Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

A tech system of sorts

Go down 
+10
Tiel+
Commander Kobialka
superninjakiwi
Last_Jedi_Standing
Laserbilly
Ivan2006
ACH0225
Burnttoaster
Danice123
wraith
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Why not make a tier that can only be gotten out of rare red asteroids and these crash sites. You could call it " Ancient Owl tech", and you could also fix up the ships, but they would be rather weak, probably from all the duct tape...
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:22 am

Okay lets say the technology inside is not completely destroyed, but they would be damage, and you wouldn't have the knowledge to fix them,
and if you try to reverser engineer something that's broken, I don't think your going to get something that works.I kind of like the idea of finding intact ancient alien tech but
not for a the final tire maybe for a branch of the tree, and maybe you have to find more then one crash site,
cause the ship will be wreak in some places, but in the other site it might be fixed in those places and wreak in the others so you can use them both to make the tech.
So what the point of technological advancement if were all scavengers, even if you find this intact final tier stuff this stuff would far to advance to reverse engineer it.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:14 am

So, you've got this research block. Or maybe it's a research team. Whatever. Anyway, you throw money, metal, and fuel into the block and eventually it gives you the ability to create new stuff. Or, you could steal someone else's new stuff and put it in the machine, in which case it would analyze it and tell you how to make/use it.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:40 am

Correct.
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:42 pm

We already agreed that there will NOT be a system of pumping shitloads of diamonds into a machine to level up. I also think there should be several branches. (This is an example) The Alien Branch may contain a sheild depleter, missile launcher, and a cloaking device. While the (Other name here) May contain phasers, shields, and missiles. (The example ends here) I think each branch should contain DIFFERENT items and they all should NOT be the same, but may sometimes have the same items.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:42 pm

what if that's what i want?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:04 am

Khmac wrote:
We already agreed that there will NOT be a system of pumping shitloads of diamonds into a machine to level up. I also think there should be several branches. (This is an example) The Alien Branch may contain a sheild depleter, missile launcher, and a cloaking device. While the (Other name here) May contain phasers, shields, and missiles. (The example ends here) I think each branch should contain DIFFERENT items and they all should NOT be the same, but may sometimes have the same items.

Forcing specialization like this works well on a small scale, but no one wants to be stuck on the one tech path because they chose it at the beginning.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 3:25 pm

And how about you having to put stuff into the level-up machine that you have just researched last time you levelled?
And how about the possibility to start another research branche after you hit a certain level?
And how about not-researched crafting recipies beeing blocked until you researched it to prevent people from googleing anything because they would have to research it anyway?
Wait a minute... I JUST SOLVED ALL PROBLEMS THAT EVER APPEARD IN THIS IDEA.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:19 pm

nope. you didn't solve the fact that i used to be newby.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:52 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
nope. you didn't solve the fact that i used to be newby.
I doubt that will matter for the development of the mod.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:11 pm

touche
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:16 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
touche
Guten Tag.
Ich spreche diese Sprache nicht.
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:31 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Khmac wrote:

Forcing specialization like this works well on a small scale, but no one wants to be stuck on the one tech path because they chose it at the beginning.
Really? I thought we weren't gonna do that. I thought you could use ALL of the tech paths, but you gotta level up.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:45 pm

No leveling up. Its stupid to need to work, when you could just make a ship that looks like large, harvestable space junk, then steal the other persons sip while they are stealing your supplies. I plan to do that on the surface, also.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:56 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
No leveling up. Its stupid to need to work, when you could just make a ship that looks like large, harvestable space junk, then steal the other persons sip while they are stealing your supplies. I plan to do that on the surface, also.
YOU ARE OUT UMBERED BY MY ROBOT ARMY. STOP POPING MY DREAM OF A RESEARCH LAB.
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 2:22 am

Ivan2006 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

Please define the word, 'POPING'
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 4:35 pm

Khmac wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

Please define the word, 'POPING'

1st: With "poping", I mean
A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Balloo10

2nd: I restarted this thread because I am still interested in an official statement by a dev.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:33 pm

There will be some amount of leveling up, but that's only a piece of it, and it won't be through killing stuff like the enchantment system.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 8:10 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
There will be some amount of leveling up, but that's only a piece of it, and it won't be through killing stuff like the enchantment system.

You know I had an idea where you level up by doing stuff in the mod like gathering resources, destroying ship, or capturing planets, ect, and all this exp would be gain by everyone in the server, and pooled into the overall server level, and when the sever gets enough exp, it would gain a level, and when it gains a level it would get a research point, and the higher the server level the more research points they would get,(lets say once they get to level 5 they get 2 research point and at 10, 3 and so on), this would be because the tech trees would branch off more in the higher tiers, and it would take to long to fill the trees up with only getting one point per level at higher levels. The admin would go to a menu that only he would be able to go to and put the points into different tech trees. Also the sever would have to be at a certain level to access higher tiers, so that a server doesn't pool all there points into a single tree, and get to the final tier, but still be a low level, unless developers want to do that, but its up to them.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 8:57 pm

Again with this server mentality. It doesn't mean anything when you can travel from server to server and are expected to do so. Having organizations is one thing, but it won't be the same dynamic it is in vanilla minecraft.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:05 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Again with this server mentality. It doesn't mean anything when you can travel from server to server and are expected to do so. Having organizations is one thing, but it won't be the same dynamic it is in vanilla minecraft.

I agree with fr0st, a server could easily be fractured into several groups, and then what if one group captures a planet, but the admin is in another group? They might not get the research towards what they need.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:51 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

I agree with fr0st, a server could easily be fractured into several groups, and then what if one group captures a planet, but the admin is in another group? They might not get the research towards what they need.

Server like that would be doomed to fail with the consent inter server fighting, and the spilt on resources they would become weak, and easy prey for more united servers.
Besides that maybe a option that the admin has to group the players so the exp they get goes to there group.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

Server like that would be doomed to fail with the consent inter server fighting, and the spilt on resources they would become weak, and easy prey for more united servers.
Besides that maybe a option that the admin has to group the players so the exp they get goes to there group.

The point is, people can't always be grouped into servers, as many people will just grab a ship and traverse the stars as nomads.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:20 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

The point is, people can't always be grouped into servers, as many people will just grab a ship and traverse the stars as nomads.

The grouping thing can still be applied to it, by if the admin what's a united server he make one big group and the exp is pooled, and if some one wants to be a nomad, then they won't be in the group, and there exp will go to them selfs
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

But what if the admin is never there... Happens a lot too.

The grouping thing can still be applied to it, by if the admin what's a united server he make one big group and the exp is pooled, and if some one wants to be a nomad, then they won't be in the group, and there exp will go to them selfs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A tech system of sorts
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next