Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Project "Black Moon"

Go down 
+12
The Schmetterling
Last_Jedi_Standing
TacticalSheep5
Keon
superninjakiwi
Laserbilly
Commander Kobialka
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
Son of Wolves
ACH0225
blockman42
Iv121
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Should we use advantureCraft ?
Yes it would be cool to have special blocks, scripts, better mob spanners etc.
Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Vote_lcap22%Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
No the mod will not be popular there and it's more challenging without it.
Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Vote_lcap30%Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 7 ]
I have no idea what it is and I should probably go to the link below
Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Vote_lcap9%Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
SPACE COOKIEZ !
Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Vote_lcap39%Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 39% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:38 am

Martin Luther King, Jr. wrote:
You can defeat into the camp either by either blowing up the front gate, storming in and killing everyone, planting TNT everywhere and blowing the whole thing sky-high, or you can sneak in through a secret tunnel, covertly run through the camp, and plant charges at tactful locations (the fuel tanks and ammo storage).

Oh no TNT please, not for now. Leave an open path and we will see what we'll do next. Don't forget the statue in the middle of the camp. It will have empty area around it and entrenchments around it, A place for the player to defend. It should be open , uncovered from above so we can add ghasts into the mix. The statue will have a small space below it that the player will protect.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:45 am

Iv121 wrote:
You can defeat into the camp either by either blowing up the front gate, storming in and killing everyone, planting TNT everywhere and blowing the whole thing sky-high, or you can sneak in through a secret tunnel, covertly run through the camp, and plant charges at tactful locations (the fuel tanks and ammo storage).

Oh no TNT please, not for now. Leave an open path and we will see what we'll do next. Don't forget the statue in the middle of the camp. It will have empty area around it and entrenchments around it, A place for the player to defend. It should be open , uncovered from above so we can add ghasts into the mix. The statue will have a small space below it that the player will protect.

Wait... I though the objective was to destroy the camp.

I may want to do something about the 10,00 TNT bed the camp is sitting on....

Okay. I will have the buildings, with crates stacked between them, and the statue in the center, all to provide cover. Most of the buildings will have sniper spots on the top of them. Should I make the camp impossible to take if you are discovered, so you have to sneak?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:45 am

Also, there are a lot of UTF defenses around the park entrance. Is this a good thing?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:24 am

Ok as log as you didn't overuse them ... I trust your judgment
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:55 am

Right. I read through the description on page one. As such, I will now describe the park/base as how it is/will be:

-You enter the park through the front gate (I'm not doing any of the area outside the park, that is up to the rest of you)
-Around the front gate and the path leading to base, there is a lot of defenses: machine gun posts (if possible), as well as barbed-wire and a trench full of cacti (which look like tree stumps), and barbed wire.
-The camp occupies a good 50% of the park, being right in the center. Around the base is a trench, full of water and barbed wire. (Not like a moat)
-Unless we are allowed to place and destroy blocks, there is no entrance through the front gate. Instead, you will have to go to the left of the camp, where there is a derelict shed. The shed has a secret entrance to a tunnel, which leads to the lab in the camp.
-From the lab, you will need to climb onto the roof, where you will take out the snipers there.
-You will go along the lab roof and onto the prison roof. From there, you will jump onto the large fuel tanks next to the landing pad. During this time, or later (which would be harder), you will have to take out the other sniper positions at the lab, the prison, the storage shed, the fuel tank on the other side, the gatehouse, and the officers' quarters.
-Once the snipers are gone, or before, you will climb down the water tank and onto the ground.
-There will be somewhere between 20-30 foot soldiers around the base, as well as a ship (ghast). You will need to hold them of and/or evade them long enough to plant a charge at the base of the two fuel tanks, and the bomb storage. Throughout the camp, there will be good defense spots, where you can take out troops with ease.
-We need a way to increase the TNT fuse time.
-You will then have to unlock the front gate and run out.
-If the ship (ghast) ignites the TNT, you're dead, or you have to get out quickly.
-Then, the entire camp with its 10,000 TNT will explode!
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:20 am

wow wow wait no lab in there ... did you read about the park before you started ? It's a normal park with a lot of open area in the middle that the UTF decided to use as a support base for their assault gunships - mean wooden barracks, landing platforms and entrenchments. The lab is located in a building that has nothing to do with the park.
Most of the park is still a park or the player will have nothing to do in this stage. The way to the base should be 5 mins long if you run through means twice the time with zombies and stuff. As ppl asked how long is that – the player passes one block per tick and there are 20 ticks in a sec (That’s ofc if the wiki says the truth), means 6000 blocks. Im not sure about that though so you better measure length in secs.
No TNT yet, and surely no 10000 TNT. Besides killing performance it won't do anything useful. I didn't read all you wrote about the labs for the reason I said above , but I saw there some ambitious stuff (snipers etc. ). Just to let you know that unless we'll use advanturecraft (actually even then) the UTF forces are simple skeletons ...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:23 am

Iv121 wrote:
wow wow wait no lab in there ... did you read about the park before you started ? It's a normal park with a lot of open area in the middle that the UTF decided to use as a support base for their assault gunships - mean wooden barracks, landing platforms and entrenchments. The lab is located in a building that has nothing to do with the park.
Most of the park is still a park or the player will have nothing to do in this stage. The way to the base should be 5 mins long if you run through means twice the time with zombies and stuff. As ppl asked how long is that – the player passes one block per tick and there are 20 ticks in a sec (That’s ofc if the wiki says the truth), means 6000 blocks. Im not sure about that though so you better measure length in secs.
No TNT yet, and surely no 10000 TNT. Besides killing performance it won't do anything useful. I didn't read all you wrote about the labs for the reason I said above , but I saw there some ambitious stuff (snipers etc. ). Just to let you know that unless we'll use advanturecraft (actually even then) the UTF forces are simple skeletons ...
What? Oh no, not the big lab. Just a 10x10 building where the UTF keeps testifticates for... medical... purposes.

We can use skeletons as snipers, they don't need to be good. I was thinking using zombie pigmen for foot-soldiers, they will all attack at once if you hit one of them!

No park is that big. I'll do it my way, give you the map so you can play through it and tell me if you think it needs to be worked on. 6km is just... ridiculous. That's twice the length of my city-ship. And that was so big, it my dreadnought could fit happily between two of the piers! I'd say a few hundred meters at most.

Anyway, how can we blow the base without TNT? I'll remove the 10,000, but the ones in the tanks and storage stay.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:50 am

Here are some pictures:

Spoiler:
overview of the camp.

Spoiler:
The lab and jail block.

Spoiler:
The landing pad with fuel tanks.

Spoiler:
Quarters, a smaller landing pad, and the officers' quarters.

Spoiler:
The storage facility.

Spoiler:
The shed in relation to the camp.

Spoiler:
The entrance to the camp. Soldiers will be behind the crates, we may want to use a long-range TNT cannon to blow them up (because we can) (From a building near the park)

Spoiler:
More defenses along the path.

Spoiler:
The trench around the camp.

Spoiler:
Inside the lab (don't worry, the other interiors are less... weird)

Please tell me specifically what needs changing, so that I can. WITHIN reason. I don't want to have to rebuild the entire camp, or large sections of it. Also, the park is nowhere near completion, it will have trees and rocks. And flowers, fountains, an old cafe, etc.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:13 am

6km is not ridiculous at all. I'm already at the 4 mins mark I think (which is like 4.8 km ).
If you want to see how much is it 4 mins here you go:

Spoiler:

As you see it's not a lot at all. Just made the player to zigzag a bit between those houses. Just when you add zigzags do it in reasonable proportions ... Yes it will take you some time , but not years . You can't expect to build it all in one day.

Stuff looks alright. Just the landing platform looks more like a prison with those walls. Make it a bit bigger, without those walls and add more of them. Can't see the statue where the defence will be...
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Iv121 wrote:
A block a tick? No way. That's really fast. Really really fast. The wiki says that normal walking speed is about 4 blocks/second, and sprinting is about 5. That seems much more reasonable to me.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:54 pm

maybe. I told you to count in secs anyway . I'm sure you can figure out on your own how long 5 mins are .
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:17 pm

Iv121 wrote:
6km is not ridiculous at all. I'm already at the 4 mins mark I think (which is like 4.8 km ).
If you want to see how much is it 4 mins here you go:

Spoiler:

As you see it's not a lot at all. Just made the player to zigzag a bit between those houses. Just when you add zigzags do it in reasonable proportions ... Yes it will take you some time , but not years . You can't expect to build it all in one day.

Stuff looks alright. Just the landing platform looks more like a prison with those walls. Make it a bit bigger, without those walls and add more of them. Can't see the statue where the defence will be...

Kind of plain, all I see is a bunch of completely white houses with no roof.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:20 pm

Couse you look at it from above. Lemmy show you it from inside :

Spoiler:

Yes this part is quite flat, as should be, but surely not linear. If I try to draw the player's path on that screen I showed above it will be such a mess you won't get anything from it. Besides I didn't add the fun part yet - the comm building . Will add there much more Z element, hopefully enough for the player to hate Z axis for the rest of this map Razz .

BTW how's going blockman ?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Right, so the map is mostly a linear path! In that case, assuming no troops, you could probably get from the entrance to the detonation spot in about a minute. I'll make the path more convoluted in that case. But it is hard to control direction in a open path, I may need to put in hedges...
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:25 am

Right, so the map is mostly a linear path! In that case, assuming no troops, you could probably get from the entrance to the detonation spot in about a minute. I'll make the path more convoluted in that case. But it is hard to control direction in a open path, I may need to put in hedges...

Many bushes that create open "rooms" with trees , small buildings and stuff. the area is grassy (The fact the grass in my area is dead doesn't mean yours should... what's the point in a park then ?) and open. The path itself is linear but still try to make it look like a park from above. you'll find that making it look real that way is much easier.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 4:30 am

Okay, I timed it. If you sprint from the entrance to the shed, then through the base to all the locations, it takes 1:50.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 5:08 am

Use normal running no need to sprint. should add some nice aditional seconds to that count.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:20 am

Okay, using clever barricading and tree planting techniques, I will make the main path go around the perimeter of the park, doing a full circuit before you find the shed.

Unfortunately, I can't go stick up random walls everywhere, so it is still possible to cut across the path and go straight to the shed, but the way through is covered in viscous defences (American spelling... sigh.) . This will hopefully mean that first time players decide to follow the nice friendly path through the trees.

I redid the entrance, you now walk in and turn right to go down a path, which leads you through a "forest", then up through various undeveloped park-y things.

Have a picture of the forest (note that in this picture it isn't complete. I added in a small fountain, a "secret" weapons cache, clever defences making cutting across the stream useless, and probably some other things...

Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 20120605205835
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 8:32 am

An earlier day-time picture:

Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 20120605202755
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:03 pm

Any response? I put too much effort into this to let it die.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 12:10 am

It's ok. Move on.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:40 am

Iv121 wrote:
It's ok. Move on.

What, my park, or the fact the the thread is dying?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:51 am

If it dies there is a reason for it. If ppl are not interested in it I can't force them into it. Bumping the thread won't change that .
I was talking about your park actually. Thought you waited for approval which I give ...
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 12:05 pm

I'm working on an intro (though think you've got owhich is basically your failed attempt to escape the city. Crashed vehicle, I'll use a maglev train for now.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:07 pm

don't no need. The city is under siege for over a year ...
If you wish to help I still have the lab interior uncovered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project "Black Moon"
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next