanced about looking for aid, but finding none sighed and gave in."What is with you people and." *PHEW* *PHEW* *PHEW* *PHEW*
"Later Whiskers! That sounds like rifle fire!" Paul yelled. "What do we do, Tom?"
"Get the hell out we have two guns and now four of us!" Tom said.
"Short-Stack get the ship up and runnin' something tells me we gotta move fast." Paul said through the radio, as he Whiskers, and Tom ran back to the ship.
"Already on it." replied the frantic vertically challenged pilot.
A massive gust of air sent the trio sprawling, and left them in a daze. "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!" Paul shouted over the ringing in his ears from his position on the ground.
"High energy explosive." Tom said, as he yanked the farmer from the ground trying to avoid the increasing firer. Whiskers was already up and at the ship frantically waving for the humans to come aboard. The two rushed for the ramp hopping not to be hit by anything. As they reached the edge of the ramp Tom suddenly cried out. Paul turned around to see the large man sprawled out across the base of the ramp.
"Whiskers, help me get him in here!" Paul cried as he frantically tugged on his large friend's arm trying to get him far enough in to close the ramp. Whiskers rushed down, began to pull the large man in by his other arm, and with one massive pull from the both of them they got the large man into the ship. Paul slammed the lift close button, "Short-Stack get us the hell outta here." Paul frantically yelled.
"Welcome to the crew Whiskers." Paul said, as they flew off.
"Still shot," Tom gasped from the floor.
---------------

DIALOG
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:33 am

Error floated around his Skyranger, reading a copy of the paper. He sighed an kicked a control,
opening his R/F link to the ships DRADIS.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 9:12 am

Kobialka was mining away in his ship. It was boring business sometimes but someone had offered a lot of money for a cargo hold worth of peranium which is only found in certain places. Kobialka was a mercenary miner. Probably the only one in existence but hey! It got him the money he needed. It was the cheepest way to get out of the house. Steal a mining ship.

His ship was equiped with an OLD Radar system. He still didnt have enough to buy the new version. What was it called? didnt matter. All of a sudden it started bleeping at him and 3 dots appeared on the screen. Pirates! The first two came up fast. Fighter pilots. His gatling gun was made for them.

clang!clang!clang!clang!

First one down.

clang!clang!clang!clang!

Second one down.

This was easy! The third one was a bit more slow. He slowly turned his ship toward it to get a good view. This ship was big. It was the size of his mining barge which was as long as 10 boeing 747s. But this ship was made for battle. not mining.

Kobialka thought out loud. "TIME TO GO!" He piloted his ship slowly toward another asteroid belt, hoping to lose him.

Computer: "Warp Drive Active."

All of a sudden the ship was hit by a large beam. He heard a large explosion. It didnt last long though, as it happened in space. The doors to the bridge closed and sealed themselves to keep him from suffocating.he

Computer: "Warp Drive Offline."

S**T! He had to think of something fast or he would be turned to shreds. An idea popped into his head. This is insane. "Computer! I need manual control of the mining beams!"

Computer: "Manual Control Of Mining Beams Granted"

A joystick popped up on his control panel. He grabbed it and turned it towards the pirate ship. This was exciting. He pulled trigger...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 9:44 am

Error stared at the DRADIS as he pushed his engines beyond flank speed.

"Central control. This is Skyranger Alpha-Six. Unidentified vessel and a mining barge are engaged at at the following coordinates." He punched them in, and kicked the throttle as far as it would go.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:31 am

The pirate had fired too. A very powerful looking long-range missile was heading towards him at full speed. Luckily, the mining beams tore the missile apart before it hit him. He aimed once more at the enemy ship... The mining beams tore the pirate ship in half! A large explosion came from the back of the pirate ship, indicating he had just put there engines out of business permanently. He pulled the trigger again and again until the enemy ship was no more but dust.

Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:37 am

The Skyranger tore by Kob's mining barge at maximum warp*, firing jets to slow down.

"I'll be damned." Error hit the hail button.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:47 am

Another ship was seen on Kobialkas radar. It zoomedpast quickly at warp speed.

"Who the hell?" It didnt really matter. This was a time to celebrate his glorious victory. However, his cargohold would be full of pieces of that ship and possibly human remains. He'd have to jetison half of his cargo hold. And with the push of a button thats exactly what he did. He walked across the ship to his room, opened up one of his cabinets and poured himself a glass of wine.

Just then, he got a message from the computer that he was being hailed. "Sh**. What now?" Hopefully it wasnt the police. He answered, which he only does occasionally, but hes interested in what this ship whch just witnessed this incredible victory has to say.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:52 am

Error manuvered towards the debris, opening the dropship's ramp. Standing i at the back in a spacesuit,
his copilot fired a grappler at the pirate bodies.

*maximum warp for a sublight dropship.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:54 am

*presses hail button

"Hello?"
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:58 am

"This is Lieutenant Commander Error of the Terran Federation. Please send us your sensor logs of the pirate attack and do not interfere until we have recovered all of the bodies."

Error nudged his thrusters, bringing another pirate's remains aboard.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:03 am

Well sh**. This definitely is the police.

"Why would I do that, exactly?"
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:08 pm

"Becuse a governmental representative asked you to?"

Another body aboard, only two left. The Skyranger rolled and pivoted.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:31 pm

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
"Becuse a governmental representative asked you to?"

Another body aboard, only two left. The Skyranger rolled and pivoted.

"Dont care much for the government... but... I'll send you what you need."
Kobialka copied the information and sent it.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:36 pm

"Thank you."

All of the bodies, retrieved, Error pulled the nose toward LL III, and punched the throttle forwards.

The ship took off towards the planet, leaving an "open for salvage" beacon n the pirate wreck.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:55 pm

"wasnt what I expected." Kobialka turned the shp towards Leonis C and took off. His warp engine was still down so he was going to have to get it repaired. The journey should take about a day without the warp drive online. While he was there he would buy a shield generator and a civilian armour repairer. Apparently the mining beams were excellent weapons. Anyways, that would take up half of his money and he wasnt getting paid for being so late with the cargo hold of peranium.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lambda Leonis
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Futurecraft Roleplay-
Jump to: