Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

Go down 
+23
Tiel+
Laibach
r2fart2
Beaner
Last_Jedi_Standing
ACH0225
Shiva
Cool3303
VelouriumCamper
hyperlite
Apokalypse
Tehblooper
Keon
GLaDOS
edvardbetsever
ectrimble20
killerofpie
alucardtowel
Hierarch Fenway
Buggy1997123
The Schmetterling
tonyri
fr0stbyte124
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What Shape should planets be?
Cube!
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 16 ]
Sphere!
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Vote_lcap57%SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 57% [ 39 ]
Dodecahedron even though it wasn't a choice!
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 68

AuthorMessage
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:46 am

The math wouldn't be that hard, actually. You have control of individual vertices when the chunk is rendered. It would just be a pain to implement.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:58 am

Would be cool to integrate the Nether and the End in the Cube
Like the MIne UP! mod

Ok Skylands won´t work outside so maybe they could be inside allowing you to Fly becase they are near to the Mid of the Planet
And there must be mor Iron cause you´ll need it to build the Ship. Other things would be to heavy not hard enough or would burn.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:48 pm

I think you have never mined that hard. There is a lot of iron in the worlds. And the Devs have promised mining ships and new ways to mine, most likely automatic. That should help.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:04 am

Iron's one of the easiest things on Earth to find... we'll have plenty. and mining machines to make us less bored mining.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Shiva wrote:
Iron's one of the easiest things on Earth to find... we'll have plenty. and mining machines to make us less bored mining.

Yes, we will be increase the frequencey of iron and some of the other ores, while greatly decreasing dirt and gravel.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:47 pm

But dirt and gravel are OBVIOUSLY the most useful things in the game!
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:56 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Shiva wrote:

Yes, we will be increase the frequencey of iron and some of the other ores, while greatly decreasing dirt and gravel.
Keep some dirt. But I am fine if you just remove gravel, unless it is needed for something. Just an annoyance.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:41 pm

You need Gravel For Flint Steel and you could need it for some other special things (flamethrowers?)
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Cool3303 wrote:
You need Gravel For Flint Steel and you could need it for some other special things (flamethrowers?)

So what you're saying is that in 2550, we'll still need flint in order to light stuff on fire? You know, I actually believe that since we still use a flint striker on your every day lighters (well unless you have one of those fancy click lighters with the battery arch).
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:44 pm

2550? Where did you get that? Out of a hat? I say we are in the stone age when we start. And then we mine until we poof craft a fighter before we ever discover the wheel.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Keon wrote:
2550? Where did you get that? Out of a hat? I say we are in the stone age when we start. And then we mine until we poof craft a fighter before we ever discover the wheel.

Wheel, whats a wheel? -1 Google later- That makes no sense in a cubic world, I think im going to go burn my retinas. Bye
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Keon wrote:
I think you have never mined that hard. There is a lot of iron in the worlds. And the Devs have promised mining ships and new ways to mine, most likely automatic. That should help.
In Star Wars, they use huge space-construction-masticator-factory-thingies. You just shove an iron-rich asteroid in one end, collect the iron plates that come out the other end, and shoot the leftover slag at the local star. That's how they built most of the Death Stars.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Wrong, good sir! They just asked me for help, and I built the first Death Star for them! Then SOMEBODY (i.e. Chell) killed me, and I couldn't help them with the second.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:18 pm

daman200 wrote:
Wrong, good sir! They just asked me for help, and I built the first Death Star for them! Then SOMEBODY (i.e. Chell) killed me, and I couldn't help them with the second.

Glados is male???

Anyway, I like Last_Jedi_Standing's idea. Seems like a smart way to do it. I would like it in futurecraft.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:54 pm

That's just a disguise. I am female. And you are going to die. Like this:

https://i.servimg.com/u/f42/17/12/88/60/this-d10.jpg
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:04 pm

Uhhhhhhh...

Space! We need to get back on topic! But the new on topic is thinking of space age interjections that are appropriate for children.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:03 am

Back
on the topic of which this thread isn’t going to not be about in the unforeseeable
future:
If you do not continue to evade me by not eluding me in persisting with not being
off the topic that this thread is not quite really not about than I will not
have to do something that isn't unfriendly towards those who did not follow my
instructions to betray me and ignore what I didn't say.

Confused?

You should be.
Back to top Go down
Beaner
Beaner

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:36 am

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Back
on the topic of which this thread isn’t going to not be about in the unforeseeable
future:
If you do not continue to evade me by not eluding me in persisting with not being
off the topic that this thread is not quite really not about than I will not
have to do something that isn't unfriendly towards those who did not follow my
instructions to betray me and ignore what I didn't say.

Confused?

You should be.

Don't you just love double negatives?

Anyway, why did everyone ignore what Frost said about ringworlds? Maybe some could be naturally generated, some others built like stations.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:30 am

Oh god. I can see ugly things happening because of that and die hard halo fans. Bad BAD things
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:39 pm

I like ringworlds. They should exist, but it would be coding hell. I mean, I know the devs have code-fu powers, but just stick to one world type for now.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Ring worlds would actually be a lot easier than spheres.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Oh, I can see that, I guess. But you still need spheres, cause ringworlds aren't natural.
Back to top Go down
r2fart2
r2fart2

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:16 pm

How about this: planets, moons, commants nada nada nada will be spherical. while a sun would be a cube. That way, you would still get abit of that blocky feel. (Not to mention the the sun in minecraft is already square).
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Keon wrote:
Oh, I can see that, I guess. But you still need spheres, cause ringworlds aren't natural.
Next up: Dyson Spheres!
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Keon wrote:
Next up: Dyson Spheres!

Oh, then centrifugal inside-out planets!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE   SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Members' Lounge-
Jump to: