Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Project "Black Moon"

Go down 
+12
The Schmetterling
Last_Jedi_Standing
TacticalSheep5
Keon
superninjakiwi
Laserbilly
Commander Kobialka
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
Son of Wolves
ACH0225
blockman42
Iv121
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Should we use advantureCraft ?
Yes it would be cool to have special blocks, scripts, better mob spanners etc.
Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Vote_lcap22%Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
No the mod will not be popular there and it's more challenging without it.
Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Vote_lcap30%Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 7 ]
I have no idea what it is and I should probably go to the link below
Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Vote_lcap9%Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
SPACE COOKIEZ !
Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Vote_lcap39%Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 39% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:37 am

PancakePicnic wrote:
Looks good. I thought it will be a bit older. I made there a texture of really tinny bricks for you. You can use it for the floor, it will give some old look to it. I want the areas to be like 5 mins in length (if you rush through) . How much space is that ? I have no idea, depends on you.

Well I tried to make it look late 40's and some early 1920's buildings to add variation... But there will be A LOT of bricks.....
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:18 am

Just replace the road with the tinny bricks and it will be fine. You can leave the grass. As for your creation Mac I didn't want to offend you and something and I didn't say it looks bad. I said it doesn't fit the setting. You can keep it and we will put it in front of the research center .
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:47 am

Okay, I'll make sure to do that.

BTW: is 43,274 square meters big enough?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 11:58 am

Martin Luther King, Jr. wrote:
PancakePicnic wrote:
Looks good. I thought it will be a bit older. I made there a texture of really tinny bricks for you. You can use it for the floor, it will give some old look to it. I want the areas to be like 5 mins in length (if you rush through) . How much space is that ? I have no idea, depends on you.

Well. You walk at 1 block per second (I think). 5 minutes is 300 second, so 300 blocks long?

And why is it that my park is bad bust his townhouses are good?

I feel discriminated against.
You walk faster than 1 metre/second. The default Minecraft speed is 1 block/click, and I don't know how many clicks there are in a second. It's more than 1, though.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
PancakePicnic wrote:

Well. You walk at 1 block per second (I think). 5 minutes is 300 second, so 300 blocks long?

You walk faster than 1 metre/second. The default Minecraft speed is 1 block/click, and I don't know how many clicks there are in a second. It's more than 1, though.

Well than my 60 houses and 4 apartments should be enough.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:23 pm

blockman42 wrote:
PancakePicnic wrote:

Quite fast. If it's just copied over you'll need to variant it a bit. It's nice to enter a nice house but if you enter it 60 times it's not that nice ... I'm not only talking about the houses. I don't want them just to walk through the streets. In my section the player will climb ruined buildings, jump from a window to another, go between holes in walls, jump down into the sewers, cross the street inside a wooden barricade. He will see on his way many ruined buildings , wooden outposts, parks, small alleys, wide streets, some well preserved buildings, eventually he will get into a big compound, change the wide open streets for close quarters combat, flat x/y combat into Z axis combat while he fights his way up the building to the comm unit where he'll see all what he passed from above. Though my section should be more x/y combat and fights through ruined buildings I find a way to add allot of variation on the way.

Your section Blackman is more Z combat oriented. Remember that this area is heavily zombie infested. Travelling on the ground is dangerous business. Teach this the player by giving him a start on the ground. On the far side of the street there will be many zombies (Don't add them now we'll worry about it later) that will try to get the player. Leave him some way to go up. Now when he is above the ground his way will be built out of catwalks, wooden platforms (use wooden slabs) etc. The player will enter the house's top floors, go from one roof to another, sometimes he will get down. We'll make sure he will be nervous as hell when he’s down and that he will run like hell to the closest stairs Smile , just don't overuse this or it will loose effectiveness. In the end of the sector we have a church that serves as a base. It's located near a hill on the far side of the town, built on high ground and surrounded by fences.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Iv121 wrote:
blockman42 wrote:
PancakePicnic wrote:

Quite fast. If it's just copied over you'll need to variant it a bit. It's nice to enter a nice house but if you enter it 60 times it's not that nice ... I'm not only talking about the houses. I don't want them just to walk through the streets. In my section the player will climb ruined buildings, jump from a window to another, go between holes in walls, jump down into the sewers, cross the street inside a wooden barricade. He will see on his way many ruined buildings , wooden outposts, parks, small alleys, wide streets, some well preserved buildings, eventually he will get into a big compound, change the wide open streets for close quarters combat, flat x/y combat into Z axis combat while he fights his way up the building to the comm unit where he'll see all what he passed from above. Though my section should be more x/y combat and fights through ruined buildings I find a way to add allot of variation on the way.

Your section Blockman is more Z combat oriented. Remember that this area is heavily zombie infested. Travelling on the ground is dangerous business. Teach this the player by giving him a start on the ground. On the far side of the street there will be many zombies (Don't add them now we'll worry about it later) that will try to get the player. Leave him some way to go up. Now when he is above the ground his way will be built out of catwalks, wooden platforms (use wooden slabs) etc. The player will enter the house's top floors, go from one roof to another, sometimes he will get down. We'll make sure he will be nervous as hell when he’s down and that he will run like hell to the closest stairs Smile , just don't overuse this or it will loose effectiveness. In the end of the sector we have a church that serves as a base. It's located near a hill on the far side of the town, built on high ground and surrounded by fences.

Got it...

I have about 4 building variations and the whole town is decently big. There is one problem, since the town is on a flat map I can make a hill but it might not look so good. Also, I have made some walkways over buildings etc... Making the mob spawners might be hard, but I can try. Overall the town looks good and it doesn't look like a "cookie-cutter" town.

Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 SjD2x
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 12:57 am

Don’t build spawners yet. Besides spawners spam mobs. Using dispensers make more sense, problem is to build a decent dispensing system , especially mid air like it will be in your map. Again adventure craft could make our lives way easier but you refuse to use it and didn't even tell me why .

also try to make the streets less straight. Make some small plazas, streets turning in diff directions etc.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:39 am

Iv121 wrote:
Just replace the road with the tinny bricks and it will be fine. You can leave the grass. As for your creation Mac I didn't want to offend you and something and I didn't say it looks bad. I said it doesn't fit the setting. You can keep it and we will put it in front of the research center .

Research center? Forget the park! I will create a center worthy of any mad scientist.

I'll build a two-three story ring, similar to Apple's new headquarters. I will create the secret underground lab that has various "test subjects" in it. Think creepy, then add Mackeroth.

Because I don't want to do the interior, most of the area will be inaccessible. Also, my "park" will become the central courtyard.

I might even add some of these features:

Spoiler:

For a better look at the design:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:05 am

The whole point mac is that most of the lab compound will be interior. If you're more into exteriors the park just fits as it is fully outside. I think tiel will be glad to work on the interior when I make some lab textures ...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:53 am

Iv121 wrote:
The whole point mac is that most of the lab compound will be interior. If you're more into exteriors the park just fits as it is fully outside. I think tiel will be glad to work on the interior when I make some lab textures ...

How's 'bout I do the exterior for the lab, and Tiel can do the interior.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:01 am

Iv121 wrote:

If you think you can arrange it yes. I will need to think deeper about it's design. I'll tell you what I want in it.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:10 am

Iv121 wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

If you think you can arrange it yes. I will need to think deeper about it's design. I'll tell you what I want in it.

Soon. This project is exciting me.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:14 pm

I'll try once more to convince you using AdvantureCraft

Yea I heard you think some of those tools are a bit complicated but you know you don't have to use them all, don't want to use the select and build tools (Which work like worldEdit but without typing ) ? Use MCedit ! It's still minecraft you know ... I'm sure you don't need scriping for example. If you just don't get how to use trigger blocks (Basically invisiable pressure plates) and other stuff I can do it for you ... It's not that complicated really, easier than building a redstone network for the dispensers ...

If you have major concerns about using advanturecraft let me know. I hope you didn't just randomly put a vote ...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Adventurecraft. I don't see why anyone wouldn't want it.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:35 pm

for anyone who wants it, here is the "version 1 old town"

http://www.mediafire.com/?ei3pe3y5xml58tl
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:53 am

Lacks some guidance. A bit short. The wooden church needs to be less ... wooden. Also I see you used the orange weird blocks. I was lanning to change their texture for the lab guys, keep that in mind. Also it doesn't look that old, more like modern houses with bricked roads. You will need to rebuild it . More handmade work ill be needed. It takes weeks to make a good map so I won't let you finish that easily.

I'll give you an example of a street. I'll build the beginning of the map.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 7:14 am

I've actually found an interesting flaw in AdvantureCraft: Even though the install accepts jars from different releases (latest being 1.2.5) it converts them into 1.7.3 Beta. It means all blocks and functions added from 1.8.1 and on will be disabled. We won't actually need most of them like new biome generation system or villages, but some blocks such as stone bricks , inverted slabs and stairs etc. won't be available. I can apply those textures to AdvantureCraft blocks (There are much more AdvantureCraft blocks than removed blocks means plenty of space for retexturing) but it will mean you will have to convert them manually. If you want to do this I can retexture the blocks, give you the correct IDs. If you have MCedit, you can select your map, choose "fill -> replace " , select the block you want to replace and in the replacement window type the ID I'll give you. It should convert your blocks into a purple block that will receive textures once you enter the map via AdvantureCraft. Should we do it ?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:13 am

Forget Adventurecraft. If people have to download a mod to play the map, people are less likely to play it.

So, can I do the lab exterior?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:47 am

Forget Adventurecraft. If people have to download a mod to play the map, people are less likely to play it.

We will need mods. Advanturecraft has it all in one mod and it is quite popular. otherwise we'll have to collect what we need, First we'll need a mod that makes night all the time or our zombies will simply die. We may want to add a good spawning system or we will have to do a lot of redstone wiring. If you do want to use advanturecraft I will need some help in converting the 16x16 textures into 32 so we can edit the blocks we need, you might help .

As for exterior lab talk with tiel and see if you can both make it (you exterior he interior).
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:59 pm

Just to let everyone know, I've started work on the UTD (is that right?) camp. The camp is about 100x100 blocks. It currently has large buildings, including: a vehicle hangar bay (I need better textures for vehicles, none of the ones available are good), a gatehouse, a storage facility (including a large explosives area), a landing pad with volatile fuel tanks, and soon what will be a jail. I will also add a laboratory, crew quarters, and more defenses.

I would like textures that look like corrugated iron, and some sort of cloth. Oh, and can't forget a metal material.

Spoiler:

I think that picture is from a slightly earlier time.

The speeder:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Iv121 wrote:

First we'll need a mod that makes night all the time or our zombies will simply die.

As for exterior lab talk with tiel and see if you can both make it (you exterior he interior).

or a mod to make zombies not die in daylight
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:52 am

UTD is "UTF Destroyer" which in your case is not right Razz . UTF, United Terran Forces . Whatever that stuff in the hangar bay no need in it. Just put some platforms for the assault gunships, some barracks etc. and make it look like a park.
Wait weren't you working on the outside of the lab ?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 6:00 am

Iv121 wrote:
UTD is "UTF Destroyer" which in your case is not right Razz . UTF, United Terran Forces . Whatever that stuff in the hangar bay no need in it. Just put some platforms for the assault gunships, some barracks etc. and make it look like a park.
Wait weren't you working on the outside of the lab ?

Yeah. I got bored.

I've started the park around the camp, it will have nice gardens, ponds, trees and hedges, a perimeter wall, lots of UTF defenses (including a massive trench around the camp), and a basketball-like court.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 6:03 am

You can defeat into the camp either by either blowing up the front gate, storming in and killing everyone, planting TNT everywhere and blowing the whole thing sky-high, or you can sneak in through a secret tunnel, covertly run through the camp, and plant charges at tactful locations (the fuel tanks and ammo storage).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project "Black Moon"
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next