Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE

Go down 
+11
Iv121
Avenger_7
GLaDOS
Tiel+
Caramell
blockman42
torrentialAberration
The Schmetterling
Joel
Ivan2006
Admiral Rekiin
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admiral Rekiin
Admiral Rekiin

Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Empty
PostSubject: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Narwha10

Last edited by Admiral Rekiin on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:24 pm

Olympian_creeper wrote:
Greetings. After a certain owl-related accident destroyed most of Telekhine Alpha, the trans-dimensional shipyard were Hermes was being constructed, our emperor decided to cancel the project and devote his attention to building some smaller vessels of war.

~Admiral Creepus
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHIPS
Spoiler:

I would sell both colour versions.
Black on white looks more creepy and might fit the theme of some empires and dictatorships, but for democracies, republics and companies, white on black might fit better.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:51 pm

Olympian_creeper wrote:
Greetings. After a certain owl-related accident destroyed most of Telekhine Alpha, the trans-dimensional shipyard were Hermes was being constructed, our emperor decided to cancel the project and devote his attention to building some smaller vessels of war.

~Admiral Creepus
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHIPS
Spoiler:

On orders from the Admiral of Exion's Armed Forces, how much would 20 of the white-on-black corvettes cost?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Rekiin
Admiral Rekiin

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:19 pm

03-686 Ebullient Prism wrote:
Olympian_creeper wrote:

~Admiral Creepus
SHIPS
Spoiler:

On orders from the Admiral of Exion's Armed Forces, how much would 20 of the white-on-black corvettes cost?
This particular model is not on sale.

Last edited by Admiral Creepus on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:27 pm

It's a flying submarine....?

Besides that, cool ship.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 7:59 pm

The Doctor wrote:
It's a flying submarine....?

*Space Submarine.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 8:12 pm

looks k
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 4:28 am

I can´t wait to see the interior, but yeah, it reminds me of the Space Battleship Yamato.
No way to fight an attacker from beneath.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Rekiin
Admiral Rekiin

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:59 am

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
I can´t wait to see the interior, but yeah, it reminds me of the Space Battleship Yamato.
Don't get your hopes up. I'm terrible at interior.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:14 am

Nice ship!
Need some more turrets though.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 9:34 am

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admiral Rekiin
Admiral Rekiin

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 10:08 am

Exterior is complete and interior is getting close.

Edit: First post updated.

Double Edit: The Mermaid is more or less complete.

Last edited by Admiral Creepus on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admiral Rekiin
Admiral Rekiin

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 3:59 am

*bump*

New ship.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:05 pm

Not for sale? NOT FOR SALE!?!? Fine. I'll just steal it by using one of the incredibly classified ramming ships in R&D that I shouldn't have told you about , wait for the crew to die, then take it. Mine.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Admiral Rekiin
Admiral Rekiin

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 5:54 am

Quote :
Not for sale? NOT FOR SALE!?!? Fine. I'll just steal it by using one of the incredibly classified ramming ships in R&D that I shouldn't have told you about , wait for the crew to die, then take it. Mine.
Good luck with that.

I'm waiting for SCP to come out so I can use world edit for my cruiser because there is no way I will ever use mc edit again after the...last time. For now I'll just focus on redoing the engine and the reactor on the Mermaid and maybe I'll even make a few more smaller ships and some ground weapons/orbital defenses etc.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:37 pm

The exteriors could use a little work, but interior looks k.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Rekiin
Admiral Rekiin

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:51 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
I thought it was the way round...

Does you have any ideas for how I could improve the exterior?
Secondly, how would smaller ships like corvettes, drop ships and shuttles would be powered, because something tells me that there isn't really any room for a ZPM.
Also, how big would a core for ship the size of the Mermaid class corvette be?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:57 pm

Admiral Rekiin wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Secondly, how would smaller ships like corvettes, drop ships and shuttles would be powered, because something tells me that there isn't really any room for a ZPM.

No one has any idea. Mackeroth's original ideas for the mod have been overwritten here and there in the Idea Center, and even over-rewritten. But the community's too scared to come up with a feasible replacement for the original MCforum OP that's been called out as outdated many times, Mackeroth himself included.

Just go with what you think fits best.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Rekiin
Admiral Rekiin

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Fili wrote:
Admiral Rekiin wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

No one has any idea. Mackeroth's original ideas for the mod have been overwritten here and there in the Idea Center, and even over-rewritten. But the community's too scared to come up with a feasible replacement for the original MCforum OP that's been called out as outdated many times, Mackeroth himself included.

Just go with what you think fits best.

Ooookay, in that case: back to the first question. What exactly should I do to the exterior?
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Streamline it, and make it seem less like a boat. Add identifiable engines and maybe some color.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Rekiin
Admiral Rekiin

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Streamline it, and make it seem less like a boat. Add identifiable engines and maybe some color.
SIR YES SIR!

Actually, I think it may be easier If I just start over.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:38 pm

Yeah. Try building your ships bit by bit, centering around a design feature out want to stand out. I'll try to find the pic I took of my cruiser.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:43 pm

Ok, found it. The rear got cut off but you should be able to see what I mean. I built the ship around its 'wings'.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Admiral Rekiin
Admiral Rekiin

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Oooooh, that's a nice ship you have there.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:56 pm

It's just an example of my style. Take a look at laserbilly's thread for his (which I assume you have since you use his texture pack) and maybe Iv's as well. Just remember to have a very general idea of the shape you want to achieve, and don't hesitate to do trial and error if you think of a design feature that might look cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE   Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Narwhal industries - Sponsored by the ASE
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next