Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Project: Shadow of Intent

Go down 
+6
Laserbilly
Soul of Jack
Talon
Captain stufuzzycat
Tiel+
hyperlite
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Project: Shadow of Intent Empty
PostSubject: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:37 pm

I am requesting help on building the "Shadow of Intent" Covenant assault carrier from Halo 3.

This is the ship:

Spoiler:

Now I will host a server and it will be with Tekkit 3 which is in the launcher. Found at technicpack.net.

It will be made on the same map as my destroyer.

Please, this is not the general forums server, only join if you really think that you can contribute to the build (or want to see my destroyer)

This will be:

1.Proportional
2.Big
3.Symmetrical
4.Extremely high standards

and so on and so on.

I do not want to make this thing any smaller than it is in Halo, which is huge. I want to make it as close to in game as possible. If I reject how you want it done take no offense, I am going to be extremely critical about how it is built.

Leave your best ship below. This will be your application.

It will be hamachi since I don't like to port forward so...

Hamachi : Will be sent to you in a pm if approved (only 5 slots)

Last edited by hyperlite on Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:44 pm

The Shadow of Intent is an Assault Carrier.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:46 pm

Fixed, there is not a big difference between them.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:46 pm

Why not Tekkit 3?
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:47 pm

My destroyer was made on the old one. I could use 3.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Ok. I don't know much about Hamachi, what exactly is it?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:49 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Fixed, there is not a big difference between them.

A Supercarrier is many times the size of an Assault Carrier. Long Night of Solace in Halo Reach was one of dem, you could see how bigass that was.

Project: Shadow of Intent 1000px-Assault_vs_Super_n_comp

(Assault Carrier is at the lower left, this is to scale)
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:50 pm

I am making the assault carrier. They look almost exactly the same but at different scales.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Also it will be made on Tekkit 3 now.
Back to top Go down
Talon
Talon

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 4:35 am

Oh Shadow of Intent! It is about 5 km long, how will you manage that? And Shadow of intentis an Assault Carrier not a Supercarrier. I'm gonna put my ship building in overdrive to be a part of this project.

I LOVE HALO Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 10:16 am

I will help to....If I can get Tekkit working.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:09 pm

You do realize that an aussult carrier is 700 metres high mincraft is only 248 metres high going by 1 block = 1 metre. unless you have a mod to add 462 metres to minecraft. but i am not sure if there is an SMP hight mod
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Hey, caltech's back! Have you put any more work into space station alpha? I still think it's the best looking space station on the forum.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:29 pm

caltech117 wrote:
You do realize that an aussult carrier is 700 metres high mincraft is only 248 metres high going by 1 block = 1 metre. unless you have a mod to add 462 metres to minecraft. but i am not sure if there is an SMP hight mod

I assume that it will be smaller, maybe a 1:5 scale, which will still be pretty large.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:32 pm

It is actually not that large. Go play the Halo 3 campaign, the level the Covenant, and after you take out the wraith on the beach, look at it fly in, it is very doable.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:53 pm

It IS that large...distance distorts size, hyper.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:58 pm

hyperlite wrote:
It is actually not that large. Go play the Halo 3 campaign, the level the Covenant, and after you take out the wraith on the beach, look at it fly in, it is very doable.

Not full size in vanilla Minecraft. It may look smaller in game (it's been a while since I've played), but it is huge (around 5 km long, 2 km wide, and 700 meters in height). Doable? Yes, but a mod is needed to increase the height of the build area.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:36 pm

Never mind you guys make it I don't want to have to dig way down to do this, I am bad at sizes, I have very bad depth perception.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:19 am

why don't you guys build a to scale model of this one: http://halo.bungie.org/misc/sloftus_covenantcruiser/
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:03 am

Because I had no idea that thing would be 230 meters tall, in minecraft most things are to a scale.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Someone should make a full-scale UNSC destroyer, like The Heart Of Midlothian or Iroquois . They can be built in vanilla.
Back to top Go down
Talon
Talon

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:32 am

catsonmeth wrote:
Someone should make a full-scale UNSC destroyer, like The Heart Of Midlothian or Iroquois . They can be built in vanilla.
Frigates look much better than destroyers and around the same size.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:45 pm

Talon93 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
Frigates look much better than destroyers and around the same size.

There are different classes of destroyers just like there are different classes of frigates.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Destroyers are at least 2x the size of a frigate according to the novel The Fall of Reach. Well, maybe length as opposed to height, but still. I'm a Halo nitpicker Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project: Shadow of Intent
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next