Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Grounded - Wastelands

Go down 
+18
Last_Jedi_Standing
Chapter Master Addeptis
Caramell
torrentialAberration
Delta
ACH0225
Commander Error
Tiel+
Ivan2006
Groot
blockman42
Hierarch Fenway
Soul of Jack
Julo
Pat Best
superninjakiwi
Luna
Emperor_Revan
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:36 pm

OOC: You guys can have me till Sunday I have to go to me dads house for Thanksgiving so....

Edit:Hello.I'm back.

Last edited by Jack Root on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:38 pm

Jack Root wrote:
OOC: You guys can have me till Sunday I have to go to me dads house for Thanksgiving so....

OOC: that's fine, we were planning to stick people in cryo tubes anyway
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Jake was in the hangar, installing the nukes on the missiles.
"These missiles aren't as complicated as I thought. This'll be rather easy."

After installing the nukes, he headed towards the med bay.
He opened a comm link to Prototype.
"So Proto, why do you want me to go to the med bay?"
"There is a dangerous virus loose, pretty similar to Ebola. It seems to be what made the Lamentor behave like it did."
"So the Lamentor is going to die?"
"No, I doubt it."
"So what would happen if I got that virus?"
"Well, you'd probably start running around blowing stuff up."
Jake thought for a moment, considered it as something bad, and started running towards the med bay.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 4:21 pm

OOC: Hmm am I not in the main medbay? Oh well.

Harold finnaly manage to pry off the panel, Suprisingly no one is paying attention to him, He then proceeded to rip out wires and reconnect them to others till the door wooshed up, He then walked out into whatever was outside.

OOC: Lalalalala, Hey look someone pointing a laser riffle at m- *pwoosh* Ow!.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 5:13 pm

An alert flashed up on Prototypes monitor
:::WARNING UNAUTHORISED OPENING OF AIRLOCK:::

Seems our stowaway found the exit, he won't last long out there.

Prototype almost left Harold to die out there, if it wasn't for the fact that if Harold attracted the Lamentor, they would all be screwed.

Dammit someone bring him in, I don't have time for this
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 8:20 pm

OOC: Who the f'ing hell puts an airlock in a special paitents room?
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 11:32 am

Error, wearing an O2 mask inside the depressurized medbay, was working away at a treatment for this..well, zombie virus.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 12:12 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
OOC: Who the f'ing hell puts an airlock in a special paitents room?

OOC: check your post, you say you step outside, for all you know your infected and are unable to comprehend where you are, so if you're going to complain, make sure your own stuff fits context first. Also the ship does still have a few holes, so to make things make sense again, you stepped out of a door that was sealed as a makeshift airlock due to the heavy damage to the ship, putting you outside.

BIC: Error, I have synthesised the correct protein to destabilis the virus, however, to get it to affect the virus, the protein has to be delivered by something, for example another virus.

I guess the term fight fire with fire is appropriate, but synthesising an entire virus takes significantly longer than synthesising a single protein.

However, Error, I've just analysed your medical scan, I can't tell for sure but there are a few unite tidied abnormalities circulating in your system, you may be infected, but you may not, if youe experience anything unusual, say so immediately, and I'll have to quarantine you, and perhaps put you in stasis.

*the insane screams of the Lamentor echo across the wastelands, Prototype starts speeding up his work*

Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 1:35 pm

"Initiate the quarantine, proto, but not for my safety. 'Cause of where I grew up, I'm immune to all known-and probably unknown- forms of ebola, along with several other infections."

Error continued working on a delivery system.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 1:46 pm

Sir, may I remind you this isn't Ebola, it is similar however the infecting agents are... Somewhat advanced for a virus, I am initiating the quarantine now, for even I am at risk to this one.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Jack looked at down at a Grate.He saw Proto.
'Not who I was looking for but whatever.'
He droped down but then Proto turned around.

OOC Edit: I'm waiting.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Proto knew Jack was there before he dropped down.

"Jack, may I have an explanation as to why you're crawling around in the vents, and not at the medbay where you were ordered to report to"

"why aren't you at the medbay?"

Prototype performed what is commonly known as a facepalm

"Jack I don't care what you are doing, everyone has to undergo a full scan"

"I've already been scanned"

"you need to be scanned again, we may have a bigger problem"

"the virus, I know"

"I'm not sure if it's strictly a virus"

"whatever"

Prototype continues on his way to the core room, to see if the atomic manupulators have been sucessful in creating the protein
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 1:38 am

"Cryo pod 07-Bay 3 has been activated," read the monitor stationed on the observation and control area of cryo bays 3 and 4, "accessing information on inhabitant of cryo pod."
>NAME: CLASSIFIED
>SPECIES: UNKNOWN
>DATABASE ENTRY: ERROR 404: ENTRY NOT FOUND
"New database entry for occupant of cryo pod 07 of cryo bay 3."
>CREATING NEW DATABASE ENTRY
>NEW DATABASE ENTRY CRATED
>ENTER DATA
"Name, Cronaeus. Species, Syrlaak. Information, expert hacker, skilled with guns, blades, and hand to hand combat. Occupation, former communications assistant, current communications officer."
>DATA ENTERED
>AWAKE SUBJECT?
The mysterious person pressed the "activate cryo pod" button.
The bolts of the pod opened, and released a cloud of steam with a hiss while the muffled sound of a weapon was heard. The speaker was now dead and disintegrated.
Cronaeus groggily stepped out of the pod and headed for the communications room. She had a duty, and that was to aid her commanding officer, Narzos. She could only hope he was okay.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:41 am

"Proto, It's a virus, but a genetically engineered one. There's no way this would appear naturally."
Error took a blood sample from himself and began checking it.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:19 am

OOC: Time to kick this thing, AGAIN.

Harold looked around outside and examined his surroundings, Some large annoying noise in the distance of some large probably dangerous thing. The ship looks like someone ripped it apart, The main section was there but small chunks of the hull had collapsed or been torn off lie on the ground around it.
"Dammit, This is what I get for becoming a Genetic Scientist, I get sent off on some scrapheap for some outer-rim station that's probably growing algae in a black hole or some other crazy stupid thing"
Harold after cursing at the dirt began walking towards where his room should be, On his way there he walked into a small field of strewn items that must've flown out of a cargo bay looking through it he saw something familiar, Picking up a small box looking item and exclamating "My Wrench!" dusting the item off and hurrying towards his quarters quickly.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:46 am

Cronaeus frantically ran through the halls to communications and was nearly there.

Last edited by Vinyl on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 2:43 am

OOC: 1. I'm outside, 2. No, 3. No, 4. You don't even know its called a wrench.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:53 am

Jake was starting to get thirsty.
The ship's water supply ran out a couple of hours ago, and there wasn't any water source nearby.
"Seems like we either have to start exploring this planet or make a water generator."
He then went to the storage area to gather some equipment.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:17 pm

:::Protein synthesis complete:::

Prototype took the small vial from its place under the atomic manipulator, after several failed attempts, a vaccine has finally been created to counter the virus sweeping the ship.

One more thing to do.

Nes has been in cryo for a few days now, he is the most resistant to the strain, but not immune, his biology is the strongest, and the most likely to survive if anything goes ill with the vaccine.

The administration procedure cannot be done inside though, if Nes has a bad reaction to the vaccine, the clean up might take weeks, and with most of the crew in stasis or in quarantine, such an eventuality had to be countered for.

Prototype wheels Nes's body to the cargo lift, initiating the procedure to exit the ship. The cargo door opens, and they descend to the planets surface.

Prototype spots Harold wandering around outside, and shouts at him to get back in the ship, but takes no further action.

Prototype loads the vaccine into the administration unit on Nes's cryo tube, starting the process to administer the vaccine into his bloodstream.

Five minutes later, he scans Nes's body for signs of the viral infection, and for any other damage.

Nothing, the vaccine worked like a miracle.

Prototype begins bringing Nes's body back on board, as he loads the tube onto the platform, he hears the Lamentor shrieking in the distance.

Prototype starts mashing the control buttons a little faster.

Once they are back on the ship, he returns Nes to the cryo ward, and informs Error of the sucess.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Error wasted no time in replicating the protein complex, and began administering it to patients.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 1:44 pm

Preparing to produce protein in large quantities, in preparation for de contamination of ship
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grounded - Wastelands   Grounded - Wastelands - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grounded - Wastelands
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17