Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Mackeroth's construction log

Go down 
+32
Laserbilly
Groot
Tell
blockman42
Delta
torrentialAberration
Eliuser12
Julo
Talon
Captain stufuzzycat
Ivan2006
Grand Imperial Thunder
Avenger_7
superninjakiwi
Commander Kobialka
Tau
kennysmith1234
Hierarch Fenway
ACH0225
Tiel+
Last_Jedi_Standing
Laibach
Dux Tell31
Beaner
Iv121
Keon
Pat Best
hyperlite
Commander Error
Cool3303
GLaDOS
The Schmetterling
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:08 am

blockman42 wrote:
Actually I can help you, I just finished making my new ship the mantis that I will show later today

Okay, I will post the current section up, and you can help with the immense amount of detailing. In the meantime, I have had a good idea for the back...
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:36 am

Mackeroth? wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Actually I can help you, I just finished making my new ship the mantis that I will show later today

Okay, I will post the current section up, and you can help with the immense amount of detailing. In the meantime, I have had a good idea for the back...

Cool, so turrets or interiour?

Edit: time to find texture pack -___-
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:23 am

blockman42 wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
blockman42 wrote:

Cool, so turrets or interiour?

Edit: time to find texture pack -___-

Please could you finish of the exterior, that is to say the giant engine section, use whatever techniques you deem necessary, do whatever you want to make it look good, but do not build past the big red line I set up. In front of that big red line is where I will be doing detailing on the front section, and starting the interior. Also, try not to build any interior for now, unless it is well away from the big red line.

If, or when, we get a server, hopefully we'll be able to put the Banhammer up so we can all work on it, the ship is going to need to be THE MOST AWESOME MINECRAFT CREATION EVER!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:33 am

Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 5:35 pm

Blockman, you there?
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
Blockman, you there?

yes, but my mcedit (and computer) cant handle the banhammer's schematic size. I am thinking of getting an alienware and maybe then I can actually help.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:03 am

blockman42 wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
Blockman, you there?

yes, but my mcedit (and computer) cant handle the banhammer's schematic size. I am thinking of getting an alienware and maybe then I can actually help.

Wait a week. I'll put it on my map.

Why are we not using Iv's design for it? That was epic.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:26 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
Blockman, you there?

Thanks, maybe if I can get the M14x R2 I can import it -_____-.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:12 am

blockman42 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
Blockman, you there?

I am using a 5 year old laptop, and it works fine.

And no, we're not using IV's design. While it was good, it wasn't what I started building. Unless we want to cancel this ship and start a new one, only keeping my turrets? Either way, once it's on the server we can REALLY get building.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 10:14 am

Mackeroth? wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
Blockman, you there?

And no, we're not using IV's design. While it was good, it wasn't what I started building. Unless we want to cancel this ship and start a new one, only keeping my turrets? Either way, once it's on the server we can REALLY get building.

I suggest a vote! I doubt you guys made THAT much progress on it so the best way to solve it is to hold a democratic poll! And I have not seen your turrets!

I am also hyped up on the syrup of twelve waffles so forgive my exclamation marks!!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:19 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
Blockman, you there?

I suggest a vote! I doubt you guys made THAT much progress on it so the best way to solve it is to hold a democratic poll! And I have not seen your turrets!

I am also hyped up on the syrup of twelve waffles so forgive my exclamation marks!!

Yes you have seen the turrets! They were on the previous page!

And here is a picture (old picture) to show you just how much progress I have made:

Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Largeshipbuild
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 2:25 am

In my opinion you can cut this ship right here , and isn't the middle part taken from Laserbilly's ship to the right ?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:17 am

Iv121 wrote:
In my opinion you can cut this ship right here , and isn't the middle part taken from Laserbilly's ship to the right ?

You can't just "cut the ship there"! Think about how that would look! It just wouldn't work. That is why we need a proper engine segment, plus a large collection of wings/fins, for that added awesomeness effect.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:30 am

Your ship is exactly in the right dimensions. If you continue making it longer it will look awkward . Put your engines inside the current segment. If you really want it longer you'll have to make it wider.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 9:31 am

Yeah. Don't want a Bestine class clone, do we? Razz
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:
Yeah. Don't want a Bestine class clone, do we? Razz

Imagine if I made the Banhammer proportional to the Bestine, how big it'd be...

Anyway, the engines are supposed to come out from the section at the very bottom of the photo.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 4:02 am

Even this is a bit too long .
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 4:38 am

Iv121 wrote:
Even this is a bit too long .

Why don't you you take the download, build the basic structure, and show me what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:47 am

I can't , it's your ship. I just said that what we see on the map is the optimal size for your ship.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:01 am

Iv121 wrote:
I can't , it's your ship. I just said that what we see on the map is the optimal size for your ship.

!^%%^^@!!!!!!!!

Okay. The Banhammer is meant to be a shared build. It is going to be the Futurecraft flag-ship, it needs to be good.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:20 am

Mackeroth? wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

!^%%^^@!!!!!!!!

Okay. The Banhammer is meant to be a shared build. It is going to be the Futurecraft flag-ship, it needs to be good.
I think you should triple all the dimensions.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:25 am

Executor Nom Anor wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

!^%%^^@!!!!!!!!

If we go with the crab-claw design (which I personally like), it will be 1.2 km long.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:22 am

Mackeroth? wrote:
Executor Nom Anor wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

!^%%^^@!!!!!!!!

If we go with the crab-claw design (which I personally like), it will be 1.2 km long.

Oh. In that case, you'll need to quadruple them. At least. I though it was bigger than that.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Executor Nom Anor wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
Executor Nom Anor wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

!^%%^^@!!!!!!!!

Oh. In that case, you'll need to quadruple them. At least. I though it was bigger than that.

Considering that around half of the hull will be made by hand (due it its curved shape, the "pincers" will be made by hand, and considering we need a good idea of how it will look, just building one then cloning and mirroring wouldn't work... this is too hard to get into right now...), I really wouldn't want anything much bigger. That sounds fairly small, but in Minecraft that is unbelievably massive.

Still, I would like the Banhammer to be able to contend with a ship like Elmo114's battle cruiser.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 12:47 am

Mackeroth? wrote:

Still, I would like the Banhammer to be able to contend with a ship like Elmo114's battle cruiser.

Where can I find pictures of Elmo's ships? I've been looking but cant seem to find anything. The Banhammer looks amazing so far, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mackeroth's construction log
Page 8 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next