Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Project "Black Moon"

Go down 
+12
The Schmetterling
Last_Jedi_Standing
TacticalSheep5
Keon
superninjakiwi
Laserbilly
Commander Kobialka
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
Son of Wolves
ACH0225
blockman42
Iv121
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Should we use advantureCraft ?
Yes it would be cool to have special blocks, scripts, better mob spanners etc.
Project "Black Moon" Vote_lcap22%Project "Black Moon" Vote_rcap
 22% [ 5 ]
No the mod will not be popular there and it's more challenging without it.
Project "Black Moon" Vote_lcap30%Project "Black Moon" Vote_rcap
 30% [ 7 ]
I have no idea what it is and I should probably go to the link below
Project "Black Moon" Vote_lcap9%Project "Black Moon" Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
SPACE COOKIEZ !
Project "Black Moon" Vote_lcap39%Project "Black Moon" Vote_rcap
 39% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Project "Black Moon" Empty
PostSubject: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 3:08 pm

About advantureCraft : http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/120456-125-adventurecraft-npc-pathing-blocks-r1095/

So I basically want to build a "small" adventure map called "Black Moon" . The story takes place in a middle of a zombiepocalypse , where survivors in a big quarantined city try to fight the invading zombies and the hostile UTF forces who try to destroy all infected and non-infected people in the quarantined zone. It's not going to be a really big open map but it's going to be quite detailed . I thought you might be willing to help me build that stuff . Here's an example how it's going to look like:

Spoiler:

It's only one zone that was quite damaged in the bombardments of the city. Other areas will have different looks such as intact abandoned houses (with furniture, blood and stuff), big open areas in parks where you are exposed to the UTF's soldiers (Retextured skeletons Smile ) and heavily infected areas filled with something like Starcraft's creep .

For those who are interested I'm now writing here a list of the required locations - you can choose one and I'll give more info about it.

Spoiler:

If want to help I'll give more details.

Current status:

City ruins - Iv121
Black avenue - Kobialka
Riverside Neightbourhood - Keon
The old town - Blockman42
"Black Moon" project lab - Mac & Tiel
Central park - NONE YET

might add more locations if we have more volunteers.

The texture pack: http://www.mediafire.com/?xcc12n020zb2p9c

Last edited by Iv121 on Tue May 29, 2012 7:03 am; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 3:14 pm

looks cool, I wanna try it out (once completed)
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 3:17 pm

So you don't want to help ??? Sad
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:22 pm

I would be willing to help, I have backround in the hatching of custom maps.
Back to top Go down
Son of Wolves
Recruit
Recruit
Son of Wolves

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:34 pm

I would help. You could probably make a server based on this, UTF guys being a faction, zombies and survivors being factions too (though maybe not zombies, it depends).
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 10:08 pm

Iv121 wrote:
So you don't want to help ??? Sad

Yes I would, maybe I could get some help (I have just been whitelisted on the VoxelBox)...
Back to top Go down
oFTWoHMANoFTWo
oFTWoHMANoFTWo

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:32 am

I can help you if you need it.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:51 am

Uh the voxel guys made a good map before maybe they'll want to help Smile . I'm actually glad you all want to help Very Happy .
If we can't get a server up (or the server we'll have won't work for me ... again.) it's possible to divide the work into diff areas , make them in SP and then connect them all into one map .

Here is a basic story:

In 2051 an incident in UTF's secret lab below Harlston releases into the atmosphere 100 L of CLN virus . Soon the area around the lab began developing weird syndromes - people went crazy and a weird mist appeared in the area. The UTF soon quarantined that area but as soon as it became clear some people were infected outside of the quarantined zone the UTF quarantined the whole city. They believed that the best way to deal with the virus would be to destroy the city - no need to spend money on vaccine, no need to investigate what happened and no way to point at who started all of that. Unfortunately after the first days of bombardment the public opinion turned around the UTF. The public opinion approved though the slaughter of zombies the UTF has already started, and so to deal with their problems the UTF needs to do it the old way - with bullets. The bloody fights in the infected city begin.

A year later a young refugee wants to help the rebels who protect civilians in the city and so he appears near one of their camps - ready for the unknown.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:09 pm

For those who are interested I'm now writing here a list of the required locations - you can choose one and I'll give more info about it.

1. Black avenue - a wide open main street that leads to the city hall. Heavy UTF presence. Most of the buildings are intact. The avenue has 3 floors tall buildings on it's sides and a thin line of dark trees and shrubbery in the middle. There are different blockades on the streets which forces the player to move between houses in order to advance through the avenue. The far side is full of zombies. The closer you get to the city hall the more UTF you see. The town hall is located in a middle of a small park. All other streets leading to the town hall are blocked. The town hall will include a small hold position against zombies. I thought about placing a dispenser cannon near the town hall that the player can control (shoots arrows when button pressed, rotates using the zeppelin mod. Should we do it ? ).

2. Riverside neighbourhood - you can't actually see the river. Small 2-3 floors tall buildings. A bit of trees. Buildings mostly intact. Medium amounts of zombies and small groups of UTF troops spread in key positions. Has pockets of survivors around ( I plan to use the NPCs mod. I should actually check first if I can pack all of those in one pack so people won't have to go to diff places). Your objective is to collect water from a water station located in the far side of the neighbourhood and bring it back. While someone fixes the pumps you must hold off against the invading zombies.

3. The old town - Old houses from the 20th century. 3 floors tall buildings, narrow bricked streets. Heavy zombie presence, spider mutations present, Tinny pockets of survivors. Best ways of transportation - roofs and bridges between houses. If you fall your probability of survival is not good. Buildings are intact. many routes above the ground built by the rebels. Your objective is to reach the secret research facility below a tinny church in that area and bring back the Disturber - a textured pickaxe to desterilize infected areas (in other words destroying mob spawners). Before going back you are sent to test that stuff - consider it your boss fight Razz .

4. The central park - big open areas, many trees and shrubs. Heavy zombie presence , UTF forces in the area. the park is a bit overgrown but mostly intact. The UTF have set up a camp in the middle of the park with heavy defences around it. The base was built to support the assault gunships (Retextured ghasts). Your objective is to take out the camp. Once you're in there you must protect the area against incoming UTF forces. At the end an assault gunship appears. The section is ended when you detonate the base.

For now we will only build the area itself. We are going to place monsters later with dispensers and redstone so keep that in mind and think about places you want to place those in. Usually the dispensers will be below a block in the corner like this :

B
DB____ so that the zombie spawns in the empty area between the blocks. The zombies appear and nobody will seethe dispensers.

General feeling of the map should fit it's style - all settings are moody, with few lights and an overall feel of an abandoned city. Try to use the textures existing in the pack, but if you really need more just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

The texture pack is "The end is extremely night" with some modified textures. I'll see what we need and modify it accordingly.

Last edited by Iv121 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:18 pm

I can help build a city. Do you want it as a schematic file?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Iv121 wrote:

1. Black avenue - a wide open main street that leads to the city hall. Heavy UTF presence. Most of the buildings are intact. The avenue has 3 floors tall buildings on it's sides and a thin line of dark trees and shrubbery in the middle. There are different blockades on the streets which forces the player to move between houses in order to advance through the avenue. The far side is full of zombies. The closer you get to the city hall the more UTF you see. The town hall is located in a middle of a small park. All other streets leading to the town hall are blocked. The town hall will include a small hold position against zombies. I thought about placing a dispenser cannon near the town hall that the player can control (shoots arrows when button pressed, rotates using the zeppelin mod. Should we do it ? ).

2. Riverside neighbourhood - you can't actually see the river. Small 2-3 floors tall buildings. A bit of trees. Buildings mostly intact. Medium amounts of zombies and small groups of UTF troops spread in key positions. Has pockets of survivors around ( I plan to use the NPCs mod. I should actually check first if I can pack all of those in one pack so people won't have to go to diff places). Your objective is to collect water from a water station located in the far side of the neighbourhood and bring it back. While someone fixes the pumps you must hold off against the invading zombies.

3. The old town - Old houses from the 20th century. 3 floors tall buildings, narrow bricked streets. Heavy zombie presence, spider mutations present, Tinny pockets of survivors. Best ways of transportation - roofs and bridges between houses. If you fall your probability of survival is not good. Buildings are intact. many routes above the ground built by the rebels. Your objective is to reach the secret research facility below a tinny church in that area and bring back the Disturber - a textured pickaxe to desterilize infected areas (in other words destroying mob spawners). Before going back you are sent to test that stuff - consider it your boss fight Razz .

4. The central park - big open areas, many trees and shrubs. Heavy zombie presence , UTF forces in the area. the park is a bit overgrown but mostly intact. The UTF have set up a camp in the middle of the park with heavy defences around it. The base was built to support the assault gunships (Retextured ghasts). Your objective is to take out the camp. Once you're in there you must protect the area against incoming UTF forces. At the end an assault gunship appears. The section is ended when you detonate the base.

For now we will only build the area itself. We are going to place monsters later with dispensers and redstone so keep that in mind and think about places you want to place those in. Usually the dispensers will be below a block in the corner like this :

B
DB____ so that the zombie spawns in the empty area between the blocks. The zombies appear and nobody will seethe dispensers.

General feeling of the map should fit it's style - all settings are moody, with few lights and an overall feel of an abandoned city. Try to use the textures existing in the pack, but if you really need more just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

The texture pack is "The end is extremely night" with some modified textures. I'll see what we need and modify it accordingly.
http://www.mediafire.com/?587x4yyj0y098o6

I say that we use the Voxelbox's modern texturepack!
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:05 am

The idea to re-texture the ghasts is a really nice touch!
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:32 am

Kobialka wrote:

A map would be better.

I didn't see Voxel's modern but this one fits just well.
Just choose your sector and lets begin Smile . If we gonna lack sectors I will give more (We can arrange freelance areas full of mob spawners where the player can wander in order to get more money)

BTW if you need invisible walls the normal leaves are invisible you can use them. I will soon update the texture pack so that the color of the plants will fit. Note I'm going to return the normal leaves (aas I found replacing leaves in trees you grow quite annoying) and make it Birch leaves .
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:04 am

Iv121 wrote:
Kobialka wrote:

A map would be better.

I didn't see Voxel's modern but this one fits just well.
Just choose your sector and lets begin Smile . If we gonna lack sectors I will give more (We can arrange freelance areas full of mob spawners where the player can wander in order to get more money)

BTW if you need invisible walls the normal leaves are invisible you can use them. I will soon update the texture pack so that the color of the plants will fit. Note I'm going to return the normal leaves (aas I found replacing leaves in trees you grow quite annoying) and make it Birch leaves .

Do you want me to block certain roads and make a certain path that must be followed in order to get to the town hall as you explained earlier? Should it be made on a flat world or a normal world? If it is on a normal world is it okay to flatten out the land where the city will be?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:33 am

Flatworld is your choice. You can make multiple paths to the town hall but I suggest to stick with one or it may be too much work for you. So you work on the Black Avenue ? Marked. Please write here BTW what you're working on so that we won't have 2 people working on the same stuff.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:46 am

Black avenue an probably the rest of the city it is Smile
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:34 pm

A new Version of the texture pack is now ready -

- added empty shelves instead of orange wool.
- lava is now a green toxic fluid.
- grass is now much darker.
- added leves back.
- pine leaves ae now invisiable - serve as invisiable walls.
- small cobble is now lapiz ore instead of orange wool (Best used as roads in the old city)

That's it I guess ...

http://www.mediafire.com/?xcc12n020zb2p9c
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Okay so you are doing the city and i am doing black avenue which is in the city. I need to know how wide the roads will be. So far i have a two lane road. Each lane is 5 blocks wide. I have sidewalks on both sides and in the center there is a thin strip of... ill just give you a picture. Note that I know the leaves on pine trees are invisible in the updated version of the mod but i put them in anyway to give you a better idea of what it will look like. Also, the sidewalks are not in this picture. The finished street including the side walks and the strip of plant life down the middle will be 15 blocks wide. Make sure you make the roads compatible with that length.

Spoiler:

I made an intersection template for you as well. No offense, I'm sure you could come up with one yourself but here is one i made. Edit: lol i screwed up the sidewalks. do not pay attention to them.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:34 pm

I want to choose another one to do. Yus i want to work on two. Either the neighborhood, town, or park. Before i choose though, could you explain what each will be like???
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:48 pm

I have a map for you of what i have done so far. I expect this project to take me 10 days. So far you start in a fenced in intersection with a small opening at the front. You go through it and see a military strong point with guns inside. There is another fence so you go through the apartment complex. Next you jump through a window onto a power line tower and climb across to a hole in the wall of the hospital. You can see all this on the map. You go down the stairs and out the door on the hospital on the other side of the fence. Everything past here is heavily guarded by the Military and it gets heavier and heavier as you get closer and closer to the end of Black Avenue, where town hall is and where the military has it's little command point. This has been very fun to build so far. Smile Enjoy the map!

Legend:

Red Dotted Lines: Future Buildings
White circles: Military hold points
Purple dotted lines: Barbed Wire Fences
Purple Solid Lines: Road blocks
UA: Un-accessible building
AC: Apartment Complex
H: Hospital
Green squiggles: Buildings with zombie spawners
Light Blue Star: Where player starts this level
Blue line: Path player takes
Yellow dots: Military spawners (skeletons)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:20 pm

W8 what section is that ? I think the only one that can have such high buildings is black avenue. The rest are pretty close to the ground. As long as you keep a few buildings tall it's ok but I don't want to end up in a skyscraper area. As for the roads in the first pictures I made you see a road. What you see there is 2 blocks of road between 2 blocks of lane, and so on each side of the main lane. You copy that thingy on each side of the treeline. Cover it with old small buildings on each side and you get the avenue.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:54 pm

I think I'll do the old town/thingy and forget the voxelbox thing. Becoming a member is really hard...
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:39 am

What do you mean ? They threw you out ? Sad
Anyway marked ! I suggest using the lapiz ore for the floor but do as you wish ...
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:47 am

I actually thought about it - we can make this map in adventure craft (It's a total conversion for minecraft that turns it into an adventure game). Should we do it or do you think it won't be that popular ? I'll make a poll .
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 11:59 am

Iv121 wrote:
W8 what section is that ? I think the only one that can have such high buildings is black avenue. The rest are pretty close to the ground. As long as you keep a few buildings tall it's ok but I don't want to end up in a skyscraper area. As for the roads in the first pictures I made you see a road. What you see there is 2 blocks of road between 2 blocks of lane, and so on each side of the main lane. You copy that thingy on each side of the treeline. Cover it with old small buildings on each side and you get the avenue.

So this does not take place in a huge city like i expected. It's just a town. So you want most of the buildings to be rigth in between normal and skyscraper meaning around 4 or 5 story's tall. The road, counting the lane blocks, sidewalk, and the treeline will be 11 blocks wide rather than the former 15. I'll start over. This took me about 2 hours so it does not really matter anyway. Please respond and tell me if this is what you mean. Also tell me this. I have used zeppelin mod before. I am making turrets in certain spots with blocks you can replace with turntables later. You can easily find them yourself when i give you the map but the question is about the barbed wire fences. So far I am just making a wall of fence 3 blocks high then putting web (barbed wire) on the top. Is this the style you want? I'll take another look at the pics in the OP but give me feedback.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project "Black Moon"   Project "Black Moon" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project "Black Moon"
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: