Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The Banhammer

Go down 
+26
torrentialAberration
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Heeltripper
Joel
Avenger_7
Captain stufuzzycat
Red Fang
blockman42
xanex21
Iv121
Last_Jedi_Standing
Pat Best
Keon
Groot
Commander Kobialka
Admiral Rekiin
Commander Error
hiloser12221
hyperlite
ACH0225
Laibach
Dux Tell31
lukas_schjodt
Tiel+
The Schmetterling
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

The Banhammer - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:31 pm

The Doctor wrote:
The moderating fleet essentially is the alien race. Have you thought of it that way?

Anyway, we need to focus on building it, then worry about what it does later.

Do you guys like this design?

Spoiler:

Going with a cloaked design, I see. Very nice. Your best design yet! Razz

Last edited by Laserbilly on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 5:47 pm

It seems to ber a link to Gmail ...
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 6:37 pm

The Doctor wrote:
No. That's a terrible idea. These are issues that need to be resolved, and ones that will very much shape what this mod will be when it's released.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Executor Nom Anor wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
No. That's a terrible idea. These are issues that need to be resolved, and ones that will very much shape what this mod will be when it's released.

Maybe, but this is a thread about a spaceship. Start another one if you want to talk about Futurecraft politics.

As for the image, I don't see the problem. The picture is there for me...
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:25 pm

I can't see it either, but I'm on an iDevice so it might just be a bad file format. Always upload in jpeg?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Mackeroth, save the image to the computer and use upload image. The Banhammer - Page 10 Picture_save
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 3:14 am

It is in your mailbox ? couse I said it leads me to Gmail and obviously oly if I'm logged to your mailbox I will see it. So unless you plan to give me the password upload it onto some image hosting site.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 6:23 am

Here we go!

Spoiler:

Also, I built a scale model on the server. If you need to find it, take a map from your inventory. It is in the top right hand corner. To the right of the Constitution (Star Trek ship). I don't think that'll be the final design, it would mean it can only be a bit over 500 blocks long.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
I hate that idea and tiel's just seems too constricting. You're limiting the freedom of the player. In a game like minecraft, that's political suicide.

1) I don't see how my idea constricts anyone in any way.. 2) And somehow a fleet of omnipotent moderator ships is the very semblence of freedom, riiiiiiight. Rolling Eyes

Iv121 wrote:
It's not minecraft. I see a need in a way to balance factions as there will be some huge and powerful factions and small new teams of people who just want to play with their friends. If those guys won't get a chance they won't play. Big factions should be troubled with invading forces that shit their attention from the smaller factions. It will also give them a challenge so they won't get bored smashing newbs.

If you read my post, not only will the ubers likely be fighting themselves as opposed to noobs, the noobs can just choose not to build a gate and remain in their own solar system, ala just playing with their friends. I sincerely doubt the what minecraft's running on can handle massive random alien invasion fleets, anyway.

The Doctor wrote:
The moderating fleet essentially is the alien race. Have you thought of it that way?

No, because that way of thinking is a lie unto itself. You're proposing a wing of moderator controlled capitol ships led by your own personal dreadnought to impose artificial restrictions. This whole concept of a 'Futurecraft Empire' and its powers is just going to ruin the game, I can see it. You and I both know that in time these 'attacks' won't be random.

I have nothing against you guys making a faction for yourselves but granting it heightened status is just unfair to everyone and anyone who chooses to play the mod.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:26 pm

There is nothing to it, no need to argue so much.

Look at EVERY factions or pvp server out there, do they go and destroy the large powerful factions stuff, simply because they have too much? They have level 50 armor and swords and everything diamond, with 30 members, they still aren't killed by the administration. Futurecraft should be no different.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:20 am

Yea yea the admin stuff is out already, moderation ... futurecraft is not minecraft anymore you can't compare the two, it is more complex, ad making a solar system for each group of people ? (Each solar system is a server BTW which costs money ... ) . Most people can't effort that and so they will be in the same playground as the big guys.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:55 am

Iv121 wrote:
ad making a solar system for each group of people ? (Each solar system is a server BTW which costs money ... ) . Most people can't effort that and so they will be in the same playground as the big guys.

You're making a trend of stating the obvious. Please stop.

Iv121 wrote:
Yea yea the admin stuff is out already, moderation ... futurecraft is not minecraft anymore you can't compare the two, it is more complex,

And just how are they not one and the same? Aside from the new ships and new blocks and space, they're both minecraft at the core. Even if they were two different games, one doesn't have the administration romping about ruining the things people have spent creating for either.

The best Minecraft servers have discreet admins who do nothing but observe and chatter amongst themselves as to who needs a ban and such, and never use their powers foolishly, if at all, as they're not needed for a proper moderated environment. In futurecraft, these 'powers' are the Banhammer and this supposed Moderator Fleet and Futurecraft Empire. This Futurecraft Empire and its craft are the equivalent of a 12 year old casting /smite and /nuke every 4 seconds on random unsuspecting player. Avenger, you argued that you didn't want flying dongs making your mom jokes and killing you because you didn't laugh at them.

Well, at least you have a chance at defeating them. Were this person a moderator, s***'ll hit the fan. Of course, you'll say there'll be some sort of system of complaining and such. But in time it'll be hard to discern which are legitimate complaints about power misuse and butthurtedness about something a moderator did. The best way to avoid all of this is to simply eliminate moderation entirely and merely let the game itself handle the rules, rather than a human prone to foolish urges.

I'm not saying the people who put their blood and sweat into this mod shouldn't gain any power over where it goes, but I'm against any sort of OP faction being created with any sort of heightened powers. As I've said, hacks and such can be handled on the back end, and I'd rather whatever admins we have be discreet as far as moving about and dispensing judgement. They'd also have to be trustworthy, not your best friend Bob Saunders from school. Hence my suggestion that only the original dev group be granted this admin status, people who've proven themselves to be mature and care about where the mod goes. This means no moderation fleet or 'aliens', nor the concept proposed that every faction has to register with the FCE. You can go ahead and call your faction the FCE and have the Banhammer its ship-homeworld, perhaps even make it free with MCEdit or some other tool, but I'm staunchly opposed to anything beyond that. No moderator fleet, no armadas of battlecruisers, no 'high council' that decides what goes on in the universe, and especially none of this dictating universal friend or foe crud.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 7:52 am

This thread is about a spaceship. Create another one about how Futurecraft should be run, before I do it for you.

And you really don't want me to do that.

Back on topic:

Does anyone have any plans for the Banhammer? I still can't think of a good design. In the meantime I have been amusing myself with terraforming. It is a lot easier than I expected, and so much fun.

Do you think perhaps the Banhammer should be a hybrid organic/built ship, like a wraith ship? Because that would be so epic. Just unbelievably epic. In fact, it is so epic, that your head might explode if you think about it for longer than 10 seconds (which apparently is impossible for a teenager to do).
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:10 am

So you plan to assassinate Frostbyte ?
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:13 am

The Doctor wrote:
Here we go!

Spoiler:

Also, I built a scale model on the server. If you need to find it, take a map from your inventory. It is in the top right hand corner. To the right of the Constitution (Star Trek ship). I don't think that'll be the final design, it would mean it can only be a bit over 500 blocks long.

Did you get the idea for that from this action figure? Because this is the first thing I thought of when I saw it:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:42 am

Iv121 wrote:
So you plan to assassinate Frostbyte ?

The aye-aye specializes in extracting "defended resources", such as nuts and burrowing insects.

In the case of nuts, it uses it rodent-like incisors (front teeth) to chew threw the hard outside, and then uses its skinny middle finger to scrape out the seed. With coconuts, they will even splash out the milk with their finger. (They use the same technique with eggs.)

In the case of burrowing insects, they use their skinny middle finger to tap on wood and listen with their bat-like ears. From the tapping, they can hear the hollow sound echo back where grubs have burrowed under the bark. They then chew a hole in the bark and underlying wood and use their skinny middle finger to fish out the grub.

We poison his food supply?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:11 am

The Doctor wrote:
This thread is about a spaceship. Create another one about how Futurecraft should be run, before I do it for you.

This thread is about the spaceship that'll lead the ostensible moderator fleet, it has plenty to do with the topic by extension. And if you'd be so kind.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:19 am

Can we plot to murder frost here?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:48 am

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT ?!
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:30 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Can we plot to murder frost here?

You would murder Futurecraft by doing so.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:50 pm

I... I think Fr0st is flipping us off, but just impossible to tell with these creatures.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Tiel wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

This thread is about the spaceship that'll lead the ostensible moderator fleet, it has plenty to do with the topic by extension. And if you'd be so kind.

Look. I make this game, I want to play. You guys over at LJS industries have a fleet. Why can't we?

Anyways, you have played factions with me. When did the powerful factions ever go for the powerful factions? No, they will prey on the weak. Sure, the weak can hide in their server and build an army, but that just leads to the Terran Turtle. I hate terran turtles. So we need some way to make the powerful not fight the weak. Now, my idea of Altera/Fuzzy should work. Nobody commented on that. What do you think.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Keon wrote:
Tiel wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

Look. I make this game, I want to play. You guys over at LJS industries have a fleet. Why can't we?

Anyways, you have played factions with me. When did the powerful factions ever go for the powerful factions? No, they will prey on the weak. Sure, the weak can hide in their server and build an army, but that just leads to the Terran Turtle. I hate terran turtles. So we need some way to make the powerful not fight the weak. Now, my idea of Altera/Fuzzy should work. Nobody commented on that. What do you think.

Small, weak factions can ally with larger factions for protection until they are more powerful.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:38 pm

@ The Doctor
i'm willing to donate some fighters (mine) to the project if you like
and if you use mcedit i can give you the schematics
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:51 am

catsonmeth wrote:
Keon wrote:
Tiel wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

Small, weak factions can ally with larger factions for protection until they are more powerful.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Did you ever play factions? Alliances are fake. Even factions are fake unless you have a real friend in them. It's one sided. It won't work. Why ally when you can kill and force them to submit?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Banhammer
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next