Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Escape pod ideas

Go down 
+11
Joel
Laserbilly
The Schmetterling
Ivan2006
Last_Jedi_Standing
ACH0225
Tyranid_Player
torrentialAberration
Keon
Iv121
Julo
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which means of escape?
Escape pods
Escape pod ideas Vote_lcap80%Escape pod ideas Vote_rcap
 80% [ 12 ]
Teleporters
Escape pod ideas Vote_lcap7%Escape pod ideas Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Other idea (Comment)
Escape pod ideas Vote_lcap13%Escape pod ideas Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Hey people its Julo here.
I've got a few ideas about escape pods.
I think escape pods should work like in lunar lander from Atari, so that it got an engine with which you can slow down the fall of it and little engines so that you can steer your pod and choose your landing place.
Also there should be an explorer pod/escape pod MK II with which you can start from the planet and dock on an orbital satellite/station/spaceship.
Escape pod ideas Lunarlanderscr
For everybody who wants to Play Lunar Lander, it's here

Hey, I made some pictures about how the Escape pods MKI and MKII could look like:
First the Escape pod MKI
Spoiler:

The engines of the escape pod MKII are a little bit bigger.
No pics. yet (technical problems). But they will follow

Last edited by Julo on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Uh For the first drone it's nice but I think most of our ships will get blown in space and not in atmosphere , maybe many KMs away from planets. I imagine escape pods as small craft with a crash hyperspace drive - it's role is to drive the escape pod away from the battlefield to safety where the pod will wait for retrieval. It will have fuel reserve only for the crash jump (Note that the normal engines will have more fuel so it can be retrieved easily) which would free up space for more survivors and supplies .
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:38 pm

Heh. I had forgotten that game.

I agree, sort of like drop pods.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Having two models of escape pod is a good idea. It should be pilotable to a point, but only in the atmosphere of the nearest planet. The next version of the escape pod could be more controllable, it can fly to a ship or a planet that is selected by the pilot. A shuttle is used to ferry people from place to place without the prerequisite of the ship being destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: RE: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:46 am

Iv121 wrote:

Uh For the first drone it's nice but I think most of our ships will get blown in space and not in atmosphere , maybe many KMs away from planets. I imagine escape pods as small craft with a crash hyperspace drive - it's role is to drive the escape pod away from the battlefield to safety where the pod will wait for retrieval. It will have fuel reserve only for the crash jump (Note that the normal engines will have more fuel so it can be retrieved easily) which would free up space for more survivors and supplies .

Your right that the ship will be blown up in Space kms away from the Planet but the Escape pods will be launched through a launch Tube so that they are pretty fast when they falling Down to the Planet.
Back to top Go down
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:26 am

why escape pods ???
You could simply set up an system of emergency Teleporters which are powered by energy cristals or so.

Last edited by Tyranid_Player on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:44 am

Cool3303(I know it's you, you always were a supporter of teleporters), no.
Back to top Go down
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:46 am

ACH0225 wrote:
Cool3303(I know it's you, you always were a supporter of teleporters), no.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
DAFUQ???

You are thinking i am him because I support teleporters?!?!?!
BTW:I cant see your point no isnt an legit argument.

Last edited by Tyranid_Player on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:57 am

Also, your grammar is horrid, same as before, just without the random capitalizations.
Back to top Go down
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:05 am

ACH0225 wrote:
Also, your grammar is horrid, same as before, just without the random capitalizations.

Yeah i turned off the setting in my I-pod MOMENT THIS WAS A TRAP

I already wondered why nobody noticed it. Mackeroth already assumed this.But yeah Ip-ban (HAHAHAHAHA Piece of Crap)

Just dont ban me I started completely new (without the purpose to kill you) and It would be useless to bann me anyway.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:16 am

ACH0225 wrote:

Look at his posts: Teleporters, Simply, Legit, etc. That's random capitals if I ever saw them.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:19 am

It's a noticable difference from before.
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:30 am

I don't like the idea of Teleporters, because they use too much Energy, and the Energy which is Used by the teleporters could also be Used for emergency shields. Escape pods don't use so much Energy, because they just fall and don't disintegrate People and let them spawn somewhere Else.
Back to top Go down
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 6:04 am

Julo wrote:
I don't like the idea of Teleporters, because they use too much Energy, and the Energy which is Used by the teleporters could also be Used for emergency shields. Escape pods don't use so much Energy, because they just fall and don't disintegrate People and let them spawn somewhere Else.

The Point is the Space which is required to build an Escape pod is enough to build an Teleporter whith enough energy(in form of energy crystals) to teleport multiple Persons away

Also Escape Pods are usless in case of space battles because It wont be a problem for the guy who destroyed your ship to send out fighters which destroy the Escape Pods
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:12 am

Tyranid_Player wrote:
Julo wrote:

The Point is the Space which is required to build an Escape pod is enough to build an Teleporter whith enough energy(in form of energy crystals) to teleport multiple Persons away

Also Escape Pods are usless in case of space battles because It wont be a problem for the guy who destroyed your ship to send out fighters which destroy the Escape Pods
But the teleporter still uses much more energy than an escape pod, even if it's not physically any bigger. And escape pods should probably be invulnerable, like diplomatic ships. Although the pod hunters from the Malevolence episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars are pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:15 am

Warmaster Tsavong Lah wrote:
Tyranid_Player wrote:
Julo wrote:

But the teleporter still uses much more energy than an escape pod, even if it's not physically any bigger. And escape pods should probably be invulnerable, like diplomatic ships. Although the pod hunters from the Malevolence episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars are pretty awesome.

Why are you caring about the energy?!?!?!?
Do you think you will get an award for saving energy if 3/4 of our crew die because of missing escape Pods???
The point is that this Teleporters wont use energy from the ship because they have energy crystals which power them.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 9:21 am

Tyranid_Player wrote:
Warmaster Tsavong Lah wrote:
Tyranid_Player wrote:
Julo wrote:

Why are you caring about the energy?!?!?!?
Do you think you will get an award for saving energy if 3/4 of our crew die because of missing escape Pods???
The point is that this Teleporters wont use energy from the ship because they have energy crystals which power them.
But those crystals will be really expensive, if they can provide enough energy to run a teleporter. Why would you want to spend tens of thousands of credits on energy crystals when you could have a perfectly good escape pod for a few hundred?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:16 am

And if you did have these energy crystals that could teleport people to somewhere, teleporting every crew member, I sure would want them charging my shields. With those helping shields, I doubt the ship would fall.
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:23 pm

Tyranid_Player wrote:
Julo wrote:

But in the forum stands, that an escape pod is one by two blocks high and that they are crafted so that you can put them into a chest.
This means, that you take it out of a chest, place it into a launch tube and fly to the planet.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Julo wrote:
Tyranid_Player wrote:
Julo wrote:

But in the forum stands, that an escape pod is one by two blocks high and that they are crafted so that you can put them into a chest.
This means, that you take it out of a chest, place it into a launch tube and fly to the planet.
Have you read the outdated summary?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:54 am

Ivan2006 wrote:
Julo wrote:
Tyranid_Player wrote:
Julo wrote:

This still holds true, but you can't put them in a chest. Once you place them in a launch tube, it stats there until someone gets in it.
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Julo wrote:
Tyranid_Player wrote:
Julo wrote:

This still holds true, but you can't put them in a chest. Once you place them in a launch tube, it stats there until someone gets in it.

And what do you do before you Place them into the Launch tube?
You craft it so that you have to Place it into your inventory so that you can put it into a chest
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 6:01 pm

No escape! No surrender!
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Life Bo-ats and escape pods. Maybe tele around inside a ship to get somewhere that would otherwise be a pain to get to using an elevator or just stairs (aux. stairs would be a good idea if the teleporters have malfunctioned somehow).
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
Life Bo-ats and escape pods. Maybe tele around inside a ship to get somewhere that would otherwise be a pain to get to using an elevator or just stairs (aux. stairs would be a good idea if the teleporters have malfunctioned somehow).
What good would Life Bo-ats do in space? Do you mean like larger escape pods, or like dropships/corvettes in a hangar that people can escape in? I think having a hangar full of ships is always a good thing, but they shouldn't be only Life Bo-ats. They should just be normal ships, that you could flee in, or fly in combat, or whatever. Multi-person escape pods would be OK. I don't think they're really necessary, but they wouldn't hurt anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Escape pod ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Escape pod ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Escape pod ideas
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next