Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

A tech system of sorts

Go down 
+10
Tiel+
Commander Kobialka
superninjakiwi
Last_Jedi_Standing
Laserbilly
Ivan2006
ACH0225
Burnttoaster
Danice123
wraith
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

A tech system of sorts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:00 am

So you do understand that a single server is at most one planet, right? And that if you leave that planet and go into space or to another planet, that is a different server? And that systems will likely be set up in such a way that interplanetary trade is the norm? You don't see people in world of warcraft banding together under server 3E-8725 from Datacenter F out of Central California. You join guilds and travel from place to place as a group. Servers don't mean anything and admins won't be dungeon masters in this system. I don't know how else to say it.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:09 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
So you do understand that a single server is at most one planet, right? And that if you leave that planet and go into space or to another planet, that is a different server? And that systems will likely be set up in such a way that interplanetary trade is the norm? You don't see people in world of warcraft banding together under server 3E-8725 from Datacenter F out of Central California. You join guilds and travel from place to place as a group. Servers don't mean anything and admins won't be dungeon masters in this system. I don't know how else to say it.

Just to chime in randomly...

I agree with frost. Just because a vanilla server has all of those admin commands doesn't mean that our server would. A futurecraft server will probably have one command, 'stop'. Thats it. We could probably use 'say' also, but whatever. People who settle on a planet will do so because they like that planet, not because they like the server.

This brings in the whole other issue of logging in to servers, but since we are already having interserver transport, it wouldn't be to hard to just log in to the main server and that server would point your client to the server that your character was on when you left. Or a limbo if that server is down.
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:12 pm

my reply for ACH0225

If admin doesn't even want to play the game I don't know why they even made the server, but if that is so, the admin could just give the leadership to some one else.

my reply to fr0stbyte124

So there server is just going to be a planet, it would make more sense if it was a solar system, or server system because if it was a lone planet then how are you
going to stop more experience servers from attacking it, when it new considering if it's a planet it would be in a solar system, and other planet would be in that solar system to. So there's nothing stopping them for attack your planet. If it was a server system there could be a warp gate that would spawn there when the server is made, and you would have to activate it to get out of the sever system to go to another server system, but doing so, other people from other servers could go to your server system, so that sever would have time to prepare defences and build a armada before it faces the galaxy.

On another note, since when is this going to be World or Warcraft,
and if its going to be like that you still got to give the option for a sever to be its own group.

my reply to Danice123

It would be better if the commands were

ban-I don't really have it explain that one and you can ban people from other servers and a leader of a group can ban people in there group

make group-to make a group so that exp is pooled and the admin can make people leaders of that group

add to group-so that if a new person doesn't want to be a nomad the admin or the leader of a group can add that person to the group

Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:47 pm

Banning is going to be handled by some main Futurecraft group, not servers, last I checked.

An admin could make a server for his friends and not lay, or could be busy.

There is likely going to be a system where a new planet is protected for a little while, so it can be a planet.

If a person is spawned on a server, he can leave if he wants. he wont have to log out, he just jumps in his frigate and flies away.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 2:24 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Banning is going to be handled by some main Futurecraft group, not servers, last I checked.

There is likely going to be a system where a new planet is protected for a little while, so it can be a planet.

If a person is spawned on a server, he can leave if he wants. he wont have to log out, he just jumps in his frigate and flies away.

I guess I get what your saying

I still think that if your in a group/fraction/guild that the exp should be pool and the leader can put the research points into a tech tree

oh ya and there's probably going be a tons of 2 to 5 man fraction unless there's a minimum requirement to make a fraction
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:22 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:

oh ya and there's probably going be a tons of 2 to 5 man fraction unless there's a minimum requirement to make a fraction

So 2/5?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

I still think that if your in a group/fraction/guild that the exp should be pool and the leader can put the research points into a tech tree

But the server, though it might be very united, will near always disagree on what to research. The commander of the stealth ship would want improved stealth stuff, and the dreadnought captain would want bigger guns, and so on and so on...
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 9:12 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

But the server, though it might be very united, will near always disagree on what to research. The commander of the stealth ship would want improved stealth stuff, and the dreadnought captain would want bigger guns, and so on and so on...

well I guess that will show real leadership and the leader would have to say" I don't care I'm in command and this is what were going to do and if you don't like it you have no place in this empire" or something like that
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

well I guess that will show real leadership and the leader would have to say" I don't care I'm in command and this is what were going to do and if you don't like it you have no place in this empire" or something like that

But that would cause the disagreeing parties to relocate to a server with their goals in mind, leading to extreme specialization, like entire planets devoted to stealth.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:54 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

But that would cause the disagreeing parties to relocate to a server with their goals in mind, leading to extreme specialization, like entire planets devoted to stealth.
Or it would cause one of the underlings to shoot the leader in the face and do the research himself.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:33 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

Not every one can be little spoiled brats when it come to that stuff you can't always get the new stuff some areas might need it more
and they would get there stuff eventually, and a hell of a lot more faster then if the exp was individualize
,and those specialization fraction would ultimately fail, cause to be effective you need balance, ya you may have big guns but it doesn't mean shit if I can destroy your ship in seconds cause you have no shields
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A tech system of sorts   A tech system of sorts - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A tech system of sorts
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3