Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Worlds of Wonder

Go down 
+8
Chapter Master Addeptis
torrentialAberration
Laserbilly
Tiel+
Joel
Keon
Last_Jedi_Standing
Ivan2006
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:25 pm

I thought, maybe we just want a collection of worlds from different franchises, maybe for fun, or the RP. (as recently, much random stuff gets warped in there from other universes)
Please use canon information, if available, link to the respective wiki. It also doesn´t have to be sci-fi. Also, fantasy is explained with the Force here.
Here are some points I want you to cover at the worlds:

Name: Name of planet or the known area on said planet.

Franchise: What franchise is that world from? Also state here which canon you mean if there are several.

Technology: Technology tier as for the Halo Standards and short description of notable tech unusual for that tier.

Leading race(s): What race(s) are determaining the cultural and social live on this planet?

Flora: Any unusual plants?

Fauna: Any unusual animals?

Military: Does the world have militaries? If yes, describe a bit.

Gods: Many worlds have gods. Which ones does this world have?

Resistance level: How difficult would it be to invade that world? Why?

OP: Would it be OP to start a faction of the RP with this planet? Why?

Other stuff like pics, youtube vids and other points are optional.

PS: If I happen to add any new points here, you are encouraged to update your world sheets corresponding to that, but you don´t have to.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:43 pm

Name: Pokemon World

Franchise: Pokemon, the Anime Version with games as secondary.

Technology: Tier 4, but with highly advanced teleporters, medical equipment and mad scientist´s stuff

Leading race(s): Humanity, as usual.

Flora: There are those berries, which act as doping.

Fauna: Pokemon, as expected.

Military: As terrorists threating to destroy the world are fought by the police, propably none.

Gods: Legendary Pokemon

Resistance level: An Invasion would be futile due to the battlepower of Pokemon. There is no military, but once there is evidence that they had war, and they can propably assemble several militias of Pokemon-Trainers which then will stop any takeover from progressing further. Only solution: orbital bombardemant until ther´s nothing of interest left. Still, I don´t know if the Legendary Pokemon will let you live on then...

OP: Yes, OP. The funny part is that it´s OP because of its infantry.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Name: Coruscant

Franchise: Star Wars

Technology: 1-2 (Includes parts of both)

Leading Races: Depends on the era. Probably human.

Flora: Very little

Fauna: Very little

Military: Depends on era, either Republic Navy/GAR, Imperial Navy/Army, New Republic Defense Force, Yuuzhan Vong Navy, Galactic Alliance armed forces, Imperial Navy (a different one), or several others. Mostly quite large, although not all that much of it will be stationed at the planet itself at most times.

Gods: The Force is not a god, but it will do.

Resistance Level: Like, a million? Coruscant is one huge city, with a population numbering in the trillions. Although the planet has been conquered militarily several times, no enemy has ever been able to hold the planet for very long. Even if you technically win the battle, there's just no way to totally clean your enemies out. Even Yuuzhan Vong total terraforming didn't do it.

OP: No single part is particularly overpowered, but taken altogether, yes it is.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 8:44 pm

OP: /nick.

Got me killed. Got us all killed. Go to hell, bukkit.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Name: Eden Prime

Franchise: Mass Effect

Technology: Tier 3

Leading race(s): Human

Flora: N/A

Fauna: "Gas Bags"

Military: Systems Alliance

Gods: N/A

Resistance level: High. Being the first colony beyond their system, the Systems Alliance will most likely protect this planet and its colony(ies) with high force.

OP: No.

Last edited by Karkat on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 8:54 pm

Karkat wrote:

Resistance level: Medium-High. Being the first colony beyond their system, the Systems Alliance will most likely protect this planet and its colony(ies) with high force. However, they're not that effective and wouldn't do much damage to most opposition.

The Systems Alliance has hundreds of cruisers capable of fending off most assaults singlehandedly. At least know about your subject before writing an entry about it Neutral
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 8:55 pm

Tiel wrote:
Karkat wrote:

Resistance level: Medium-High. Being the first colony beyond their system, the Systems Alliance will most likely protect this planet and its colony(ies) with high force. However, they're not that effective and wouldn't do much damage to most opposition.

The Systems Alliance has hundreds of cruisers capable of fending off most assaults singlehandedly. At least know about your subject before writing an entry about it Neutral

|: Changed. Happy now?
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:03 pm

Name: Trantor

Franchise: The Foundation novels by Isaac Asimov, published in 1951.

Description: The capital of the 12,000-year-old Galactic Empire.the capital of the 12,000-year-old Galactic Empire. The planet was one massive city that covered the entire surface (sound familiar?). Though the empire appears stable and powerful, it is slowly decaying in ways that parallel the decline of the Western Roman Empire. At the beginning of the Book series, Trantor is a juggernaut of industry and power. Governing a 12,000 year old empire that spanned the entire Milky Way. It had fleets of enormous starcraft that could instantly leap from any point in the Galazy to another. These massive fleets were needed to keep the planet supplied, since it had no natural resources of its own left.

Technology: 1

Leading race(s): Humanity

Flora: Non, except in cultivated gardens.

Fauna: Non, except perhaps pets.

Military: It is the seat of power for the Galactic Empire and thus has a mighty fleet of enormous cruisers that can instantly jump from there to any other point in the Galaxy.

Gods: Greed

Resistance level: Impossible at the Empire's height. Only the corrosion of greed and corruption proved strong enough to bring this mighty planet down.

OP: Depends on when they start on it.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:31 pm

I read a book in that series, I believe. It was about a young officer questioning an old man who then proceeded to implicate him and his commanding officer in a corruption stint, saving something.

Can't remember the details (as if that wasn't apparent), but that was truly an engaging novel.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:34 pm

Tiel wrote:
I read a book in that series, I believe. It was about a young officer questioning an old man who then proceeded to implicate him and his commanding officer in a corruption stint, saving something.

Can't remember the details (as if that wasn't apparent), but that was truly an engaging novel.

Well, Asimov is one of the most influential writers of science fiction...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Tiel wrote:

He also happens to be one of the most boring ones when compared to modern authors.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:37 pm

Name: Earth

Franchise: (maybe) Real Universe

Technology Tier: 4 (space age)

Leading Races: Human and Repti...

Flora: Some trees here, some grass there. OHH! MOSS!

Fauna: Domestic livestock, Many documented and undocumented wild species (including the delicious manatee)!

Military: The planet does not have a single, unified force. Instead, it just bickers with itself.

Gods: Many, one reason for the bickering.

Resistance level: Has a lot of nukes, but doesn't really pose a threat to any invading force.

OP: Negatively OP.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:57 pm

Tiel wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Tiel wrote:

He also happens to be one of the most boring ones when compared to modern authors.
Then you have probably never read any of his books. Had you read any of, for example, the I, Robot series, you would not be saying that. And before someone gets confused, I mean I, Robot the book, not the movie. They have the same name and they actually put a scene from the movie on the cover of one of the editions of the book, but they aren't connected at all. They're totally different stories and I don't think they're even set in the same world.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:00 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Tiel wrote:

Then you have probably never read any of his books. Had you read any of, for example, the I, Robot series, you would not be saying that. And before someone gets confused, I mean I, Robot the book, not the movie. They have the same name and they actually put a scene from the movie on the cover of one of the editions of the book, but they aren't connected at all. They're totally different stories and I don't think they're even set in the same world.

My comment was in reference to the I, Robot book, in fact. I couldn't make it past the first 50 pages, not because I can't appreciate detail, but because there's so much of it that you get swamped and, subsequently, bored.

I'd take Zahn over Asimov any day.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:30 am

Tiel wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Tiel wrote:

My comment was in reference to the I, Robot book, in fact. I couldn't make it past the first 50 pages, not because I can't appreciate detail, but because there's so much of it that you get swamped and, subsequently, bored.

Is Zahn the author of Old Man's War? If so, I agree that the first 2 books of the series were good, but, like Orson Scott Card, they definately because less and less readable the further you get into the series.

While I agree that some of his books are a bit hard to get through, if you consider yourself a fan of science fiction, then you should definitely read the Foundation series.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:12 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Tiel wrote:

Is Zahn the author of Old Man's War? If so, I agree that the first 2 books of the series were good, but, like Orson Scott Card, they definately because less and less readable the further you get into the series.

While I agree that some of his books are a bit hard to get through, if you consider yourself a fan of science fiction, then you should definitely read the Foundation series.
Old Man's War was John Scalzi. Zahn wrote the Quadrail series, and the Cobra trilogy, and a bunch of others. He's very good.

You do mean the I, Robot book with all the short stories about the robot tester guys, right?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:24 am

I'm assuming the book I read was a compilation. It was lying in my dad's dusty old basement and had one of those bland retro covers.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:27 am

Tiel wrote:
I'm assuming the book I read was a compilation. It was lying in my dad's dusty old basement and had one of those bland retro covers.
Hmm. The question is whether it was actually the one by Asimov, or whether it was the novelization of the movie, which is a separate thing. The correct version is basically a series connected short stories, which feature many of the same characters. They're all by Asimov himself, and they were all written for that book, so it's not really a short story collection. It's just sorta like one.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:36 am

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was the latter. From what I can remember it was all white save for a brilliantly illustrated thin horizontal strip on the cover and "ASIMOV" at the top in that annoying block faced font that just tells you something is pre-2001.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:44 am

Tiel wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was the latter. From what I can remember it was all white save for a brilliantly illustrated thin horizontal strip on the cover and "ASIMOV" at the top in that annoying block faced font that just tells you something is pre-2001.
The cover of the book doesn't necessarily reflect what's inside. Like I said, my copy of the book actually has a scene from the movie on the cover, and they're not really related. The movie was sorta based on the book, but it's a completely different plot.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 11:55 am

Tiel wrote:
The cover of the book doesn't necessarily reflect what's inside. Like I said, my copy of the book actually has a scene from the movie on the cover, and they're not really related. The movie was sorta based on the book, but it's a completely different plot.

The movie was crud. But it used massive, so who cares.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Tiel wrote:

I am fairly confident what I read was not a novelization of the movie. It was a hardcover and, as I said, it was dusty after years of no use. And as previously noted everything was very drawn out, something not typical of today's books, especially those using action-packed movies as fulcrum points.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Tiel wrote:
Tiel wrote:

I am fairly confident what I read was not a novelization of the movie. It was a hardcover and, as I said, it was dusty after years of no use. And as previously noted everything was very drawn out, something not typical of today's books, especially those using action-packed movies as fulcrum points.
Hmm. OK. Well, if you didn't like it, you didn't like it, but that says deep and horrible things about your personality. tongue
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

Location : Probably being eaten bye tyranids on a unknown planet.

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:48 pm

Name: Mars

Franchise: Warhammer40k

Technology: peaces of Tier 0, Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3

Leading race(s): Adeptus Mechanicus (Human cyborgs) http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Adeptus_Mechanicus

Flora: none

Fauna: none

Military: Titans, Mechanicus Electro-priests, Skitarii and combat Servitors. http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Titan

Gods: The machine God

Resistance level: Very. A single warlord titian could easily take over a world of Tier 3 and higher by its self http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Warlord-class_Titan

OP: Very.You start out with pretty much all the the most op things that warhammer40k has to offer.....Exptic the Emperor him self..Which he could just kill a entire army 4,000,000,000 with his mind. http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor_of_Mankind
Worlds of Wonder Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwI6HK1GCayqNDACvt902V7UiLmAxcLuQXtccObGV56SHcqjjhWorlds of Wonder 250px-Legio_Invicta_WarlordWorlds of Wonder Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDSkn9xjwtozJNtq2xklxyOZienMyAdZPwGPZE0ypNai-ACaED

Last edited by Chapter Master Addeptis on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thel Vadam
Thel Vadam

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Reach   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:27 pm

Name: Reach

Franchise: Halo

Technology: Tier 3

Leading race(s): Humans

Flora: 100s of different kinds of trees and plants

Fauna: Moa!, Gúta, Gray Wolves, Rats, and various avian species

Military: Reach was the main hub of the UNSC's military power... The total military power of Reach was 385,420,100. HQ of ONI and the home of the SPARTAN-II Program.

Gods: Spartans... jk No info on Gods...

Resistance level: Very. Reach was the center of the UNSC military and had 20 ODPs(Orbital Defense Stations), each have a MAC. They are defended by ships and other multi-purpose ships, at any given time there are 100-150 warships in the system.

OP: Medium...

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Reach
MAKE SURE TO RE-CLICK ON SPOILER AFTER YOU LOOK AT PICTURES... You will see why...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://morphorum.forumotion.com/u9
Sponsored content

Worlds of Wonder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worlds of Wonder   Worlds of Wonder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worlds of Wonder
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next