Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The Banhammer

Go down 
+26
torrentialAberration
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Heeltripper
Joel
Avenger_7
Captain stufuzzycat
Red Fang
blockman42
xanex21
Iv121
Last_Jedi_Standing
Pat Best
Keon
Groot
Commander Kobialka
Admiral Rekiin
Commander Error
hiloser12221
hyperlite
ACH0225
Laibach
Dux Tell31
lukas_schjodt
Tiel+
The Schmetterling
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

The Banhammer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
This one actually fits better for a fighter than a cap-ship.

No, the fighter is slimmer.

What would your ideal capital ship look like then?

And it isn't specifically a capital ship, but a psychological weapon, designed to intimidate the enemy. It isn't designed for normal travel or combat, just appearing in the middle of a fray, and destroying everything; friend, foe, space-junk, small moons.
That is its purpose.

Well it is NOT intimidating to me as long as it is in minecraft.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 pm

Oh say it to the creeper Razz . Anyway when a 10km long giant slashes through your fleet with it's main cannon you might at least afraid for the integrity of your ships ...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Iv121 wrote:
To intimidate the enemy ? I have a genius design then ! 8--
It's simple , effective weapon to f*** your enemy hard !
Place the prime cannon in front and 2 heavy lasers in the balls to prevent the enemy from flanking you !

It doesn't need a single functioning gun on it! That's the best part!

All the memory slots of the core are taken up by shields (well, plus the 10 memory slots for the gravity manipulation device, plus a few mandatory things). With 80-90 tier 6 shield, you will get 80-90 million shield points.

When the gravity manipulation device (hence forth GMD) is activated, it will be able to pull in all other objects around it and crush thm into the immensely powerful shields. Or push them away, and crash them into each each other.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:43 pm

And what's about infeltration ? If someone gets on your bridge (piece of cake as you don't even have flack guns) you will find yourself facing your own weapon ...) Your ship also seems to be too expensive to become ever real unless you cheat which brings us back to the discussion on the futurecraft empire page . I know it feels good to be the most freaking powerful but soon enough you'll find yourself with no one to play with .

Last edited by Iv121 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:10 pm

If you plan to go serious with the Banhammer here is my vision of it:

The Banhammer - Page 4 Scan005
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Iv121 wrote:
That... that's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:22 pm

Beautiful. Let's make it 5km long. The basic shape is easy, and the complex parts will give it detail.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Iv121 wrote:
This one actually fits better for a fighter than a cap-ship.

No, the fighter is slimmer.

What would your ideal capital ship look like then?

And it isn't specifically a capital ship, but a psychological weapon, designed to intimidate the enemy. It isn't designed for normal travel or combat, just appearing in the middle of a fray, and destroying everything; friend, foe, space-junk, small moons.
That is its purpose.

THe fleet around it is the long range support. We just sit at long range and watch the carnage. We also tent to repairs, emergency power supplies, backups for everything, fuel, maintainance, ect. Not fighting so much.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:42 am

Keon wrote:
Beautiful. Let's make it 5km long. The basic shape is easy, and the complex parts will give it detail.

I agree. Awesome drawing, the fins may need to be modified though.

I don't want it any longer than 1km long, it has to fit into the city-ship's main dock, for much faster travel.

Remember that the Banhammer itself is not so much a ship as it is a weapon.

Also, forget about the gravity manipulation device in this version, I want this on to have guns. Lots and lots of things that explode.

Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:02 am

I knew you'll choose to add those Smile . That banhammer I drew has currently 3 visible hard points - The forward Prime cannon is located inside the ship's hull with it's triangular barrel located in the front opening. The Visible hexagons on each side of the ship are the heavy forward BEAM cannons. As they are located on the sides of the triangular hull they face both forward and to the sides which allows the ship to engage multiple enemies or concentrate on one enemy in front of it. Those cannons also prevent the enemy from flanking the ship. There will be probably many smaller cannons on it that I didn't draw, some torpedo launchers etc. As it's deployed from a bigger mothership I don't think it needs a fighter bay or a hyperspace drive which saves some space and allows to direct all energy into it's cannons. The problem with such a design is it's slow deployment - I believe your cityship is not blessed with high speed and hyper-drive recharge rates...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:40 am

Iv121 wrote:
I knew you'll choose to add those Smile . That banhammer I drew has currently 3 visible hard points - The forward Prime cannon is located inside the ship's hull with it's triangular barrel located in the front opening. The Visible hexagons on each side of the ship are the heavy forward BEAM cannons. As they are located on the sides of the triangular hull they face both forward and to the sides which allows the ship to engage multiple enemies or concentrate on one enemy in front of it. Those cannons also prevent the enemy from flanking the ship. There will be probably many smaller cannons on it that I didn't draw, some torpedo launchers etc. As it's deployed from a bigger mothership I don't think it needs a fighter bay or a hyperspace drive which saves some space and allows to direct all energy into it's cannons. The problem with such a design is it's slow deployment - I believe your cityship is not blessed with high speed and hyper-drive recharge rates...

The city ship is blessed with one of the most powerful hyper-drives ever created, and also on of the most powerful shields ever created. However, it has little offensive power besides the ships it carries (and a few turrets here and there). It is based of Atlantis, if you didn't figure that out yer (but is quite different to).

The Banhammer will need its own hyper-drive, because I don't want to be wasting all the power required to send the city-ship into orbit every time an enemy is about.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:17 am

Then it's a fully operational ship and not just a weapon . I still hardly Imagine a City-ship moving fast. It will require half of it to be one giant engine ...
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:57 am

Iv121 wrote:
Then it's a fully operational ship and not just a weapon . I still hardly Imagine a City-ship moving fast. It will require half of it to be one giant engine ...

Maybe a huge anti-matter reactor?
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Iv121 wrote:

-snipptiy-

WHY CAN'T I DRAW STRAIGHT LINES

anyway I think this version looks better, although in the side picture the fin-wing-side things look a bit low
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:33 pm

I actually forgot to add the fins (Stabilizers , but I think they're both the same aren't they ? ) in the side picture Razz .
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Heh.

*Deploys elite saboteurs to the massive antimatter core*

And that ship is epic, Iv. Do you take design classes or something?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Nop , I'm a modder though working with Skyrim . It's sort of an art I guess so you just have the feeling of what looks right and what not. Maybe it's just something within. People say I'm better with accurate subjects such as programming rather than Humanistic ones ... Oh I dunno actually ... I just know I was once promoted to a Media team supervisor for two reasons : I knew ho to get things done and I knew how to get them done well .
Back to top Go down
Red Fang
Recruit
Recruit
Red Fang

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Could I build some smaller ships similar to this new design? I will give it a shot in solo mode, and upload pictures.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:49 pm

Wow that looks pretty epic. I like the second design better. I would like to help, but for some reason I still don't have the IP to this server of which you speak.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:13 pm

stufuzzycat wrote:
Wow that looks pretty epic. I like the second design better. I would like to help, but for some reason I still don't have the IP to this server of which you speak.

the server is dead...
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 1:33 pm

blockman42 wrote:
stufuzzycat wrote:

the server is dead...

This thread is, too. Unnecessary necro.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
stufuzzycat wrote:

the server is dead...

This thread is, too. Unnecessary necro.

We must stop stufuzzycat's necroing ramage!
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 8:39 pm

stufuzzycat wrote:

Your necroposting displeases Arial...
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Okay, I'll stop. I just like looking at older threads.

But now I know your buttons, hehe...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:39 pm

stufuzzycat wrote:
Okay, I'll stop. I just like looking at older threads.

But now I know your buttons, hehe...

Not mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Banhammer
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next