Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Solaris: New Faction Server!

Go down 
+12
skeletonman101
Talon
Last_Jedi_Standing
Sight
Dux Tell31
Keon
Commander Error
hyperlite
Caramell
Tiel+
ACH0225
The Schmetterling
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Talon
Talon

Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 4:30 am

Well Altera has fallen apart, a schism has occurred and our glorious existence has cascaded. Perhaps Mackeroth, you were being a bit of a dictator, a good faction has equal say in matters. Maybe we need to share responsibilities and authority more evenly?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 8:27 am

Talon93 wrote:
Well Altera has fallen apart, a schism has occurred and our glorious existence has cascaded. Perhaps Mackeroth, you were being a bit of a dictator, a good faction has equal say in matters. Maybe we need to share responsibilities and authority more evenly?

I am the only one who doesn't blow people up when they disagree. People think I'm a dictator, ruthless, arrogant, and uptight. This is... mostly... true, but most of us are. We can never agree on anything, so a ruthless dictator is the only way to get things done.

So, unless you can find a solution to a leadership problem that's plagued us since day 1 of Futurecraft: please tell me.

I am an architect by nature: I like to design things my way, and I like not having other people interfere.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 11:07 am

I think every day, we have a different person from Altera as leader, until one of us proves to be the best option.
Back to top Go down
skeletonman101

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 12:42 pm

hey people sorrey to interupt but im doing the IP and isent working is this truely the IP?

Arrow 909.188.23.250:25602
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:07 pm

skeletonman101 wrote:
hey people sorrey to interupt but im doing the IP and isent working is this truely the IP?

Arrow 909.188.23.250:25602

No. You read it wrong, the IP is 209.188.23.250:25602
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 2:06 pm

No offense, Mack, but you seem to have adopted an incredibly superior attitude in the last couple weeks. As you are someone who self-admittedly has a hard time compartmentalizing online personas, I highly recommend that you stop now. Just my take on things.

I'd say that you should give me a chance as a main leader, but even though I don't micromanage, I wouldn't be liked any better. Possibly even worse.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
No offense, Mack, but you seem to have adopted an incredibly superior attitude in the last couple weeks. As you are someone who self-admittedly has a hard time compartmentalizing online personas, I highly recommend that you stop now. Just my take on things.

I'd say that you should give me a chance as a main leader, but even though I don't micromanage, I wouldn't be liked any better. Possibly even worse.

As I said before, we should all try.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 5:50 pm

Talon93 wrote:

I think you're being a little overdramatic here. One member leaving doesn't equate to a schism. One member leaving and being treated like crap, while a good example of dickishness, is not a schism. I made a proposal on the page before this one- you guys need to finish the council chamber and actually vote on things, not ask a guy closer to mack what you should do and hope you're doing it right. There must be democracy.

To recount yesterday's events,

I logged in, and immediately staked my claim on the tower, as I had built most of it. Scout37 and Mackeroth immediately joined battle and kept saying it was a community project, even though I had built like 88% of it and the rest was added on without my permission. My analogy was taking a crap on a rich man's lawn and then saying that he has to share his mansion since you 'added' on to it. At this point Scout started trying to kill me with flint and steel and drowning, and then I'm assuming Mackeroth msg'd him to destroy the tower, which he started doing. Mackeroth, Scout, and Talon started throwing around notions of destroying the building entirely. Eventually Mackeroth said I could keep the tower, but from then on I wouldn't have access to community resources, which set me off. I think both of us are at fault here.
Back to top Go down
Talon
Talon

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 6:00 pm

"Mackeroth, Scout, and Talon started throwing around notions of destroying the building entirely" That put a big grin on my face Very Happy
But I have managed to live off my own resources, no community, while still donating half of my own resources to the community. I am sure anyone else can do it as well as I.

And one of my most distinctive personality features is... being overdramatic
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 5:15 pm

I admit, i was looking forward to blowing <CENSORED> up and lighting things on fire. I always do. Its one of affects of being in a boy scout troop such as mine. If you must know why it would have this affect, i will tell you this. We have started calling lighter fluid "scout juice".
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:18 am

I vote for democracy. (See the irony?)

Anyway, I don't get the point. What is our goal. We could build a starship, but it can't move. We could attack the other factions -- Oh wait. Peaceful. We could start a nuclear weapons program. Oh wait. TNT's off in the factions. We could become a city of gates. Oh wait. Not allowed. We could build random monoliths everywhere. Oh wait. That has no point.

We could build a full scale model of Minas Tirith? Or of Isneguard. Or Barad-dûr. But pointless, in the end. We could become the most powerful faction? Depending on how you judge, we are. We have the most members, we have the most power, I don't know about materials, but most of that was hacked. The largest? No point. We could all live in one tile. All we would need to do is develop it.

Find a point soon or I won't really go on much. I go on servers to better my faction or self. At this point, that doesn't mater. Its a dumb type of server I like to call the NotPeaceful. It should be peaceful, and might as well be creative, because there's no threat to happen in survival. Plus, it adds on factions. Factions depends on battling. We do none of that.

If the server divided into two main factions, and went to war, that would be great. It would not be easy, but one side could win or lose. Say 2 or 4 empire factions, each with 30 to 50 land (An equal amount to start) with some middle ground. We start and see what happens. If a faction is eliminated, they could decide to join a surviving faction, perhaps divided equally to make teams fair. This is a server I would play on.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:20 pm

yeah, what keon said.
Back to top Go down
skeletonman101

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:19 pm

Is there going to be a civil war affraid im afraid
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:04 pm

skeletonman101 wrote:
Is there going to be a civil war affraid im afraid

At least something would happen. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:37 pm

So I leave the faction, and bam, civil war. wtf guys, can't start a war without me No
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:46 am

Tiel wrote:
So I leave the faction, and bam, civil war. wtf guys, can't start a war without me No

I'm just starting step 53.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:39 pm

Why don't we advertise for other people to join?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Mack sold the advertising rights, and no one's really sure what those consist of. Better safe than sorry Wink
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:17 pm

Not for the mod, for the server! So we have people to murder.... Let them build up, then reap them.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:18 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Not for the mod, for the server! So we have people to murder.... Let them build up, then reap them.

The thing about advertising though, is that people will probably not join just to spite the annoying ad.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Tiel wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

The thing about advertising though, is that people will probably not join just to spite the annoying ad.

I mean make sigs in the MC forums that lead to the thread there for the server.
Back to top Go down
Sight

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:16 am

ACH0225 wrote:
Tiel wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

Agreed. This would help us exponentially.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:30 am

Sight wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Tiel wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

Agreed. This would help us exponentially.

Since you agree.... You do it.
Back to top Go down
Sight

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:46 am

I've already got a PlanetMinecraft page set up, along with my moderators and players headed out into the forums to advertise to players searching for servers. So far, I've had it all covered. I'm not asking for you to do anything, but since you're all up in arms to have a faction war. I'm going to say go for it on your own. Because I honestly have no opinion on the matter. If players wish to war, they can war. If players wish to remain peaceful, others can't simply demand that they change their minds.

So, players who wish to start wars are free to browse the internet in search of possible new players for the server. I'm doing my part.
Back to top Go down
Elimist

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 3:59 am

I'm just going to go ahead and clarify real quick. I truly don't care about these "advertisement rights" that everyone seems to be so worked up about. I also don't care if you get on the server or not. But it's at heart a survival server. That's it. There are other plugins, but the point is to play minecraft with your friends. So to what's the name; Keon? You're asking what's the point ant saying that there's no challenge or whatever; that it should be on peaceful or creative. It's simple SMP. If that isn't what you want to play, then I'm sorry.

If you want to have a faction war, then get your people together, make two factions, and start a war. Not everyone that plays on the server wants a faction war, and we aren't going to force one on them. But clearly if you want one, Mackeroth and Tiel would make excellent generals fighting each other. Also, Altera was made Peaceful because your players requested it.

And finally, to address the question about player shops earlier. If you make one, then more power to you. But you'll have to rely on selling them the item and them using /pay to pay you for it. But if you're willing to do that, then feel free to open a shop.

the_elimist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solaris: New Faction Server!   Solaris: New Faction Server! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solaris: New Faction Server!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next