Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The Banhammer

Go down 
+26
torrentialAberration
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Heeltripper
Joel
Avenger_7
Captain stufuzzycat
Red Fang
blockman42
xanex21
Iv121
Last_Jedi_Standing
Pat Best
Keon
Groot
Commander Kobialka
Admiral Rekiin
Commander Error
hiloser12221
hyperlite
ACH0225
Laibach
Dux Tell31
lukas_schjodt
Tiel+
The Schmetterling
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

The Banhammer - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 2:27 am

Okay. I am resurrecting this thread. As soon as the new Imperial Server is up, we will devote most of our attention to the BH. We need it done. My skills at shipbuilding have most likely reached their zenith, so there's no point in waiting so I can continue evolving my style.

Iv, you have good skill at drawing. I like your design idea, but it isn't quite right. If we use that design of yours as the head, we can have a long body ending in a bulging tail/engine section similar to that on a Aurora Class Battle Cruiser.
There also needs to enough space to fit my giant cannons.

Elmo's battle cruiser is around 4.5 kilometers long (I think). It looks extremely flat, as he only had 128 blocks of height to work with. We have double that to work with, and we need the design to fit. I want the BH to be at least 2km long using IV's modified design.

Iv, if you would be so kind as to modify your drawing... please?

Also, I advise you look at this topic. Specificaly the Spear of Orion carrier:
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com/t823-ship-designs
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:28 am

So what exactly do you want to modify ? And 2km is a bit too much, even if there is a ship 4.5km long size doesn't always matter. For example your huge cannons I saw, I will probably send in a squadron of heavy bombers to launch torpedoes into those tubes. Actually I could send frigates in right away as this cannon is too big to hit them at short range.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:06 am

Iv121 wrote:
So what exactly do you want to modify ? And 2km is a bit too much, even if there is a ship 4.5km long size doesn't always matter. For example your huge cannons I saw, I will probably send in a squadron of heavy bombers to launch torpedoes into those tubes. Actually I could send frigates in right away as this cannon is too big to hit them at short range.

Okay, but the original BH was going to be 1.2 km long and 1km wide, so if this one is narrow, it really isn't that much bigger. The ship needs to be that size so the giant cannons make sense. As I said, the body needs to be a lot longer, with an engine area at the back similar to an Atlantean Battle Cruiser.

And Iv, bombers and frigates wouldn't work for several reasons:

-They would impact against the shields and explode
-The Banhammer has fighter squadrons, which will take out smaller ships.
-These are only the anti-capital ship cannons (which are also used for orbital bombardment).
-There will be dozens of the two types of turrets which I had on the previous BH
-There will be hundreds of anti-fighter/missile turrets.

Anyone who just sticks giant guns on their ships and nothing else is a fool.

Edit:
Last post in every sub-forum! Yeah!

Last edited by Mackeroth? on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:06 am

Anyone who relies on big ships and nothing else is a fool. Raw military power won't win you battles. What is the use of a banhammer that just exits hyperspace and gets blown up with a nuclear mine ? or a banhammer without turrets. It doesn't matter if you have strike craft as long as I have a critical mass of bombers they strike craft won't be able to stop me on time. You will need to prepare the land for your banhammer to strike.

Edit: Not for long Razz .
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 6:50 am

Iv121 wrote:
Anyone who relies on big ships and nothing else is a fool. Raw military power won't win you battles. What is the use of a banhammer that just exits hyperspace and gets blown up with a nuclear mine ? or a banhammer without turrets. It doesn't matter if you have strike craft as long as I have a critical mass of bombers they strike craft won't be able to stop me on time. You will need to prepare the land for your banhammer to strike.

Edit: Not for long Razz .

You cannot fight the Alterans, Ivorious. We are the past, present, and future. We are what is: we are what has been and is yet to come.

Preparation is not required for the Lux Finem to fight, for It does not. By our hand and power It will cleanse you of what makes you mortal, so that you may see what we see, feel what we feel and know then why we are what we are.

We are immortal, you are not. We are gods of this reality, you are not. The Lux Finem is merely our voice of peace in a cosmos of war. An instrument of war, an instrument of peace. A means to an end. Your lives are nothing to the cosmic balance. You cannot fight us, for to do so is to fight yourselves, as you are part of us.

The Lux Finem is unreachable to mortals; it can destroy their consciousness through its very presence that you so narrowly label as a paradox.

We have endured millions of cycles, we will endure you.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:43 am

Wait, there's a new server coming? Awesome, when is it going to be up?
Back to top Go down
Heeltripper
Heeltripper

Location : Probably at my desk typing a message just like the one you just read that lead you to look to your left and read this right now!

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:06 pm

Are you guys still building this? I would love to help if I can, meaning you allowing me.

(Sorry I didn't take the time to read all 8 pages...)
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 12:57 pm

Heeltripper wrote:
Are you guys still building this? I would love to help if I can, meaning you allowing me.

No, no one has even tried to build it.
Back to top Go down
Heeltripper
Heeltripper

Location : Probably at my desk typing a message just like the one you just read that lead you to look to your left and read this right now!

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:00 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Heeltripper wrote:

Is it still in consideration? Or is is canceled, or just never stated?
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:07 pm

Heeltripper wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
Heeltripper wrote:

Is it still in consideration? Or is is canceled, or just never stated?

Mack is trying to build it, but it should really be done by a group of people.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:11 pm

No s*** he tries to make it 2km, have you ever seen 2km ? It's freaking huge , too big to make it high quality by only one man.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Iv121 wrote:
No s*** he tries to make it 2km, have you ever seen 2km ? It's freaking huge , too big to make it high quality by only one man.

Too bad we don't have a server.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:16 pm

I think he said he'll start doing it once the new Imperial Server is up, whatever that is.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:25 pm

stufuzzycat wrote:
I think he said he'll start doing it once the new Imperial Server is up, whatever that is.

The server will be up in two days.

I'll be submitting my modified version of Iv's design when I can, it has slots for 10 turrets and a shallower profile. I'll also be including a rough subsystem schematic and instructions for a building process.
Back to top Go down
Heeltripper
Heeltripper

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
stufuzzycat wrote:

I'll be submitting my modified version of Iv's design when I can, it has slots for 10 turrets and a shallower profile. I'll also be including a rough subsystem schematic and instructions for a building process.

Sweet. Two days eh? So the fun should be starting soon then....
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 5:04 pm

Ooh, 2 days! What will the IP be?
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 6:09 pm

stufuzzycat wrote:

All shall be revealed in time...
Back to top Go down
Heeltripper
Heeltripper

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
stufuzzycat wrote:

All shall be revealed in time...

Its been five minutes.. Pwz?

lol jk, But cool, and thanks.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:40 pm

wow. still?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:05 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
stufuzzycat wrote:

Excellent! Whenever suits you then...
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:28 pm

I haven't had time to draw lately, so I'll try I do it once I get home. I think my server's height limit is 512, so that should help a bit.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Server has been pretty active, looked at Iv's design, it is good, I am sure everyone on will want to help, lets make it!

Edit: Sky limit is not in 500s, it is standard.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:43 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Server has been pretty active, looked at Iv's design, it is good, I am sure everyone on will want to help, lets make it!

Edit: Sky limit is not in 500s, it is standard.

The config file lies.

You should wait for my design and steps before building it on the server.one thing you can do is start on the frame for the bow, but exact dimensions are always handy.

Last edited by Avenger_7 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Shocked Send the Banh... Another flaw of creeperhost?
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:02 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Shocked Send the Banh... Another flaw of creeperhost?

They seem to be pretty good so far, but 256 should be fine IMO. The Banhammer will be using all of it and be between 1 and 2 km long. My dreadnought will be the same rough length, but it has a much lower profile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Banhammer
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next