Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2

Go down 
+3
Hierarch Fenway
fr0stbyte124
Burnttoaster
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Empty
PostSubject: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:51 pm

An idea for a super weapon:

I'm not quite sure were the whole meteor as a super weapon stands, so here my take.

Some kind of gravity ray/beam/thing, that takes an asteroid and lunches it at a planet, but wait I know what your thinking, that would be to overpowered, but I'm not taking about a Mount Everest size meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs size one, a smaller one which explosion could be comparable to a nuke, or and anti-matter bomb , but it would be it diffident then the missiles.
1. Be scary as sh*t, seeing it falling from space,
2. It would be more harder to destroy then a missile, and if you do( maybe with a big anti-ship gun) it would break up into smaller rocks, they would cause less damage, but in a larger area.
It would be more higher up the tech tree though.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:02 am

I've said it before, but any effect that will cause a massive amount of terrain rewriting at one time will be automatically vetoed. The servers are going to have plenty to do without simulating nuke spam on top of it. Bullet physics effects are probably off the table, too.

Actually, take a look at the Explosions+ mod on minecraftforums. Pretty much everything in there is a good example of what we won't be having.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:18 am

So a Tractor beam? It would only hit farms anyway... (Pun intended)

Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 am

I though there would be some kind of anti missile defense system to pervert this nuke spamming. I'm not talking about explosions+ asteroid (it has a asteroid right) , you would have to take an asteroid from a asteroid belt, if one is in the solar system, and bring it to the planet, not just spawn it out of no where. All it would do is make a crater, and not be that different the a nuke, without radiation, and there arn't that many super weapon ideas .
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 12:23 am

Fenway wrote:
So a Tractor beam? It would only hit farms anyway... (Pun intended)

A really powerful one
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:10 am

Burnttoaster wrote:
I though there would be some kind of anti missile defense system to pervert this nuke spamming.
Sig'd.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:43 am

Warmaster Tsavong Lah wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
I though there would be some kind of anti missile defense system to pervert this nuke spamming.
Sig'd.

No it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 11:06 am

Burnttoaster wrote:
Sig'd.

Dirty liar.(Accusatory glare)
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 11:16 am

No Super Weapon ideas?

I'll give you one! But first a name.... name... name... The Sun Cru- No, it's forbidden. I know! The Crusher of Suns! Truly original.

Anyway, this is a multi-step, super-expensive, 13 mete... 130 meters tall space-station warped to a system and assembled there. Also, the exact opposite of being nearly invulnerable.

First, a fleet warps in. It is rather large and quickly puts down the enemy ships. Then, a large but defenseless ship warps in. It carries 8 pieces of a station, which it disconnects and leaves in the system. Small ships assemble the 9 pieces so that it forms a ring, completing the first step. The station still has shields and weapons.

Stage two: A small number of ships lands on a moon which has a large deposit of crystals (Or other planet). The crystal must be mined in one piece and be pure, so very sensitive equipment is required. Once mining starts, the crystal gives off a frequency that disables all shield and weapon systems in and around the compound, leaving the miners defenseless and at the mercy of nearby fleets. The crystal is extremely fragile at this stage, and any large vibration (From explosions, being shot, etc.) will shatter it. Once it is mined, step 3 begins

Stage 3: The crystal is towed to the center of the station, still giving the vibration that disables shields and weapons. It is placed in the center, and is the station's prismatic core. Once in place, the disabling frequency is removed. Then, 9 ZPM's, one for each section, must be attached while the crystal is in place, and quickly too. Energy must flow in or the prismatic core will destabilize, blowing the station to kingdom come. Once attached, the station can begin stage 4: Charging

Charging takes 2 hours IRL. While the crystal charges, the station and all ships friendly to the station in the system lose shields, due to the unique energy of the crystal. The station cannot use weapons, but the other ships have weapons at 50% capacity. Enemies are unaffected by the energy. In addition, while charging, ALL sensors on ALL ships in ALL systems can detect the station due to it's energy signature and get it's exact location. Once charging is complete, the station can fire- stage 5

The station begins firing, directly at the sun. It starts destabilizing the gravitational field. On all sensors, a massive energy spike is detected and the station is pinpointed, and system information is obtained, such as the empire owning the station. This energy spike causes all shields in the system to destabilize, and the weapons are all at 50% capacity. Firing takes 10 minutes. Once done, the prismatic core shuts off and all ships lose power, and start drifting. The sun begins to fluctuate, and explodes, sending a cloud of plasma in every direction. Ships are incinerated. Gas giants are stripped of atmosphere. Anything flammable burns, and rock melts. It then explodes one last time, which completely destroys all planets, all life, everything in the system. (Essentially, deleting it.) Then, somehow, the system recollapses into a new one from the nebula, and a new sun and planets form. (Regenerating the system). A fresh start.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 1:18 pm

Keon wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:
Sig'd.

No it wasn't.
Bugger. I hit 'Preview' instead of 'Save'.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Fenway wrote:
No Super Weapon ideas?

I'll give you one! But first a name.... name... name... The Sun Cru- No, it's forbidden. I know! The Crusher of Suns! Truly original.

Anyway, this is a multi-step, super-expensive, 13 mete... 130 meters tall space-station warped to a system and assembled there. Also, the exact opposite of being nearly invulnerable.

First, a fleet warps in. It is rather large and quickly puts down the enemy ships. Then, a large but defenseless ship warps in. It carries 8 pieces of a station, which it disconnects and leaves in the system. Small ships assemble the 9 pieces so that it forms a ring, completing the first step. The station still has shields and weapons.

Stage two: A small number of ships lands on a moon which has a large deposit of crystals (Or other planet). The crystal must be mined in one piece and be pure, so very sensitive equipment is required. Once mining starts, the crystal gives off a frequency that disables all shield and weapon systems in and around the compound, leaving the miners defenseless and at the mercy of nearby fleets. The crystal is extremely fragile at this stage, and any large vibration (From explosions, being shot, etc.) will shatter it. Once it is mined, step 3 begins

Stage 3: The crystal is towed to the center of the station, still giving the vibration that disables shields and weapons. It is placed in the center, and is the station's prismatic core. Once in place, the disabling frequency is removed. Then, 9 ZPM's, one for each section, must be attached while the crystal is in place, and quickly too. Energy must flow in or the prismatic core will destabilize, blowing the station to kingdom come. Once attached, the station can begin stage 4: Charging

Charging takes 2 hours IRL. While the crystal charges, the station and all ships friendly to the station in the system lose shields, due to the unique energy of the crystal. The station cannot use weapons, but the other ships have weapons at 50% capacity. Enemies are unaffected by the energy. In addition, while charging, ALL sensors on ALL ships in ALL systems can detect the station due to it's energy signature and get it's exact location. Once charging is complete, the station can fire- stage 5

The station begins firing, directly at the sun. It starts destabilizing the gravitational field. On all sensors, a massive energy spike is detected and the station is pinpointed, and system information is obtained, such as the empire owning the station. This energy spike causes all shields in the system to destabilize, and the weapons are all at 50% capacity. Firing takes 10 minutes. Once done, the prismatic core shuts off and all ships lose power, and start drifting. The sun begins to fluctuate, and explodes, sending a cloud of plasma in every direction. Ships are incinerated. Gas giants are stripped of atmosphere. Anything flammable burns, and rock melts. It then explodes one last time, which completely destroys all planets, all life, everything in the system. (Essentially, deleting it.) Then, somehow, the system recollapses into a new one from the nebula, and a new sun and planets form. (Regenerating the system). A fresh start.

While that is quite balanced for a super-weapon, no. We are not having any super-weapons.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 6:32 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
While that is quite balanced for a super-weapon, no. We are not having any super-weapons.
Mad Crying or Very sad Question Suspect No silent pale confused affraid scratch Shocked
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 8:46 pm

You understand this is to avoid frying servers, right?
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Yep.

Anyone else make the faces on LJS's post in order, one by one?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:22 am

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:41 am

Fenway wrote:
Yep.

Anyone else make the faces on LJS's post in order, one by one?
I'm having trouble with the third one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2   Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super weapon 2.0 part 2 episode 2 vol 2
Page 1 of 1