Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)

Go down 
+15
Lightspeed
Admiral Rekiin
Emperor_Revan
Luna
Saravanth
Ivan2006
MrTargareyan
Caramell
Hierarch Fenway
Delta
ACH0225
DeadlyMiddie
Joel
Commander Error
Iv121
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Stop being such stuckups about it. Ponies are just as much a part of the lore now as owls, at least he's trying to fit it into the requirements.

My complaint is Earth. I don't know what the stance is on that but it'd be best to avoid having it as an integral part of your faction's identity.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 7:15 pm

I say just get rid of earth entirely, makes everything easier
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 7:42 pm

We tried that.

Up to cats, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:21 pm

As far as I'm aware, Earth is completely off-limits. It was lost at some point or another.

You cannot have alternate-reality Earth's either. They're just about the same thing. Be creative and have a different homeworld.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:40 am

The problem is how long can you avoid it ? Without connection to your real life, the story becomes meaningless. By blowing it up you just run away from the problem. TO be honest all the fuss you made about Earth was a fake one, pointless and worthless. NOBODY ELSE WANTED EARTH, so WHY THE HELL BOTHER REMOVING IT ? If there was someone esle who ever wanted it I would understand but otherwise you foolishly demolished my attempt at that minor thing, jsutr as surely as you blamed me demolishing it on this little fact.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:27 am

No one wants to destroy it. Just leave it out of your plot and we'll work it out later.

We're not picking on you; the same goes for everyone making a submission.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:10 am

Well then I kind of figured where to put it and put it in as the writer of the lore back there and nobody complained about where I put it but only about the fact I actually included it. Why did you complain about the fact I actually put it in ? For that question I will assume judging by your last post that the answer is not "because it's in Iv's faction"
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:02 pm

Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:05 pm

Did you ever consider that perhaps people don't want a link to the present in this fictional setting? The internet in general is an escape from the real world for many...the inclusion of Earth can come later down the line, but as it stands you're basically monopolizing the events of the past (and how they relate to where we are now) in your initial app, which isn't really conducive to finding a plotline we can all agree on later.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:06 pm

A story does not need to be tied to earth to have any meaning, that is just silly.
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Yeah, just think about star wars. It actually plays BEFORE earthlings.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:29 pm

The discussion is not about this, I asked you straight up about why you insist on Earth being blown to pieces, and saying "We need an escape from real world" I don’t buy it, I doubt you even believed in that when you wrote this.

I also doubt you hate Mass Effect because it has Earth as a leading motif in it. Yes it might sound like I contradict myself as Earth was actually blown there however in mass effect 3 its as I said before a driving motif, here it is meaningless, and in the end Earth is still reclaimed unless you choose the fourth ending.

Also LJS will prob kill me but I never liked SW Razz.
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Mh, just explain one thing to me, okay?

Earth - Why?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:43 pm

Iv121 wrote:
The discussion is not about this, I asked you straight up about why you insist on Earth being blown to pieces, and saying "We need an escape from real world" I don’t buy it, I doubt you even believed in that when you wrote this.

I also doubt you hate Mass Effect because it has Earth as a leading motif in it. Yes it might sound like I contradict myself as Earth was actually blown there however in mass effect 3 its as I said before a driving motif, here it is meaningless, and in the end Earth is still reclaimed unless you choose the fourth ending.

Also LJS will prob kill me but I never liked SW Razz.
I'm not pushing blowing up the Earth as the one and only option. That was merely a solution I suggested to resolve this issue.

As for your doubting me, well, I can't help you with that. At the end of the day majority rules, so I'm not too keen on going back and forth with you anyway. However, keep in mind that this is a purely fictitious setting...your obsession with Earth is kinda misplaced in a galaxy of giant birds waging war on space vampires.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 1:08 pm

Well that’s my thing, I sort of gave up on the birds, I managed to draw some more alien thing compared to that human with bird head you drew but owl aliens ... That is impossible, at least for me -.- . In fact I dont have much trouble with these. Ponies and dragons are another thing though I disagree to got that far.

We also got the cats (Heh figures we're collecting a zoo Razz) ... well my main problem with cat's cats is that they are too generic. They merely take a slot from a faction that could have helped to develop the lore, it wont change if they were or weren't in it, or in other words they are neither iconic nor memorable. I suggested him how to make them more memorable by chaging their attitude towards piracy: Most factions enforce law and order in their territory, protecting ships from pirace, now imagine his faction promoting piracy, that completely changes the rules of the game.

The pirates are renewed heroes and every kid on your planet wants to become a space pirate when he grows up. The government cant officially support piracy due to these annoying other factions and these pff "politics", however nobody forces your faction to stop pirates ... Your faction is also often related to espionage, sabotage and technology stealing. That is sure one hell of an image eh ?

Also its not exactly the majority rules, in our case it is 50/50 between the one who writes the story and the minority that is significant to the lore.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 2:30 pm

Iv, piracy is going to occur regardless of who promotes and who condemns it. Frankly, I'm not sure many people who would play the mod will even read the lore. It just adds some nive flavor text. so I really don't see why you're bitching.

@Earth - set FC in the Andromeda, Pegasus, or NGC-whateverthehell galaxy, problem solved. Terrans (if you wan tthem) came here on colony ships.

If that doesn't work, keep it in the Milky Way, but set Earth as a "neutral-controlled-by-everyone" place to minimize conflicts.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 2:48 pm

Fixed my app.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Well if you regard all I write as bitchin ofc you wont get it error. It won't matter if people read lore or not, but it will be a gameplay fact if one faction supports piracy and one doesn't and that is not only making the lore interesting but also is turning the whole gameplay in the faction's territory upside down, it is really significant, and it won't even matter if you read the lore or not, everyone will know whos the pirates of this galaxy, and the fact you can really know this without reading anything turns this piece of lore into strong. Anything you know about the lore without reading it is a strong piece of lore.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:20 pm

If piracy is supported its called privateering
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:27 pm

I fucked up, therefore I correct.

Irrelevant, as I learned shortly after:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Desdenova on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:28 pm

Earth still exists. It's the UTA's and exists mainly as a religious capital for humans. It's mostly uninhabited due to high levels of radiation in soil and atmosphere. Plant and animal life were severely diminished, but are slowly making a comeback because of accelerated mutation.

My word is the word of god.

Last edited by MercurySteam on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:44 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
Stop being such stuckups about it. Ponies are just as much a part of the lore now as owls, at least he's trying to fit it into the requirements.
Agreed, unfortunately this means I can't have a powerful figure to guide my important characters.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:48 pm

@Iv: the Combine usually has at least one civil war going on between the Nobles. Mercenary work and privateering are high on the list of career options. It's not a lawless congregation, though, conflict is how it maintains its stability.

Owls are already walking the line. No ponies. I say this definitively.

E: Also no AUs, they complicate things.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:36 pm

MercurySteam wrote:
@Iv: the Combine usually has at least one civil war going on between the Nobles. Mercenary work and privateering are high on the list of career options. It's not a lawless congregation, though, conflict is how it maintains its stability.

Owls are already walking the line. No ponies. I say this definitively.

E: Also no AUs, they complicate things.
One. AU?
Two. I'm writing an alternate canon universe with no ponies and no Ivans (copyright claim). Currently there is only Cavnin, Darkstar, Neo-Roman, and Strigiforme.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:40 pm

Luna wrote:
One. AU?
Alternate Universe
L2Internet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)   FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FutureCraft Lore 3.0! (probably)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next