Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Driver question

Go down 
+6
Keon
ACH0225
fr0stbyte124
Tiel+
Danice123
Laibach
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

Driver question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:48 pm

I agree and I disagree. But I disagree mostly because most of my friends game on consoles anyway, so having a gaming PC doesn't do much for me (THEN WHY DID I BUY ONE....??? lol). It all depends how you game really, since I hardly ever sit down and actually play a video game anymore (I call it the modder's curse) when I do I want to play with my friends, who all play the xbox. I also enjoy the fact that an xbox doesn't have drivers or software that needs updating and that the games just plug and play. I know that I can go buy a game and play it on my xbox, where with my PC I'm a little iffy yet.

Maybe I shouldn't be discussing the best console to play video games on as I haven't played anything but minecraft (and that only to test mods and junk) for weeks now... I'm feeling some BF3 in my near future...
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Linux v Windows?

I'm in.

Look, Linux is win vs Windows on everything but gaming. And to solve that just have a Windows and a Linux OS on the same CPU.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Linux
- No Viruses
- Runs faster (DEPENDS)
- more open source

Windows
- Software
- Games
- Software
- Games
- Software
- Games

nuff said
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Software Compatibility
Games
Tech Support
Easy Drivers

Can't think of anything else. I used to be a major Linux fanboy to the point of ordering a Ubuntu lanyard, but then the novelty just died out. Really, you have a limited repository of software so the only good thing the OS is for is web browsing and light document writing.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:08 am

I think valve actually ported the source engine to linux

which would be amazing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:38 pm

I have to say something:

Anyone who pirates: would you just walk into a store and steal something? Would you go up to some guy and take his wallet? No? Then don't pirate.

Also, Macs are better than Windows.
Don't know about Linux and the others.

Last edited by Lord Mackeroth on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
I have to say something:

Anyone who pirates: would you just walk into a store and steel something? Would you go up to some guy and take his wallet? No? Then don't pirate.

Nice job reading the thread before commenting.

And no, Macs suck. I think we've already established that.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:43 pm

MACS SUCK
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
I have to say something:

Anyone who pirates: would you just walk into a store and steel something? Would you go up to some guy and take his wallet? No? Then don't pirate.

If I had the amazing power to turn things into steel, I'm sure shop owners would gladly welcome me in to steel their things, giving them a higher material value.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:00 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
I have to say something:

If I had the amazing power to turn things into steel, I'm sure shop owners would gladly welcome me in to steel their things, giving them a higher material value.

Hey, you make mistakes to. Then you respond by saying "my awesome brain was to awesome to be bothered by petty grammar."
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
I have to say something:

Hey, you make mistakes to. Then you respond by saying "my awesome brain was to awesome to be bothered by petty grammar."

Yup, but nobody comes up with awesome ways to make fun of other's mistakes like I just did. You guys just re-type my sentence with the mistake corrected and colored.

Awesomeness confirmed. What's your excuse then?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
I have to say something:

Hey, you make mistakes too. Then you respond by saying "my awesome brain was to awesome to be bothered by petty grammar."
JEDIT!

Last edited by Last_Jedi_Standing on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:04 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
I have to say something:

Hey, you make mistakes too. Then you respond by saying "my awesome brain was to awesome to be bothered by petty grammar."
JEDIT!

See what I mean? JEDIT is original at least.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
I have to say something:

JEDIT!

Thank you, thank you...
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Pat Best wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Pat Best wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
I have to say something:

JEDIT!

Thank you, thank you...

Made me chuckle first time I saw it. +10 points.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
I have to say something:

Anyone who pirates: would you just walk into a store and steal something? Would you go up to some guy and take his wallet? No? Then don't pirate.

Macs are terrible. I want an explanation.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:20 pm

For shame mackeroth...

Driver question - Page 2 AreYouKiddingMe
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:18 am

Tiel wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
I have to say something:

Nice job reading the thread before commenting.

And no, Macs suck. I think we've already established that.

Actually we DIDN'T establish that. I don't remember ever mentioning macs. They are a solid system, but apple's fierce control over anything and everything they make it kind of a turn off. Android > Iphone erryday.

And technically its not stealing, its sharing. I lend games to my friends all the time, for indefinite periods of time. Is that stealing? Actually yes it probably technically is stealing, according to the terms of you buying the game. Hmm... I defeated my own argument...
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:22 am

OSX doesn't adhere to all the standards that Windows does, which can cause unpredictable results, particularly in video games, and makes it an annoying platform to develop for. I wouldn't recommend it given other choices.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:26 am

Apple is a solid platform, but you don't own it. It's like existing, but only being able to control half of the things you do.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:04 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
OSX doesn't adhere to all the standards that Windows does, which can cause unpredictable results, particularly in video games, and makes it an annoying platform to develop for. I wouldn't recommend it given other choices.

Interesting. I had it the other way around. I seemed to think that Windows had no standards, while Macs were quite standardized.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:52 am

DOWN WITH APPLE!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Legion wrote:
DOWN WITH APPLE!

Funny how is Apple is increasing in sales and popularity, while Microsoft is deceasing rapidly.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:17 pm

It seems a bit like Nvidia, 5x the cost for 2x the performance

I dont like any OS's GUI after xp really(that I know of), the dock style is just too...

idk totalitarian

also everyone I know who likes apple (well, hates windows and uses a mac) is...

evil...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 9:32 am

There really isn't any reason to get a Mac. And Mack, look at the stock reports from 2006-11 and tell me there's any significant growth in Apple's market value.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver question   Driver question - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Driver question
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next