Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?

Go down 
+27
torrentialAberration
Julo
Cheatmaster
nick248
Laibach
Grand Imperial Thunder
Happyman
Potato
blockman42
Hierarch Fenway
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Emperor_Revan
Tiel+
dimitriye98
Keon
Captain stufuzzycat
scout37
Avenger_7
Pat Best
superninjakiwi
ACH0225
Brz99
Last_Jedi_Standing
Iv121
Commander Kobialka
The Schmetterling
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:08 pm

no, because they home.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:16 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
no, because they home.

Quite possibly they've upgraded since last time I played halo 1, 2 or 3, but back in my days, Warthogs had gauss cannons that fired 40mm grenades.

Now get off my lawn, you damn kids!
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:21 pm

ah. i play reach, that's the differance.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
I never said most powerful ship. I just said greatest. That might mean good looking, good firepower, good technology, good defense, or general awesomeness.
^ exactly why I picked the Andromeda, I even said that in my post.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 2:40 pm

in that case, i think the greatist ship of all time would be the Mothership from the movie Independance day. That damn thing was over a hundred Kilometers across.
Back to top Go down
Brz99

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Kobialka wrote:

Yes. The Voyager. Not even a enterprise class ship. Very similar to the Enterprise design though. meh.

Which Enterprise?
I assume you mean the Enterprise-E?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 5:41 pm

scout37 wrote:
in that case, i think the greatist ship of all time would be the Mothership from the movie Independance day. That damn thing was over a hundred Kilometers across.

Too overpowered. Makes it un-great. Just stupid.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
scout37 wrote:

I probably laughed too much when I read that
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
scout37 wrote:

Well, we can't really say that. In fact, it's a giant city, or world-ship, which houses the civilians. It's got the alien's super shield, that we know, but as far as weapons go, we've never seen it fire anything.
In fact, I think we could assume that the mothership itself has no weapons, that's why it launches the "smaller" saucers as assault craft. Basically the mothership is the equivalent of a planet, quite literally, and the saucers are the planet's military force.

So all it's really got is big, stinky on the inside, infested with aliens hellbent on consuming all resources in the known universe at any cost, and gets blown up by one well-placed nuke.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:16 pm

I love the Retribution, Emperor, and Apocalypse class battleships from Warhammer 40K. They aren't the best ships, but I like them a lot. ( This pic is an Emperor Class, the only difference between them is armament.)

Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Images10

Last edited by stufuzzycat on Tue May 15, 2012 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:19 pm

stufuzzycat wrote:
I love the Retribution, Emperor, and Apocalypse class battleships from Warhammer 40K. They aren't the best ships, but I like them a lot. ( This pic is an Emperor Class, the difference between them is armament.)

Avenger_7's made the WH40K guys seem pretty tough.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Pat Best wrote:
stufuzzycat wrote:
I love the Retribution, Emperor, and Apocalypse class battleships from Warhammer 40K. They aren't the best ships, but I like them a lot. ( This pic is an Emperor Class, the difference between them is armament.)

Believe me when I say that some of those capital ships have retarded amounts of firepower, and they are the only Imperial ships that can hold their own without heavy support.

I still think they have some of the coolest architecture across any franchise.

Last edited by Avenger_7 on Tue May 15, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
stufuzzycat wrote:

Believe me when I say that some of those capital ships have retarded amounts of firepower, even if they aren't the best defensively. Except for that one class with 20m thick armor, but they move soooooooo ssssllllloooooooowwwwwwlllllyyyyyyyyy......

I won't lie, I like how they've incorporated that religious theme into the ship's armor., BUT, I personally don't like the shape of the ship in that picture.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
stufuzzycat wrote:

Believe me when I say that some of those capital ships have retarded amounts of firepower, even if they aren't the best defensively. Except for that one class with 20m thick armor, but they move soooooooo ssssllllloooooooowwwwwwlllllyyyyyyyyy......

I won't lie, I like how they've incorporated that religious theme into the ship's armor., BUT, I personally don't like the shape of the ship in that picture.

That is the Pastel box art for BFG. It's also the general design for most Imperial ships
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 7:17 pm

The Carrier of SCII (look up the artwork) has some things that I really like, however now I like the Andromeda Whatever more.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 7:19 pm

Keon wrote:
The Carrier of SCII (look up the artwork) has some things that I really like, however now I like the Andromeda Whatever more.

I preferred the carriers from SCI, less flashy artsy stuff but they looked tougher.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
stufuzzycat wrote:

That is the Pastel box art for BFG. It's also the general design for most Imperial ships

It looks like one of your trains...
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:48 pm

I forgot to say that is not an Emperor-class, it is a Retribution-class.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Androm10

This is my favorite so far. Just purely on pretties.
Back to top Go down
dimitriye98

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 11:06 pm

I agree with Lord Mackeroth, Atlantis forever!`
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:36 am

dimitriye98 wrote:
I agree with Lord Mackeroth, Atlantis forever!`

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 7:38 am

Keon wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

The ship is pretty cool looking. But it is a fifth of the size of Atlantis, and has much less firepower. Not to mention Atlantis' wormhole drive, which has to be the coolest piece of technology (in my opinion) in all of sci-fi.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:54 am

Avenger_7 wrote:

No it's not look at the side weapons, for a Retribution they would be all guns, not the hangars for the attack craft.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:04 am

stufuzzycat wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

No it's not look at the side weapons, for a Retribution they would be all guns, not the hangars for the attack craft.

Though it does have torpedo tubes, which Emperor class ships don't have, which makes me think that its just an awesome pic.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 10:57 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Keon wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

The ship is pretty cool looking. But it is a fifth of the size of Atlantis, and has much less firepower. Not to mention Atlantis' wormhole drive, which has to be the coolest piece of technology (in my opinion) in all of sci-fi.

I said purely on looks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next