Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else.

Go down 
+11
Julo
The Schmetterling
Cheatmaster
hyperlite
Ivan2006
ACH0225
Burnttoaster
Iv121
scout37
Last_Jedi_Standing
Keon
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Fighters should be...
6degree fully realistic. (Play orbiter.)
Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 7 ]
Atmospheric jet. (Play plane mod)
Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Vote_lcap17%Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
6degrees, not quite realistic. (This would be what Sins has for fighters, and what Black Prophecy has.)
Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Vote_lcap39%Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 39% [ 9 ]
Something else? Comment.
Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else.   Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Does anyone else have the problem on this forum where topics all get marked as read after 24 hours? It started happening to me a few months back and makes it hard to keep track of threads. This is the first time I've seen this one.

If Keon is stuck, I can take a look at making a HUD. It's difficult to know how much work it will take without looking at the code, but I can say right now that radar's going to be the hardest part, and that will mostly depend on how nice it needs to look.

The tip about pheenixm was very helpful. I will be sure to investigate his system.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else.   Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:00 pm

make it work similar to the minimap mods' waypoints. Just make them on the Y-Z plane it's important because in space it you should get your nose pointing the right direction. The distance (X axis) becomes less important as it can be measured by simply moving the nose to the sides a bit or using your select option. Also you will find it much better in dogfights - it will tell you exactly to which direction the enemy turns allowing you to chase him. Ever played BF3 ? The dogfights there are terribly difficult couse you loose the enemy's tail quite easily and the x-y plane radar is not helping at all...
If you want to add X axis I suggest making it with color - the brighter the dot the closer the enemy.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else.   Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:01 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Does anyone else have the problem on this forum where topics all get marked as read after 24 hours? It started happening to me a few months back and makes it hard to keep track of threads. This is the first time I've seen this one.
Nope. The problem may be that the page gets refreshed. Sometimes if there are new posts in a thread and you reload the page, it marks them as read.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else.   Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 7:52 pm

i like choice C.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else.   Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:12 am

Alright, that explosives+ thing won't work out. It eats all my frames, and my PC is nothing to sneeze at. We'll have to use our own system after all.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else.   Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 1:18 am

Iv121 wrote:
Not a question of reality. Those who ever played freespace know why the straight system is so good. It means that the one who flies better is the one who wins not the one who points better, as here you will find the sides quite even ... Those who played Black Prophecy will never know the thrill of a real dogfight Sad , that's why I quit it .

If you played black prophecy tell me - how do you usually fight - face to face or chasing ? There is not a lot of chasing in black prophesy even though it is the basis for dogfight - to outmanoeuvre your foe so he won't be on your tail. Face to face clashes are the worst possible cases where the one with the bigger guns and armor wins, you can't escape in such situation , surely not when the enemy can simply point his mouse at you. In Freespace you can at least make a tight manoeuvre to the side and outru the foe with your speed.

I would like to share this with you: http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA181538
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else.   Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:26 am

No idea what is this and what it has to do with the topic besides the title. Maybe if you sum up those 250 pages ...
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else.   Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 3:18 am

It was tldr for me too, but from what I glanced at, it's discussing inverse kinematics techniques and is from the year of the first Apple Macintosh. I have no idea why Tiel posted it either.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else.   Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Anyone ever played Ace Combat 6 for the Xbox? Beautiful controls, full 6 degree maneuverability, everything BSGO should be but isn't? That's how fighters should feel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else.   Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fighters. Biggest problem since everything else.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3