Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The Shivan Aerospace Corporation

Go down 
+10
hyperlite
blockman42
Laserbilly
Caramell
Avenger_7
Keon
Iv121
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
Shiva
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:19 pm

No we don't , use wool , those ships are not real anyway ...
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:37 pm

I build my ships for when the mod's finished, so that I can easily convert them into real working weapons of war. No, I will NOT use wool.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Shiva wrote:
I build my ships for when the mod's finished, so that I can easily convert them into real working weapons of war. No, I will NOT use wool.

Well, you could use an mcedit filter to convert the wool into the colored metal...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:46 pm

Shiva wrote:

And yet you use a material that's slated to shatter like glass from almost any weapon?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Use wool, you will need to totally redesign those ships anyway when the mod is out. You can easily replace blocks with stuff like MCedit or WorldEdit.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:17 pm

Honestly, I think that you should have added the pods to the rear section. I'd also put the bridge along the top, just forward of the rear. Then I'd make a big gun running the length of the ship. I like the general design though, it reminds me of a 40k ship.

I have no problems with the pallete, but I want to see it in my texture pack...Affinity just looks so much smoother than what you're running.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Cool ship. Not much to complain about design-wise, your building shows potential and will most likely become awesome in the following months. You can always tell when its someone's first (or one of) ship, it just has a certain feel about it.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:21 pm

Photographs were taken today by a tourist from Terrana Island of the new SHIVAC warship design, the man having taken a stealthy ultralight repulsor skimmer just out of range of the secured site's active radar range to pop a few snapshots of the vessel, and were subsequently leaked to the holonet. The ship as shown here is extremely far from complete.

'Pulled from INS/Reuters Beowulf':
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 4:05 am

The forward part is too flat and long (yes I know it is part of your intended design but you overdid it ...)
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:13 am

The forward section is to the right hand of the picture. It is, as stated, extremely far from completion. That ship's nearly 500 blocks long.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:30 am

Shiva wrote:
The forward section is to the right hand of the picture. It is, as stated, extremely far from completion. That ship's nearly 500 blocks long.

Too big for your second ship. Develop your style and skills more first.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:24 pm

The Doctor wrote:
Shiva wrote:

Too big for your second ship. Develop your style and skills more first.

Indeed, maybe a fighter?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Fighter ??? too small. Frigate ! or a cruiser ...
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:40 pm

If I were you I'd start with 250 and add length if needed. If you come onto the server sometime I'll have to show you my cruiser, it's only 285 blocks long but it's still pretty big.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:27 pm

If this ship works out at all like what's in my head, it'll be worthy.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Yeah, my cruiser is about 250 or so.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Thin.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:14 pm

My computer decided that it wants to crash MC every time I try to load it up... It doesn't even bring me to the login, it just dies trying to run and gives me this...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:05 pm

All I see is a list of threads and meaningless info (Unless you work in assembly I guess it's useless to have the register's content displayed ... )

The fact it doesn't display any specific reason for the crash (Like addressing null and stuff like that) I think it is not related to minecraft itself. Maybe reinstalling Java ?

EDIT: On a second look it complains about lacking access to something ... Dunno the reason for this. Doubt it is because you didn't run the program as an admin (as in such cases it won't claim "Fatal error " ) ...
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:16 pm

New photographs of the still-under-construction warship have been leaked to the public after a competitor's spy drone managed to make its' way through the gauntlet of air defenses ringing the construction site....

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:51 am

I hope it is still WIP as it looks very inclomplete.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:54 am

Shiva wrote:
New photographs of the still-under-construction warship have been leaked to the public after a competitor's spy drone managed to make its' way through the gauntlet of air defenses ringing the construction site....

Shiva wrote:
New photographs of the still-under-construction warship

Shiva wrote:
still-under-construction

Does that answer your question?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 1:58 am

It wasn't a question Razz .
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:02 am

Statement, then.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:06 am

Typically, one wants to have a substantial amount of work on a project done before exposing it to scrutiny. There's nothing to [give feedback on at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shivan Aerospace Corporation
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next