Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries

Go down 
+4
The Schmetterling
hyperlite
Tiel+
Eliuser12
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Empty
PostSubject: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:56 pm

Okay guys, I have little to no experience of making ships, but alot with building. The first ship in this post was my SECOND ship ever built in minecraft. It's not bad, but I feel it's lacking interior-wise aethestetically. If you have suggestions, please put them. Otherwise, these ships are mostly meant to be practical.

The Touchdown class frigate:
Spoiler:

And the second ship, The Saboteur class Fighter:

Spoiler:

The Space Station Overwatch One, or SSOW1:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Eliuser12 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:01 pm

This is pretty good. Me gusta. Except for the cobble everywhere Razz

Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:03 pm

I like it too. It is finally one that is not too bulky for me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Tiel wrote:

What you're reffering to is either the iron blocks the ship is primarily made of, or the obsidian that is located in vital places that would cripple the ship if lost. Btw, if you have knowledge of a texturepack for ships, I would be grateful, as Doku and Vanilla texturepacks are pretty bad for spaceship building.

(Avoiding double post)

@hyperlite

Yeah I saw some of the other ships, and usually I see a post from a user Hyperlite saying "Well it's a little bulky here and there and everywhere..."
Honestly, I started to laugh at how many times you've done that.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Yeah I am not the nicest guy on here. Not the meanest (I don't think)
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:15 pm

This one is my favorite thus far

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32804886/www.olgh.net_New-World_1.2.5_v9.4.zip (Sorry for no hyperlink, forumotion keeps crapping out errors about it, just copy/paste)

If your system can't handle that 32x pack, try the Planetary Defense Corps Texpack which is only 16x and has a few errors but should suffice.
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:26 pm

Tiel wrote:
This one is my favorite thus far
-le snip-

That, my friend, I am going to be making a ship with.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Eliuser12 wrote:
Tiel wrote:

What you're reffering to is either the iron blocks the ship is primarily made of, or the obsidian that is located in vital places that would cripple the ship if lost. Btw, if you have knowledge of a texturepack for ships, I would be grateful, as Doku and Vanilla texturepacks are pretty bad for spaceship building.

(Avoiding double post)

@hyperlite

Yeah I saw some of the other ships, and usually I see a post from a user Hyperlite saying "Well it's a little bulky here and there and everywhere..."
Honestly, I started to laugh at how many times you've done that.

Default is fine if you know how to use it. Just don't use Geru Doku. It is a fantasy texturepack. Use it for castles, not space ships.

I use Dark Matter, someone else might have said that...

Your ship is what I have come to expect for a beginner. Several people have built their first ships with a design like that, including a friend of mine, who then nuked the world...
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 8:33 pm

That frigate sure can do a lot!
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
That frigate sure can do a lot!
Yeah, for a frigate. It's got more of a drop-ship role in my opinion. The orbital drop requires everyone to have a spacesuit on though, or they'd suffocate, due to the simplicity of the airlock. Also, the pressure from the main drop airlock would kill you from space, so you'd have to drop each solider individually. Also, protocols for Tactical Profficiency's clients often involve either dropping two soliders from orbit as forward recon, or having them stay behind while the other six do the mission. The "Dex" grade weapons are rotational, while the "omni" grade weapons only shoot in one direction. "Omni" Sub-light engines turn much slower than "Dex" engines, but maintain more speed. I'm likely to make a larger version with better airlocks, a better troop deployment system, a forecastle (Crew's quarters) of some sort, and an easy-loaded bomb bay that fires multiple bombs off at once and is much easier to reload. Also going to make the engines and missle silo look much better. But, that is going to take a while. In the meantime, I'm making another ship to fit into this texturepack I'm trying for shipbuilding, and it looks quite nice. Well, that's saying the shape of it does, I don't know how I like it in the texturepack.

Sorry for long post, those of you with short attention spans.

In a while, I'm going to hit the hay.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Iv121's first ship looked similar to that.

Go and look what he has done now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 12:45 pm

There is no shame in using MCedit. The only thing it will do is save your time. It won't design for you.
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 6:35 pm

New Fighter Ship, the Saboteur! Really, this didn't take long at all, but I'm glad with the outcome, and I finally have something to go inbetween my first ship and the large cruiser seen in the background of some of these pictures!

Spoiler:

And I am really starting to like the in-site image hosting!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Eliuser12 wrote:

Yeah, I'm using Taln Inco.'s Texturepack. I'm going to make a ship in it and see if I like it enough. If I do, I'm going to begin work on some bigger ships.

Also, I don't know about you guys, But I hand-build all my ships.

On a larger scale, that makes them messy. I usually build a section and then copy it as much as I can. On my dreadnought and more recent cruiser, I cloned the top half, flipped it, and stuck it on the bottom. I also did that with the left and right of the top sides, so I only had to build a quarter of the hull. I then do the detailing by hand, copying using MCedit as necessary. Except for massive interior areas, or things that require portal blocks to be placed, I build them by hand.
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
Eliuser12 wrote:

Yeah, I'm using Taln Inco.'s Texturepack. I'm going to make a ship in it and see if I like it enough. If I do, I'm going to begin work on some bigger ships.

Also, I don't know about you guys, But I hand-build all my ships.

On a larger scale, that makes them messy. I usually build a section and then copy it as much as I can. On my dreadnought and more recent cruiser, I cloned the top half, flipped it, and stuck it on the bottom. I also did that with the left and right of the top sides, so I only had to build a quarter of the hull. I then do the detailing by hand, copying using MCedit as necessary. Except for massive interior areas, or things that require portal blocks to be placed, I build them by hand.

Now I want to go mess around in MCEdit...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:54 pm

Yeah, but copying too much makes a ship look bland and unappealing. There has to be a balance. Personally I find MCedit pretty clunky so I only use it when I have to mirror a portion, like an external wing or engine. Worldedit is much more intuitive, it comes with Singleplayer Commands. Should check that out.
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:56 pm

Tiel wrote:
Yeah, but copying too much makes a ship look bland and unappealing. There has to be a balance. Personally I find MCedit pretty clunky so I only use it when I have to mirror a portion, like an external wing or engine. Worldedit is much more intuitive, it comes with Singleplayer Commands. Should check that out.

Now I have to check that out...

Anyone else looking forward to 1.3?

And did frostbyte mean it when he said "Next tuesday", or was he just joking again?
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 8:21 pm

He was joking, Futurecraft won't come out until Thursday.

Whoever edited this grow up.

Last edited by hyperlite on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:33 am

The fighter requires a different weapon, it sort of sticks up form the top. Other than that, good fighter.
How are you finding the texture-pack?
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 9:22 am

Mackeroth? wrote:
The fighter requires a different weapon, it sort of sticks up form the top. Other than that, good fighter.
How are you finding the texture-pack?

Texturepack is great, really, at least for exterior.

The weapon on top is the Antimatter cannon, which you would imagine, is big. Admitadbly, it's a little big for the fighter. I still like how the fighter came out.
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:35 pm

I've created a lookout station capable of docking one ship, which has to be a cruiser or smaller. I like how it came out, imo.
Desc is tommorow...

Spoiler:

Here's a daytime photo, as of request of Signore Laserbilly:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Eliuser12 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Eliuser12 wrote:
I've created a lookout station capable of docking one ship, which has to be a cruiser or smaller. I like how it came out, imo.
Desc is tommorow...

Spoiler:

I think it looks good for such a little structure, but the image is a bit hard to make out. Could you post a day-time photo?
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:26 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Eliuser12 wrote:
Desc is tommorow...

Spoiler:

I think it looks good for such a little structure, but the image is a bit hard to make out. Could you post a day-time photo?

Will do, Aesthestic background was in mind when I took the picture.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:46 pm

Eliuser12 wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Eliuser12 wrote:
Desc is tommorow...

Spoiler:

Will do, Aesthestic background was in mind when I took the picture.

Yeah, I get it. Same thing with mine.
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:39 am

I like the weapon on your Little fighter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries   Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tactical Profficiency(TM) Industries
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next