Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

How we should do power generation.

Go down 
+17
Shiva
Splash_Fire
tonyri
Pat Best
fr0stbyte124
Laibach
Keon
The Schmetterling
Danice123
xanex21
GroundBurg_Coder13
GLaDOS
Beaner
hyperlite
Misticblade7
ectrimble20
Buggy1997123
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Beaner
Beaner

How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:52 am

Buggy1997123 wrote:
SilentFall wrote:
Wha... wait, they didn't hurt at all?!?!?! Impossible.

Well, for large amounts, we put a ZPM in a quantum reactor! That way we have loads of energy discharged extremely fast. Although it would probably fry the ship if it wasn't dreadnought sized or above.
But a ZPM- its not- it doesn't-have you even seen any of Stargate?

Uhh, no, not a single episode. Well, if ZPMs won't work, maybe you could add something onto it to make it work that way! Hurrah for workarounds.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:08 am

Gotta love noobs.
Back to top Go down
Beaner
Beaner

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:20 am

'S not mah fault Ah don' watch these new-fangled taelevisionary thingies. I might see if I can get one of the movies, though.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:07 am

ZPM's are dumb.

Draw energy from subspace? WTF is subspace? some magical energy factory?

Can we please come up with something that doesn't sound ridiculous?

Ohhh, like this:

Ok, this is called the CPES, or Creeper Powered Energy System.

Basically what you do is build a chamber underground, this will be used to capture creepers. At night, kill all the skeletons and Zombies and spiders, but lure the creepers over to your chamber and have them fall in. Once you have like 500 creepers, you're ready to being the process of setting up a CPES.

What you need to do is build a generator (we have those right?) then run a long line of redstone (or power wire) to the creeper chamber. Then, jump in.

The resulting creeper chain reaction will generate enough energy to power even the largest of space ships for infinity amount of time, it also makes them immortal and activates god mode on the ship. Did I mention I'm the only one who can use this?

Yeah! My idea rules, silly little ZPM's.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:59 am

Subspace: The thingy people say when they don't want to explain complicated future discoveries to idiots.
ex: I got here from a jump through subspace.
2: I didn't know cyberspace could teleport you!
1:*sigh*

Keep a zpm. Or make one called the BOOM (Big Optical fOcusing Machine)
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:11 pm

Keon wrote:
Subspace: The thingy people say when they don't want to explain complicated future discoveries to idiots.

I find your explanation of subspace is be quite insufficient.

Now obviously my idea was a sarcastic response to my anti-copy-the-sci-fi-channel banter that I love to use. I enjoy sci-fi about as much as I enjoy poking myself in the eye. Ironic that I'd want to work on this mod. I do enjoy the idea of a realistic space model and its a driving force behind my ideas for the mod. I'm certain there will be a lot of ideas that get into the mod that I find silly or dumb, I'm not concerned about that but you better believe I will raise a valid argument for things I'm firmly against.

Now, my argument against the ZPM is actually an argument against inter-dimension energy transfer and the ZPM theory in general.

Basically from what I make of the description of said ZPM and the theory of Zero Point Energy is that you are drawing energy from the Zero Point state of matter - the matter's state when it is at absolute zero. Now that's all fine and dandy, that's actually a relevant theory that holds merit as there are plenty of things that should theoretically freeze but wont due to the nature of zero point energy, I'm not trying to teach a physics lesson on energy theory so I'll get strait to the point.

You want me to believe that you are able to draw energy from the zero point of subspace, when subspace is in fact a separate dimension that must be accessed via a worm hole or other means of tearing into subspace without actually entering it. Now you then want me to believe that there is an actual source of matter there that is sufficient to produce any amount of energy from the matters Zero point energy. And to wrap it all up, you then want me to believe that this is cost effective and will produce a near infinite amount of energy?

I find that laughable no matter how you look at it.

Now, we can keep the ZPM, I don't rightly care what we call this or that tbh with you, I'm just saying, the "theory" behind the ZPM, is flawed. (and don't give me crap about it's from Sci-Fi so it's somehow allowed to defy all logic and reason... not to mention laws of physics, good Sci-Fi makes you believe that it's actually possible)
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:50 pm

ectrimble20 wrote:
ZPM's are dumb.

Draw energy from subspace? WTF is subspace? some magical energy factory?

Can we please come up with something that doesn't sound ridiculous?

Ohhh, like this:

Ok, this is called the CPES, or Creeper Powered Energy System.

Basically what you do is build a chamber underground, this will be used to capture creepers. At night, kill all the skeletons and Zombies and spiders, but lure the creepers over to your chamber and have them fall in. Once you have like 500 creepers, you're ready to being the process of setting up a CPES.

What you need to do is build a generator (we have those right?) then run a long line of redstone (or power wire) to the creeper chamber. Then, jump in.

The resulting creeper chain reaction will generate enough energy to power even the largest of space ships for infinity amount of time, it also makes them immortal and activates god mode on the ship. Did I mention I'm the only one who can use this?

Yeah! My idea rules, silly little ZPM's.

Subspace may not make sense, but zpms actually use a real property of quantum physics, Vacuum Energy. Simply put, it means no set area of space will contain less than a (very small) threshold of energy. Ever. A real zpm would be several miles in size, but due to the inverse-square law eventually it would be worthwhile to have such a thing, if you made it large enough. And the fact that, hello, its 100 freakin percent free, clean, AND unlimited energy with no negative consequences!
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:10 pm

ectrimble20 wrote:
Keon wrote:

I find your explanation of subspace is be quite insufficient.

Now obviously my idea was a sarcastic response to my anti-copy-the-sci-fi-channel banter that I love to use. I enjoy sci-fi about as much as I enjoy poking myself in the eye. Ironic that I'd want to work on this mod. I do enjoy the idea of a realistic space model and its a driving force behind my ideas for the mod. I'm certain there will be a lot of ideas that get into the mod that I find silly or dumb, I'm not concerned about that but you better believe I will raise a valid argument for things I'm firmly against.

Now, my argument against the ZPM is actually an argument against inter-dimension energy transfer and the ZPM theory in general.

Basically from what I make of the description of said ZPM and the theory of Zero Point Energy is that you are drawing energy from the Zero Point state of matter - the matter's state when it is at absolute zero. Now that's all fine and dandy, that's actually a relevant theory that holds merit as there are plenty of things that should theoretically freeze but wont due to the nature of zero point energy, I'm not trying to teach a physics lesson on energy theory so I'll get strait to the point.

You want me to believe that you are able to draw energy from the zero point of subspace, when subspace is in fact a separate dimension that must be accessed via a worm hole or other means of tearing into subspace without actually entering it. Now you then want me to believe that there is an actual source of matter there that is sufficient to produce any amount of energy from the matters Zero point energy. And to wrap it all up, you then want me to believe that this is cost effective and will produce a near infinite amount of energy?

I find that laughable no matter how you look at it.

Now, we can keep the ZPM, I don't rightly care what we call this or that tbh with you, I'm just saying, the "theory" behind the ZPM, is flawed. (and don't give me crap about it's from Sci-Fi so it's somehow allowed to defy all logic and reason... not to mention laws of physics, good Sci-Fi makes you believe that it's actually possible)
No one knows what resources and fully what tech the Ancients had, but what makes you think the artificial dimension needs matter in it when it's created? The Ancients made STARGATES. The things capable of producing wormholes across several BILLION lightyears and even through TIME. Considering that to the Ancients, stargate technology is actually old, I don't doubt the Ancients could make a wormhole to another dimension(aka universe). And from what I know of the multi-verse theory, and a lot of the big bang/crunch/whatever/potato theories, it ough to be possible for a universe to be artificialy created and stabilize at a several mile diameter, assuming the starting energy can be precisely controlled.*will be finshed later*
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:29 pm

Did stargate really happen buggy? Is it a historical documentary? or something somebody made up? I'm thinking it's the latter of the two.

The multi-verse theory is full of holes. Stargates are fantasy and most theories Sci-fi stuff uses is based solely on speculation.

Again, I'm not saying that we have to have 100% accurate items, but copying stuff from TV shows, just sounds lazy to me. Besides, my creeper powered propulsion system would be much more fun.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:50 pm

ectrimble20 wrote:
Did stargate really happen buggy? Is it a historical documentary? or something somebody made up? I'm thinking it's the latter of the two.

The multi-verse theory is full of holes. Stargates are fantasy and most theories Sci-fi stuff uses is based solely on speculation.

Again, I'm not saying that we have to have 100% accurate items, but copying stuff from TV shows, just sounds lazy to me. Besides, my creeper powered propulsion system would be much more fun.

WHAT??

ofc stargate is real ITS LEAKED PENTAGON FOOTAGE

why the US government would go to all the trouble to add soundtracks and such idk

BUT ITZ ARE TEH REALZ

yeah it would be Very Happy but it sounds suspiciously like the not so practical gunpowder engine
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:13 pm

Buggy1997123 wrote:
And the fact that, hello, its 100 freakin percent free, clean, AND unlimited energy with no negative consequences!
Yeah, that sounds like a well-balanced game mechanic to me.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:16 pm

I'm gonna read all three pages and see if I can come up with an effective power source that's somewhat feasible.

Brb in 15 mins.

Nevermind all three pages, I read the first post and realized I'm way out of my league. All I can do is throw about some random words that may or may not be coherent and bring new ideas to the table...

...arc reactor from Iron Man?

Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:36 pm

Pat22 wrote:
I'm gonna read all three pages and see if I can come up with an effective power source that's somewhat feasible.

Brb in 15 mins.

Nevermind all three pages, I read the first post and realized I'm way out of my league. All I can do is throw about some random words that may or may not be coherent and bring new ideas to the table...

OMFGGGSGS!!!! I've got it!!! ZPMARCREACTORIRONSTARMANGATE Engines!!!

unlimited clean free energy that fits in your pocket watch and powers laser beams out of your mechanical kittens eyes to bring death and destruction to your enemies!!!! DEATH KITTENS!!! RAR!!!

what were we talking about?
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:37 pm

ectrimble20 wrote:
Pat22 wrote:

Brb in 15 mins.

OMFGGGSGS!!!! I've got it!!! ZPMARCREACTORIRONSTARMANGATE Engines!!!

unlimited clean free energy that fits in your pocket watch and powers laser beams out of your mechanical kittens eyes to bring death and destruction to your enemies!!!! DEATH KITTENS!!! RAR!!!

what were we talking about?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:39 pm

We already have a thread that's inexplicably about kittens, so not that...
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:47 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
We already have a thread that's inexplicably about kittens, so not that...

puppies then? common man! work with me here. Little puppies with laser eyes? Bad dudes would be like "oh look at the cute little puppy! I'm gona pet...." ZAP AGGGGHHHH DEATH!!!
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:50 pm

Sounds like Ectrimble's had enough of people spouting out random fictional super power sources like they grow on trees.

So let's use hydro electricity and reeeaaaaallly long power lines to connect from the water source to the ship.

Or... you know.... wind energy... cause there's gotta be some sort of space radiation that can act like wind in space...

Maybe a hamster running in a wheel?
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:03 pm

I'm with ectrimble, only if its a hampster with laser eyes on a wheel of DEATH
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Or a KITTEN running on a wheel.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:04 pm

A kitten running after a hamster in a wheel.

Double the motivation, double the power!!!
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:05 pm

(Kool Aid Killer jumps through wall) OH YEAH!!!!
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:09 pm

And with that.... This thread has been completely and utterly de-railed. Just like most of the semi-important discussions that go on within this forum.

(Kool Aid Killer gets blasted to bits by the laser kitten) MEEEOOOOOWWWWW!!!!
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:10 pm

DERAILMENT FOR THE WIN! AND I'M ALMOST ALWAYS ONE OF THE DERAILERS!

mod edit: We can fix that...
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:12 pm

you and ectremble unfortunatly
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:13 pm

I sorry. I no get snack time today.

(Goes and sits in time-out corner.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How we should do power generation.   How we should do power generation. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How we should do power generation.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next