Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Move forum

Go down 
+14
Danice123
Laibach
fr0stbyte124
Iv121
Grand Imperial Thunder
Ivan2006
Last_Jedi_Standing
superninjakiwi
Potato
GLaDOS
ACH0225
Keon
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Move forum - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 4:47 pm

Also, thinking of having Dev blogs on a separate webpage. Yay or nay?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Technically we have a blog now, but no one uses it.

Or do you mean the threads? If you mean those, I don't think they will ever be a big enough deal to warrant anything more than a sticky. Site news, maybe, but not the logs.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:22 pm

I would cite the disappearance of some 60 pages of thread from the off topic forum as another reason to move.
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Danice123 wrote:
I would cite the disappearance of some 60 pages of thread from the off topic forum as another reason to move.
That is a point...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:36 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Technically we have a blog now, but no one uses it.

Or do you mean the threads? If you mean those, I don't think they will ever be a big enough deal to warrant anything more than a sticky. Site news, maybe, but not the logs.

There's a quaint little modification which can ostensibly be installed on a separate page of the website (and linked to on the forum) which allows users to create blogs with categories, etc. I was thinking having this preset with the devs having a category on said page each in which to make post progress updates and such. This would make things a lot easier for the occasional reader to sift through.

There's a demonstration of the mod at work here. It looks a bit sloppy, but I'm sure that can be changed.

Danice123 wrote:

Move forum - Page 4 Cockatielindeed

Though Jedi says someone moved it. Might be a database failure, might be someone who hates Sins with a burning passion. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:01 pm

Database error seems unlikely. Improper search indexing is one thing, but a bug involving row deletion probably wouldn't be so concise.
I wouldn't rule out human error, though.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Well, something happened. No one has anything to gain by deleting the most content rich thread on the forum, and if it were an accident the propagator would have apologized by now.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:07 am

Sir Tielton wrote:
Well, something happened. No one has anything to gain by deleting the most content rich thread on the forum, and if it were an accident the propagator would have apologized by now.
Yeah. I didn't say that someone did it, I just said that a moderator could have done it, and that seems more likely than them just vanishing.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:09 am

Ergo, "someone moved it" is the most probable cause.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:11 am

Sir Tielton wrote:
Ergo, "someone moved it" is the most probable cause.
I think someone split and deleted it. I don't have any evidence whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:13 am

Well, if it wasn't the database going wacko, that leaves someone tampering with it as the only source.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:28 am

Icons = y/n?

Move forum - Page 4 Iconsf
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:49 am

Icons - yes, those icons - no . The color kinda doesn't fit the theme. Try another color, like white which should fit better.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:52 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Icons - yes, those icons - no . The color kinda doesn't fit the theme. Try another color, like white which should fit better.

Well I thought they looked kinda nice, what with the text being the same color confused
Move forum - Page 4 Colors

It contrasts kinda well, imo. If you have another icon set you think would work better feel free to post it and I'll plug them in so we can see how it looks.

Also, got the blog mod but it looks kinda funny. I'm trying to have prosilver as the style for the blogs (different from the forums) but so far querying the SQL isn't working..

Move forum - Page 4 Blogs

As you can see, no dividers. Then there's the issue of these annoying 'Recent' and 'Random' blog post boxes at the bottom of the page (not visible in picture) that serve little function other than to be annoying. Looks like I'll be waist deep in HTML code to fiddle with tongue
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Hmm, now that I see it, the blog thing could be a good idea. I've had a bunch of complaints in the past that the informational posts were getting obscured by the comments. A blog format would sort that all out and keep the whole thing clean.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:24 am

Oh, for crying out loud, just give us the damn link!

I want a new forum, and I want it NOW!!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:53 am

I fear the wrath of Shiva.

But on the other hand I need the devs to make accounts so I can link to the dev blogs in the Development section.

And then there's the matter of this annoying bug.

Move forum - Page 4 Errorza

Is it really that big of a deal that I give out the URL now?
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Looks good so far Tiel. Why don't you get one of the texture designers to make you some icons instead of stealing them from StarCraft?

I agree that giving out the URL isn't the best way to go until it's done. If people go there now you'll just have a whole lot of whining about bugs etc.

Last edited by Avenger_7 on Fri May 25, 2012 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Looks good so far Tiel. Why don't you get one of the texture designers to make you some icons instead of stealing the from StarCraft?

I agree that giving out the URL isn't the best way to go until it's done. If people go there now you'll just have a whole lot of whining about bugs etc.

Good idea, didn't think of that.

Ssshhh
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 11:51 pm

We all know the carrier pic is better.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:56 am

I thought those pics looked familiar...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:43 am

I'm just going to go with no icons if it's all the same to you. Something that concerns me, though, is that the nameservers for the dot.tk domain keep going out of whack. I'll probably have to switch to a paid webhost if these issues persist.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:47 am

Don't do that.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:53 am

Why?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Again, why not?

Well, there's the matter that every bloody domain name containing 'future' and 'craft' in that order have been bought up for some odd reason...and all expire at the end of this year Mad

Problem is I've seen reports of 000webhost being accused of extorting users when their databases get too large and become too big a burden to carry; in conjunction with the nameservers issue I think it's best to switch to transfer the forum to a cheapo webhost and get a cooleo .com domain name as a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Move forum   Move forum - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Move forum
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next