Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Grounded - Wastelands

Go down 
+18
Last_Jedi_Standing
Chapter Master Addeptis
Caramell
torrentialAberration
Delta
ACH0225
Commander Error
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Groot
blockman42
Hierarch Fenway
Soul of Jack
Julo
Pat Best
superninjakiwi
Luna
Emperor_Revan
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:37 pm

Ramilius reconnects the power supply to the main cannons, and checks to make sure they are gaining power. When he sees that they are, he claps gleefully and giggles, then radios Prototype and informs him that the ship's cannons were back online.

OOC: In case you haven't noticed, Ramilius is somewhat unstable, and, ah, easily swayed.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:57 pm

After a long soak, Narzos woke.
As to not forget, he planned the cryo sleep in his process flow.
Thinking better of it, he decided to not go into cryo sleep. Instead he began walking towards the hangar in search of a craft that could get him out of there. Hopefully a fighter or shuttle. But if it came to it, he would use an escape pod.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:25 am

Arslan gave Pyrrith a quick glance, but decided to look for the fuel cells. He started down the hall, as he came to the hangar door he pondered weather to try and take some from the vehicles that might be in there but decided against it. He looked in a few supply closets, he found very little fuel. As he continued his search his leg was begging more and more attention. He decided to go to the medbay, assuming it was not destroyed in the crash.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 1:14 am

'Nes Had refused painkillers from the automaton. He saw this as an opportunity to hone his ability to ignore pain. He almost regretted it. After several hours of attempting to focus his thoughts away from the burns, he finally found an actual distraction. Footsteps. Approaching. Long, uneven strides. Not a reptilian, its footfalls were too light. Whatever it was, it was injured and probably didn't pose any threat.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:17 am

Prototype entered the medbay, to find a very uncomfortable Nes

"those painkillers are there for a reason you know"

"I'm trying to practice ignoring pain"

"when you are doing nothing but lying on a bed, such a thing is impossible for you organics"

"whatever, what do you want?" Nes asks impatiently

"you were part of the team that salvaged Addeptis's pod, right?"

"that is correct"

"where is his pod now"

"still outside, it was too big to move"

"dammit"

"why, what do you want with it"

"doesn't matter, well no it does matter, just not yet"

"hold on, what do you mean?" Nes asks, confused

Nes doesn't get an answer, for Prototype just stands up and leaves, his leg still damaged from the earlier attacks

Remotely, Prototype initiates the re-fuelling process for one of the scout hover bikes (that's right, we have hover bikes) in the hangar.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 9:56 am

Jack sent his Drones to the Hanger just in any tries to escape.He is standing at the destroyed mech.
"Huh whats moving?"
He saw the MK-IV reforming.
"Hmmm....Where's that AI core?"
He found the MK-IV's AI core and a new one from his pack.
"Just cut this wire here and...There!"
He replaced the old core with the New one.
"Now your all mine when you wake up."
He ordered two MK-76 Combat Drones to stand guard.Jack walks to Narzos body should have been.
"Why you little..."
He ordered two E-G930 two help repair the MK-IV.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:21 am

Kobialka began to walk to the hangar. there was always someone in the hangar. Maybe someone would tell him what to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:29 am

Kobialka wrote:
Kobialka began to walk to the hangar. there was always someone in the hangar. Maybe someone would tell him what to do.

OOC: You will see about 10 Drones when you walk in there as long as you don't try to escape you will be fine,Just a word of warning.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:53 am

The partly reformed MK-IV detects foriegn hardware. The mechanical AI core was never functional, the organic components had assumed control.

Jack's replacement AI core is read, and the Lamentor emulates the actions of the core, in order to prevent Jack from attacking it.

the drone cannot do anything to repair the MK-IV, its built in systems take care of that.

When Jack approaches the MK-IV again, it sits up and looks at him.

"you are mine now" Jack tells the MK-IV

"zzzt.... zzzz.... erro.... bzzt.... cor.... dys.... nal..."

"I repeat, you are mine now, you listen to me"

The Lamentor looks down for a few seconds, as its vocal components reform

"no"

The MK-IV swings a claw at Jack, landing a solid hit to his torso, with enough force to knock him out

The MK-IV tries to shoot down the drones, but its cannon isn't functional yet, so it simply swats them down, the two MK-79s open fire, but they are swiftly crushed by the Lamentor.

The Lamentor flees, its destination unknown.

Meanwhile in the hangar, Jack's other drones are attempting to stop Prototype from leaving, one of the drones arms its weapon systems, but is remotely overridden by Prototype (a benefit of half your brain being a computer), two of the drones open fire, but Prototype has already left the hangar, he points the hoverbike in the direction of Addeptis's pod, but hears something, coming from the explosion site.

Prototype sticks the hoverbike on full throttle, and heads out towards the wreckage of the Gladiator.

He finds an unconcious Jack, several smashed drones, and no biomechanical components anywhere

"****, its mobile"

Prototype tries to revive Jack, after about 20 minutes, Jack comes round of his own accord

"wh- what happened"

"you tried to salvage the Lamantor didn't you"

"I replaced its AI core, it should be harmless"

"the AI core wasn't operational in the first place, it wouldn't have made a difference"

"It would on any other robot"

"this isn't your normal robot, I'm not sure what the hell it is"

*Jack passes out*

"dammit"

Prototype loads Jack onto the back of the hoverbike, and speeds back to the ship
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Jake, who had fallen asleep in a corner while working on the hangar's electronic system, woke up at the sound of a hoverbike engine and guns firing.
Jake yawned and stretched, which every zuguthian does after waking up, no matter the situation.
"What the hell is going on here?"
He looks trough the hangars exit, and sees Prototype on a hoverbike going towards the explosion site.
"Where the hell is he going?"
Jake opens a communication channel to Prototype.
"Hey Proto, can you please tell me what the hell is going on? Why are you going to the explosion area? Oh and by the way, I think I fixed the hangar electronics."
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Jack sits up in his dream world.
"Well that didn't go well at all."
"Hello Jack."
Jack looks around to see Nex standing there.
"Hello Nex come to tell me something?"
Nex nods.
"Little is near and my time is short."
"Really?How,Where?"
"Here I'll show you."
They are both in a cave.
"What the...Nex?Nex?"
Jack looked around he didn't see him.But he heard him.
"Come on."
Two pics flashed before him.
One of the Cave and one of the ship with the Cave 1 mile away.
Jack eyes flashed open.
"Cave...Little...Nex..."
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

Location : Probably being eaten bye tyranids on a unknown planet.

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 1:24 pm

>Addeptis's thoughts<The Frestorians... After 2 century's of severing in imperial inquisition Death watch....I no much about Frestorians......back then they where called by diffrent name......In the cryptic account of the history of Mankind given by Cripias, one of the Keepers of the Library Sanctus of Terra, the Iron Men or Men of Iron were legendary, artificially intelligent humanoid machines created by humans during the Dark Age of Technology. Until shortly before the Age of Strife, the Men of Iron were loyal only to Mankind, and served as humanity's army in the period when much of human space was united by a federation-type government that existed before the Imperium of Man. The Men of Iron were developed after the similar artificially intelligent constructs remembered only as the Men of Stone, but before the "modern" conception of robots in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Eventually, the Men of Iron turned on their human masters, believing themselves superior to the humans who relied on the Men of Iron to do virtually everything for them. In the end, the Men of Iron were destroyed by humanity in a terrible war that extinguished countless lives and destroyed the ancient galaxy's economic and political unity. The people of that time swore to never again create advanced artificial intelligences, a prohibition which has survived unto the present, far darker age.

The effects of the Men of Iron's rebellion against humanity lasted into the current Age of the Imperium, where the use of artificial intelligence is banned and seen as abominable and heretical by both the Imperium and the Adeptus Mechanicus. However, Servitors and their variations (combat variants, heavy-lifters, technical assistants, etc.) are commonly used throughout the Imperium with the sanctioning of the Mechanicus' Tech-priests and indeed, Servitors were first developed to replace the Men of Iron. However, as Servitors are cyborgs created from cloned humans or from human criminals who have been mind-wiped and surgically-enhanced, they do not violate the prohibitions against creating truly artificial intelligences. But if what prototype says is true...then they built one last thing before they where wiped out......his race........

>>>goes back to working<<<
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Arslan limps into the medbay, and every impact on his injured leg sends searing pain through him. He must have done more than simply break his leg. The first thing that came to mind was infection.

"Zakthiin," he muttered the curse in his native language.

His eyes widened, he was never supposed to speak unless around friends, family, mates or The Council. His thoughts were drawn way from that as realized he was starting to fall. He passed out when he hit the floor of the medbay.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:07 pm

Prototype reached Addeptis's ruined pod, to discover the on board computer still functional. The security on the computer is very advanced this type of security is supposedly impossible to hack, impossible for an organic that is.

After 5 minutes Prototype has disabled the security, and is accessing the data arkives of the Imperium of Man, looking for information on O.M.I.C.s creators, and potentially a way to stop the Lamentor.

Prototype discoverd that the Frestorians were, in fact originally built by man.

"so I was built by a robotic race. That was built by another robotic race, that was built by man"

Prototype looks further into the arkives, discovering information about the war between the Frestorians and mankind, a war which saw the Frestorians pushed across the galaxy, eventually staging their final stand on a little planet, called CRH-4, the planet which fairly recently was obliterated by a reactor explosion, and ARK-1 was built in its place.

Prototype and O.M.I.C. Had origionally believed the Frestorians to be organic creatures at first, but the fact they were purely mechanical, changed everything.

"what if they are not dead..." Prototype thought, thinking that if they could build a machine such as the Lamentor, that they could still be alive.

He looks up data on Frestorians technology, all there is is a few vague descriptions, the Frestorians outdated the system.

The Frestorians were a powerful, violent race, yet O.M.I.C. Is peaceful, surely they would have designed O.M.I.C. As an instrument of war?, unless... maybe O.M.I.C. was needed for diplomatic reasons, or perhaps there was another system like O.M.I.C. That was made for war.

He hears the Lamentor's roar, it is not as loud as the other times, for the Lamentor is standing outside the pod.

The MK-IV recognises the escape pod, recognises its design, the only parts of its brain still functioning are of Frestorian design, and they recognise the pod as belonging to the ancient enemies of the Frestorians, and a different section of its brain boots up.

The Lamentor stares inside the pod at Prototype, but ignores his mechanical design, it's feverish brain temporarily designating him as an ally.

The Lamentor grabs Prototype, think he has been taken hostage, and removes him from the ship. The Lamentor proceeds to tear the ship into pieces, Prototype knows as soon as it has finished, it will return to its feral state, and there will be nothing more to stop that.

Prototype starts the hover bike, speeding back to the ship, taking a zig-zag path to avoid being followed.

Light years away, O.M.I.C. suddenly takes interest in the actions of his failed creation, in a split second, the entire structure of the cybernetic collectives information back collapses.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:35 pm

Jake wakes up again at the roar of the Lamentor.
He yawns and stretches, realizing he had fallen asleep.
"How in the name of Khun did I fall asleep again?"
Jake looks outside, towards the crashed pod, and sees the Lamentor just standing there.
"Oh. My. God." he whispers.
Jake starts his comm system at an open channel.
"The Lamentor... It's back..."

Jake runs towards the storage area.
"There's gotta be something radioactive there. I really need stronger explosives."
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Prototype reaches the ship.

Upon his arrival, he shuts the hangar doors, locking them.

His mind is suddenly bombarded by questions from the O.M.I.C. central system

"what are you doing MK-VIIc, explain" the voice of O.M.I.C. Shouts in his mind

"our creators, they aren't what we thought they were" Prototype shouts back at O.M.I.C.

"they aren't what you thought they were"

"so you knew they were like us?"

"we always knew"

"they why the big investigation into them"

"we are designed to protect them, so it is my duty to know of their status"

"but they are long gone"

"are they MK-VIIc, ask yourself, from what you know, are they all dead"

"first of all they are dead, second, shut up with the MK-whatever crap"

"moron, do you still think the Lamentor is one of us?"

"The Lamentor was built by the Frestorians"

"The Lamentor is a Frestorian, they were not all killed"

"so we have to stop them"

"stop them? I question your memory integrity MK-VIIc, do you not remember your purpose"

"I was built to save lives"

"whose lives?, you were built to restore the Frestorians, but you were a failure, you chose to serve other races"

"because that's how you made me" Prototype spat back at the seemingly omnipresent O.M.I.C.

"and you are my only failure" O.M.I.C. sighs

"well f*** you, I will make it my duty to see that your creators never return, they've killed enough innocents"

"when did I give you the capability to chose such morality MK-VIIc?"

"you didn't"

Prototype realises his physical body had collapsed, he looks up to see Jack and Kobliaka dragging him out of the hangar

"did any of you see it" Prototype asks

Jake is standing in the doorway
"yes, we all saw it, it turned tail and fled after you shut the doors" Jake tells him

"well I've just found out its much more of a problem than we previously though"

The three of them just stand there, shocked

Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Jack Root wrote:
Kobialka wrote:

OOC: You will see about 10 Drones when you walk in there as long as you don't try to escape you will be fine,Just a word of warning.

Kobialka walked in the hangar to see 10 drones. Luckily they didnt see him and he was able to duck behind a crate. He loaded his pistol and shotgun with incendinary rounds.

"Here we go."

Kobialka stood up and fired...
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:15 pm

OOC: I would highly recommend reading all the posts before making a new one, I sort of took care of Jack's drone like 6 posts ago, and the hangar has been locked down
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:15 pm

ignore my last post

Last edited by Kobialka on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:16 pm

Prototype wrote:
OOC: I would highly recommend reading all the posts before making a new one, I sort of took care of Jack's drone like 6 posts ago, and the hangar has been locked down

ah. and Jack wasnt found quilty I presume?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:20 pm

OOC;Jack attempted a stupid operation, and was knocked out, I brought him back to the ship, went off on my own found Addeptis's pod, hacked into it, the pod was attacked by the Lamentor and I escaped, locking down the hangar, and I then passed out, and got dragged out of the hangar by kobialka and Jack (I figured you would be in the hangar to witness all this
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:24 pm

Kobialka helped Jack drag Prototype out of the hangar.

"Prototype this place is sealed off."

"Did you guys see that?" Prototype asked.

Jack and Kobialka respond. They did. They stand there in shcok. What the Hell was it?

Well, Kobialka's job is security. He runs out after it.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:36 pm

Kobialka chases the thing down the corridor but never REALLY sees it. He only catches glimpses. It leads him outside. Kobialka stands there looking around.

"Where did you go..."

Something slashes across his right shoulder. Kobialka grabs it in pain and realizes... it's not there. His arm is gone! His hand comes away bloody. Kobialka falls to the ground. He had passed out from shock.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:47 pm

Prototype hears Kobialka scream, and rushes outside to find him, fearing that the MK-IV has got through the lockdown, and is on the ship.

When he arrives, he finds good news and bad news,

The good news is Kobialka was only attacked by one of the lizards that had attacked, instead of being attacked and butchered by the MK-IV

The bad news is Kobialka seems to no longer possess a right arm.

The lizard pounces on Prototype, who quickly dispatches it by ripping it throat out with one of his jigsaws, with the oversized lizard lying very dead on the floor, Prototype picks up Kobialka and his dispossessed arm, and carries him to the Medbay.

Great first that mech pilot, then Nes, now this moron, plus the potential threat of another galactic war, which would be started by Prototypes own race, things were really not looking good.

Prototype locks down all doors to the exterior, hoping to keep the Frestorian death machine known to most a the MK-IV Lamentor, outside

Last edited by Prototype on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:55 pm

Prototype wrote:
Prototype hears Kobialka scream, and rushes outside to find him, fearing that the MK-IV has got through the lockdown, and is on the ship.

When he arrives, he finds good news and bad news,

The good news is Kobialka was only attacked by one of the lizards that had attacked, instead of being attacked and butchered by the MK-IV

The bad news is Kobialka seems to no longer possess a left arm.

The lizard pounces on Prototype, who quickly dispatches it by ripping it throat out with one of his jigsaws, with the oversized lizard lying very dead on the floor, Prototype picks up Kobialka and his dispossessed arm, and carries him to the Medbay.

Great first that mech pilot, then Nes, now this moron, plus the potential threat of another galactic war, which would be started by Prototypes own race, things were really not looking good.

Prototype locks down all doors to the exterior, hoping to keep the Frestorian death machine known to most a the MK-IV Lamentor, outside

When Kobialka wakes, He finds that he can't feel his left arm. So his "bad dream" was real. He looks over to it, afraid of what he will find. He does have an arm though... He lifts it up so he can see. It's silver and made of metal. A robotic arm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grounded - Wastelands
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next