Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Worlds of Wonder

Go down 
+8
Chapter Master Addeptis
torrentialAberration
Laserbilly
Tiel+
Joel
Keon
Last_Jedi_Standing
Ivan2006
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

Location : Probably being eaten bye tyranids on a unknown planet.

Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 2:06 am

Thel Vadam wrote:
Name: Reach

Franchise: Halo

Technology: Tier 3

Leading race(s): Humans

Flora: 100s of different kinds of trees and plants

Fauna: Moa!, Gúta, Gray Wolves, Rats, and various avian species

Military: Reach was the main hub of the UNSC's military power... The total military power of Reach was 385,420,100. HQ of ONI and the home of the SPARTAN-II Program.

Gods: Spartans... jk No info on Gods...

Resistance level: Very. Reach was the center of the UNSC military and had 20 ODPs(Orbital Defense Stations), each have a MAC. They are defended by ships and other multi-purpose ships, at any given time there are 100-150 warships in the system.

OP: Medium...

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Reach
MAKE SURE TO RE-CLICK ON SPOILER AFTER YOU LOOK AT PICTURES... You will see why...
Spoiler:

O halo how i love you so.....to bad star trek could easily beat the shit out of you....But still UNSC FRIGATE SPAM FTW!
Now to take you over with over with some Imperial guard.....
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 3:26 am

Name: Gaea
Franchise: Asura's Wrath

Technology: Impossible to tell what tier, elements from all 8 tiers are present.

Leading race(s): Humanity.

Flora: Fauna similar to Earth though considerable portions of the planet has been turned to wastelands due to the war with the Ghoma.

Fauna: The Ghoma, corrupted versions of earth animals, or combinations of earth animals which devour humans.

Military: The military is entirely robotic. Fully sentient AIs compose the infantry and fly the ships which number in the hundreds of thousands.

Gods: Used to have seven demigods and one true god, creator of all things, but Asura punched them all till they died.

Resistance level: Impossible. Though the people of Gaea have no reason to attack any other world, any hostilities would lead to Asura punching the invading force to death, punching the invading fleet into non-existence, finding and punching the invading force's planet(s) and punching them into non existence, finding and punching the invading force's planet's gods and punching them to non-existence and finally, if the invading force happens to come from another universe, he will also punch that universe into non-existence.

OP: Yes. Reasons above.

Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 3:33 am

Chapter Master Addeptis wrote:
Thel Vadam wrote:
Name: Reach

Franchise: Halo

Technology: Tier 3

Leading race(s): Humans

Flora: 100s of different kinds of trees and plants

Fauna: Moa!, Gúta, Gray Wolves, Rats, and various avian species

Military: Reach was the main hub of the UNSC's military power... The total military power of Reach was 385,420,100. HQ of ONI and the home of the SPARTAN-II Program.

Gods: Spartans... jk No info on Gods...

Resistance level: Very. Reach was the center of the UNSC military and had 20 ODPs(Orbital Defense Stations), each have a MAC. They are defended by ships and other multi-purpose ships, at any given time there are 100-150 warships in the system.

OP: Medium...

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Reach
MAKE SURE TO RE-CLICK ON SPOILER AFTER YOU LOOK AT PICTURES... You will see why...
Spoiler:

O halo how i love you so.....to bad star trek could easily beat the shit out of you....But still UNSC FRIGATE SPAM FTW!
Now to take you over with over with some Imperial guard.....

I know, just repeating, but Star Trek could really easily take over Halo, just because of Phasers, Photon Torpedos and the Existance of Shields (I know, the Alliance haz shields, but we´re talking about Reach, a UNSC world)

Also, Why am I not impressed by the pic? Am I supposed to be impressed? I´m so confused!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 3:35 am

You and I both know a UNSC frigate could put a MAC round clean through a Sovereign-class, so quit your trolling tongue
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 3:52 am

Tiel wrote:
You and I both know a UNSC frigate could put a MAC round clean through a Sovereign-class, so quit your trolling tongue

A Star Trek shield can withstand the energy of 3 kilograms matter-antimatter mixture (maximum power level of a standard issue Photon Torpedo), I think it could also stop your MAC, especially since (according to my calculations) The mass-energy of 3kg is 1,500 times as big as the kinetic energy by a MAC-projectile IF IT WERE TO HAVE FULL LIGHT SPEED AS VELOCITY.

Calculations: (I used the vage ammount of 300,000,000 m/s for light speed) (also don´t mind the lack of units, I´m using the standard matric units everywhere)

(mass[mix]*c²)/(mass[projectile]*c)
(mass[mix]*c)/mass[projectile]
(3*300,000,000)/600,000
900,000,000/600,000
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 6:24 am

Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:26 am

Name: Vulcan.
Franchise: Star trek.
Technology: Tier 3/2.

Leading race(s): Vulcan.

Flora: More of a desert kind of world but there still is flora.

Fauna: Desert adapted animals.

Military: Starfleet.

Gods: Sarek, guided them to logic.

Resistance level: Low unless there are starfleet ships nearbye.

OP: Not really.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:17 am

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
Tiel wrote:

A Star Trek shield can withstand the energy of 3 kilograms matter-antimatter mixture (maximum power level of a standard issue Photon Torpedo), I think it could also stop your MAC, especially since (according to my calculations) The mass-energy of 3kg is 1,500 times as big as the kinetic energy by a MAC-projectile IF IT WERE TO HAVE FULL LIGHT SPEED AS VELOCITY.

Calculations: (I used the vage ammount of 300,000,000 m/s for light speed) (also don´t mind the lack of units, I´m using the standard matric units everywhere)

(mass[mix]*c²)/(mass[projectile]*c)
(mass[mix]*c)/mass[projectile]
(3*300,000,000)/600,000
900,000,000/600,000

I don't know if the math is right here (I just skimmed over it), but LOOK, STUFF!!

http://www.booksie.com/science_fiction/essay/thanatos/star-trek-vs-halo-part-1-pillar-of-autumn-vs-enterprised/nohead/pdf/ver/8
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:19 am

One thing to also remember is that the Enterprise's shields fail during every encounter. Razz
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:46 am

But it's always when facing another ship from its own galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Thel Vadam
Thel Vadam

PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:48 am

Quote :
I don't know if the math is right here (I just skimmed over it), but LOOK, STUFF!!

http://www.booksie.com/science_fiction/essay/thanatos/star-trek-vs-halo-part-1-pillar-of-autumn-vs-enterprised/nohead/pdf/ver/8

That essay makes a point, the Pillar of Autumn world destroy the Enterprise. And you can't say he made all up, he has sources for all of his info. and he did a ton of equations to figure out the exact power of the weapons...
Back to top Go down
http://morphorum.forumotion.com/u9
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:58 am

Okay, I failed in my calculations that indicate that a photon torpedo is stronger than a MAC, because I forgot to squarte the velocity for the kinetic energy.
Back to top Go down
Thel Vadam
Thel Vadam

PostSubject: Palaven   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Name: Palaven

Franchise: Mass Effect

Technology: I would say Tier 3...

Leading race(s): Turians

Flora: none listed..

Fauna: none listed...

Military: Yes, the Turians have a very strong military. Since Turians are militaristic, they have a strict military. Most Turians start boot camp at age 15, and serve until they are 30 then they go to the Reserves. They are very strategic and and patient and don't do risky operations. The Turian fleet is the largest fleet in Citadel space. They have 39 dreadnoughts, (length of MAC depends on the length of the ship) An 800-meter mass accelerator is capable of accelerating one twenty-kilogram slug to a velocity of 4025 km/s (1.3% the speed of light) every two seconds. Each slug has the kinetic energy of about 38 kilotons of TNT, about two and a half times the energy released by the fission weapon that destroyed Hiroshima.

Gods: They believe in spirits; squads, cities, etc.. have different spirits.

Resistance level: Very strong resistance... Most Turian families take basic training and have small arm weapons in their homes. They will not stop fighting until they win or until they die.

OP: It's really hard to say, but I think it isn't OP.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Turian

PICTURES:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Thel Vadam on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://morphorum.forumotion.com/u9
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 1:34 pm

Star trek ship shields, no matter which ship, no matter which generation, no matter which episode, always fail at every single encounter.

Not only that, but the military tacticians that compose starfleet only see it fit to engage into evasive maneuvers AFTER the shields have failed.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 2:02 pm

Starfleet academy really should train them better.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 2:22 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Starfleet academy really should train them better.
Yeah, the problem is that they have a high focus on science missions instead of just seperating the military and the civilian fleet, forcing them to use part of the training time of each military officer for stuff that has nothing to do with war.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worlds of Wonder
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2