Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want

Go down 
+22
Dux Tell31
Groot
fr0stbyte124
Formedoubly
hyperlite
Red Fang
Buggy1997123
Danice123
ACH0225
xanex21
Commander Error
LOZZO1000
hiloser12221
Last_Jedi_Standing
GLaDOS
Laibach
Keon
Tiel+
herobrine
blockman42
TinkerPox
Pat Best
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Quote :
Sorry. I though I did say that. If I didn't, my mistake. That would explain much of our argument.

My new argument:

For all his power, that to crush entire planets at will, Darth Sidius was eventually killed by a hole.
True. But he reincarnated afterwards, which is when he messed up Mon Calamari. He reincarnated a couple of times between 4 ABY and 11 ABY.

He can probably only use a Force Storm every once in a while. It requires a lot of energy, as you can probably imagine.

Indeed but wait what?

He reincarnated after getting thrown down a death hole by vader?

A death hole which then exploded along with the death star, I might add.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:42 pm

TheLordofError wrote:
We Are Too Off Topic!
We are? This is what the last ~10 pages of this thread are about. At what point does the OP become off topic?
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:43 pm

When the title of the original post changes.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:43 pm

TheLordofError wrote:
We Are Too Off Topic!

You don't make the rules in this thread!

I have political mod immunity!
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Quote :
Sorry. I though I did say that. If I didn't, my mistake. That would explain much of our argument.

My new argument:

For all his power, that to crush entire planets at will, Darth Sidius was eventually killed by a hole.
True. But he reincarnated afterwards, which is when he messed up Mon Calamari. He reincarnated a couple of times between 4 ABY and 11 ABY.

He can probably only use a Force Storm every once in a while. It requires a lot of energy, as you can probably imagine.

Indeed but wait what?

Yeah. Turns out he planned ahead and had some clone bodies ready to reincarnate into. They degrade pretty fast, though, so he had to keep switching. Luke eventually put a stop to it.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Quote :

My new argument:

Indeed but wait what?

Yeah. Turns out he planned ahead and had some clone bodies ready to reincarnate into. They degrade pretty fast, though, so he had to keep switching. Luke eventually put a stop to it.

So aside from getting mindf*cked and wiping out the Jedi, Anakin / Darth Vader didn't really DO anything? So much for being the chosen one.s

Wait no he didnt even wipe out the Jedi, he only murdered the little children jedi then got owned, then got owned again later, then threw an old man down a hole but the old man was waiting for it and reincarnated.

Last edited by Pat Best on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:46 pm

TheLordofError wrote:
When the title of the original post changes.

Done.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:50 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Quote :

My new argument:

Indeed but wait what?

So aside from getting mindf*cked and wiping out the Jedi, Anakin / Darth Vader didn't really DO anything? So much for being the chosen one.
By the time Palpatine came back, Thrawn was dead and the New Republic was too well established for him to defeat. If he had survived the Death Star, the Empire would have won.

Plus, Anakin was necessary to produce Luke, who did lots of saving-the-galaxy type things.

Nice title. Says it all, really.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Quote :

My new argument:

Indeed but wait what?

So aside from getting mindf*cked and wiping out the Jedi, Anakin / Darth Vader didn't really DO anything? So much for being the chosen one.
By the time Palpatine came back, Thrawn was dead and the New Republic was too well established for him to defeat. If he had survived the Death Star, the Empire would have won.

Plus, Anakin was necessary to produce Luke, who did lots of saving-the-galaxy type things.

Hrm.

How exactly did the empire lose?

Last I checked they had the rebels outnumbered and outgunned.

I'm guessing with the downfall of the Death Star and Palpatine, more systems joined the rebel cause to overthrow the Empire?

I mean, discorvering the "government" has built a massive weapon to destroy entire, innocent planets, is sure to cause massive opposition in the entire population of the empire.

Thanks for the title, I chose it wisely.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:01 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Quote :

My new argument:

Indeed but wait what?

Hrm.

I'm guessing with the downfall of the Death Star and Palpatine, more systems joined the rebel cause to overthrow the Empire?

Palpatine was followed by a string of incompetent people. Ysanne Isard was the only one who knew what she was doing until Thrawn showed up, by which point she was already dead and Coruscant was in Rebel hands. Thrawn came very close to defeating them, but one of his bodyguards stabbed him during the Battle of Bilbringi. His second-in-command, Pellaeon, was good, but not good enough to beat the Republic. The Empire was never fully defeated because they sued for peace after a few years, and created their own government with Pellaeon and the remaining Moffs ruling. This lasted until after the Yuuzhan Vong war (in which the Imperial Remnant and the New Republic collaborated against the Vong). It got reorganized after the Second Galactic Civil War, and became the Fel Empire. After about a hundred years, they attacked the Galactic Alliance but were betrayed by Darth Krayt. It all sort collapsed at that point.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Quote :

My new argument:

Indeed but wait what?

Hrm.

Palpatine was followed by a string of incompetent people. Ysanne Isard was the only one who knew what she was doing until Thrawn showed up, by which point she was already dead and Coruscant was in Rebel hands. Thrawn came very close to defeating them, but one of his bodyguards stabbed him during the Battle of Bilbringi. His second-in-command, Pellaeon, was good, but not good enough to beat the Republic. The Empire was never fully defeated because they sued for peace after a few years, and created their own government with Pellaeon and the remaining Moffs ruling. This lasted until after the Yuuzhan Vong war (in which the Imperial Remnant and the New Republic collaborated against the Vong). It got reorganized after the Second Galactic Civil War, and became the Fel Empire. After about a hundred years, they attacked the Galactic Alliance but were betrayed by Darth Krayt. It all sort collapsed at that point.

Yes, well, "get force strangled to death" makes for great recruitment advertisement.

Also, mandatory "For all the power of the Dark side, Palpatine seemed to have rather poor judgement when choosing his apprentices and associates" comment.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Quote :

My new argument:

Indeed but wait what?

Hrm.

Yes, well, "get force strangled to death" makes for great recruitment advertisement.
I don't think anyone in that paragraph was Force-choked. Who (whom?) do you mean?

Last edited by Last_Jedi_Standing on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Just pretty much everyone else in the Imperial military. Fleet commanders, generals, pilots, stormtroopers, etc...
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:09 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Just pretty much everyone else in the Imperial military. Fleet commanders, generals, pilots, stormtroopers, etc...
Oh. Darth Vader was the only one who habitually strangled his underlings. Darth Caedus/Jacen Solo did it once, too, and he was nominally on the side of the Galactic Alliance. That was what lead to Cha Niathal and most of the military turning against him and lead to his eventual death.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:13 pm

Well I must say that Force Storm beats anything any single Protoss can do in terms of widespread destruction. Overall the Protoss can lay waste to planets with their ships, as I've said before, but that's not one single Protoss with his own power.

However, the limited usage of such a thing probably give me an advantage...somewhere...somehow.

Also, I'm sure that, while he can't summon such a thing ( or not that I know of, if he summoned a Psionic storm, it would be quite devastating ), I do think Ulrezaj could stand up to a Force Storm rather easily.
But he doesn't really count as Protoss, nor a single Protoss actually.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Well I must say that Force Storm beats anything any single Protoss can do in terms of widespread destruction. Overall the Protoss can lay waste to planets with their ships, as I've said before, but that's not one single Protoss with his own power.

However, the limited usage of such a thing probably give me an advantage...somewhere...somehow.

Also, I'm sure that, while he can't summon such a thing ( or not that I know of, if he summoned a Psionic storm, it would be quite devastating ), I do think Ulrezaj could stand up to a Force Storm rather easily.
But he doesn't really count as Protoss, nor a single Protoss actually.
Force Storm was only a Dark Side power, and one that only very powerful Sith could use effectively. I think I need to take what victories I can get, though.
Darth Sidious wrote:
With this knowledge, I can unleash the dark side energies that swirl invisibly around us, even to shatter the fabric of space itself. In this way, I have created storms.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:23 pm

You got two so far:

The first being the Death Star's weapon, which has superior firepower to anything the Protoss have. However it has its one drawback: Using it against ships guarantees total destruction but using it against planets is detrimental to everyone as the resources within that planet are lost forever in the vastness of space. Resources, we're talking about construction materials, knowledge, people, manpower, tax income, land used for building things, etc...
The Protoss' purifier beam, on the other hand, while packing less firepower, assures just as much destruction to the inhabitants and infrastructures of a planet but instead of losing all resources on it, the melting and cooling process of the planet's crust creates abundant new resources for construction.

And then the Force storm, but still limited in use.

Oh wait, it's Star Wars vs Zerg now.

Both those go to shit, then. Zerg numbers and spread rate make either of them almost useless, sadly.

I don't like the zerg Sad
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:29 pm

But hey I've been analysing the races in Sins of a Solar Empire and they pretty much own anything we spoke of so far.

The ships' weapons, defenses, size exceed most of what's been said.
The upcoming Titan Ships guarantee size supremacy since they are intended to match even super star destroyers. ( Mentioned on the Sins website, they were intended to be about the same size )

All of the race's production speed for fleets ( especially the TEC ) mean they can field larger fleets faster than anyone. I mean, they've built enough ships to keep a constant war going for Decades without any one side showing signs of losing.

They don't have Death Stars, but they each have their own anti-planetary weapons. The Novalith cannon could easily outmatch the Death Star thanks to it's tremendous range. The Deliverance Engine and whatever the Vasari have also have great effect.

The Advent's telepathic and telekinetic abilities exceed what even the Protoss can do.

I would have loved to bring the Helghast into the argument but sadly their ships just don't have what it takes to go up against any of the other factions'. Their ground forces are a force to be reconned with, especially the MAWLR.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:25 am

Pat Best wrote:
But hey I've been analysing the races in Sins of a Solar Empire and they pretty much own anything we spoke of so far.

The upcoming Titan Ships guarantee size supremacy since they are intended to match even super star destroyers. ( Mentioned on the Sins website, they were intended to be about the same size )

All of the race's production speed for fleets ( especially the TEC ) mean they can field larger fleets faster than anyone. I mean, they've built enough ships to keep a constant war going for Decades without any one side showing signs of losing.

They don't have Death Stars, but they each have their own anti-planetary weapons. The Novalith cannon could easily outmatch the Death Star thanks to it's tremendous range. The Deliverance Engine and whatever the Vasari have also have great effect.

The Advent's telepathic and telekinetic abilities exceed what even the Protoss can do.

I would have loved to bring the Helghast into the argument but sadly their ships just don't have what it takes to go up against any of the other factions'. Their ground forces are a force to be reconned with, especially the MAWLR.

Fine, zerg now?

I chose you, Leviathan.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:23 am

Keon wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Fine, zerg now?

I chose you, Leviathan.

Oh right I had forgotten about that.... thing...?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:46 am

Yeah, it's actually bigger than a protoss purifier mothership. And there were multiple. It has all things necessary for the zerg to live and evolve. It is almost as if it is a worldship.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:53 am

the zerg and Cthulhu seem really.. close, to me

then again I know almost nothign about either
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:09 pm

Pat Best wrote:

Kostoru cannon. But that's equivalent to the Death Star V2's laser; it can only target ships. And the Vasari are far more mobile than the Zerg or Protoss with their Phase Space Stabilizers, and the Marauders Recall ability is more powerful than the Arbiter's.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Tiel wrote:
Pat Best wrote:

Kostoru cannon. But that's equivalent to the Death Star V2's laser; it can only target ships. And the Vasari are far more mobile than the Zerg or Protoss with their Phase Space Stabilizers, and the Marauders Recall ability is more powerful than the Arbiter's.

Yup, I do believe the races of Sins outmatch those of Star Craft and Star Wars alike.
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Question

Why is "The thread where i dicuss whatever i want with whomever i want " in Ship design Area?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want   The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The thread where I discuss whatever I want with whoever I want
Page 10 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next