Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Elmeerkat's construction

Go down 
+3
Burnttoaster
GLaDOS
elmeerkat
7 posters
AuthorMessage
elmeerkat

Elmeerkat's construction Empty
PostSubject: Elmeerkat's construction   Elmeerkat's construction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Here is my first ship. not sure what class, but i think it falls under 500 blocks so probably a dropship. it has 2 bomb bays that drop 10 bombs simultaneously each. i may add some more things but it is pretty full of redstone already

an overview of the ship from the front
Spoiler:

an overview from the back
Spoiler:

the engines
Spoiler:

an overview from under it (note that there are no holes)
Spoiler:

a view of the cockpit
Spoiler:

the lever for the main laser
Spoiler:

a view of the main laser
Spoiler:

the forward bomb bay
Spoiler:

the forward bomb bay while firing
Spoiler:

the back bomb bay (not much difference from the front)
Spoiler:

The engines from the inside. i wasn't sure what to put here so i just put some random water
Spoiler:

an open door from the inside
Spoiler:

here's the schematic

C&C appreciated!
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Elmeerkat's construction   Elmeerkat's construction Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Uhh... I don't think bricks are what you call "airtight".
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Elmeerkat's construction   Elmeerkat's construction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:09 am

I don't think a drop ship would have a bomb bay or a main Lazar there usually meant for ship to planet landing
Back to top Go down
elmeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Elmeerkat's construction   Elmeerkat's construction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:41 am

daman200 wrote:

do you think stone slabs would be more appropriate? i need half blocks of some type.

Burnttoaster wrote:
I don't think a drop ship would have a bomb bay or a main Lazar there usually meant for ship to planet landing

i was just saying dropship because that is the only block size that it fits (>500). in reality it is more of a planet side bomber
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Elmeerkat's construction   Elmeerkat's construction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:13 am

elmeerkat wrote:

daman200 wrote:

do you think stone slabs would be more appropriate? i need half blocks of some type.
This quote thing got messed up I don't know how to fix it

Stone isn't really what's used in space if u need a half block I as improves this is why I think we need something like the saws in the redpower mod so we can add detail to our ships

Mod Edit: Fixed quote
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: Elmeerkat's construction   Elmeerkat's construction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:37 am

The blocks and what not to be used for ship construction aren't even made yet. There will be specific blocks for this sort of deal. Iron is too expensive ingot to block wise to be practical for a space ship, so we're working on making alloy's that will be able to produce larger quantities of blocks per ingots.

**Doc, correct me if I'm wrong about that idea but that's what I thought we'd reached as our plan of attack**
Back to top Go down
elmeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Elmeerkat's construction   Elmeerkat's construction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:08 am

ectrimble20 wrote:
The blocks and what not to be used for ship construction aren't even made yet. There will be specific blocks for this sort of deal. Iron is too expensive ingot to block wise to be practical for a space ship, so we're working on making alloy's that will be able to produce larger quantities of blocks per ingots.

**Doc, correct me if I'm wrong about that idea but that's what I thought we'd reached as our plan of attack**

cool, thats what i thought would happen. but will you be adding half blocks that can be placed on the bottom of blocks and the sides of blocks? i feel like it would make the design of spaceships much more fun (especially for small ones)
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Elmeerkat's construction   Elmeerkat's construction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:17 am

ectrimble20 wrote:

Spot on. The primary alloy is called Trinium, made from 8 iron, 1 Naquadah, making 3 blocks.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Elmeerkat's construction   Elmeerkat's construction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:54 am

Nadaqua? Okay... And you did say you wouldn't mine it all yourself, so okay.
And does that mean we can't make wool on the spaceships, even just as decoration?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Elmeerkat's construction   Elmeerkat's construction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Keon wrote:
Nadaqua? Okay... And you did say you wouldn't mine it all yourself, so okay.
And does that mean we can't make wool on the spaceships, even just as decoration?

Please tell me where I even hinted otherwise, so I can delete the post that it was on, along with the entire topic, and ban everyone who looked at it.

FOR THE LAST TIME:

NO WOOL ON SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Dr. Mackeroth on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Misticblade7

PostSubject: Re: Elmeerkat's construction   Elmeerkat's construction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Nicely done!

How does your bomb bay work, though?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Elmeerkat's construction   Elmeerkat's construction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:01 pm

Misticblade7 wrote:
Nicely done!

Do you know the cannon block of SDK's gun mod? Similar to that: You place it as a block, put the bomb(s) inside of it, then give it both power and a signal (either from a computer though data wire, or through a button with Redstone) for it to drop. Obviously, don't use them in space.
Back to top Go down
elmeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Elmeerkat's construction   Elmeerkat's construction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Misticblade7 wrote:
Nicely done!

if you were talking about mine, it pulls up the iron blocks on the underside of the ship, pushes tnt into the spot that they were at. a line of redstone wire that is always on ignites the tnt, while the iron blocks on the sticky pistons push them out of the ship, closing it off again.

My friends and i have been experimenting with explosive delivery systems. two really cool ones have been the cluster bomb which drops a ring of tnt along with some more tnt that was ignited earlier. the tnt in the center of the ring explodes earlier, blowing the other tnt across the area. depending on one repeater you can change the radius of the explosions.
another system does something similar but fires it in one direction (like a cannon dropping out the bottom of the ship).
Back to top Go down
Misticblade7

PostSubject: Re: Elmeerkat's construction   Elmeerkat's construction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:16 pm

elmeerkat wrote:
Misticblade7 wrote:
Nicely done!

if you were talking about mine, it pulls up the iron blocks on the underside of the ship, pushes tnt into the spot that they were at. a line of redstone wire that is always on ignites the tnt, while the iron blocks on the sticky pistons push them out of the ship, closing it off again.

My friends and i have been experimenting with explosive delivery systems. two really cool ones have been the cluster bomb which drops a ring of tnt along with some more tnt that was ignited earlier. the tnt in the center of the ring explodes earlier, blowing the other tnt across the area. depending on one repeater you can change the radius of the explosions.
another system does something similar but fires it in one direction (like a cannon dropping out the bottom of the ship).

I'll need to resume my experimentation with explosive delivery systems, perhaps cannons as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elmeerkat's construction   Elmeerkat's construction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elmeerkat's construction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Ship Design Area-
Jump to: