Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Weaponry for Fighters

Go down 
+9
scout37
Avenger_7
Tiel+
hyperlite
Cheatmaster
ACH0225
Burnttoaster
Keon
Commander Error
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Weaponry for Fighters Empty
PostSubject: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Just some ideas.

1. Guided Air-Air missile:
Radar guided, these missiles seek out whatever you select as target.

2. Rockets:
Unguided, intended for air-ground use.

3. Guided Air-Ground Missile:
Locks onto and hits anything considered an "entity".

4. Railguns:
Take up 2 weapon slots, but can punch a slug into a decent-sized ship.

5. Tactical Nukes:
These are roughly half the power of a full-size nuke, but it still takes up all of the weapon slots on a fighter.
(Nuke only, no gun, no rockets, no other weapons at all.)

6. Lasers:
Standard weapons. Low damage, rapid fire.

7. Unguided bombs:
Gravity bombs, 500 lbs. of high explosive on a fuse.

Last edited by Commander Error on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:38 pm

And lasers and railguns.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:46 pm

air to ground guided missiles, and bombs

and wouldn't it be space to space
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:33 pm

Yea, some of this stuff is for jets...
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:19 am

Whats about Plasma Cannons?or Warp Cannons(They send out an Warp Puls which means that everything in Front of you gets Expanded or shortened)?
Also Missing Sound Cannons Which are harmless To Buildings but Explode Heads In a Far Range
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:51 pm

I think this is intended for space fighters...
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 5:49 am

ACH0225 wrote:

Actually... No Nukes are made for Space Fights or Electrc charged Projectiles but not an space bending weapon or an 1000°c Hot Gas
and If you didn´t notice it sound cannons are only for Planet Fights since they won´t work anywhere else
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:29 am

What about miniguns on your fighters? Only missiles and bombs?
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:37 am

hyperlite wrote:

Miniguns aren´t strong enough and you can´t use MAC cannons because the projectile would melt if you firing it in an Atmosphere

Last edited by Cheatmaster on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:27 pm

scratch
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Cheatmaster wrote:
hyperlite wrote:

Miniguns aren´t strong enough and you can´t use MAC cannons because the mass would melt if you firing it in an Atmosphere

Euhm...you're wrong. Not a high enough drag coefficient for the projectiles to melt via friction. Mini guns can be more than powerful enough to do serious harm to other fighters and even tanks.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:41 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Cheatmaster wrote:
hyperlite wrote:

Miniguns aren´t strong enough and you can´t use MAC cannons because the mass would melt if you firing it in an Atmosphere

Euhm...you're wrong. Not a high enough drag coefficient for the projectiles to melt via friction. Mini guns can be more than powerful enough to do serious harm to other fighters and even tanks.

Maybe we do´t have the same Imagination of a Fighter
For me is a Fighter something which can´t be damaged by small bullets.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Cheatmaster wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Cheatmaster wrote:
hyperlite wrote:

Maybe we do´t have the same Imagination of a Fighter
For me is a Fighter something which can´t be damaged by small bullets.

Then your idea of miniguns is VERY wrong. While miniguns are for infantry and vehicle use (either primary armament on unarmored vehicles or secondary on armored), the M61 Vulcan Cannon has been used by United States on fighters since the 1960's and is still a primary armament on our modern fighters. They are almost the same as the minigun, the only differences are from how the "mini" got its name due to it using the eaxact same mechanisms as the vulcan cannon only with a smaller caliber ammo.

And many fighters can be damaged by standard military rounds, such as the NATO 7.62mm. Even then, there are infantry weapons that only require ammo changes to armor pearcing rounds that can easily hit a jet and go through and through, making it completely unusable.

Nowadays, it isnt destroying the plane that makes it unusuable. just a bullet passing straight through wil likely destroy enough electrical wiring to render it completely useless.

Also, fighters would not carry nukes. and not tactical nukes. I hate people who have been absorbed by CoD. large explosive ordanance will e carried by bomers.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:24 pm

Cheatmaster wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

Actually... No Nukes are made for Space Fights or Electrc charged Projectiles but not an space bending weapon or an 1000°c Hot Gas
and If you didn´t notice it sound cannons are only for Planet Fights since they won´t work anywhere else

He's right. read the OP carefully.

And Tac Nukes take ALL the weapon slots on a fighter, basically turning it into a marginally effective kamikazi.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:50 pm

Random fact of the day, we tested a nuke in space. It worked beautifully, up to the big plasma ball. Anyone live in Hawaii?
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:51 am

Keon wrote:
Random fact of the day, we tested a nuke in space. It worked beautifully, up to the big plasma ball. Anyone live in Hawaii?

What do you Want To tell us with this?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 8:46 am

Cheatmaster wrote:
Keon wrote:

A big EMP is generated by detonating a nuke in space. Affects an area about the size of the Pacific.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:42 am

Cheatmaster wrote:
Keon wrote:

People were saying nukes didn't work in space.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Two things:
1.) Get back on-topic and discuss nuke mechanics elsewhere.

2.) I don´t think you will be able to do major changes at your fighters weaponary after you built it, meaning that there won´t be any senseful way to possibly fit a tactical nuke into a fighter.
As said previously, use bombers to deliver them.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 4:06 pm

Also, heres a funny quirk-

People have been building fighters, when i have yet to see anything going against the mac's statements fighters will be craftable, like escape pods.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:37 pm

scout37 wrote:

People have been building fighters, when i have yet to see anything going against the mac's statements fighters will be craftable, like escape pods.
We want something to put in our hangars until then. Although I've considered retexturing some of Manus's Vipers, 'cause that's what I want at least some of my fighters to look like.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:15 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
scout37 wrote:

We want something to put in our hangars until then. Although I've considered retexturing some of Manus's Vipers, 'cause that's what I want at least some of my fighters to look like.

Please do not mention the name manus Evil or Very Mad

He has made all the work others actually put in by screwing around in techne for a while. While i can't denie his models are amazing, he ruins things for others by making every single model he can think of so wen someone else makes it for their pack and does it to fit in, then they are accused of copying manus. God, if only i hadn't banned techne's IP...
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:57 am

Keon wrote:
Cheatmaster wrote:
Keon wrote:

You missunderstood this a little bit Rockets will have no effect (non-shildbreaking rockets)
A nuke generates an huge amount of electromagnetic-waves wich will damage the shields Significantly
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:39 am

Cheatmaster wrote:
Keon wrote:
Cheatmaster wrote:
Keon wrote:

You missunderstood this a little bit Rockets will have no effect (non-shildbreaking rockets)
A nuke generates an huge amount of electromagnetic-waves wich will damage the shields Significantly

The power behind them is the kinetic energy. There's a LOT of that.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:07 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Cheatmaster wrote:
Keon wrote:
Cheatmaster wrote:
Keon wrote:

The power behind them is the kinetic energy. There's a LOT of that.

The Kinetic Energy is useless in Space you Need an Dirty nuke which destroys Shields
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weaponry for Fighters   Weaponry for Fighters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weaponry for Fighters
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next