Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Grounded - Wastelands

Go down 
+18
Last_Jedi_Standing
Chapter Master Addeptis
Caramell
torrentialAberration
Delta
ACH0225
Commander Error
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Groot
blockman42
Hierarch Fenway
Soul of Jack
Julo
Pat Best
superninjakiwi
Luna
Emperor_Revan
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 2:55 pm

A few meters away from the ship, Jake hears the roar.
"Must resist.. My explosives aren't strong enough."
He walks inside the ship and heads for the storage area to get enough material for his improvised nuclear grenades.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:06 pm

Prototype does a routine scan of the ship, and notices a certain explosives expert searching the room where the plutonium fuel rods for the generator are kept

*sigh* "I see what he's doing, but thats all the plutonium we have, and we are going to need it, plus if he does succeed in actually making a nuclear device, he won't be able to get far away enough from the ship to detonate the device"

Prototype hacks into Jake's comm device

"Jake, I can see what you are doing, and I understand what you intend to do, but I am telling you that these rods are all we have, and A: we need them more than ever
B: they are only reactor-grade, you can't make a nuke out of that
C: you'll have to detonate it 20km away from the ship, and you'll need to lure the Lamentor there, and chances of you making it to 20km and surviving long enough to detonate it are 0, even if you take a high speed vehicle.

I am asking you to remove the idea that you can kill a feral MK-IV Lamentor on your own, for your own safety, and everyone elses"

"But I can do this" Jake responded

"No, If you had any chance of pulling this off I would support you, but you don't, now please stop raiding the fuel rods or I will have you detained on grounds of sabotage"

"so you're saying we should just sit here and wait to die" Jake responds, angrily

"No, I'm saying we fix the ship and get the hell out of here"

Prototype cuts off the connection to Jake's comms.

Another roar is heard, but it is further away...
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Jake sighed.
"So there is something really dangerous out there, it can only be defeated by a huge explosion, and I can't do anything."
Jake heard the other roar.
"Oh great, now there seems to be another. Please let there me some more radioactive stuff somewhere..."
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Jake, there is only one feral MK-IV, and it is highly mobile, and very hard to kill, take it from me, our best option is to repair the ship before it kills us

OOC: I'm trying to do something similar to "the beast" in Lord of the Flies, except there is actually a beast, not some psycological nonsense
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

Location : Probably being eaten bye tyranids on a unknown planet.

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:32 pm

Prototype wrote:
Prototype detects several crew members preparing to go on a search and destroy.

"fools, we don't have enough firepower to take down a feral MK-IV, you'll be ripped to pieces if it finds you go anywhere near it"

Prototype noticed something, strange, for he had seen MK-IVs run feral before, and they simply attacked on sight, whereas this one retreated, and considering these Biomechs cannot be cowardly, that means it still has part of its mechanical composition functioning, enough to make a tactical descicion, if the crew try to hunt it down, it will see them before they see it, what it would do next, well, Prototype didn't know.

Prototype remembers witnessing a single MK-IV take down entire platoons of space marines who had been called in to assist with the revolts, along with many combat mechs far bigger and stronger than the MK-IV

Prototype sends a message to all comm units

::MESSAGE START::
I see some of you are going on a little hunting mission, cease this immediately, I cannot stop you from going, but I can tell you if you do encounter the feral Lamentor, you will not survive, nothing short of a nuclear blast can shut one down once it has run feral, and last time I checked we are out of nukes.

If you want to be violently killed and torn apart, Go ahead, for you risk leading it back here, and you will endanger your crew members.
If you have any sense, STAY ON THIS SHIP.

OOC: addeptis, your suit has been partially repaired, but you are injured, head to the med bay or something.

OOC: oh ok thanks.

>>Addeptis wakes up within the medbay of what seems to a crashed ship<<

Addetpis: In the Emperor names where am I?

>>addeptis looks around the room<<

Addeptis: It seems i fell asleep at the drop pod site...and someone or something dragged me here....Hmm

Addeptis: Seems things just got a bit more interesting...>Looks for bolter and chain sword< Dam i cant find my wea---AAGHHHHHGH!!

>>>Addeptis falls off the med bay bed and onto his face aging.....<<<

Addeptis: INJECTION NOW! AGHH

>>injection process start<<

Addeptis: FOR FUCK SAKE *face palm* >Gets up<

>>looks around room more closely<<

Addeptis: oh look some medical equipment!

>>>starts grabbing medical equipment and taking it<<<

Addeptis:>starts injecting various medical fluids into arm<

power armor computer: analyzing new status..... over all body status stabilized...broken bones healing, internal bleeding stop...Eta time till full recovery..4 hours... Power Armour status partially repaired.

Addeptis: Well a least i can walk again..Now to find where they took me wea--->>> ::MESSAGE START::<<<
I see some of you are going on a little hunting mission, cease this immediately, I cannot stop you from going, but I can tell you if you do encounter the feral Lamentor, you will not survive, nothing short of a nuclear blast can shut one down once it has run feral, and last time I checked we are out of nukes.

If you want to be violently killed and torn apart, Go ahead, for you risk leading it back here, and you will endanger your crew members.
If you have any sense, STAY ON THIS SHIP.

>>>::MESSAGE END::<<<

Addeptis: *faceplam* why cant i get a break....

>>>Addetips leaves med bay and stumbles around hallways for a bit until reaching what he thinks to be the armory<<<

Addeptis: >>looks around room filled with different weapons<< There's my bolter and my chain sword!!! Now to get them off that ra---"What do you want?" said some big owl looking creature holding a bottle in his hand, starring at him with a gaze that could shoot right through a warhound battle titan....

Addeptis: This must be some dam joke. >grabs bolter and chain sword< >Walk over to the owl and starts tugging on its head thinking its a fake mask<........

Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:36 pm

"*sigh* All right, I'll try fixing the ship then. Anything with the weapon system I can do?"
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:40 pm

"That's my beak!"

"Take off that mask"

"Stop tugging on my face!"

"It's a mask!"

"I am a Strigiforme!"

Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Prototype to Jake, turret Alpha 7 has a faulty charge ignitor, I beleive you are quite good at handling these components, and I ask you to do what you can over, there if we can get a turret up and running, we could distract the MK-IV if it attacks

Prototype out

"why am I having to sort everything out, where is the bloody captain"

"And who the hell threw up in the corridor?"
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:45 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
"That's my beak!"

"Take off that mask"

"Stop tugging on my face!"

"It's a mask!"

"I am a Strigiforme!"

>>Addeptis lets go<<

Addeptis: In the emperors name what the hell is a Strigiforme?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:48 pm

The Strigiforme are a great and mighty race of avian species, such as yours truly. We are the dominant race wherever we go! Now, what do you need?
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 3:51 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
The Strigiforme are a great and mighty race of avian species, such as yours truly. We are the dominant race wherever we go! Now, what do you need?

Addeptis: Wait wait wait. So what you are saying is that your from race of giant owls?!?! And you a dominant race where ever you go? i find the 2nd statement hard to be leave......
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:06 pm

It's true. Never have we lost a war. Now, I assume you need a better weapon than that pansy peashooter. Looking for laser or ballistics? Close up or long range? Heavy or slightly less heavy but still very heavy?
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:17 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
It's true. Never have we lost a war. Now, I assume you need a better weapon than that pansy peashooter. Looking for laser or ballistics? Close up or long range? Heavy or slightly less heavy but still very heavy?

Addeptis: Nor has the Imperium of Man..... But we can discuss that at later date. As for the my weapon you must have no understanding of the emperors holy weaponry. Let me give you a history lesson owl. The Bolter is a large .75 calibre assault weapon. It has a much greater mass than most standard-issue Imperial weapons such as the Lasgun, although it is slightly shorter in length. Unlike most Imperial ranged infantry weapons, it lacks a stock, resulting in a grip much like a pistol's or a submachine gun's. A Space Marine's bulky Power Armour would make shouldering a stock an awkward experience, but Power Armour is most likely also able to compensate for vibrations and oscillation, making a stock redundant. Stocks are sometimes used, however, with an extended barrel and an M40 Targeter System to transform the Bolter into a sniping weapon system. These sniper Bolters, known as Stalker Pattern Bolters, are most often used with Stalker Silenced Shells.

Bolter ammunition (a bolt) is primarily a solid .75 calibre slug. Conventional solid slugs utilise a propellant charge contained in a casing that, when ignited, forces the bullet out of the barrel. In contrast, a bolt is self-propelled; it features its own integrated solid propellant that propels the bolt at high speeds, essentially acting like a miniature rocket. The propellant itself is shaped to control the bolt's direction and speed; however, this method of rocket propulsion would normally warp the barrel due to gas pressure. The Bolter uses an ingenious method to prevent this.

But enough of the history lesson. Could you reproduce my ammo for this weapon?( hands bolter round )
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:34 pm

Bah! Its a peashooter! I have a very nice heavy weapon that I can just remove the stock from. But, if you so insist.

*Places bullet in fabricator, which begins to cut and fill and clone identical bullets from raw materials like lead and iron.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:40 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Bah! Its a peashooter! I have a very nice heavy weapon that I can just remove the stock from. But, if you so insist.

*Places bullet in fabricator, which begins to cut and fill and clone identical bullets from raw materials like lead and iron.

Addeptis: I'll prove you wrong soon enough owl.>picks up bolter ammo and starts hand loading it into clips< Got any gasoline for my chain sword?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Boring! I have plasma blades! And no, gasoline is too primitive of a fuel source.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:50 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Boring! I have plasma blades! And no, gasoline is too primitive of a fuel source.

Addeptis: Gasoline is one of 3 fuel sources that can power it. i asked for it seeing as i do not what other power sources u have a available. And i beg to differ on the boring part owl. seeing a enemy rip part by your hands in a mountain of blood and gore can be very entertaining. But moving along do u have a power cell?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:56 pm

(over the intercom)

Hey, you two gun nuts, quit bickering and make yourselves useful, owl, you go meet Jake and help fix that turret, marine, make your way to the core room, I need to brief you on the situation, if you don't know where the core room is, just look at the walls, I've lit up a route from your location to here, just look for the line with ADDEPTIS on

Prototype out
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:58 pm

What kind? I have Yttrium power cells, lithium ones, a few AA batteries, and I might be able to dig up a fission cell. And besides, while gore is exciting, my personal blade kills them by spreading their atoms across multiple dimensions.

Errr.... Right away engineer!

'In his metal dreams...'

Let's sees.... What to bring.... Laser pistol, scrap iron, sword, hmmm...
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 5:18 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
What kind? I have Yttrium power cells, lithium ones, a few AA batteries, and I might be able to dig up a fission cell. And besides, while gore is exciting, my personal blade kills them by spreading their atoms across multiple dimensions.

Errr.... Right away engineer!

'In his metal dreams...'

Let's sees.... What to bring.... Laser pistol, scrap iron, sword, hmmm...

Addeptis: Yes lord.Owl toss me some of the Yttrium if you would those should be strong enough to keep it going for a bit.

Owl: Fine... >throws 2 <

Addeptis: Thanks >starts walking to core<

Last edited by Chapter Master Addeptis on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 5:56 pm

OOC: This is an interesting story, I would join but I would probably kill myself rabbit
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:01 pm

If you do join, you'd better be a chick.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:05 pm

I hope you mean ingame and not in RL, Perhaps a female AI? Besides what other job could I possibly do?
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Well, we need people who can fight and repair stuff.
Preferably both at the same time.

Last edited by Strategion Daynel on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Ship Harlot is always an available job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grounded - Wastelands
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next