Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Escape pod ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which means of escape?
Escape pods
80%
 80% [ 12 ]
Teleporters
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
Other idea (Comment)
13%
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15
 

AuthorMessage
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 204
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere in Space

PostSubject: Escape pod ideas   Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Hey people its Julo here.
I've got a few ideas about escape pods.
I think escape pods should work like in lunar lander from Atari, so that it got an engine with which you can slow down the fall of it and little engines so that you can steer your pod and choose your landing place.
Also there should be an explorer pod/escape pod MK II with which you can start from the planet and dock on an orbital satellite/station/spaceship.

For everybody who wants to Play Lunar Lander, it's here

Hey, I made some pictures about how the Escape pods MKI and MKII could look like:
First the Escape pod MKI
Spoiler:
 

The engines of the escape pod MKII are a little bit bigger.
No pics. yet (technical problems). But they will follow


Last edited by Julo on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:31 pm


Uh For the first drone it's nice but I think most of our ships will get blown in space and not in atmosphere , maybe many KMs away from planets. I imagine escape pods as small craft with a crash hyperspace drive - it's role is to drive the escape pod away from the battlefield to safety where the pod will wait for retrieval. It will have fuel reserve only for the crash jump (Note that the normal engines will have more fuel so it can be retrieved easily) which would free up space for more survivors and supplies .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:38 pm

Heh. I had forgotten that game.

I agree, sort of like drop pods.

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 727
Join date : 2012-06-20
Age : 104
Location : omnipresent

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Having two models of escape pod is a good idea. It should be pilotable to a point, but only in the atmosphere of the nearest planet. The next version of the escape pod could be more controllable, it can fly to a ship or a planet that is selected by the pilot. A shuttle is used to ferry people from place to place without the prerequisite of the ship being destroyed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 204
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere in Space

PostSubject: RE: Escape pod ideas   Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:46 am

Iv121 wrote:

Uh For the first drone it's nice but I think most of our ships will get blown in space and not in atmosphere , maybe many KMs away from planets. I imagine escape pods as small craft with a crash hyperspace drive - it's role is to drive the escape pod away from the battlefield to safety where the pod will wait for retrieval. It will have fuel reserve only for the crash jump (Note that the normal engines will have more fuel so it can be retrieved easily) which would free up space for more survivors and supplies .

Your right that the ship will be blown up in Space kms away from the Planet but the Escape pods will be launched through a launch Tube so that they are pretty fast when they falling Down to the Planet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyranid_Player
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2012-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:26 am

why escape pods ???
You could simply set up an system of emergency Teleporters which are powered by energy cristals or so.


Last edited by Tyranid_Player on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:44 am

Cool3303(I know it's you, you always were a supporter of teleporters), no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyranid_Player
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2012-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:46 am

ACH0225 wrote:
Cool3303(I know it's you, you always were a supporter of teleporters), no.
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
DAFUQ???

You are thinking i am him because I support teleporters?!?!?!
BTW:I cant see your point no isnt an legit argument.


Last edited by Tyranid_Player on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:57 am

Also, your grammar is horrid, same as before, just without the random capitalizations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyranid_Player
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2012-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:05 am

ACH0225 wrote:
Also, your grammar is horrid, same as before, just without the random capitalizations.

Yeah i turned off the setting in my I-pod MOMENT THIS WAS A TRAP

I already wondered why nobody noticed it. Mackeroth already assumed this.But yeah Ip-ban (HAHAHAHAHA Piece of Crap)

Just dont ban me I started completely new (without the purpose to kill you) and It would be useless to bann me anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:16 am

ACH0225 wrote:
Also, your grammar is horrid, same as before, just without the random capitalizations.

Look at his posts: Teleporters, Simply, Legit, etc. That's random capitals if I ever saw them.

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:19 am

It's a noticable difference from before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 204
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere in Space

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:30 am

I don't like the idea of Teleporters, because they use too much Energy, and the Energy which is Used by the teleporters could also be Used for emergency shields. Escape pods don't use so much Energy, because they just fall and don't disintegrate People and let them spawn somewhere Else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyranid_Player
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2012-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:04 am

Julo wrote:
I don't like the idea of Teleporters, because they use too much Energy, and the Energy which is Used by the teleporters could also be Used for emergency shields. Escape pods don't use so much Energy, because they just fall and don't disintegrate People and let them spawn somewhere Else.

The Point is the Space which is required to build an Escape pod is enough to build an Teleporter whith enough energy(in form of energy crystals) to teleport multiple Persons away

Also Escape Pods are usless in case of space battles because It wont be a problem for the guy who destroyed your ship to send out fighters which destroy the Escape Pods
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:12 am

Tyranid_Player wrote:
Julo wrote:
I don't like the idea of Teleporters, because they use too much Energy, and the Energy which is Used by the teleporters could also be Used for emergency shields. Escape pods don't use so much Energy, because they just fall and don't disintegrate People and let them spawn somewhere Else.

The Point is the Space which is required to build an Escape pod is enough to build an Teleporter whith enough energy(in form of energy crystals) to teleport multiple Persons away

Also Escape Pods are usless in case of space battles because It wont be a problem for the guy who destroyed your ship to send out fighters which destroy the Escape Pods
But the teleporter still uses much more energy than an escape pod, even if it's not physically any bigger. And escape pods should probably be invulnerable, like diplomatic ships. Although the pod hunters from the Malevolence episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars are pretty awesome.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyranid_Player
Newbie
Newbie
avatar

Posts : 80
Join date : 2012-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:15 am

Warmaster Tsavong Lah wrote:
Tyranid_Player wrote:
Julo wrote:
I don't like the idea of Teleporters, because they use too much Energy, and the Energy which is Used by the teleporters could also be Used for emergency shields. Escape pods don't use so much Energy, because they just fall and don't disintegrate People and let them spawn somewhere Else.

The Point is the Space which is required to build an Escape pod is enough to build an Teleporter whith enough energy(in form of energy crystals) to teleport multiple Persons away

Also Escape Pods are usless in case of space battles because It wont be a problem for the guy who destroyed your ship to send out fighters which destroy the Escape Pods
But the teleporter still uses much more energy than an escape pod, even if it's not physically any bigger. And escape pods should probably be invulnerable, like diplomatic ships. Although the pod hunters from the Malevolence episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars are pretty awesome.

Why are you caring about the energy?!?!?!?
Do you think you will get an award for saving energy if 3/4 of our crew die because of missing escape Pods???
The point is that this Teleporters wont use energy from the ship because they have energy crystals which power them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:21 am

Tyranid_Player wrote:
Warmaster Tsavong Lah wrote:
Tyranid_Player wrote:
Julo wrote:
I don't like the idea of Teleporters, because they use too much Energy, and the Energy which is Used by the teleporters could also be Used for emergency shields. Escape pods don't use so much Energy, because they just fall and don't disintegrate People and let them spawn somewhere Else.

The Point is the Space which is required to build an Escape pod is enough to build an Teleporter whith enough energy(in form of energy crystals) to teleport multiple Persons away

Also Escape Pods are usless in case of space battles because It wont be a problem for the guy who destroyed your ship to send out fighters which destroy the Escape Pods
But the teleporter still uses much more energy than an escape pod, even if it's not physically any bigger. And escape pods should probably be invulnerable, like diplomatic ships. Although the pod hunters from the Malevolence episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars are pretty awesome.

Why are you caring about the energy?!?!?!?
Do you think you will get an award for saving energy if 3/4 of our crew die because of missing escape Pods???
The point is that this Teleporters wont use energy from the ship because they have energy crystals which power them.
But those crystals will be really expensive, if they can provide enough energy to run a teleporter. Why would you want to spend tens of thousands of credits on energy crystals when you could have a perfectly good escape pod for a few hundred?

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:16 am

And if you did have these energy crystals that could teleport people to somewhere, teleporting every crew member, I sure would want them charging my shields. With those helping shields, I doubt the ship would fall.

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 204
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere in Space

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:23 pm

Tyranid_Player wrote:
Julo wrote:
I don't like the idea of Teleporters, because they use too much Energy, and the Energy which is Used by the teleporters could also be Used for emergency shields. Escape pods don't use so much Energy, because they just fall and don't disintegrate People and let them spawn somewhere Else.

The Point is the Space which is required to build an Escape pod is enough to build an Teleporter whith enough energy(in form of energy crystals) to teleport multiple Persons away

Also Escape Pods are usless in case of space battles because It wont be a problem for the guy who destroyed your ship to send out fighters which destroy the Escape Pods

But in the forum stands, that an escape pod is one by two blocks high and that they are crafted so that you can put them into a chest.
This means, that you take it out of a chest, place it into a launch tube and fly to the planet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 19
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Julo wrote:
Tyranid_Player wrote:
Julo wrote:
I don't like the idea of Teleporters, because they use too much Energy, and the Energy which is Used by the teleporters could also be Used for emergency shields. Escape pods don't use so much Energy, because they just fall and don't disintegrate People and let them spawn somewhere Else.

The Point is the Space which is required to build an Escape pod is enough to build an Teleporter whith enough energy(in form of energy crystals) to teleport multiple Persons away

Also Escape Pods are usless in case of space battles because It wont be a problem for the guy who destroyed your ship to send out fighters which destroy the Escape Pods

But in the forum stands, that an escape pod is one by two blocks high and that they are crafted so that you can put them into a chest.
This means, that you take it out of a chest, place it into a launch tube and fly to the planet.
Have you read the outdated summary?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:54 am

Ivan2006 wrote:
Julo wrote:
Tyranid_Player wrote:
Julo wrote:
I don't like the idea of Teleporters, because they use too much Energy, and the Energy which is Used by the teleporters could also be Used for emergency shields. Escape pods don't use so much Energy, because they just fall and don't disintegrate People and let them spawn somewhere Else.

The Point is the Space which is required to build an Escape pod is enough to build an Teleporter whith enough energy(in form of energy crystals) to teleport multiple Persons away

Also Escape Pods are usless in case of space battles because It wont be a problem for the guy who destroyed your ship to send out fighters which destroy the Escape Pods

But in the forum stands, that an escape pod is one by two blocks high and that they are crafted so that you can put them into a chest.
This means, that you take it out of a chest, place it into a launch tube and fly to the planet.
Have you read the outdated summary?

This still holds true, but you can't put them in a chest. Once you place them in a launch tube, it stats there until someone gets in it.

_________________



Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.


Spoiler:
 



Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
avatar

Posts : 204
Join date : 2012-07-06
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere in Space

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Julo wrote:
Tyranid_Player wrote:
Julo wrote:
I don't like the idea of Teleporters, because they use too much Energy, and the Energy which is Used by the teleporters could also be Used for emergency shields. Escape pods don't use so much Energy, because they just fall and don't disintegrate People and let them spawn somewhere Else.

The Point is the Space which is required to build an Escape pod is enough to build an Teleporter whith enough energy(in form of energy crystals) to teleport multiple Persons away

Also Escape Pods are usless in case of space battles because It wont be a problem for the guy who destroyed your ship to send out fighters which destroy the Escape Pods

But in the forum stands, that an escape pod is one by two blocks high and that they are crafted so that you can put them into a chest.
This means, that you take it out of a chest, place it into a launch tube and fly to the planet.
Have you read the outdated summary?

This still holds true, but you can't put them in a chest. Once you place them in a launch tube, it stats there until someone gets in it.

And what do you do before you Place them into the Launch tube?
You craft it so that you have to Place it into your inventory so that you can put it into a chest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
avatar

Posts : 584
Join date : 2012-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:01 pm

No escape! No surrender!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine
avatar

Posts : 1473
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 20
Location : A Death World, stopping a Waaagh!

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Life Bo-ats and escape pods. Maybe tele around inside a ship to get somewhere that would otherwise be a pain to get to using an elevator or just stairs (aux. stairs would be a good idea if the teleporters have malfunctioned somehow).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
Life Bo-ats and escape pods. Maybe tele around inside a ship to get somewhere that would otherwise be a pain to get to using an elevator or just stairs (aux. stairs would be a good idea if the teleporters have malfunctioned somehow).
What good would Life Bo-ats do in space? Do you mean like larger escape pods, or like dropships/corvettes in a hangar that people can escape in? I think having a hangar full of ships is always a good thing, but they shouldn't be only Life Bo-ats. They should just be normal ships, that you could flee in, or fly in combat, or whatever. Multi-person escape pods would be OK. I don't think they're really necessary, but they wouldn't hurt anything.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Escape pod ideas   

Back to top Go down
 
Escape pod ideas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Escape to Hawaii Photo Contest *usa only*
» I need a hobby..any ideas?
» Valloween
» Drawing Contest!
» Not Another Racial Harmony Photo Contest *Singapore only*

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: