Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

take the icon out of armor and fighters

Go down 
+2
torrentialAberration
Caramell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

take the icon out of armor and fighters Empty
PostSubject: take the icon out of armor and fighters   take the icon out of armor and fighters Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 3:44 pm

so form playing on severs with flans mods I found that, stuff that hinders armor and planes in real life doesn't have an effect in the game cause you can just break it down into it's icon state, and aircraft don't need to go in hanger, just a chest.

It makes me think what the point of a spaceships hanger bay, if you just have a chest, what the point of making bridges if you can just break apart your (none hover) tank or mech and just swim across.

so maybe you can't break them into and icon, maybe you can only put it down once and it stays like that, or go further and take the icon out of the process of crafting it, and have them made on a physical assembly line, now I don't know how that would look or work but there plenty of time to think about that, but you wont see the model getting built as one piece gets added on, just
a vehicle will pop out at the end.

So your ships fighter and vehicle carrying capacity doesn't matter on how many chest you have but how much space you have and, it would add more realism like loading tanks and fighter on to a ship, and blowing bridges to slow down advancements.

Now I don't know how much lag this would create but I don't think you will have all your fighters and vehicles in one spot, and it would cause less lag then a large scale planet and space battle would make.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: take the icon out of armor and fighters   take the icon out of armor and fighters Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Haven't this been thought about already?
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: take the icon out of armor and fighters   take the icon out of armor and fighters Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Strategion Daynel wrote:
Haven't this been thought about already?

I don't know, has it?
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: take the icon out of armor and fighters   take the icon out of armor and fighters Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: take the icon out of armor and fighters   take the icon out of armor and fighters Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 7:41 pm

Just make it so vehicles can only be made in a factory machine, The if you break them they just fall into peices.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: take the icon out of armor and fighters   take the icon out of armor and fighters Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:00 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
Just make it so vehicles can only be made in a factory machine, The if you break them they just fall into peices.

I had an idea that they would turn into a wreaked version of them selfs, and littler the battlefeild with wreaks.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: take the icon out of armor and fighters   take the icon out of armor and fighters Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:08 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:
_Shadowcat_ wrote:

I had an idea that they would turn into a wreaked version of them selfs, and littler the battlefeild with wreaks.

Nah, more likely how Flan´s mod handles it if they actually get destroyed: you get back some (but not all) of the parts, just make it that the same happens if you try to knock it into an item.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: take the icon out of armor and fighters   take the icon out of armor and fighters Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Only issue I see with this is collisions and ships. I mean, how will the fightercraft entity and the starship entity interact?
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: take the icon out of armor and fighters   take the icon out of armor and fighters Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Commander Error wrote:
Only issue I see with this is collisions and ships. I mean, how will the fightercraft entity and the starship entity interact?

If you're going too fast and your fighter meets a ship, you go boom and do some damage to the ship (maybe about as much as a small explosive torpedo, not taking speed into account). Maybe a fighter could have the ability to latch onto a ship if it's going slowly enough using magnetic grappling gear or something. Fighters can penetrate some shields, the ones used for hangar doors and atmosphere containers, but not the defense shields. The fighter docks with the magnetic things.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: take the icon out of armor and fighters   take the icon out of armor and fighters Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
_Shadowcat_ wrote:

Nah, more likely how Flan´s mod handles it if they actually get destroyed: you get back some (but not all) of the parts, just make it that the same happens if you try to knock it into an item.
When I broke something I got three times the parts back...
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: take the icon out of armor and fighters   take the icon out of armor and fighters Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Hmm I think Id rather prefer the damaged vehicle idea, Instead of vehicles just breaking into parts.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: take the icon out of armor and fighters   take the icon out of armor and fighters Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 6:50 pm

I JUST HAD AN IDEA!

Variable inventory space. Blocks like dirt could stack nicely in one slot, some items might only take up one slot (like weapons/items in vanilla) and some might take up multiple spaces, some might take up a huge amount of space.

Now that I've gotten that out there, maybe we can combine the two ideas.

If it doesn't become molten slag as a result of an impact because of the ineptitude of the pilot:
1. The fighter is hit
. a. It explodes if a fuel tank or engine is hit. Nothing is salvageable .
. b. It is grounded/left drifting.
2. VV
. a. It slams into the ground, leaving a small crater and damaging more parts. The parts that are salvageable can be removed.
. b. It is drifting through space with no power or control. All parts that weren't hit can be salvaged.
3. All parts that were salvaged can be used to repair a damaged fighter or placed in a factory.
4. The rest of the fighter is left in its crater or left or drift through space until it hits something or is removed.

Can we merge this thread and my thread? It had all this covered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: take the icon out of armor and fighters   take the icon out of armor and fighters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

take the icon out of armor and fighters
Page 1 of 1