Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Mackeroth's construction log

Go down 
+32
Laserbilly
Groot
Tell
blockman42
Delta
torrentialAberration
Eliuser12
Julo
Talon
Captain stufuzzycat
Ivan2006
Grand Imperial Thunder
Avenger_7
superninjakiwi
Commander Kobialka
Tau
kennysmith1234
Hierarch Fenway
ACH0225
Tiel+
Last_Jedi_Standing
Laibach
Dux Tell31
Beaner
Iv121
Keon
Pat Best
hyperlite
Commander Error
Cool3303
GLaDOS
The Schmetterling
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:11 am

/dislike.

The thing needs more symmetry.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:43 am

Keon wrote:
/dislike.

The thing needs more symmetry.

My version may have order three rotational symmetry, and order 7 mirror symmetry. It may not, depending on whether I decided to turn one of the piers into a dock for the Banhammer, which will require an entirely different pier.

Also, I do want this to be a community project. Once I have the shell, I will put the map up for download, and we can all do a pier or so. I will also post up some standards, so that we don't have the same problem the Russians and the Americans did on their first joint space-station. (Remember?)
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Or you can send me a schematic and I will put it on my server for everyone to work on...well, not everyone, but anyone who you approve of seeing as how it's your ship.
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Or you can send me a schematic and I will put it on my server for everyone to work on...well, not everyone, but anyone who you approve of seeing as how it's your ship.

I do not think this is a good idea unless we have a server hosted by an actual "hosting service" like Taco had, so that it will be up all the time. Just my view of things though.

I do think that putting it on a server is a good idea though.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:41 pm

/me agrees with tell.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:29 pm

tell31 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

I do not think this is a good idea unless we have a server hosted by an actual "hosting service" like Taco had, so that it will be up all the time. Just my view of things though.

I do think that putting it on a server is a good idea though.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:46 am

If you guys want a dedicated server I can set one up, I would just need to know exactly how much interest there is. I can have one set up within a week if you guys will give me some input as to what kinds of specs you think would be necessary, as well as a good idea of how many of you would actually use it on a regular basis. If I get a good response I can have one set up by next week.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 7:15 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
If you guys want a dedicated server I can set one up, I would just need to know exactly how much interest there is. I can have one set up within a week if you guys will give me some input as to what kinds of specs you think would be necessary, as well as a good idea of how many of you would actually use it on a regular basis. If I get a good response I can have one set up by next week.

I am building the shell with MCedit, as even WorldEdit doesn't have the capabilities to build such things. So if we were to host a server for this thing, we would have to either build it by hand, or wait until I can finish the shell. Both are fairly bleak options.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:45 am

Avenger_7 wrote:

WE HAVE BEEN SERVERLESS FOR WEEKS. WANT SERVER. (with worldedit and redpower. TEKKIT IF POSSIBLE Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:49 am

Kobialka wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

WE HAVE BEEN SERVERLESS FOR WEEKS. WANT SERVER. (with worldedit and redpower. TEKKIT IF POSSIBLE Very Happy)
+
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:32 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
Kobialka wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

+

Server yes, Tekkit... not so much.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
superninjakiwi wrote:
Kobialka wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

+

Server yes, Tekkit... not so much.

tekkit would probably lag a server if people are immature with nuclear reactors and quarrys but tekkit IS fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:57 pm

so true
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 1:12 pm

A picture that might be relevant to your project.

(Ignore the size estaminet.)
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 1:43 pm

24 km???
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 3:15 pm

I think the real one will be about 1/3 of that size, but with similar scaling and layout.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 3:45 pm

uh I think its a bit too much for Mac. Besides spare the server it's going to fly in ...
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 5:35 pm

How does that lift off?
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 7:40 pm

They sacrifice Bronies to the Gods os Metal, who then pick it up and throw it into space.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
They sacrifice Bronies to the Gods os Metal, who then pick it up and throw it into space.
That doesn't sound very fuel efficient. Good luck with launching a lot of those.
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:41 am

so? it gets rid of bronies, we're happy with the system.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Thanks for the picture! I've always needed a plan of the original Atlantis. Pity that I've already spent 10 hours drawing my version. Anyway, my version will have some more... efficient docking methods, as most of the other spaceships we have on the forum are so tiny compared to Atlantis.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Thanks for the picture! I've always needed a plan of the original Atlantis. Pity that I've already spent 10 hours drawing my version. Anyway, my version will have some more... efficient docking methods, as most of the other spaceships we have on the forum are so tiny compared to Atlantis.

As in, Mass Effect-universe docking bays? Pull-thru docks? Please don't say landing pads....landing pads are boring.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:08 pm

I like landing pads. Imagine a tower covered in landing pads. That is going to be my central hub tower.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:03 am

They won't be landing pads. If anyone saw my drone ship on Tiel's sever, it will be a system more like that: all the smaller ships (excluding ones which aren't Futurecraft Imperial Navy ships, which will use landing pads) will have specific docking ports, that are custom built to fit that ship. I find something about aircraft carriers and ships that split into smaller ships makes them so mouch more awesome then any other kind of ship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mackeroth's construction log   Mackeroth's construction log - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mackeroth's construction log
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next