Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?

Go down 
+27
torrentialAberration
Julo
Cheatmaster
nick248
Laibach
Grand Imperial Thunder
Happyman
Potato
blockman42
Hierarch Fenway
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Emperor_Revan
Tiel+
dimitriye98
Keon
Captain stufuzzycat
scout37
Avenger_7
Pat Best
superninjakiwi
ACH0225
Brz99
Last_Jedi_Standing
Iv121
Commander Kobialka
The Schmetterling
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:08 am

I'd have to go with a UNSC Destroyer.

Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Heart_of_Midlothian

But if I have to have firepower on my side, well.

Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Great_fox

Also, Kobi, why do Eve ships look so fugly?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:27 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Keon wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Androm10

This is my favorite so far. Just purely on pretties.

The ship is pretty cool looking. But it is a fifth of the size of Atlantis, and has much less firepower. Not to mention Atlantis' wormhole drive, which has to be the coolest piece of technology (in my opinion) in all of sci-fi.
Does it have less firepower? I haven't seen Atlantis wipe out all life on a planet in 2 minutes. Their drones, while incredibly agile and accurate, don't seem to be that powerful either.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Keon wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

The ship is pretty cool looking. But it is a fifth of the size of Atlantis, and has much less firepower. Not to mention Atlantis' wormhole drive, which has to be the coolest piece of technology (in my opinion) in all of sci-fi.
Does it have less firepower? I haven't seen Atlantis wipe out all life on a planet in 2 minutes. Their drones, while incredibly agile and accurate, don't seem to be that powerful either.

That's just the Nova bombs (I don't know, I'm assuming that's what you're talking about). You could just as easily give the Nova bombs to Atlantis, while drones wouldn't work on the Andromeda without major modifications.

Anyway, I would like to let this video do the talking:

There. Drones win.
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

Location : Aboard the Dov-Class Super Star Destroyer Glories Wake

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 6:25 pm

The Sun Crusher!

Armorment:

Resonance torpedo launcher

11 resonance torpedoes

Laser cannons (5)

Tractor beam projector

has the power to blow up Stars!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 6:32 pm

lordjacob1 wrote:
The Sun Crusher!

Armorment:

11 resonance torpedoes

Laser cannons (5)

Tractor beam projector

Spoiler:
You forgot to mention that it's indestructible.

Last edited by Last_Jedi_Standing on Wed May 16, 2012 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

Location : Aboard the Dov-Class Super Star Destroyer Glories Wake

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 6:35 pm

oh yeah, lol
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 6:47 pm

I find your lack of faith in physics disturbing.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 6:58 pm

Keon wrote:
I find your lack of faith in physics disturbing.
Is this about the Sun Crusher?
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Keon wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Spoiler:

That's just the Nova bombs (I don't know, I'm assuming that's what you're talking about). You could just as easily give the Nova bombs to Atlantis, while drones wouldn't work on the Andromeda without major modifications.

There. Drones win.
Atlantis never had that many drones.

Plus, if you give nova bombs to atlantis, you need to give them the nova bomb launchers.
If you give the drones to the Andromeda, you need to give it the chair as well. Problem solved. Fact is if we go around saying "Ah well this ship's got awesome firepower but I can just take its weapons and put it on my own" then this entire thread is pointless since we might as well just take the best of EVERY ship and put it in one.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:10 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Keon wrote:
[quote="Avenger_7
Spoiler:

There. Drones win.
Atlantis never had that many drones.

Plus, if you give nova bombs to atlantis, you need to give them the nova bomb launchers.
If you give the drones to the Andromeda, you need to give it the chair as well. Problem solved. Fact is if we go around saying "Ah well this ship's got awesome firepower but I can just take its weapons and put it on my own" then this entire thread is pointless since we might as well just take the best of EVERY ship and put it in one.[/quote]

That's a GREAT IDEA!!!

Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Bastar10
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 9:24 pm

I am amused.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:08 am

Pat Best wrote:
I am amused.

Likewise.

No. That's ridiculous. It would look like this:

Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Future_spaceship_440
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:09 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
lordjacob1 wrote:
The Sun Crusher!

Armorment:

11 resonance torpedoes

Laser cannons (5)

Tractor beam projector

Spoiler:

The Sun Crusher has to be the single most overpowered thing EVER!!!
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:42 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
lordjacob1 wrote:
The Sun Crusher!

Armorment:

11 resonance torpedoes

Laser cannons (5)

Tractor beam projector

Spoiler:

Yes. That's the point. It has small guns, so they flew it through a Star Destroyer's bridge. The Sun Crusher was undamaged. But there was only ever one, and it was a prototype, and as expensive as the Death Star. They eventually threw it into a black hole. It was the only way they could think of to destroy it.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:05 am

Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 250px-Sun_Crusher-NEGWT

Nothing to be scared of, folks.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
lordjacob1 wrote:
The Sun Crusher!

Armorment:

11 resonance torpedoes

Laser cannons (5)

Tractor beam projector

Spoiler:

Troll....

That's actually pretty funny.
Yes. That's the point. It has small guns, so they flew it through a Star Destroyer's bridge. The Sun Crusher was undamaged. But there was only ever one, and it was a prototype, and as expensive as the Death Star. They eventually threw it into a black hole. It was the only way they could think of to destroy it.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Milky Way replicators + Nova bombs = Sun Crusher
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:25 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Milky Way replicators + Nova bombs = Sun Crusher
Sun Crusher = Your empire burning, very briefly, and then nothing but LJSI.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Why LJSI? You intend to make the Sun Crusher?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Blue Typhoon   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:51 pm

The Blue Typhoon:
Spoiler:

Dimensions: not known (most likely cruiser)

Top speed: SuperWarpRing-FTL-Engine

Power Supply: Master Emerald Power Core (You could say it is powered by the Force)

Armament:
1 Sonic Power Cannon (a variant of an accelerator cannon)
1 twin plasma beam ermitter
1 "Scatter Laser" (no more information available)

History:
Originally built to battle flying fortresses in atmosphere, the Blue Tyohoon later got modified to serve as a spaceship due to the Metarex-crisis.
The Crew during this main voyage was: Captain Miles "Tails" Prower, Ammunitions and Weapons Officer Sonic Hedgehog, Engineering Officer Guardian Knuckles Echidna, Shields Operator Cream Rabbit, Sensor Officer Christopher "Chris" Thorndike, Navigation Officer Amy Rose and Mission Officer Cosmo Seedrian.
After Several months, the Typhoon and its crew managed to defeat the Metarex and saved the universe from being altered into some bad place.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:27 pm

I will say, it looks cool.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:48 pm

Why would you post a 'ship' from Sonic the Hedgehog? IMO, it's horrendously over designed and ugly as sin. I know it's your personal taste, but...it's like the Bronies claiming My Little Pony as a sci-fi franchise...
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Plus, it sports palm trees on the bow...
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 10:28 pm

Spoiler:

The GTVA Colossus
Spanning 6 KM long from Bow to Stern, it took 25 Years to complete. Width is unknown, but it is massive.

History

The first combat deployment of the Colossus was against the Neo-Terran Front. It can be truthfully said that it was the Colossus that was the ultimate factor in the NTF's collapse. NTF forces proved to be no match for the Colossus and her battle group, and the rebels made every effort to avoid direct combat with the warship. With his fleet shattered, and the remnants being actively pursued and destroyed by the Colossus, Admiral Aken Bosch gave the order to flee GTVA space to the relative safety of the nebula beyond Gamma Draconis.

With the NTF defeated, the Colossus was finally to fulfill the role her designers had envisioned for her: the defeat of a second Shivan incursion. However, as it turned out, the challenge was not to be SD Lucifer-class superdestroyers, but rather the even more massive SJ Sathanas-class juggernaut. Twenty years of constant struggle finally culminated with the Colossus's destruction of the Sathanas, all at the cost of moderate damage to the Colossus.

All would have been well was it not for the Shivans possessing multiple juggernauts. In the closing stages of the Battle of Capella, the Colossus was deployed to interdict Shivan traffic at the Gamma Draconis jump node in Capella to divert enemy forces and attention away from the Bastion, which was en route to collapse the jump corridor to Epsilon Pegasi. The ploy succeeded, as the Shivans first deployed a SD Ravana, then a SJ Sathanas to engage the Colossus. In her weakened state, it was obvious that the Colossus would not survive an engagement with another Sathanas-class juggernaut, and Allied Command ordered the Colossus to withdraw.

However, with the success of the Bastion's critical mission in doubt, the Colossus disobeyed the direct order from Allied Command, and refused to disengage. Subsequently, the Colossus was destroyed with the loss of all hands. The thirty-thousand officers and crew of the Colossus willingly sacrificed themselves to ensure the continued survival of the billions of individuals making up the Terran and Vasudan species, and ultimately, the Galactic Terran-Vasudan Alliance.

Specifications

Sub-Light engines: 4 Large Ion Drive Engines, capable of accelerating the ship at a rate of 25 Meters/Second.
FTL Drive: Black-Hole Drive. This expands an infinitely small black hole to a size where it barely engulfs the ship and forces it through it's wormhole, then shrinks it again. Gravity field cancelled out by large Gravity Field Manipulator.
Armor: Repellon-Grade NeoSteel Armor.
Shield: 3 Terra class Shield Generators mounted on board.
Carrier: Can hold 60 Fighter and Bomber wings on board, 120 in all.
Weapons: 45 Laser Turrets, 15 Flak Turrets, 12 Missile Batteries, and 12 Beam Cannons
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 10:33 pm

Fenway wrote:
Spoiler:

The GTVA Colossus
Spanning 6 KM long from Bow to Stern, it took 25 Years to complete. Width is unknown, but it is massive.

History

The first combat deployment of the Colossus was against the Neo-Terran Front. It can be truthfully said that it was the Colossus that was the ultimate factor in the NTF's collapse. NTF forces proved to be no match for the Colossus and her battle group, and the rebels made every effort to avoid direct combat with the warship. With his fleet shattered, and the remnants being actively pursued and destroyed by the Colossus, Admiral Aken Bosch gave the order to flee GTVA space to the relative safety of the nebula beyond Gamma Draconis.

With the NTF defeated, the Colossus was finally to fulfill the role her designers had envisioned for her: the defeat of a second Shivan incursion. However, as it turned out, the challenge was not to be SD Lucifer-class superdestroyers, but rather the even more massive SJ Sathanas-class juggernaut. Twenty years of constant struggle finally culminated with the Colossus's destruction of the Sathanas, all at the cost of moderate damage to the Colossus.

All would have been well was it not for the Shivans possessing multiple juggernauts. In the closing stages of the Battle of Capella, the Colossus was deployed to interdict Shivan traffic at the Gamma Draconis jump node in Capella to divert enemy forces and attention away from the Bastion, which was en route to collapse the jump corridor to Epsilon Pegasi. The ploy succeeded, as the Shivans first deployed a SD Ravana, then a SJ Sathanas to engage the Colossus. In her weakened state, it was obvious that the Colossus would not survive an engagement with another Sathanas-class juggernaut, and Allied Command ordered the Colossus to withdraw.

However, with the success of the Bastion's critical mission in doubt, the Colossus disobeyed the direct order from Allied Command, and refused to disengage. Subsequently, the Colossus was destroyed with the loss of all hands. The thirty-thousand officers and crew of the Colossus willingly sacrificed themselves to ensure the continued survival of the billions of individuals making up the Terran and Vasudan species, and ultimately, the Galactic Terran-Vasudan Alliance.

Specifications

Sub-Light engines: 4 Large Ion Drive Engines, capable of accelerating the ship at a rate of 25 Meters/Second.
FTL Drive: Black-Hole Drive. This expands an infinitely small black hole to a size where it barely engulfs the ship and forces it through it's wormhole, then shrinks it again. Gravity field cancelled out by large Gravity Field Manipulator.
Armor: Repellon-Grade NeoSteel Armor.
Shield: 3 Terra class Shield Generators mounted on board.
Carrier: Can hold 60 Fighter and Bomber wings on board, 120 in all.
Weapons: 45 Laser Turrets, 15 Flak Turrets, 12 Missile Batteries, and 12 Beam Cannons

It doesn't look blocky or strange at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?   Greatest Ship in Science Fiction? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greatest Ship in Science Fiction?
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next