Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Mackeroth's construction log

Go down 
+32
Laserbilly
Groot
Tell
blockman42
Delta
torrentialAberration
Eliuser12
Julo
Talon
Captain stufuzzycat
Ivan2006
Grand Imperial Thunder
Avenger_7
superninjakiwi
Commander Kobialka
Tau
kennysmith1234
Hierarch Fenway
ACH0225
Tiel+
Last_Jedi_Standing
Laibach
Dux Tell31
Beaner
Iv121
Keon
Pat Best
hyperlite
Commander Error
Cool3303
GLaDOS
The Schmetterling
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:45 pm

Eliuser12 wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
The funny thing is, my Dreadnought looks like a giant sword...

It's funny, how things turn out, isn't it?

I know your dreadnought's weakness then. Superior shielding.

How? My dreadnought has very good shielding, I fail to see how that is a weakness.

I use the Dark-Matter texture pack. It's a good pack, but I don't like the glass, and there are many blocks missing.

Talon, good try: keep guessing. The funny windows are the force-fields on the hangar. I have no idea why I put a hangar in the ship: it cut's it in half so I can't access the tail (which is half the length of the ship) at all!

Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
Eliuser12 wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
The funny thing is, my Dreadnought looks like a giant sword...

It's funny, how things turn out, isn't it?

I know your dreadnought's weakness then. Superior shielding.

How? My dreadnought has very good shielding, I fail to see how that is a weakness.

I use the Dark-Matter texture pack. It's a good pack, but I don't like the glass, and there are many blocks missing.

Talon, good try: keep guessing. The funny windows are the force-fields on the hangar. I have no idea why I put a hangar in the ship: it cut's it in half so I can't access the tail (which is half the length of the ship) at all!

You don't get it. How do you beat a sword-shaped dreadnought? Superior SHIELDing.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:22 pm

You obviously build a large spaceship that is a pen, because the pen is mightier than the sword.

If fr0st wrote this someone would make it a sig.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:29 pm

hyperlite wrote:
You obviously build a large spaceship that is a pen, because the pen is mightier than the sword.

If fr0st wrote this someone would make it a sig.

now someone has to make a quill-shaped dreadnought.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:44 am

Well, that went well. Anyway...

The fact that my dreadnought looked like a sword was purely coincidental.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 6:28 am

Okay, I have forgotten about my cruiser, and am instead building a carrier to "reckon" with the "Reckoning". My first attempt turned out horrible, the front was nice, but I couldn't figure out how to make a back that worked with it. So I started again, this time I am abandoning my usual sleek style for whatever works as needed. I built a power hub, several large power cords, and a long cannon holding section that will be repeated six times on the ship.

Here is a picture of one of its 12 ion cannons:

Spoiler:

And one of its (undecided) number of pulse emitters:

Spoiler:

You know, I find the thing I enjoy building the most in all of Minecraft are turrets. I have no idea why, I just do. I built a whole yard of about 10 of them, big and small, on Danice's old server...
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:39 am

Those are some big ass guns you're building there, what are you huntin'? Also I must say, that is a really nice looking texture pact you have there!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 10:14 am

Mackeroth? wrote:
Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 20120712165127

Yeah, I have no f**king idea what's going on here. Start over again.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Those are some big ass guns you're building there, what are you huntin'? Also I must say, that is a really nice looking texture pact you have there!

I'm going to ignore Tiel's post, as I don't understand what he doesn't understand.

Yes, the Derutios (however you spell it) texture pack is pretty cool for making evil looking ships. I still can't decide whether it should be a carrier, or a dreadnought. Either way, those guns are designed for hunting anything and everything. They can punch a hole straight through the hull of your Reckoning. It's just nice to know I have a viable defense against a ship that powerful.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:16 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:

They can punch a hole straight through the hull of your Reckoning.

Nuh uh! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:25 pm

Ion cannon=plasma cannon, but it looks like that is about the size of a corvette. So a pretty formidable weapon.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:

They can punch a hole straight through the hull of your Reckoning.

Nuh uh! Evil or Very Mad

I'll build a working version later and test it...

Also, I have now built a large section of the actual hull. I may post some pictures later, once I've added detailing.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:12 am

Right. I finished off the front section of the ship, and it looks quite good. However, I have no idea how to do the back section. I started building a middle bit and it looked horrible. Just can't get it right. Here are some pictures of the front section:

Now, here's where I need you, as the ship-building community, to help me. I have here the download for the front of the ship, and I need one of you to finish it. This ship will probably become the Banhammer, judged on how big it is becoming. That means it has to be over 1km long, a truly massive ship. If you take up the challenge of finishing it, I will let you do whatever you want to the back section, and also allow you to change the front (in the schematic) with my permission. You don't have to do any detailing if you don't want to. Also note that I have built it in the Duretos (however you spell it) texture pack, and should be completed accordingly.

If you do decide to take up the challenge, I will build a 32 block high statue of your avatar in the main foyer of the ship, and any palace/ building I build thereafter.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:24 am

Wait! I actually forgot to post the pictures and link, so here they are:

Spoiler:

And here's the link for the schematic (just of the front section, until the large turrets.)

Schematic

I have tested the link, it should work.

While I am waiting for someone to take up the mantle of the Banhammer, I think I will set about lethalising the Reckoning...

Edit: I letahlised. Not particularly fun, and quite pointless.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:07 am

Is that the front of the ship of the back? It looks big, geometric, and heavily armed!
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:10 am

I wanna see you adding ditails to this big shape with engines Razz . There is actually no need as it looks simplistic , clean, yet well.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Maybe some pictures of the ship in daylight might be nice...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Iv121 wrote:
I wanna see you adding ditails to this big shape with engines Razz . There is actually no need as it looks simplistic , clean, yet well.

My ship is the one with the big guns. The one next to it is the Reckoning.

As I said a number of times, that is the front.

So can anyone help me?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:44 am

Seeing as no-one wants to help me, I went ahead and tried to fix the ship. It is looking good so far, I will start the engines tomorrow.

Here are some pictures (starting at the front of the ship and going toward the current back):

Spoiler:
And two other images for no reason:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:46 am

I still have a lot of fixing up to do. I need to remove some of the guns that point towards the ship, fix up errors like a giant paint-stripe going through the guns, then fix up several large holes and then add a whole lot more detailing to the current sections.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 9:16 am

...And you say that's detailed?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:
...And you say that's detailed?

Yes, considering how BIG it is.

Really, you can't grasp the scale until you go inside it. It took me over a minute to fly from one end to the other.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:05 pm

So this is the shape with engines ? The legth defeated mighty mac Razz .
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:15 pm

Progress has been made, I have started the interior (forgetting the back engines for now):

I realised that no-one has put any thought into how turrets actually rotate, So then I had this great idea for a giant electromagnet that would turn the turret! I simply stuck a cylinder on the inner side of the turret, and then a larger one around it! However, this makes the turret's interior inaccessible except via maintenance.

From the outside:
Spoiler:

And the inside:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Actually I can help you, I just finished making my new ship the mantis that I will show later today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mackeroth's construction log
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next