Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

TheLordofError's Construction Log

Go down 
+6
The Schmetterling
Stormhunter117
Misticblade7
Danice123
Shiva
Commander Error
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

TheLordofError's Construction Log Empty
PostSubject: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:05 am

New:
Odyssey-class Cruiser.

Spoiler:

Internal Views:

Spoiler:

I may improve it to a Mk.II. Unsure ATM.

Last edited by TheLordofError on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Pictures?
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Pics   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:24 pm

As soon as I find a method of uploading, sure.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:43 am

Pictures were deleted by someone D:

Aurora: "Alligator head" forward section (baby Battlestar) housing the CIC and Flag Bridge;

narrower roughly rectangular section behind, housing crew quarters;

larger rectangular aft section, housing engines and FTL drive;

two "wings" either side of the center section, used as missile hardpoints.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 12:21 pm

try Dropbox
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Misticblade7

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:13 pm

I find that imgur is reliable for pictures.
Back to top Go down
Stormhunter117

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:22 am

TheLordofError wrote:

Lusankya class Destroyer. A mid size ship (60L, 40W, 20H) with spots for up to 20 light weapon mounts and 2 spots for heavier gunnery.

wut
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:55 am

Stormhunter117 wrote:
TheLordofError wrote:

mid size ship (60L, 40W, 20H)

wut

To me, a large ship is something like 300 blocks long. Probably more.
Back to top Go down
Stormhunter117

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:04 am

According to wikipedia, the Lusankya was a SSD exactly 19 kilometers in length
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:13 am

Stormhunter117 wrote:

Erm....I'm not building a ship 19,000 blocks in length.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 4:43 pm

And don't try to. It would crash your computer.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Stormhunter117 wrote:

It says 8km but then people changed it and then it was 19km.

to quote:

Quote :
Originally described in A Guide to the Star Wars Universe in 1984 as being eight kilometers long, Executor-class ships more recently are described as being 19 kilometers long.

Anyway, there's no way anyone will have a ship that large, even to attempt to build a 1km ship as some people have stated they plan to do will be cost ineffective. You will be able to build a ship, it will sit there for ever until you can cram enough power generators into it to be able to power all the engines you'll need just to get the damn thing to move, let alone being able to defend itself.

I've stated this a billion times, practical ships will be in the 100 block length range, a 100Lx20wx20h (40k volume) ship is large enough to accomplish most tasks which still having enough room for sub systems, storage and what not.

I can't foresee needing large ships then that except for Carrier and invasion applications.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Exactly. While most servers would have a few assault ships, they would rarely be used, except in war situations. I foresee a battle cruiser sized ship as being the ship that most servers use.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Exactly. While most servers would have a few assault ships, they would rarely be used, except in war situations. I foresee a battle cruiser sized ship as being the ship that most servers use.

Me to. I'm sure people will build very large ships, but it won't be a single persons vessel, it would be a community effort and it would be best used in a defensive or offensive action in time of war. To build a massive unpractically large ship to tool around in makes no sense what so ever.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:56 am

ectrimble20 wrote:

Me to. I'm sure people will build very large ships, but it won't be a single persons vessel, it would be a community effort and it would be best used in a defensive or offensive action in time of war. To build a massive unpractically large ship to tool around in makes no sense what so ever.

As a question.Will there be any method (I-G) to tell if that guy in the superdread is on your side or not? IFF for people as well as ships?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:57 am

Well, in vanilla, people use skins, so you could just paint all your ships with an emblem. But I agree that we need to have a way of telling.
Back to top Go down
Misticblade7

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:31 pm

For ships, I think that a "radio-like" system of signal would be a good idea. There could be ten million different frequencies, and allies could decide on a single one that they'd like to use. I realize that it's possible (though unlikely) for an enemy to find this frequency and use it to get past you, or for a sneak attack. That's what makes warfare fun and dynamic.

While I'm at it, a CCTV-like system would be great for allowing communication between two areas. You can see who's there, and anyone within so much distance from the screen would be able to hear and respond to what those on the other end are saying. A similar version of phones (without video-chat) would also be great, but that's getting off topic.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 pm

CCTV is complicated and prone to errors. The easier alternative would be to have you full-screen camera feeds if you wanted to do that.
But maybe some day I work it out.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Aurora class Scout Ship Mk. I

TheLordofError's Construction Log 20120121204600

More pics when I update it to Mk. II.
Back to top Go down
Beaner
Beaner

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:13 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
CCTV is complicated and prone to errors. The easier alternative would be to have you full-screen camera feeds if you wanted to do that.

Not sure if it'll help, but there is a CCTV mod out. Just saw it on the forums, too.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:56 pm

Aurora Mark III is complete. Ièm having keyboard errors, upload when I can.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:44 pm

SilentFall wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

Not sure if it'll help, but there is a CCTV mod out. Just saw it on the forums, too.
That's what I was referring to. It's got some issues.
Back to top Go down
Beaner
Beaner

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 8:23 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
SilentFall wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:

That's what I was referring to. It's got some issues.

Ahh, okay. Thought so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TheLordofError's Construction Log   TheLordofError's Construction Log Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TheLordofError's Construction Log
Page 1 of 1