Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Mackeroth's construction log

Go down 
+32
Laserbilly
Groot
Tell
blockman42
Delta
torrentialAberration
Eliuser12
Julo
Talon
Captain stufuzzycat
Ivan2006
Grand Imperial Thunder
Avenger_7
superninjakiwi
Commander Kobialka
Tau
kennysmith1234
Hierarch Fenway
ACH0225
Tiel+
Last_Jedi_Standing
Laibach
Dux Tell31
Beaner
Iv121
Keon
Pat Best
hyperlite
Commander Error
Cool3303
GLaDOS
The Schmetterling
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 11:59 am

If you want creepy, make it organic and not as clean-cut. I'd add a huge weapon on the front and maybe add some sort of "infected" look.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:01 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
Okay. I got bored and start thinking about all things sweet and happy. Not really. I made this instead:

Spoiler:

It looks good! What is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
Okay. I got bored and start thinking about all things sweet and happy. Not really. I made this instead:

Spoiler:

It looks good! What is it?

Maybe a corvette.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:28 pm

blockman42 wrote:
If you want creepy, make it organic and not as clean-cut. I'd add a huge weapon on the front and maybe add some sort of "infected" look.

That's exactly what I did with the old Banhammer. I took a clone of the ship and, using a brush on MCedit, painted organic vine-like structures over the hull. It looked pretty cool, too.

Anyway: thanks for all the praise guys. It really was just a study too see whether the design would be cool for a larger ship or not. I'll make another ship in a similar style that is twice the size. Those small ships always end up with funny multi-coloured interiors.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:24 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
blockman42 wrote:

That's exactly what I did with the old Banhammer. I took a clone of the ship and, using a brush on MCedit, painted organic vine-like structures over the hull. It looked pretty cool, too.

Anyway: thanks for all the praise guys. It really was just a study too see whether the design would be cool for a larger ship or not. I'll make another ship in a similar style that is twice the size. Those small ships always end up with funny multi-coloured interiors.

Or you could slowly add on to a core, like add 1 new section of the banhammer per night and after 2 months you have a super detailed 1 km ship
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 2:45 am

blockman42 wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
blockman42 wrote:

Or you could slowly add on to a core, like add 1 new section of the banhammer per night and after 2 months you have a super detailed 1 km ship

It's a good idea, but if I build the interior first it will end up looking like a present-day space-station.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 8:38 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
blockman42 wrote:

It's a good idea, but if I build the interior first it will end up looking like a present-day space-station.

Not if you thing about the exterior look already while you build the interior.
But i´d recommend this more for industrial-looking ships.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 8:42 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
blockman42 wrote:

You could make the interior and exterior at the same time.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:13 am

I completed a 2x version of my previous ship!

Because I can't be bothered to go through the whole posting and organizing process again, please visit this link:

Ki-Kuka Class Cruiser

It includes pictures and a download.

Feel free to give a diamond/favourite while you're at it. Post comments either here or there, I don't mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 5:21 am

The Schmetterling wrote:

Because I can't be bothered to go through the whole posting and organizing process again, please visit this link:

Ki-Kuka Class Cruiser

Feel free to give a diamond/favourite while you're at it. Post comments either here or there, I don't mind.

Great ship, I gave a diamond, so is this the design for the banhammer because we really need to build it.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:28 am

WOW man so much detail Shocked .
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:30 am

The Schmetterling wrote:

Ki-Kuka Class Cruiser

Unfortunately, I am not on planetminecraft, so I cant give a diamond, but it truly looks awesome (and by awesome I mean even more awesome than the small version)
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 12:14 pm

Diamonds for j00!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 1:57 am

Yay!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:09 am

Have a teaser of my latest ship:

Spoiler:

Notice that is is an extreme WIP, it is liable to change dramatically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:06 am

The Schmetterling wrote:

Spoiler:

WOW looks kind of like a warhammer ship at the prow.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:17 am

The Schmetterling wrote:

Spoiler:

Did mack have a baby with Warhammer?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 12:51 pm

Yea seems like a warhammer ship ... they are not that bad but better performed in steam bunk and not cyber punk.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Needs some round, I think.

But other than that the detailing is exquisite, as can be expected.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Yea seems like a warhammer ship ... they are not that bad but better performed in steam bunk and not cyber punk.

It is steam punk... I don't see how it looks like cyber punk at all...
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:43 am

The bows of 40k ship of that design are solid chunks of Adamantium. Read: nearly indestructible.

I like the cruiser, but I want to see how the new one turns out before I critique it.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 1:04 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

It is steam punk... I don't see how it looks like cyber punk at all...

Currently it's neither, but flying a steam bunk ship in a cyber punk universe will look weird and out of place ....
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 2:28 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
The bows of 40k ship of that design are solid chunks of Adamantium. Read: nearly indestructible.

I like the cruiser, but I want to see how the new one turns out before I critique it.

The Warhammer type ship is a shuttle (well, ferry).
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:03 am

Okay, I've been trying to do too many big projects all at once, and have bee getting nowhere. That is why I'm making a build-pack: a collection of small ships and useful parts that people can download and use. Here's my first item; a weapons array. I'm planning o adding several to the Banhammer. Also, it actually fires in Vanilla Minecraft! (With limited explosions):

Spoiler:

It has three firing modes: continuous (where it fires a constant stream of bullets at a rate of about 10 a second); rapid (about 2 a second); and single (at however fast you pull the lever). The redstone lamps should pulse as you fire a shot, however it doesn't work on continuous, and only partially on rapid.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:07 am

W8 it's not a giant drill ? It looks like one ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mackeroth's construction log
Page 11 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next