Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

I got a question

Go down 
+3
Buggy1997123
fr0stbyte124
aPerson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
aPerson

I got a question Empty
PostSubject: I got a question   I got a question Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Simple question, just wondering if this is being made to be used with modloader or something like it or just by its self.

If this is the wrong area srry :\
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

I got a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got a question   I got a question Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 10:19 pm

It will use modloader and possibly some other stuff too.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

I got a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got a question   I got a question Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 10:31 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
It will use modloader and possibly some other stuff too.
Actually, arn't we using Cubic Chunks for sure? And that gravity mod thing?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

I got a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got a question   I got a question Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 11:11 pm

Cubic chunks is likely, but I have to make sure it plays nicely with the LOD stuff.

Gravity mod is also likely but I wasn't going to mess with it until we were ready to do stuff with artificial gravity.
Back to top Go down
aPerson

I got a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got a question   I got a question Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 11:55 pm

sounds interisting and very hard with the multi-server aspect of it, well good luck with development

EDIT: one more question once again Razz, instead of bumping the topic SPACCEEEE or w/e it is, might as well ask it here, with the space thing, would all the chunks have to be loaded? Not sure how that works but I would think that would have a slowing effect on the server?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

I got a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got a question   I got a question Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 12:52 am

Chunks have to be loaded for you to see them. That didn't stop being a thing.

However, at long distance, what you are seeing won't be the normal chunks. Planet-scale surface will be a cartograph rendering pasted onto a sphere (or cube). Intermediate distances will be handled with a combination of marching cubes and a couple other experimental techniques I have on the back burner. Long story short, can't guarantee you will be able to see forever, but it will be a helluva lot further than what we have now. Performance is a big deal, so whatever we do, it will only be done if it doesn't hurt the framerate significantly.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

I got a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got a question   I got a question Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 3:40 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Chunks have to be loaded for you to see them. That didn't stop being a thing.

However, at long distance, what you are seeing won't be the normal chunks. Planet-scale surface will be a cartograph rendering pasted onto a sphere (or cube). Intermediate distances will be handled with a combination of marching cubes and a couple other experimental techniques I have on the back burner. Long story short, can't guarantee you will be able to see forever, but it will be a helluva lot further than what we have now. Performance is a big deal, so whatever we do, it will only be done if it doesn't hurt the framerate significantly.

Just saying, it probably wouldn't be uncommon to have space battles in which the ships are literally miles apart.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

I got a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got a question   I got a question Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 5:02 am

Not being able to see the ship you are fighting is probably realistic, but it doesn't strike me as terribly fun.
But whatever, I'll make sure it'll work.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

I got a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got a question   I got a question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 3:49 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Not being able to see the ship you are fighting is probably realistic, but it doesn't strike me as terribly fun.
What if radar.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

I got a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got a question   I got a question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:06 pm

Grand Imperial Thunder wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
What if radar.
What if radar-jammer.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

I got a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got a question   I got a question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Vinyl wrote:
Grand Imperial Thunder wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
What if radar.
What if radar-jammer.

What iif radar jammer jammer??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I got a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got a question   I got a question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got a question
Page 1 of 1