Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

KSP Thread

Go down 
+19
Buggy1997123
Laibach
Pat Best
Keon
Tell
Caramell
hyperlite
Soul of Jack
ACH0225
Joel
MrTargareyan
Iv121
Hierarch Fenway
Tau
Tiel+
Groot
Ivan2006
Delta
Ljubljana
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

KSP Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Cool, I just made a 2-Kerbal SSTO on my first try, pics incoming. It's in 0.21 because my wireless is crappy and cuts off the download most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 6:33 pm

I love the feel of actually doing the basics again.
I am currently working on constructing a probe capable of landing on (and transmitting data/returning from) the Mun.
I need dat science!
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 6:44 pm

I've been busy. Haven't gotten around to playing 0.22 yet.

As for everyone else, good job!
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Just bought KSP, Last time I played was .13 when like .14 or .15 just came out. Anyone wanna tell me what to expect while the 17min launcher downloads? lol! 
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:50 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
Just bought KSP, Last time I played was .13 when like .14 or .15 just came out. Anyone wanna tell me what to expect while the 17min launcher downloads? lol! 
You'll be playing a whole new game. Act like it.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:55 pm

Tau wrote:
_Shadowcat_ wrote:
I guessed so from what I've seen it looks like C7 flight pack became standard? Also planets, Everyone bitched about wanting planets back in the day. Boy I remember when you had to settle for the moon son.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 7:59 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
Tau wrote:
_Shadowcat_ wrote:
I guessed so from what I've seen it looks like C7 flight pack became standard? Also planets, Everyone bitched about wanting planets back in the day. Boy I remember when you had to settle for the moon son.
C7 pack is standard. Bac9 (KSP modder known for making B9 Aerospace) joined the team a while back, made a whole new Space Center that actually looks decent. New terrain. 6 new planets, a new moon for Kerbin, and 7 other new moons around other planets. Reaction wheels (used to be the SAS units) take power to run now. Unmanned vehicles. A runway. Science. Actual landing legs. Subassemblies for the VAB and SPH.

Pretty awesome shit, especially after upgrading from 13.3.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 11:24 pm

Jeb died... In his honor five space cadets were violently killed in a shuttle crash also worldwide rioting has started and civil war has broken out, the economy is failing and famine and disease is spreading as a result of the loss of Jeb.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 1:31 am

Don't worry they return eventually.
I must've killed Jeb at least 5 times.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 2:46 am

Well, after 6 hours of the new updates carrier mode, I've managed to get some crappy command pod satellites into orbit :/ well, a wonky one anyway Very Happy I think I might need to practice ksp a bit :/
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Carrier mode? Did this become future crafts avatars child? :O
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 5:55 pm

XD career mode, I spelt it wrong on iPad and it autocorrected
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 6:00 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:
iPad
I didn't know Apple supported KSP
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 7:03 pm

I've been playing

I love mystery goo (TM). It's so... mysterious
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 1:05 am

Robotnik wrote:
I've been playing

I love mystery goo (TM). It's so... mysterious
I've ran out of things to do with mystery goo, Gona farm the Jr. Science Lab till I can make a stable orbit then get to the mun.

Also I love how I can take Jeb out to get an EVA report for science, and a test sample for Science, And a crew report for science. Got damnit I love science.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 1:18 am

I've got seven different landing sites on the Mun alone, and I've still got a couple more to go, and need to revisit old ones since unlocking new science technologies to unlock even more science.
A single trip to the Mun with Mystery goo and materials lab yields over 400 science points.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:00 am

I've landed twice, each yielded about 800 science with 2 science labs, 4 goo canisters. 1 Man ship.

Now have enough parts unlocked to create my normal lander, but...

The springs on the landing legs. I love them and hate them at the same time. They cushion your descent, but their tension isn't strong enough to prevent my engines from being squashed. They sit at the most compressed level for my normal 3 man lander, which makes the design useless.

Any tips? Do I need less weight or something? It's very annoying.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:23 am

I'm jealousy, I haven't even updated yet.
EDIT: Updated, currently have 3 rockets, 1 subassembly, 13 research in the bank, performed 3 flights, lost 0 Kerbals, and my tech tree looks like what's below.
KSP Thread - Page 8 Tech_t10
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:39 am

My first kerbin exploration plane thingy, max speed of 700 m/s, and a ceiling of 17,000 metres/feet or whatever its measured in. It can't be flown below 11,000 metres safely due to some fairly major stability issues (Whenever you try to turn/alter pitch a 10,000 metre spiral of death ensues) Its also ugly, and useless... I should probably try and turn it into an SSTO.
KSP Thread - Page 8 Qss401
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 11:57 am

FYI, it´s metres.
Everyone who does science uses metres.
Makes it easier to calculate stuff since the measurements for force, power, work, etc. are based on metric units, so you can find out easily if your ship can lift off.
Formula:

max.thrust / (mass * 9810) = x

If x > 1 your rocket can lift off.
Make sure you use the wet mass though.

Yes, I´m using the KSP-thread to post physical equations now.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:50 pm

Robotnik wrote:
I've landed twice, each yielded about 800 science with 2 science labs, 4 goo canisters. 1 Man ship.

Now have enough parts unlocked to create my normal lander, but...

The springs on the landing legs. I love them and hate them at the same time. They cushion your descent, but their tension isn't strong enough to prevent my engines from being squashed. They sit at the most compressed level for my normal 3 man lander, which makes the design useless.

Any tips? Do I need less weight or something? It's very annoying.
In the config file there's an option to change how springy they are.

Code:
suspensionUpperLimit = ###
I think it's that one.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:10 pm

I'm not too sure how I got this into orbit but hopefully it'll go to Duna and return with thousands of science points.
Two nuclear engines, three materials bays, two avionics noseheads, four mystery goo containers, one of all of the small science thingies. This should work swell, assuming it can re-enter the atmosphere without tearing in half and dropping all the science experiments like its predecessor.

KSP Thread - Page 8 43D070A388B60F92887D8F6F06649C560366DD71
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:19 pm

HA, it landed perfectly into the ocean ( aside from the nuclear engines tearing off when I deployed the chutes ) and turned into a rocket-powered-boat.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 11:01 pm

The best kind of boat in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:27 am

I am trying to do as much as I can with the tier 1 stuff, and the problem I have is the rockets I make are too tall and too heavy for the parachute and I hit the ground hard, but my pod is still fine, until it falls over and blows up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KSP Thread   KSP Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KSP Thread
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next