Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Ship Construction

Go down 
+4
Buggy1997123
GLaDOS
Commander Error
crookster100
8 posters
AuthorMessage
crookster100

Ship Construction Empty
PostSubject: Ship Construction   Ship Construction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:08 pm

Okay, I saw this on the Minecraft forms and I just have to ask, how customizable are the ships going to be? Because I would really like a fleet of old republic hammer head cruisers. Razz
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Ship Construction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction   Ship Construction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:36 pm

The current though it they're built (like a building) and then are turned into a spaceship by the spaceship Core block.

Basically, it's only requirement is to hold air.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

Ship Construction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction   Ship Construction Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:52 pm

Ya know air isn't TOO important. See? I'll hold my breath. 1,2,3,4,5,6.7..8...9.....10... ARGHH NO AIR *dies*
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

Ship Construction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction   Ship Construction Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:31 pm

daman200 wrote:
Ya know air isn't TOO important. See? I'll hold my breath. 1,2,3,4,5,6.7..8...9.....10... ARGHH NO AIR *dies*
Yknow, thats something i never really got(and its in real life, not movies or anything), someone inhales a (relativily) non toxic, but 'not oxygen' gas that prevents air from getting to the lungs, and boom, as soon as they arn't getting air at all, that someone, according to apparently everyone, is instantly DEAD. No chance of revival, instantly every cellular function just freezes the second someone can't get enough air because, oh idk, they were stupid and tried dusting, or they inhaled helium while trying to sound funny, or there was a gas leak. For whatever reason, the second someone isn't getting oxygen through their lungs because some other gas filled it, their dead. Forget the possibliy of cpr, or just getting the gas the %#$^ out of the guy's lungs(aka, breathing), or the cellular processes that can keep going for days after death, or the fact that the bloodstream holds sufficent oxygen to prevent braindeath for a few minutes. Nope, none of that. Dead. Instantly.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

Ship Construction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction   Ship Construction Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Buggy1997123 wrote:
daman200 wrote:
Yknow, thats something i never really got(and its in real life, not movies or anything), someone inhales a (relativily) non toxic, but 'not oxygen' gas that prevents air from getting to the lungs, and boom, as soon as they arn't getting air at all, that someone, according to apparently everyone, is instantly DEAD. No chance of revival, instantly every cellular function just freezes the second someone can't get enough air because, oh idk, they were stupid and tried dusting, or they inhaled helium while trying to sound funny, or there was a gas leak. For whatever reason, the second someone isn't getting oxygen through their lungs because some other gas filled it, their dead. Forget the possibliy of cpr, or just getting the gas the %#$^ out of the guy's lungs(aka, breathing), or the cellular processes that can keep going for days after death, or the fact that the bloodstream holds sufficent oxygen to prevent braindeath for a few minutes. Nope, none of that. Dead. Instantly.

These are know as INSTA-OXY-KILLS!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Ship Construction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction   Ship Construction Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Buggy1997123 wrote:

That's just people panicking when somebody drops to the floor and is not breathing. In those situations, not many people really think "quick, everybody get out of the way! This person needs CPR!"
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

Ship Construction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction   Ship Construction Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:17 pm

Oh. So when I saw that dying guy yesterday it wasn't a good idea to scream "HE MIGHT BE A ZOMBEH!!!" And shoot him through the face.

Darn.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Ship Construction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction   Ship Construction Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:34 am

For ship construction, would it be possible to construct a frigate inside another ship, like a dreadnought, and then launch it from the hanger, where it was made? Or would the ship-ception ship just become a part oof the dreadnought?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Ship Construction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction   Ship Construction Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:26 am

A ship would have to specialize as a carrier class, and then either multiclass for fighter-construction or you buy parts from a manufacturer and then assemble them yourself on the flight deck, is how it's (probably) going to work.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Ship Construction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction   Ship Construction Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:12 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
A ship would have to specialize as a carrier class, and then either multiclass for fighter-construction or you buy parts from a manufacturer and then assemble them yourself on the flight deck, is how it's (probably) going to work.

Sort of right. Some sort of specialization as a carrier is
probably necessary, but any ship should have the ability to carry smaller
ships. I have a lot of ideas spinning around my head for how it should work:
what parts are modules, what specialization would allow you to do, etc.

Currently though (not in the future, probably), ships can dock. This means that
when a larger ship's docking blocks (like pistons) connect with a smaller
ship's docking blocks, the larger shp controls the smaller. This works for
ships of any sizes.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Ship Construction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction   Ship Construction Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:04 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:

ships.

Carry, sure, but to launch and retrieve ships in presumably battle conditions would naturally require dedicated facilities, not to mention everything needed for repairs. Putting hangars inside a ship seems like a pretty major investment.

How about this: we make hangars availiable early on in the large ship class tree, and then you can spec for fighter deployment after that to unlock stuff like launch tubes and rapid recovery.

Also yeah, external docking should definitely be standard issue.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Ship Construction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction   Ship Construction Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:25 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:

ships.

Carry, sure, but to launch and retrieve ships in presumably battle conditions would naturally require dedicated facilities, not to mention everything needed for repairs. Putting hangars inside a ship seems like a pretty major investment.

How about this: we make hangars availiable early on in the large ship class tree, and then you can spec for fighter deployment after that to unlock stuff like launch tubes and rapid recovery.

Also yeah, external docking should definitely be standard issue.

Yeah, I agree. Currently I am thinking that for each of the
(new) class of ship, there will be three distinct sub-classes: light, medium,
and heavy. The ships have no direct size limit, but rather are limited by the
types of engine and power generators their class and sub-class can support. Again, ideas are flying
around, so many great ideas are lost when a new one comes forward. I am really
only saying this so I can keep track of my ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ship Construction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Construction   Ship Construction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ship Construction
Page 1 of 1