Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)

Go down 
+4
Last_Jedi_Standing
Keon
The Schmetterling
Commander Kobialka
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Empty
PostSubject: how fighters should be controlled!   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Now, a fighter should have a lot different controlls than that of a dread so here we go. when you press Q the fighter starts moving. d makes you go right a makes you go left s makes you pull up and w makes you go down. there done. comments? oh and space could be fire. (clicking is loud and annoying on my mouse)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:12 am

You forgot rolling.

Mouse should control steering, unless it is too hard to program: you move the mouse up/down/side to control rotation.

The W and S keys control speed, and the A and D keys roll left and right, respectively.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:13 am

Did I forget any direction?

Forward/back, left/right, up/down, roll.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:06 am

Strafe left/right/up/down
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:23 am

Keon wrote:
How are you supposed to do that in a fighter? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:16 am

I thought there weren't going to be fighters..?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Legion wrote:
I thought there weren't going to be fighters..?
There have to be fighters.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:30 pm

No
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:58 pm

That was Ectrimbles idea to get rid of fighters... but he is gone now.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Keon wrote:

I don't get that. To me, strafing is just doing a dive then pulling back up.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 4:46 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Keon wrote:

I don't get that. To me, strafing is just doing a dive then pulling back up.
You're thinking of the usual meaning of strafing in the context of fighters, which is to machine-gun enemies on the ground. He means the move sideways without turning, like Steve does when you press 'a' or 'd'.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:04 pm

I dont see any problems with the pysics of that. There is no friction in space......
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 6:16 pm

But most fightercraft don't have jets mounted on the sides to make such movement possible Neutral
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Then a fundamental change will need to occur.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Not in favor of that. I think there should be a tnt-esque addon that quickly hurtles your fighter to the side to escape from, say, incoming missiles or a laser volley, at the expense of some HP. This would give a good reason to have player controlled strikecraft because there'd be a higher survival rate and combat efficiency as opposed to drones.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:48 pm

I dont think blasting charges would work in space....... If I understand them correct, they require an atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Pre-oxygenated charges could. Or fusion ones.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Legion wrote:
Not in favor of that. I think there should be a tnt-esque addon that quickly hurtles your fighter to the side to escape from, say, incoming missiles or a laser volley, at the expense of some HP. This would give a good reason to have player controlled strikecraft because there'd be a higher survival rate and combat efficiency as opposed to drones.

If you have a gravity manipulation drive, like the Banhammer, you will be able to move any which-what way, at incredible speeds.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:00 pm

I can manipulate fire. WITH MY BEAK!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:17 am

ACH0225 wrote:
I can manipulate fire. WITH MY BEAK!

So can I, genius.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:07 pm

I think fighters should controlled JUST LIKE THEY ARE IN STAR WARS BATTLE FRONT 2. For those of you that have played the game, you know what I am talking about. If not, then look up a video.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:18 pm

The old topic is 18 down from this one, directly above the other one you made. The one that was locked. It's easier to spot.

Having SWBF2-style fighters would be great, except that I have no idea how they work on a keyboard. They're very intuitive on a PS2 controller, but the lack of joysticks could be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:37 pm

All I can say is we better have joystick support. My friend refuses to play futurecraft without joysticks.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:09 am

Keon wrote:
All I can say is we better have joystick support. My friend refuses to play futurecraft without joysticks.

I have no idea how complicated that would be to code.

Fr0stbyte!
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:55 am

The lwjgl supports it, somewhat, so I guess it could be done...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)   Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fighter Controls (I would have edited the last one but could not find it)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next