Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Question about worlds

Go down 
+3
Grand Imperial Thunder
Joel
small502
7 posters
AuthorMessage
small502
small502

Question about worlds Empty
PostSubject: Question about worlds   Question about worlds Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Bringing this up since no one else seems to have. Will brand new worlds be needed for the mod? Because of the minerals required for space travel would be part of the mod and we couldnt just TMI them up, worlds made for servers before the mod would be landlocked pretty much. I ask this because me and my friends want to use our current server's world for the mod.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Question about worlds   Question about worlds Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:35 pm

One question, why did you post this thread in server stuff? And you possibly may need a new world. Although, the first release of the mod is placed about 2 centuries from now. Also, +1 for Too Many Items.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Question about worlds   Question about worlds Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 12:21 am

Well, you seem to be sorta new, From what I understand:
1. New worlds because the mod focuses on entire planets(or a solar system) as servers(a sever)
2. TMI will be blocked as you won't have the power to spawn things into multiplayer(server admin power changes)
3. You can use a server to create a new world, "new world" as in you have to make a new world.
4. New worlds mostly because you could just bring in mountains of diamond. And aint no one haven fun when cheatin's afoot.
Nothing in stone.
Also, this has been brought up with people wanting to keep the stuff they have.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Question about worlds   Question about worlds Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 3:35 am

I believe that importing worlds would be fine, but they would have to be run through the officials first.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Question about worlds   Question about worlds Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 5:56 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
I believe that importing worlds would be fine, but they would have to be run through the officials first.

There would be only one proplem:
If the existing (chunks that have ever been loaded) world is bigger than a planet will be, there won´t be a way of converting it into a FC world.
Also, I am wondering how you will turn the vanilla endless world into a FC planetary limited world anyway.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Question about worlds   Question about worlds Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:

There would be only one proplem:
If the existing (chunks that have ever been loaded) world is bigger than a planet will be, there won´t be a way of converting it into a FC world.

Simple. It's a really big planet.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Question about worlds   Question about worlds Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Orrrr, you could just forgo this nonsense and say every server has to have a fresh world.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Question about worlds   Question about worlds Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:37 pm

MISLEADING BIRD wrote:
Orrrr, you could just forgo this nonsense and say every server has to have a fresh world.
But then you lose the potential playerbase from a lot of pre-existing servers.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Question about worlds   Question about worlds Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:41 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
MISLEADING BIRD wrote:
I don´t know.
But we can definetly forget multiverse-servers anyway...
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Question about worlds   Question about worlds Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:45 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
MISLEADING BIRD wrote:
I don´t know.
But we can definetly forget multiverse-servers anyway...

Not really. They'd be fine if they run mvinv like I do, to keep resources from being brought through between creative and survival worlds.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Question about worlds   Question about worlds Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:55 pm

First there's the coding involved in porting MC worlds into the new format. Then there's a tedious review process...

It'd be much easier to simply have everyone create a new world. Servers do it themselves regularly, I might add, to refresh gameplay. That is, in effect, what Futurecraft is for. Refreshing the gameplay experience.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Question about worlds   Question about worlds Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:18 pm

MISLEADING BIRD wrote:
First there's the coding involved in porting MC worlds into the new format. Then there's a tedious review process...

It'd be much easier to simply have everyone create a new world. Servers do it themselves regularly, I might add, to refresh gameplay. That is, in effect, what Futurecraft is for. Refreshing the gameplay experience.

Yeah. Unless they got the epic creative temple of Ender Dragon Eggs they will propably be able to recreate it in FC anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about worlds   Question about worlds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about worlds
Page 1 of 1