Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Concerning the Faction: Altera

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sight
Newbie
Newbie


Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:02 am

After some discussion with the administrators and the moderators, as well as a large portion of the player base (Who will remain anonymous). We decided to remove the Altera faction. We were all in agreement that the faction's status on the server was well... it was sub-par. The 'town' was built on a pre-existing ruin, which gives it a major advantage over all other players, the players were augmented with diamonds that were obtained via xray mods and clients, and the arguments that had arisen out of the faction as a whole were simply ridiculous.

It was completely unfair of me to allow creation of the faction in the first place. None of the players had ever been on the server before, and the faction leader had showed no support for the server and or our players. Factions are something that are created with a larger player-base in mind, for players that have equal thoughts on how a kingdom should be ran.

Furthermore, Altera rectified control over a portion of the nether (which is not allowed due to limitations on entering and obtaining basic materials). While the space was taken down, it was eventually reclaimed without the knowledge of an administrator or moderator. The owner also claimed the property of a lone player, who has been on the Betelgeuse Server since day one; thus claiming all of his land, and his items, without his permission and or without asking if he'd like to be a part of the faction.

On the more colloquial note: If I've offended anyone by taking down the faction, tough shit. You need to actually play on the server before you get higher permissions and rights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:44 am

But sight, you brooked no protest when we first built on the ruin. Also, internal faction difficulties should be handled by people in the faction. I feel removing stuff because of Xraying would have been justified, you just, essentially, griefed us. Also, justifying removal of faction because of being new to the server is unjust. If another group with influence comes on and makes a faction, will you delete the faction because they are new? We were trying to solve our political problems, and the faction would have either split or fused, depending on how things worked out. Our player base is also ours to decide. And while I have no knowledge of the Nether incident and such, I feel those are hardly justification for eliminating a faction. I know I have little chance of reversing your decision, I simply wanted to give you my take on your actions. In summary, I find the actions of the staff of Solaria to be tyrannical, offensive, and unjustifiable, and I will begin searching for another server to go to if relations continue to sour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elimist
Newbie
Newbie


Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:40 am

Allow me to intervene.

Saying that it was unjust to remove your faction because you are new to the server is utterly flawed. It was not removed due to you being new, it was removed due to:
  • Consistent complaints by other players
  • By the aforementioned claiming of land in the Nether, which as Sight stated hampers other players ability to enter the Nether
  • And finally due to the claiming of a veteran member's property.


These reasons coupled with the fact that the faction was given to the player Mackeroth as part of an agreement, the terms of which have not been upheld, are what resulted in the disbanding of Altera. Had Altera been created the way factions were intended to be, by playing and earning enough iConomy money to create one, then it would have been left alone.

I fail to see how the actions of the Betelgeuse staff have been tyrannical or unjustifiable; offensive being subjective. In short, as I said before, I truly do not care if you play on this server or not. I'm merely clarifying where we stand.

-the_elimist
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:14 am

And so there goes 20 hours of my life.

_________________



Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.


Spoiler:
 



Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Listen up you hosting retards. If you are gonna let a bunch of new people on your server you can't expect them to actually follow rules, even if posted, then the instant they don't you remove them. If you want to to notify a moderator before claiming any land in the nether take that permission away, don't penalize them for it. If you think every one of us read all of your rules, you need to get real. All this formal talk is nonsense, you guys absolutely suck at hosting, I could have destroyed Evalance in the beginning and should have. I have absolutely no respect for you morons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elimist
Newbie
Newbie


Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Right then, I'll drop the formality/stop being polite.

Ahem.

lol, umadbro?

if you don't like the server, then fuck off. There are other people who do. We've been doing this for a while, and you're the first group that's had a problem with it. And if you think you could have "destroyed Evalance in the beginning", then you need to "get real".

-the_elimist
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:54 pm

You cannot manage people at all. You suck, you don't without warning get rid of a faction, then you are not decisive with pvp, and factions raiding. If you want to stab someone in the back that is part of factions. You confuse me and many others. Also how has your server been up for a year but you rarely have many people online, like over 8? Because of this same scenario, you confuse people and then get rid of them. You give us a castle, and after we get comfortable there, and really build up, you say it was unfair and take it away. I could understand that with the diamonds I X-rayed, those were not legitimate and that is fine to confiscate those. But to get rid of our faction without notice is ridiculous, you have to give people warning. Now 75% of your entire player base is gone. You might get bored sitting on your terrible server alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elimist
Newbie
Newbie


Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:59 pm

Yep. You're mad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:14 pm

You don't even have a good response to back yourself up, so you try to be funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 106
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:28 pm

I understand, really I do. But please, no swearing and try to be civil.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Elimist
Newbie
Newbie


Posts : 5
Join date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:43 pm

I believe I have been civil? It's your members that have flown off the handle.

And I "don't have a response" because I don't feel the need to justify that with one. We have players, and claiming that you're 75% of our player base when none of you, barring Tiel, see fit to get on is pants on head retarded.

Also, my apologies for the swearing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sight
Newbie
Newbie


Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:54 pm

hyperlite wrote:

>You cannot manage people at all.
>You suck,
>you don't without warning get rid of a faction,
>then you are not decisive with pvp, and factions raiding.
>If you want to stab someone in the back that is part of factions.
>You confuse me and many others.
>Also how has your server been up for a year but you rarely have many people online, like over 8? Because of this same scenario, you confuse people and then get rid of them.
>You give us a castle, and after we get comfortable there, and really build up, you say it was unfair and take it away.
>I could understand that with the diamonds I X-rayed, those were not legitimate and that is fine to confiscate those. But to get rid of our faction without notice is ridiculous, you have to give people warning. Now 75% of your entire player base is gone.
>You might get bored sitting on your terrible server alone.

Let me attempt to answer all of these:

>Coming from someone who is part of a community who constantly argues just because they can. Who also have no physical proof of any real progress on a mod they've been anticipating for quite a long time. I'm not saying it's not real, I'm saying you're pathetic because you whine and complain about everything. You have no management, for example: Mackeroth thinks he's the hottest thing on this planet while it looks like Fr0st does all the work.

>Debatable.

>We did, and we'd do it again.

>We are decisive. We stated all the rules, and we're all pretty sure that you can't simply 'raid' a faction due to being unable to destroy other factions' structures, open their chests, set off tnt, or build in their claimed areas.

>I don't care if you stab someone in the back that's part of your community, hence why Tiel got fed up and came to chill in Solaria. I'd want to get out of a situation like that as well.

>It's what I do.

>We've been through about 4 remakes due to issues with real life situations with our players. We change to accommodate the players who have issues with their lives. We talk to them on Skype, we find out what's wrong and we talk with them.

>It was unfair, you especially should know this Mr. Diamond Xray.

>75% of our player-base that never got online and actually interacted, instead they bickered and complained about their own short-comings.

>Not even, we've been at this for quite some time. I personally am looking forward to doing this for quite awhile still.

Post Script,
Have a nice day.

Post Post Script,
I will not drop the formal talk myself, because I think it proves a point.

Post Post Post Script,
It also makes trolls angry, which is always a plus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2346
Join date : 2012-01-01
Location : I might be somewhere, I might not.

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Well. I do appreciate having a civil conversation, but I really do think that the complete obliteration of our faction was unjust. While you do own the server, and everything in it, I say again what you did was griefing. We didn't really bicker that much, and we had brooked no protest when hyper was banned. I think a better way of handling the situation would have been to have taken half the diamonds, removed the nether claim, and fixed what happened with the other player. You chose to delete the faction, which has lead to so many argents that could have easily been avoided.

Once again, just my take on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:25 pm

Sight wrote:
hyperlite wrote:

>You cannot manage people at all.
>You suck,
>you don't without warning get rid of a faction,
>then you are not decisive with pvp, and factions raiding.
>If you want to stab someone in the back that is part of factions.
>You confuse me and many others.
>Also how has your server been up for a year but you rarely have many people online, like over 8? Because of this same scenario, you confuse people and then get rid of them.
>You give us a castle, and after we get comfortable there, and really build up, you say it was unfair and take it away.
>I could understand that with the diamonds I X-rayed, those were not legitimate and that is fine to confiscate those. But to get rid of our faction without notice is ridiculous, you have to give people warning. Now 75% of your entire player base is gone.
>You might get bored sitting on your terrible server alone.

Let me attempt to answer all of these:

>Coming from someone who is part of a community who constantly argues just because they can. Who also have no physical proof of any real progress on a mod they've been anticipating for quite a long time. I'm not saying it's not real, I'm saying you're pathetic because you whine and complain about everything. You have no management, for example: Mackeroth thinks he's the hottest thing on this planet while it looks like Fr0st does all the work. I stated this in other threads multiple times.

>Debatable. Agreed. Who also agrees Solaris sucks

>We did, and we'd do it again. This is another reason why you suck

>We are decisive. We stated all the rules, and we're all pretty sure that you can't simply 'raid' a faction due to being unable to destroy other factions' structures, open their chests, set off tnt, or build in their claimed areas. You don't understand factions, if you have a more powerful one you can claim a part of the area then fling tnt at their chests and structures with a tnt cannon, consisting of water and half blocks.

>I don't care if you stab someone in the back that's part of your community, hence why Tiel got fed up and came to chill in Solaria. I'd want to get out of a situation like that as well. I was in Evalance when I first got on and I was going to grief it like crazy, then leave with all the stuff I got. You saw my plan.

>It's what I do. Which is another reason why you suck, stop that, this is why you are not liked.

>We've been through about 4 remakes due to issues with real life situations with our players. We change to accommodate the players who have issues with their lives. We talk to them on Skype, we find out what's wrong and we talk with them. Would you get rid of their factions without warning because of something they did against the rules, like claiming land in the nether, or other players land?

>It was unfair, you especially should know this Mr. Diamond Xray. THEN WHY DID YOU GIVE IT TO US?!?!?!! WHO DOES THAT?!?!? JUST TELL US TO MAKE OUR OWN CASTLE!!!! YOU DON'T GIVE A CRAP MR. WE LOVE ALL OUR MEMBERS AND ADJUST FOR THEM!!!

>75% of our player-base that never got online and actually interacted, instead they bickered and complained about their own short-comings. We hardly talked to you at all. We save our complaining for here, why don't we just ban you?

>Not even, we've been at this for quite some time. I personally am looking forward to doing this for quite awhile still.

Have fun on your server 4 people like and everyone else hates.

Post Script,
Have a nice day.

Post Post Script,
I will not drop the formal talk myself, because I think it proves a point.

Post Post Post Script,
It also makes trolls angry, which is always a plus.

Lock this stupid thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 106
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:44 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Lock this stupid thread.
Yes, I think I will. I wasn't part of the server so I don't know exactly what's going on here, but this thread is just too angry. If this is something that needs to be discussed, surely there are better places to do it.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
avatar

Posts : 3123
Join date : 2011-08-31
Location : I'm a butterfly.

PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:00 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Listen up you hosting retards. If you are gonna let a bunch of new people on your server you can't expect them to actually follow rules, even if posted, then the instant they don't you remove them. If you want to to notify a moderator before claiming any land in the nether take that permission away, don't penalize them for it. If you think every one of us read all of your rules, you need to get real. All this formal talk is nonsense, you guys absolutely suck at hosting, I could have destroyed Evalance in the beginning and should have. I have absolutely no respect for you morons.

Sorry, who hacked your forum account?

_________________



Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.


Spoiler:
 



Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Concerning the Faction: Altera   

Back to top Go down
 
Concerning the Faction: Altera
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Server Stuff-
Jump to: