Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The Banhammer

Go down 
+26
torrentialAberration
Ivan2006
Laserbilly
Heeltripper
Joel
Avenger_7
Captain stufuzzycat
Red Fang
blockman42
xanex21
Iv121
Last_Jedi_Standing
Pat Best
Keon
Groot
Commander Kobialka
Admiral Rekiin
Commander Error
hiloser12221
hyperlite
ACH0225
Laibach
Dux Tell31
lukas_schjodt
Tiel+
The Schmetterling
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

The Banhammer - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:56 pm

Executor Nom Anor wrote:
The Banhammer was my idea. I'm glad it took off like this, although it no longer has much to do with what it was going to be originally.

Which was what?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Executor Nom Anor wrote:
The Banhammer was my idea. I'm glad it took off like this, although it no longer has much to do with what it was going to be originally.

Which was what?
It was going to be the second Coruscant-class battleship that LJSI built. It would have been given to Mack when the mod came out. I don't even have plans for a Coruscant-class ship anymore. LJSI's most powerful ship will be the Mandalore-class dreadnaught. And he's building his own Banhammer. So yeah. It was sorta my idea. I was at least the first one to envision Mack's flagship as a dreadnaught called the Banhammer.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:27 pm

The Supreme Mackeroth wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Why are you changing the name? I thought banhammer sounded great for what it was going to be. Using Latin just sounds like you're trying too hard.

I think it should be Exilium Malleus, because it means Exile Hammer. It also sounds pretty awesome.

"Hammer of Exile" comes out as "Malleus Exilium" How do you find that? We could call it "Mortem Malleus": "Death Hammer"?

Google.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:37 pm

How about "Super awesome OP moderator ship of Justice?" Sounds like a good name.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:34 pm

The Banhammer could base 'elite' members and the devs but no more. The ideal minecraft smp environment is that of an anarchy, and that should apply to futurecraft as well. The only real thing to moderate is hacks/cheating, etc, and those can be handled on the back-end without imposing yourself on everyone.

So what I'm saying here is that once FC takes off there will be no global moderators, etc. Everyone will be equal, even the devs, though they may elect to create their own faction for them that will have no extra powers compared to all the others. If someone acts like a cock they'll be spurned for it, just like in real life society. Maybe implement a global chat filter to block inflammatory terms, but that's it. Aside from server admins regulating the technical side of solar systems each host there should be no form of moderation. Players can create their own factions, wage genocide, etc.

But the Banhammer could serve as a base for the 'dev faction' in lieu of serving as an overpowered admin dreadnought gallivanting across the galaxy and generally being a nuisance to anyone who wants to play the game.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:18 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:
The Banhammer could base 'elite' members and the devs but no more. The ideal minecraft smp environment is that of an anarchy, and that should apply to futurecraft as well. The only real thing to moderate is hacks/cheating, etc, and those can be handled on the back-end without imposing yourself on everyone.

Yeah but this is more fun.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:26 pm

The banhammer would be used to kill ugly ships. Can't believe you missed that, Tiel. Doc said it back when he was Doc.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:34 pm

Keon wrote:
The banhammer would be used to kill ugly ships. Can't believe you missed that, Tiel. Doc said it back when he was Doc.

I was wondering how they would deal with the giant flying penis problem.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:59 pm

Obviously....

Anyways, look at the ships on this forum. Many of them look like giant flying penises. How will you judge what was meant to be a ship and what was meant to be a penis?
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:15 am

Keon wrote:
Obviously....

Anyways, look at the ships on this forum. Many of them look like giant flying penises. How will you judge what was meant to be a ship and what was meant to be a penis?

Someone needs to sig that...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 4:51 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
Keon wrote:
Obviously....

Except then I will need to ban them for the mass-use of inappropriate language. As it is a mild offensive term, it is fine singularly, but to have it displayed hundreds of times on numerous topics? No way!

Anyway...

The Banhammer and other moderator controlled vessels are essentially the police of the galaxy. There will be laws in place over the galaxy, and if a faction is breaking them, rather that banning the entire faction, we send in the Banhammer. It is possible to defeat the moderator fleet, but extremely difficult.

I think that will make policing more fun for both sides.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:19 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Keon wrote:
Obviously....

Except then I will need to ban them for the mass-use of inappropriate language. As it is a mild offensive term, it is fine singularly, but to have it displayed hundreds of times on numerous topics? No way!

Anyway...

The Banhammer and other moderator controlled vessels are essentially the police of the galaxy. There will be laws in place over the galaxy, and if a faction is breaking them, rather that banning the entire faction, we send in the Banhammer. It is possible to defeat the moderator fleet, but extremely difficult.

Make sure you are somehow able to recreate the Mod Fleet if it gets destroyed in less than 10 minutes.
Otherwise there might be a rebellion.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:37 am

Ivan2006 wrote:
Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Keon wrote:
Obviously....

Anyway...

Make sure you are somehow able to recreate the Mod Fleet if it gets destroyed in less than 10 minutes.
Otherwise there might be a rebellion.

Yes, that is why it is the Mod fleet. The ships are very powerful to begin with, but if they do get destroyed they can just be respawned. However, if defeated in battle, the mod fleet won't attack that planet again until the next offence.

Plus, a mod ship can be spawned at any time by any Universal Moderator if they think that there is foul-play at hand.

Really, instead of going "Ban!" to an offender, we will go "Attack and destroy!" to the offender.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:37 am

So basically you are saying the moderator fleet can be beat and punishment can go unfixed.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:10 pm

No no no no. No moderators. That's just crap. The galaxy can handle itself without a group of overpowered people poking their nose into everything.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Tiel wrote:
No no no no. No moderators. That's just crap. The galaxy can handle itself without a group of overpowered people poking their nose into everything.

You sure there shouldn´t be reaction to like....

A giant flying NAZI-flag or something?

You really don´t want mods to do something against a genital- shaped fleet?

I don´t understand you.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 4:14 pm

If you really want to make sure no factions get too much advantage without giving a feeling of unfairness I suggest creating an alien race that will invade systems you choose. If they repel the attack congratz they won fairly the right to be better, if not it solves your balance problems. Also as reward they can provide alien technology for our tech tree. We can actually convert the banhammer project into creating their capship which will be more threatening and lore stuff than an actually active ship , as bringing 2 km long Giant to finish off factions is not so fair.

Actually besides invading the targeted systems they can invade random neutral zones and the players will be rewarded for fighting against the threat. If they fail the aliens siege the planets in the system making them unusable until the system is liberated by taking out the aliens. Prizes are given for that too.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Tiel wrote:

You sure there shouldn´t be reaction to like....

A giant flying NAZI-flag or something?

You really don´t want mods to do something against a genital- shaped fleet?

I don´t understand you.

There's no need for any moderation. If someone makes a nazi flag, let them. It only proves how petty they are. If someone creates a penis shaped fleet, it only proves their sexual orientation. Soon enough it'll either grow old or the general playerbase will develop their own social norms where such behavior is disdained. There's no need for any moderators whatsoever, or any other overpowered people presiding over.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 4:39 pm

I agree with Tiel. Having a fleet of moderators that destroy other people's ships is just wrong.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 4:54 pm

And the aliens ?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 4:56 pm

As long as their attacks are random, it'd be okay. If they were controlled by someone there are going to be problems, namely corruption and abuse.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Ok random invading aliens that screw up your plans - check Smile , prepare your turrets as someone is knocking on the backdoor...
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Tiel, we do not live in a utopia, we live in a world dominated by morons. I don't see how you haven't realized that.

Now, I happen to be a full-fledged political anarchist. The only advantage that I see for 'civilized' society is the development of technology. However, I'm not naive enough to believe that humanity could survive without inequality and that we would all help each other without some form of hierarchy. The same goes for minecraft. Because humans are, at our core, self-obsessed jackasses, we need some sort of moderation so one person with a strong server doesn't get an unstoppable fleet of dongs that flies around raping everything(pun intended).

Personally, I'd rather have someone sensible enforcing things than some random dick who makes 'your mom' jokes all day and destroys your world if you don't laugh.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 5:50 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Tiel, we do not live in a utopia, we live in a world dominated by morons. I don't see how you haven't realized that.

Now, I happen to be a full-fledged political anarchist. The only advantage that I see for 'civilized' society is the development of technology. However, I'm not naive enough to believe that humanity could survive without inequality and that we would all help each other without some form of hierarchy. The same goes for minecraft. Because humans are, at our core, self-obsessed jackasses, we need some sort of moderation so one person with a strong server doesn't get an unstoppable fleet of dongs that flies around raping everything(pun intended).

Personally, I'd rather have someone sensible enforcing things than some random dick who makes 'your mom' jokes all day and destroys your world if you don't laugh.

Have you ever been on a Minecraft anarchy server? It balances itself. I'd much rather have a fleet of dongs destroy my world then have a supposedly moderator faction destroy me because I did something they don't like. It only opens up the game to power abuse, which is not fun for the players.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:00 pm

And I don't see how your political views factor into this. The ideal Minecraft environment has always been a no-rules anarchy, at least according to the vanilla minecraftserver.jar. Bonds will be formed, enemies will be made...the only thing that ruins the modern pvp server is some stuck up moderator butting into everything, even engaging in PvP with heightened powers. I don't want that to happen in Futurecraft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Banhammer   The Banhammer - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Banhammer
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next